TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #34

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they did have a suspect, the first guy they interviewed, since he was found burning something on his land that day (his vehicle I think) and they took a knife found in the truck. They kept it and matched it to the wounds on her bones when she was found. Her live-in was a suspect for a while, they ruled him out, but he still took some heat locally until the arrest. Even weirder, the defense lawyer came up with a LWOP guy who "confessed" and said he did it, but LE did not buy it.

Do you get the ID Channel? It is on again this Sunday at 7pm EST, called "Death Down on the Farm" a Nightmare Next Door episode.

Darn it, NO! After moving I changed from DTV to cable since we have too many trees to get a signal and just looked it up to find we don't get ID! :maddening:

Darn it, NO! After moving I changed from DTV to cable since we have too many trees to get a signal and just looked it up to find we don't get ID! :maddening:

:(

Robert Merle Harrod's case is going to be featured on Disappeared at the start of the new ID season-that network has a great niche market in all of us sleuthers. Call your cable company!!!! :blowkiss:

I love the point raised about jewelry. Are there pawn shops in the area? I wonder if any of the jewelry was hocked? Perhaps it was given to a mother, sister, lover who doesnt know where it originated from? That would be worth publishing I would think unless it was already found at some point. :(

Holly, no one is giving up on you.

Lexington, I know, has a pawn shop.

I've wondered if this could be like the Tara Grinstead case...with multiple possible suspects. Maybe...an ex-boyfriend, a friend or former HS classmate who has gotten in trouble before, somebody who may have been stalking her or kind of seemed like it, somebody who worked with her dad, a creepy guy from UT-Martin Parsons, etc.... I wouldn't be surprised if the family and LE look in different directions and see different suspicious guys who could fit the height/weight description.

I've wondered if this could be like the Tara Grinstead case...with multiple possible suspects. Maybe...an ex-boyfriend, a friend or former HS classmate who has gotten in trouble before, somebody who may have been stalking her or kind of seemed like it, somebody who worked with her dad, a creepy guy from UT-Martin Parsons, etc.... I wouldn't be surprised if the family and LE look in different directions and see different suspicious guys who could fit the height/weight description.

Makes you wonder if that person even participates in the searches! :eek:

Now I'm having nightmares about this accursed case. H-e-l-l-l-p!

With Tara's case, we knew all about the various suspects and POI's from the start. Here, we have never even heard of one. I find it hard to believe they have a list of POI's and it has never come out that they were being interviewed, search warrants being issued, etc.

With Tara's case, we knew all about the various suspects and POI's from the start. Here, we have never even heard of one. I find it hard to believe they have a list of POI's and it has never come out that they were being interviewed, search warrants being issued, etc.

I find the two cases are handled similarly. In Tara's case, it is MO that LE shut the case down soon after the interview with Tara's BF.There was a major news network interviewing Tara's BF. That was the difference. MSM ( I think Greta) was inside Tara's house looking at her bdrm.. In Holly's case, no such thing was allowed or nobody will talk. My guess is the pastors/sheriffs tell them not to talk to the press Other than the initial MSM entering Tara's case, everything else is going down the same way.

I find the two cases are handled similarly. In Tara's case, it is MO that LE shut the case down soon after the interview with Tara's BF.There was a major news network interviewing Tara's BF. That was the difference. MSM ( I think Greta) was inside Tara's house looking at her bdrm.. In Holly's case, no such thing was allowed or nobody will talk. My guess is the pastors/sheriffs tell them not to talk to the press Other than the initial MSM entering Tara's case, everything else is going down the same way.

I have seen TV shows (Dateline, 48 Hours) about Tara's case, with lots of people talking on camera and all of the various POI's named. Quite different to me from Holly's case.

It's going to be airing again on Aug 11 & 12, if you have a friend that has the ID channel.

It's not on youtube. It is on Amazon, but like the one someone else mentioned being on iTunes, it is also $1.99.

If I had a video camera I'd record it for you, but I don't.

FYI I saw Holly's missing photo on a semi yesterday, I-77 north of Charlotte NC. The truck had Florida on the door but I didn't see the license plate. That's the second one I've seen in NC

FYI I saw Holly's missing photo on a semi yesterday, I-77 north of Charlotte NC. The truck had Florida on the door but I didn't see the license plate. That's the second one I've seen in NC

Excellent!

I brought up Erika Megan Sharpton's case before and went back to look at some of the similarities. Why do I get this awful feeling that Holly and Megan's cases could be connected?

Check this out. Megan's stuff was also scattered. Items in her "pink" purse are missing.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/23/ng.01.html

http://thesop.org/story/20120725/megan-sharptons-homicide-in-tullahoma-tn-is-highly-unusual.html

Wish TBI would finally solve a case and perhaps connect the dots! So frustrating. :banghead:

I am happy to see Holly's thread moving once again! I check in here from time to time because this case is one I will never forget.

I have always felt this case was local....and as in most small towns, things are passed around by word of mouth. Everyone knows everyone or someone who is related to someone. If you have a young man who is local, who did something really stupid...maybe even as a prank, in the beginning...and then it got huge and out of control...I can see a family member (or more than one) covering for him~ Maybe even refusing to allow their property to be searched....

I always felt like the discovery at Easter (was it really Holly's phone?), was an important turning point in Holly's case....it seems like there was much momentum leading up to that find...and then boom, the bottom dropped out and the searches came to a halt (or at least those intense early searches).

Several things felt strange to me from the start:
1. Clint's version of events
2. The flurry of phone calls between Drew, Holly and her mom
3. The use of hundreds of locals in the immediate searches
4. The refusal to release the 911 calls.

I would really love to hear the 911 calls...just to know exactly who made them and at what times. I can't imagine the purpose in not releasing them. Boggles the mind.

Fortunately for Holly's case, it is being handled differently IMO.

Hat's off to GBI for taking over the Grinstead case. IIRC the crime scene (if you consider Tara's home that) was completely contaminated before LE even processed it. IIRC her BIL Larry Gattis listened/deleted calls from her answering machine after she disappeared. Why anyone in their right mind would let a news crew into the home of a missing person during an active investigation is beyond me. I remember when Larry went onto to Montel Williams and announced he failed his poly. A three ring circus....ah well.

In any case, Holly's jewelry-if we still have verified insiders posting here perhaps they can weigh in on her go to pieces.

Just a question-who would it benefit to release the 911 calls? I mean other than a curious public.

Well... here's the way its going to be...

We are NOT going to discuss Clint or the family as suspects. We are not going to bash this family. They will not be discussed as POI's or suspects.

You can discuss what they say and what they've said but you are not going to speculate on why its different in your opinion or why they even said it this way one time and that way another.

Last warning, you all know what can and can't be discussed here. You all know what's meant by 'we are a victim friendly site' you all know who that is. Rumors will not be allowed!

If needed time outs will be given.

Ima
bumping this up. Any posts that are not here any longer most likely fell into this category. If you have a question please pm a moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck