TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
T. Britt lives in Parsons, TN.

Currently in jail, in Hardeman County, TN, awaiting trial.

Well, I don't know. And while I, like most here I would imagine, wait on the edge of my seat for information from LE, I know that broadcasting information to amateur sleuthers is and must be low on their list of priorities.

As for why the calls have not been released: I can't guess. I will say that there are some very good reasons why such calls don't get released, though.

I don't know that any of this applies to Holly's case, but these things have happened: Occasionally calls reveal details specific to a crime that LE does not want the general public to know. Sometimes, keeping such details private may enable LE to quickly dismiss claims by nuts who say that they've committed the crime. And there are also ways in which keeping your cards close to your chest can help in interrogations with guilty parties.

There have also been cases in which LE would not want to release a 911 call because details of the calls offer a greater public safety risk than benefit.

Sometimes calls may include erroneous information which, were it not for the heat of the moment, would seem slanderous. Anyone reading this must be familiar with the fallibility of eyewitness testimony.

Now, I'm not saying that the calls were not released for any of these reasons. It could have been one of them, or some other reason, or for no reason.

But I don't presume that it's anyone's right to hear the calls, and I can say that there are some good reasons why such calls might not be released.

ITA. Just wanted to add one more reason why 911 calls are not always released...
LE might not see any purpose in subjecting victims to having to relive a horrible trauma over and over again.

I know a LE shrink who frequently encounters questions regarding this very issue. And they often advise against, because if there is no useful info to be gained from the public all it does is revictimize victims.
I tend to concur.

Don't know what the reason is in Holly's case, but I'm willing to accept that there's probably a good one.

ITA. Just wanted to add one more reason why 911 calls are not always released...
LE might not see any purpose in subjecting victims to having to relive a horrible trauma over and over again.

I know a LE shrink who frequently encounters questions regarding this very issue. And they often advise against, because if there is no useful info to be gained from the public all it does is revictimize victims.
I tend to concur.

Don't know what the reason is in Holly's case, but I'm willing to accept that there's probably a good one.

RE: LE might not see any purpose in subjecting victims to having to relive a horrible trauma over and over again.

Oriah, I honor & respect all other opinions. I don't know how releasing the 911 calls would help in this investigations after 16 months, except maybe generating a new awareness by msm..

The families and victims are being subjected to trauma each day/night that their loved ones aren't brought home & their cases not solved.
Silence only leads to innocent victims lives lost,
and mounting cold cases.

The TBI has not provided a news update in almost 500 days. Obviously media management is not one of their strong suits.

The motto of the TBI is "that guilt shall not escape, nor innocence suffer".

Holly's case is not cold.

Media management might not be TBI's strong point, or it might be an intentionally weak point...idk.

What I do know is that there is current information out there about Holly that is being kept alive via all of the avenues available- LE, social media, community, SAR.

Holly's case is not cold.

Media management might not be TBI's strong point, or it might be an intentionally weak point...idk.

What I do know is that there is current information out there about Holly that is being kept alive via all of the avenues available- LE, social media, community, SAR.

Thank you Oriah. I am not sure why we are continually revisiting this stuff every few pages :waitasec:

Everyone wants Holly to be found and there are ways to continue that without subjecting anyone to the anguish of reliving 911 calls or insulting law enforcement or implicating family. imvho.

We are seeing a pattern of searching that is emerging and it is being driven by something. It appears that the belief is that there is a travel route headed north. Those are the people to reach, I would think. Those folks who might not connect something they have seen with the possible travel route of Holly and her kidnapper.

Reposted from: SoutheastCanine SearchandRescue 8:07pm Aug 13

"The family of Holly Bobo are going to be at the Decatur County Fair this week. They are asking that anyone who participated in the search in the past 16 months come by and say hello.

There will be a box set up for anonymous tips. You can drop any information that you have on Holly or any other missing person case here confidentially, NO QUESTIONS ASKED!

Tuesday we will be bringing down Bear, our lead HRD dog. We are planning to do a short demonstration on what he can do if we can.

Thanks and GOD Bless."

REPOSTED FROM: Holly Bobo Prayers
8 hours ago near Adamsville, TN via mobile

Our daughter was abducted from our home between 7:40 and 8:00 am on April 13,2011. We are asking for everyone to think back to the days before and after for anything that seemed out of the ordinary.

Holly drove a 2006 black Mustang. Please try to remember if you saw her or anyone following her, or talking to her in the days prior to her abduction.

A typical day for Holly would be to leave our home around 7:40 am and arrive at Parsons UT Martin Center at 7:55 am. Holly took a lunch break from 11 am to noon. She would have possibly gone to Sonic, Parsons Dairy Bar, or her grandmothers home in Parsons.

It is possible that someone does have a new tip or knowledge extremely important to the case that has not yet been called into the TBI Tipline. This information might have seemed insignificant or unimportant at the time or even now, but it could be that single, small tip that is needed to bring Holly home.

Please remember that at this time Holly's hair color could be different and it could be cut shorter.

Your prayers and support in finding our daughter would be greatly appreciated.

PLEASE HELP US FIND OUR DAUGHTER!

The Bobo's wording does not make it sound as if they have any suspects at all in mind, in fact sounds like they are thinking she could have been stalked, etc...which I have always thought to be a possibility.

They searched in Holladay, TN, 25 miles North of the Bobo home.

I didn't realize there was a Benton County and Benton, TN. That's why my google directions showed up the way it did. 25 miles makes more sense. Have they searched near grandma's house considering she would sometimes go there for lunch (??)

Reposted from: SoutheastCanine SearchandRescue 8:07pm Aug 13

"The family of Holly Bobo are going to be at the Decatur County Fair this week. They are asking that anyone who participated in the search in the past 16 months come by and say hello.

There will be a box set up for anonymous tips. You can drop any information that you have on Holly or any other missing person case here confidentially, NO QUESTIONS ASKED!

Tuesday we will be bringing down Bear, our lead HRD dog. We are planning to do a short demonstration on what he can do if we can.

Thanks and GOD Bless."

Are the anonymous tips being monitored by SAR only? I hope so.

The Bobo's wording does not make it sound as if they have any suspects at all in mind, in fact sounds like they are thinking she could have been stalked, etc...which I have always thought to be a possibility.

She could have been stalked by someone she knew. If they thought Mr or Miss XYZ may have been involved, they may need more proof.

The thing is that most people, if they have had a stalker, would tell someone about it... their friends, family, etc. Stalkers are rarely invisible and usually make their presence known to the victim in some way. Not that her freinds and family have spoken volumes, but no one has mentioned a stalker, there don't seem to be any injunctions against anyone, etc. And again, I have seen a lot of cases where LE and/or the victim's family or friends will name names even with no "proof". Look at Drew Peterson for example, everyone under the sun up there has said he killed his last two wives even though originally his second wife's death was ruled an accident. The "official" ruling certainly didn't silence the ladies friends and family who were very vocal and persistent in making their own suspicions known.

Right. We don't know if Holly voiced her concerns about anyone. One would assume if she was being followed or threatened, she would have mentioned it to someone especially her boyfriend. There are certain things teenagers, young adults, heck even adults don't share with their parents but will tell a best friend or a boyfriend.

I am still of the opinion that the Bobo family may suspect someone but without proof, their hands are tied and so is LE.

Someone knows something and needs to come forward. If the anonymous tip box will help, so be it. I'm not holding my breath though. Who would drop off an anonymous tip when the Bobo family and SAR and whoever else is around? KWIM?

Southeast K-9 Search and Rescue shared SoutheastCanine SearchandRescue's status.

16 hours ago.

We have a busy week coming up this week. Through the day we will be in Kentucky this week working a cold case tour. While we are there we will be checking areas related to the cases of Chris Robinson, Scotty Bryant, and Patricia Calloway.

In the evenings when we get back on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday we will be coming out to Decaturville to the fair. There is going to be a "Annonymous Tip"
Box at the booth for anyone who has any info related to the Bobo case. All tips will be kept confidential but we ask that tips are kept to Fact Only! Please don't tip on heresay. If you have a tip on another missing person case you can drop it in the box too, just make sure you write the name of the person who the tip is related to on the paper.

bbm

Maybe their strategy is if they get enough tips about a certain person they will pursue it with LE? Just a thought.

https://www.facebook.com/southeastk9

I am pretty certain SE K9 works in tandem with LE...most do.

Re: tip boxes
Sometimes people who have no involvement in a crime at all realize they may have pertinent information after the fact, but don't know what to do with it- or are uncomfortable with LE or uncomfortable with being questioned about their information for personal reasons. Anonymous tip boxes at public events can be really helpful in that regard.

Example- we had a MP case in my neck of the woods that was baffling everyone for quite some time. SAR set up a booth at the local farmers market (very high traffic, and very diverse population) with a tip box. A tip was left by a man who stated that he recalled seeing XYZ on such and such date at such and such location. Turned out it was a motel, and the tipster was having an affair; he didn't want his wife to find out, but wanted to share the information.
Sure enough, that became the (new) last seen location, and that ended up locating the MP.

The Decauter Co fairgrounds seems like a great idea to me!

MAJOR CHANGES TO THIS WEBSITE:

There is now a "TIPS" page. You can send in any tip 100% anonymous.

Holly Bobo Is Still Missing

www.findinghollybobo.com

Thanks Karen Anne. That makes a lot more sense to me to include a tip line on the Find Holly website. SAR organizations should also include one on theirs if they don't already. IMO people prefer the anonymity behind a computer rather than in person.

Some beautiful pictures of Holly I hadn't seen before. The search pictures were also quite sobering. Hope they found/find something. Anything that will give them that one clue in finding Holly.

Thanks Karen Anne. That makes a lot more sense to me to include a tip line on the Find Holly website. SAR organizations should also include one on theirs if they don't already. IMO people prefer the anonymity behind a computer rather than in person.

Some beautiful pictures of Holly I hadn't seen before. The search pictures were also quite sobering. Hope they found/find something. Anything that will give them that one clue in finding Holly.

Tip box set up for Holly Bobo at Decatur Fair

A tip box has been set up at the Decatur County Fair until Saturday for people to drop off any information they may have about the disappearance of Scotts Hill resident Holly Bobo.

Karen Bobo, Holly’s mother, said people can leave anonymous tips at a booth set up by the Corinth Baptist Church. Karen said this is the first tip box the family has put out. She said the family has also recently sent out nearly 20,000 direct-to-door cards seeking information about Bobo.

Don't know why reporters keep making minor mistakes. She does not live in Scotts Hill, she lives in Darden, TN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopy22192