TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The shed. IIRC Clint came in late and parked in the shed. He also heard there was a storm coming and had closed the doors. And I think the truck is probably Dana's. Just a guess though and JMO.

Looks like Dana drive a HUGE white truck....it sits high. It has been in both videos. Clint has a black truck.

So now we hear that Clint parked in the shed. okiedokiethen. He did this because a big storm was coming? So now we have the answer to where he was parked....hmmm...but there was no storm.

Where was Clint the night before and why was he there at the house? You said he got home late? Where is this information coming from?

To the left of the picture is the opening to the carport and the back door.

So there's two doors? One is the kitchen door and kitty-corner to that is another door to the open carport/garage? They didn't finish the carport using the house wall but left some space and put up a corrugated steel wall? I see light coming from under the steel. I don't know how light could be there because there is a roof sealing the entire structure.

Maybe that pic with the steel is the shed and not the garage attached to the house. I am trying to get a handle on this.

If Clint was inches away from another door and he could see clearly into the garage, he should definitely know who was there IF his car was not there. He would be close enough to identify the perp.

So there is a friend of the family that has some info not dispersed to the media. Would that person be willing to talk to media about the case?

I think when Clint called his mom to see if Holly had decided to skip school (and all members of the family knew Holly had a BIG final that day) he told her that Holly and Drew had just walked into the woods. Karen, being a smart lady, instantly made the connection that A. Holly would never miss the final test to go hunting and B. the man could not be Drew, because she had just spoken to Drew a few minutes ago and he was over on the other side of the county trying to gain permission to hunt on the ggrandmother's land. Karen knew that someone else was taking Holly into the woods by process of elimination. In her mind, there was no time to waste. She told Clint to get the gun and go follow his sister! Clint, not understanding what the big deal was (and not knowing at that point that it could NOT be Drew) was probably thinking that it was a little stupid to chase Holly and Drew down with a gun, just for missing a test! While he's trying to connect the dots, the neighbor drives up, and he sees spilled coke and a puddle of blood. About the time "he finally gets it," his mom gets home, they run into the woods, and it is too late!

My understanding is the neighbour is the one who called Karen and not Clint. Karen then called Clint.

If I'm wrong, someone please feel free to correct me. There have been so many versions it's hard to keep the facts straight.

Please forgive me if my question has been asked and answered, but does anyone know if Clint ever stated he saw Holly clutching her lunch box as she walked into the woods?

It seems she would have to have had it with her for it to end up so many miles away.

No, he never said he saw Holly clutching her lunchbag/box.

Last thread's buzz term: This case is like a novel with an unreliable narrator.

Fine-tuning the focus: Clint is the unreliable narrator.

Indeed. I've said it before and say it again, someone should just scrap whatever Clint said and start over, imo. Take Clint's statements and shred them.

Start from the night before Holly disappeared and take it from there......

:moo:

Let's not forget one other important fact.

Clint was not supposed to be there that morning.

I want photos of the house and the carport. I would like to see the layout of the house.
What was the Golden Retriever doing when all this was happening? I knew there had to be another dog because Clint refferred to the little dog as our "house" dog. I have to assume there was an outside dog also. I saw the Golden in the video that was posted last night.

Nobody ever asked about the outside dog. One would assume the dog would be going nuts chasing Holly and the perp, wouldn't it?

So there's two doors? One is the kitchen door and kitty-corner to that is another door to the open carport/garage? They didn't finish the carport using the house wall but left some space and put up a corrugated steel wall? I see light coming from under the steel. I don't know how light could be there because there is a roof sealing the entire structure.

Maybe that pic with the steel is the shed and not the garage attached to the house. I am trying to get a handle on this.

If Clint was inches away from another door and he could see clearly into the garage, he should definitely know who was there IF his car was not there. He would be close enough to identify the perp.
No, it's the carport that is attached to the house. I'm sure of that. Also, I don't think there is a light coming from underneath the steel wall. That camera shot is just weirdly lit and on top of that I took a picture of the TV. It's just the white concrete (or whatever material that is) along the edge of that wall reflecting.

I think it's hard to say what you could see looking out the back door into the garage without going to the Bobo house and looking for yourself, especially since there is no news video of that specific vantage point. That pic from AMW is probably close but it's still from outside, along the little walkway, not from inside the house.

Nobody ever asked about the outside dog. One would assume the dog would be going nuts chasing Holly and the perp, wouldn't it?
It wouldn't if it were in it's kennel, which it probably was (if there were an outside dog) if everybody in the house was at work/about to leave/asleep that morning.

Is that a fact? Or just something that was said somewhere at some time?

The family confirmed it when they did the long interview/call-in show with one of the local TV stations. Unfortunately I don't think the entirety of that video is available on the web anymore.

Looks like Dana drive a HUGE white truck....it sits high. It has been in both videos. Clint has a black truck.

So now we hear that Clint parked in the shed. okiedokiethen. He did this because a big storm was coming? So now we have the answer to where he was parked....hmmm...but there was no storm.

Where was Clint the night before and why was he there at the house? You said he got home late? Where is this information coming from?

I remember it from an earlier thread. It seems like it was said he came home from school or work when he wasn't expected to. I wish I knew where that info came from, but I don't.

Is that a fact? Or just something that was said somewhere at some time?

Fact. IIRC, it was one of those call in talk shows. Wish I could remember the name of it. If you want, I can look for it.

The family confirmed it when they did the long interview/call-in show with one of the local TV stations. Unfortunately I don't think the entirety of that video is available on the web anymore.

Thanks Chili. Glad you remember also. BTW, I apologize for referring to you as a "her" in an earlier post. I should have known better than to assume and it clearly says "man sleuth" underneath your name. :blushing:

I think when Clint called his mom to see if Holly had decided to skip school (and all members of the family knew Holly had a BIG final that day) he told her that Holly and Drew had just walked into the woods. Karen, being a smart lady, instantly made the connection that A. Holly would never miss the final test to go hunting and B. the man could not be Drew, because she had just spoken to Drew a few minutes ago and he was over on the other side of the county trying to gain permission to hunt on the ggrandmother's land. Karen knew that someone else was taking Holly into the woods by process of elimination. In her mind, there was no time to waste. She told Clint to get the gun and go follow his sister! Clint, not understanding what the big deal was (and not knowing at that point that it could NOT be Drew) was probably thinking that it was a little stupid to chase Holly and Drew down with a gun, just for missing a test! While he's trying to connect the dots, the neighbor drives up, and he sees spilled coke and a puddle of blood. About the time "he finally gets it," his mom gets home, they run into the woods, and it is too late!

Thanks for stating your explanation of events. I noticed you didn’t address the lack of communication about the screams info between Karen and Clint. No matter. No one knows.

The SODDI defense continues.

jmo

No, it's the carport that is attached to the house. I'm sure of that. Also, I don't think there is a light coming from underneath the steel wall. That camera shot is just weirdly lit and on top of that I took a picture of the TV. It's just the white concrete (or whatever material that is) along the edge of that wall reflecting.

I think it's hard to say what you could see looking out the back door into the garage without going to the Bobo house and looking for yourself, especially since there is no news video of that specific vantage point. That pic from AMW is probably close but it's still from outside, along the little walkway, not from inside the house.

It wouldn't if it were in it's kennel, which it probably was (if there were an outside dog) if everybody in the house was at work/about to leave/asleep that morning.

You may be right that the dog was in its kennel but in the video when the reporter was there, it was running loose. Where would the kennel be kept in your opinion? Still, one would think it would be barking like crazy. Would the neighbours hear it? Would they have mentioned the dog barking?

Ok, and someone pointed this out earlier and wish I could credit them, but can't remember. If Holly should have left at 7:30 and Clint didn't know anything else for several minutes I think(?) And then called Karen it would be close to 8:00. If IIRC Drew should of been at work by 8:00. If he was really hunting he would have been in the woods much earlier, before daybreak anyway. If he was stopped and not allowed wouldn't the call have come much earlier? 5 to 6 maybe? to as I seem to remember a report of some calls to try and straighten it out. I can't see them doing that at close to 8 if Drew was stopped from hunting much earlier. I guess its possible that when stopped he and his Dad may of just gone home and attempted to straighten it out later. I guess we won't know unless phone records are released.

I believe they all try to get out and set up before sunup.

It could be that Drew's presence wasn't noticed until after 7:00.

What baffles me is this: This was not the first day of turkey hunting, it likely was not the first day Drew had gone turkey hunting, Drew had been with Holly for a year.
Who on the grandmother's property didn't "recognize" Drew ?

Makes you wonder if the timing is all off.

Why are we assuming Holly screamed while in the carport? Since there was blood, she may have been fighting or caught off guard, no time to scream.

Wouldn’t it make more sense that she would be screaming being led (or dragged) to the woods?

jmo

Fact. IIRC, it was one of those call in talk shows. Wish I could remember the name of it. If you want, I can look for it.

I was kind of being sarcastic, as we don't know how much we have heard is actually a "fact."

I remember it from an earlier thread. It seems like it was said he came home from school or work when he wasn't expected to. I wish I knew where that info came from, but I don't.

Clint was reported to be working 2 jobs and going to school. I believe he got home late, because he was coming from his 2nd/night job.

He wasn't supposed to be at home the next morning; he was supposed to be at school/job, but he stayed home to write a paper for school.

The night before (April 12,) he was at home on his cell phone with a friend who was at a concert, and he listened to it with his cell phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonfire