TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wfgodot, I can't remember where a victim was abducted because they were a pretty young woman, without sex being the primary motive. Am I misinterpreting your comment?
What do you think the motive for Holly's abduction was?
Read above, #433.

These are essentially guesses, the second post (#499) counter-intuitive, based on factors like hour of the day and the risk involved in a kidnapping from the victim's home. Taking Holly from her home may have been meant to deliver a particular message, or as a form of ultimate insult.

A thought occurred to me that if a/the perp was there with Holly for 20 minutes before taking her, more than likely, it was someone she knew and was arguing with. It would be a really bad perp that argued with Holly for 20 minutes about kidnapping her, a stranger who had planned this crime would most likely be in a hurry to nab her. IMO, this was a culmination of an ongoing conflict with someone.

The person responsible was in a tug-of-war with her over property (i.e. a cell phone) which lead to her following the person into the woods to retrieve it.

Alternatively, the perpetrator went to the home to take back property that was previously given to her. Maybe it was a family heirloom. Or maybe it was just to see her cell phone to see who she was communicating with.

I think the cell phone was in her bag. Even if she was mildly injured she may have had a tug-of-war to keep her bag and then reluctantly followed "whoever took it.

Or, after fighting with her in the garage he took her car keys. Then ( as with taking the cell phone) she HAD to follow him to get them back.

Her pink purse with a camera is still missing according to her dad.

A thought occurred to me that if a/the perp was there with Holly for 20 minutes before taking her, more than likely, it was someone she knew and was arguing with. It would be a really bad perp that argued with Holly for 20 minutes about kidnapping her, a stranger who had planned this crime would most likely be in a hurry to nab her. IMO, this was a culmination of an ongoing conflict with someone.

I visualize this was between someone that she had a prior relationship with and she was trying to talk her way out of the situation. There was a movie based on a true story (sorry I can't remember the name of it but seemed to be a girl kidnapped in Nebraska) where the girl was able to talk to her captor, gain his trust and escape. While this was with a stranger, it took her time to get his trust. In Holly's case I don't think it was a stranger but I do think she was trying to reason with someone that was jealous or humiliated and blamed Holly for it.

I don't think she was ever described as "following" him...everything else, but not that.

RE: It would be a really bad perp that argued with Holly for 20 minutes about kidnapping her, a stranger who had planned this crime would most likely be in a hurry to nab her

To me, nosyone, this is an indicator of an experienced predator. Clint, normally would not have been at home. Until Clint was awakened by rascal; Holly's dog. The perp prolly thought that Holly was the only one at home. He would not have been in any hurry and would first need to gain compliance of his victim. Imo, Holly would not have been a compliant victim, but would have courageously fought the perp.

The first thing most folks do when they wake up is turn the lights on. This would have alerted the perp that someone else(Clint) was at home...
Another indicator that the perp was experienced, is the way he casually walked into the woods with Holly, in compliance, knowing that he was likely being watched. A novice, or first timer would have hurriedly left the area, likely without the victim..This is an indicator of the predator's determination..

There are many many indicators that she had been stalked and abducted by an experienced sexual predator/sk; no stranger to the game/recidivist..

Predators/SKs leave residue/indicators. Many times the lack of evidence, forensics, etc., is a distinct indicator. These indicators/residue aren't obvious to even experienced investigators because they can't be seen, touched, heard, or smelled.. Occam's razor or deductive reasoning seldom works in these cases because psychopaths do not think like we do. Their thought pattern and reasoning is 180 degrees from ours. They are very creative, calculative, deflective, and manipulative, and will fool the best of the best..

In the Mickey Shunick, abduction, it was obvious to most perceptive folks on 05/19/2012, that she was abducted by a sexual predator/serial killer due to these identical indicators..

Then she "accompanied" him into the woods. It's a theory to explain why she would go with him if she was not "dragged."

Bec she HAD to get whatever he took back. Prob her phone, which could be in her bag.

Also, a tug-of-war over her bag would explain (1) why the witness said they appeared to be kneeling over something. Probably just hunched over, and (2) a minor cut or a wound resulting from the struggle - probably to her hands, arm, or face - and not debilitating enough to prevent her from walking.

Also, a tug-of-war over her bag would explain (1) why the witness said they appeared to be kneeling over something. Probably just hunched over, and (2) a minor cut or a wound resulting from the struggle - probably to her hands, arm, or face - and not debilitating enough to prevent her from walking.

I am thinking maybe bloody nose. Could the blood tests differentiate whether it was from a bloody nose or elsewhere on her body? Pretty sure I asked this a long time ago but forgot if I got an answer or not. Oh my, still at square 1.

i'm not convinced that she followed the perp into the woods because he grabbed her bag and she wanted it back. we have a report that there was a scream, so she was obviously afraid. we assume she knew her brother was home (would love clarification on that point - it changes everything if she thought he was out hunting) so it makes more sense that she would bolt for the front door and start screaming and banging on it. it makes more sense that she'd take off down the driveway screaming like a crazy person. pretty much everything makes more sense than going with the guy, unless he convinced her that was her only option. as smarter people than me have said, the most logical way for him to do that is to threaten her family or friends such that she thought something bad would happen if she tried to get away. who knows, he could have told her he had her mom in his car. he could have told her some personal information that made her believe he was capable of hurting her family. all that matters is that she followed him to the woods, and i just don't think it was because she was afraid of losing her wallet. just my 2 cents.

Or, after fighting with her in the garage he took her car keys. Then ( as with taking the cell phone) she HAD to follow him to get them back.

I don't know there... I have a spare set of keys inside. If someone accosted me in the driveway and threw my keys in the woods I wouldn't go walking off with him to get them back. None of these theories (to me) really make much sense.

Things are usually pretty simple. She was surprised, injured somehow. Probably threatened. Like many victims she became compliant and just walked off with the suspect.

Yes, I am fairly certain that a woman who was injured, resulting in blood loss, would not blithely follow the man who injured her into the woods, for any reason. The Pied Piper this guy was not.

I see it as a sex crime. I feel Holly was kidnapped, sexually assaulted, killed and then dumped somewhere. Sad but true. Its how all these crimes end so I see no reason that this one will not follow the pattern. That was my initial impression over a year ago and that has not changed one bit since then.

I agree with you that sex was probably involved, but I feel the primary motivation was revenge. IMO I think it was a violent crime meant to inflict a feeling of helplessness and terror on Holly out of hate and anger. Someone who was in a rage. Rape or sexual assault are certainly terrifying, even humiliating, but it just seems like there is more to it. I can't get in the mind of a perp, but it seems strange to me that someone would go to this length to rape a specific person without some other reason(s) being the motivation. There are easier targets for a rapist than seeing a woman, stalking her and observing from the woods when everyone left in the morning and sneaking into the carport. Maybe it's true, but I'm still leaning toward a hate vengeful crime for lack of a better description that I can think of.

I have said before something that no one seems to consider .I believe that someone that she goes to school with someone she would have also had classes with someone that new her schedule for that early morning test either because she told them she had it or beause they were also having the same schedule. I really think this was someone from her school maybe a friend maybe not a friend you don't nessecarily have to be a friend to say hello in college. It fits how they would know she would be up so early where she lived , knew about people hunting in the woods behind her house It's JMO but thats where this perp is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne