TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a search for Holly scheduled for August 25, 2012.

This search is being sponsored by South East K9 Search and Rescue.
The SAR group is looking for an additional 200 volunteers!
Please pre-register at www.southeastk9sar.org

If you have any information regarding Holly's disappearance or whereabouts, there is an anonymous tip jar at the Decatur County Fairgrounds until Saturday August 18, 2012.

Online tips may be submitted to tipstotbi@tn.gov and https://tips.fbi.gov/

:bow:

Kimster, thank you very very much for adding the request for additional searchers to the Front Page.

:rocker:

I'm just posting Sierra Lamar's as an example.
Her missing poster

http://niecey456.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/sierralamarflyer_8_5x11_35kreward1.jpg

It says her safe return or successful prosecution of the individual responsible for her disappearance.

Lauren Spierer. $110,000 reward

http://amberpagewrites.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/lauren.spierer.reward.flyer2_.jpg

Michelle Le $100,000 reward. I believe Amber Dubois mom, Carrie got the reward.

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/de...sh/a7/b5/a7b55d8421d48e79ba4872f06280b83c.jpg

Hi Kimster,
How was the reward worded? Reward for information or Reward for the missing girls safe return? TIA

My point is if it's information for a missing person's SAFE return and sadly the missing person is dead, how does it entice someone to come forward with information if they won't collect the reward money?

I understand and agree that a reward offered for any information to finding the missing person may entice someone to come forward BUT if you add the word SAFE....I'm not so sure.

In the Wix case, it just said "reward". (I went to check and am sad to say the private reward was withdrawn. :( )

I'm not sure what it said in the case I was watching on Disappeared. I've been watching it marathon style via Netflix over the past few days and can't remember which case it was. :doh: However, the money was donated, as was the Wix reward. I would assume the terms are up to the person putting up the money. Is there verification of who made this donation? And I'm still not sure why it matters. I think our train of thought differs in this regard.

In the Wix case, it just said "reward". (I went to check and am sad to say the private reward was withdrawn. :( )

I'm not sure what it said in the case I was watching on Disappeared. I've been watching it marathon style via Netflix over the past few days and can't remember which case it was. :doh: However, the money was donated, as was the Wix reward. I would assume the terms are up to the person putting up the money. Is there verification of who made this donation? And I'm still not sure why it matters. I think our train of thought differs in this regard.

No it shouldn't matter. I agree with you on that. Any moral human being should speak up if they know something regardless of the amount of reward money or not. I don't think rewards make a difference in these sad cases. Many times the missing person is found by someone who is not even looking for them and just happens on their remains.

Thanks, Carla.

I'd also add a....

5) shine a light on LE's actions immediately after their hearing of the abduction

And that's why I believe the 911 calls have not been released. Just my humble opinion and all that.

I'm not sure you would get that... the 911 calls to a dispatcher usually dont have any information about any subsequent police response. Thats not handled on the phone with the caller. usually the dispatcher just says to wait there and someone will arrive shortly. Actualy private police scanner chatter would be interesting though. But again the initial 911 calls would indicate what kind of response should be made based on what was said to the dispatcher.

I'm not sure you would get that... the 911 calls to a dispatcher usually dont have any information about any subsequent police response. Thats not handled on the phone with the caller. usually the dispatcher just says to wait there and someone will arrive shortly. Actualy private police scanner chatter would be interesting though. But again the initial 911 calls would indicate what kind of response should be made based on what was said to the dispatcher.
Yes, I know, but the subsequent actions by LE are a natural consequence of the 911 calls, which certainly might reflect whether LE's decision to wait for the tracking dogs instead of pursuing the kidnapper was a sound one. Also, the calls might shed light on what many see as LE's attempt to scapegoat Clint by, in essence, blaming him for the whole "drug into"/"led into" confusion.

I have a question for everyone interested in having the 911 calls released, should they ever be released.

What are we all going to actively do to find Holly, if given that additional information? Can we work on that here at WS's? Like- sort of a preparation plan for a possible release of that info- and what we all will do, according to the many possible scenarios that may come out of it?

I have a question for everyone interested in having the 911 calls released, should they ever be released.

What are we all going to actively do to find Holly, if given that additional information? Can we work on that here at WS's? Like- sort of a preparation plan for a possible release of that info- and what we all will do, according to the many possible scenarios that may come out of it?
Certainly a point well-taken, and yet it puts strictures on what we can and cannot discuss.

As far as I know, the only no-go in discussion is any that would seek to cast aspersions on a victimized, grieving family.

These threads have provided a rich variety of discussion covering all aspects of this case.

I hope that that rich variety of discussion can continue.

I do not believe TN ever releases 911 calls. I think it is a TN law.

Question - just wondering, why is Holly's case still labeled as "believed abducted" here on WS instead of "abducted"?

"There is a $250,000 Reward for her safe return"

"$85,000.00 for the arrest and conviction of the person/persons responsible"

That's a total of over a Third Of A Million Dollars.

http://www.findinghollybobo.com/tips.html

"If you have any information on the whereabouts of Holly Bobo, please fill out the form below, even if you think it's something that isn't that important.
You can remain 100% anonymous"

Okay. So let's maybe create scenarios and then apply the possible 911 calls to them- and then assign a possible route of travel accordingly?

Sort of like an outline.

For example (and this is only an example used for this approach, not actual because I have no idea of the actual):
Let's say:

Clint was the first to make a 911 call.
-dispatch responds and sends out a patrol car
Karen was the first to make a 911 call.
Holly was the first to make a 911 call
Drew was the first to make a 911 call
Dana was the first to make a 911 call
Neighbor was the first to make a 911 call
etc etc etc.

Now going from the point of view that all of these possibilities exist- and that all of these people were in different locations at the time (remember, the 911 system has auto locate, so we can generate a possible math equation here) how fast and in what direction would the person who abducted Holly have been traveling? What amount of time did they have from each location of an initial 911 call? Walking, running, vehicle, etc.
We have a pretty tight time frame here. We should be able to figure this out for each possible scenario.

My opinions only, no facts here:

Regarding 911 calls, the following is snipped from my timeline and slightly re-worded for clarity. If you have not seen my timeline, these entries will seem a bit disconnected.

[[7:40-ish (male neighbor’s mother calls Holly’s mother at work about the scream, witness is secretary who relays info to mother) ****note that earlier newspaper accounts may indicate a 7:30 time for the scream AND that the nearby neighbors called 911 at this same time, curiously the 7:30 time for a 911 call was supposedly mentioned by an official; it seems that this is now corrected to 7:40?- but did someone actually call 911 before Holly’s mother?****]] NO CALL TO 911?

[[7:50-ish (Holly's mother calls 911 but is not satisfied that she talked to the right office, witness is Henderson County dispatch)]] FIRST CALL

[[7:50-ish (Holly's mother calls 911 again, witness is Decatur County dispatch)]] SECOND CALL

[[8:00-ish: (brother calls 911 as he hears sirens, witness is presumably the dispatcher- note that this call may have been at 7:59 based on a supposed official comment)]] THIRD CALL

There are three 911 calls that probably occurred. There is still a possibility of a 4th call at 7:40-ish. This presumes that the neighbor woman could have called 911, before contacting Holly's mother at work.

Myself, I would be more interested in the precise time of each 911 call, rather than the verbal content.

My opinions only, no facts here:

As you will gather, I am back. I have not been away; just busy gathering more evidence. I have previously posted a detailed timeline for this case and I hope my timeline is still contemporary and useful. I did see the post about the person who found the keycard. If there are any other firm updates, let me know about them and I will tweak my timeline. I want the mods to know that even though I maintain a thick electronic dossier of reports, photos, and videos concerning the Holly Bobo case, I have never named a suspect. In that spirit, the following discussion is NOT intended to even hint at any specific individual named in this case. I do however, plead guilty to visiting competing sleuther sites to fish for additional tidbits.

I have felt since Day 1 that this case is eminently solvable. The perpetrator knew Holly's daily schedule well. The crime was in a sparsely populated area with very few or no adjacent suspects, where the police arrive very promptly and everybody knows everybody. Dogs on the scent fairly expeditiously. If there was a four-wheeler or truck in the woods behind the home speeding off with Holly, it would have been heard from the Bobo household. Tire tracks of a 4-wheeler or truck would have been readily identifiable on secondary or logging roads. Even a few patrol cars could have formed an impenetrable dragnet. So, I think that the perpetrator was not clever, they were lucky.

The following theory presumes that Holly was abducted (remember that even this cannot be known with certainty, based upon how little info we are privy to). Until this crime is resolved, I will continue to be puzzled that the lunch bag and phone were not dumped at or very close to the abduction site. But I have to work with the official story-lines.

I call this guy out. The perpetrator is local. The perpetrator had gradually developed an obsession with Holly. I suggest it is someone who knew Holly well enough to determine her daily schedule. This individual was not an inner-circle friend, but someone in the median circle (friend of a friend or a very casual acquaintance through growing up OR present-day school, church, or work). I think the perpetrator used a knife in the apprehension. I can come to no other conclusion that after the perpetrator confronted Holly and pleaded with her in some bizarre fashion in the carport, he became panicked or enraged and she was hustled through the edge of the woods, quickly loaded into a vehicle, and taken north along Swan Johnson Road. This vehicle is most likely to be a car with a trunk, and not a truck. The perpetrator is most likely to have been based out of a place north from the Bobo household, in the Bible Hill region. Holly may have been held prisoner for a time at a residence in the Bible Hill region. The lunch bag was tossed on the day of the crime, but Holly was not with the perpetrator when the lunch bag was tossed. The placement of the lunch bag was not arbitrary, rather a crude attempt to misdirect searchers or even to frame someone else. The cell phone (if it exists) was planted at a later time.

Something that has been in the back of my mind from day one. The perpetrator must have waited in the woods until he believed that only Holly was home. Yet, he would have observed only the mother and father leaving the home. If he knew enough to lie in wait, he would also know that the brother had not left yet. UNLESS, he believed that Holly's brother had left very early to hunt turkeys with Holly's boyfriend.

If a sleuth would reverse-engineer the slip-ups of the perpetrator (lunch bag placement, Holly's brother still at home, failure to leave the crime scene immediately), they might get a better understand about who this individual is. An example of reverse engineering in analyzing a case: police find a damning piece of evidence lying conspicuously in my back yard. They should ask me- "do you know anyone who is capable of committing this crime AND who knows you and where you live?" Or more relevantly- they could ask Holly's brother- "do you know any creepy person who might have been under the impression that you would be out hunting on the day of the crime?"

Keep on sleuthing!

Thank-you,Mr. Noatac. About a year ago when I began reading this thread ....your timeline was an enormous help in sorting through the terrifying events of that April morning. A salute to :websleuther: Mr. Noatac.

:eek:fftobed:

I completely agree with Mr. Noatak.Thus case is very solvable. The question remains why hasn't it been?

LE doesn't want the public involved. Why? I still say it would be rare and I have never heard of a case remain unsolved when LE arrive within x10min and they have an eye witness to the crime.

It appears no one is willing to confront the local LE about the case and how they are handling it, which IMO is beyond poor.

If the perp thought that Holly was alone, why hide the get-away car? They are out in the middle of no-where, FPS!

Mr Noatak, your summaries leads me to think it could have been the neighbor. That is one person that needs to be cleared. Of course, we will never know anything...

We can sit here for years and this LE/Pastor group is not going to talk. They haven't said anything since 4-16-11. When the father of Holly stuttered and told us the blood was Holly's, he was whisked away. Pretty darn clear to me, LE/pastors/spokespeople are running the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kittyl628