TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PS - In OJ's book "If I did it" he describes something to the effect that the killer went to his ex-wife's place "just to scare her."

Holly's case reminds me of that case. Of course without the additional victim, leaving the bodies, ridiculous car chase that interrupted and NBA Playoff game that my fav team was in! etc.

PPS - I am 100 % certain they know who it is. But this case is a potential federal death penalty case, thus they need to get all their ducks in a row.

(Of course the biggest duck would be the body). :(

Catching up on Vid clips I seen a older AMW where the brother shows how and in what direction the POI took holly and someone earlier said in a recent AMW that holly's boyfriend also shows how they went arm in arm I would like to see that vid to see how if the boyfriend's acount resembles the brothers. There is one video of the first amw episode its like 3 minutes long but kinda creepy. You allways think about killers watching the news and the case so they know what the LE is doing and this one video is of someone just video taping the tv and u just get the feeling like something the killer would be doing they make no sound and it shuts off the second holly's case ends kinda creepy.

Alternatively, the perpetrator went to the home to take back property that was previously given to her. Maybe it was a family heirloom. Or maybe it was just to see her cell phone to see who she was communicating with.

I think the cell phone was in her bag. Even if she was mildly injured she may have had a tug-of-war to keep her bag and then reluctantly followed "whoever took it.

I like your thinking, I had not considered this angle and haven't read this scenario before.

I would like to put forth a hypothetical.. IMO extremely similar circumstances are at play in this case.. To each their own whether they choose to believe there are similar circumstances at play here with Holly's disappearance/death..

As many know Small town, USA is not all Mt. Pilot/Mayberry in reality. Much different is that sadly there is a very deep, wide reaching criminal element in many small towns.. Most are known to be greatly tied familial wise and the criminal involvement and activities go back for generations..

There are criminal elements in small towns that have 2 main involvement drugs and murder.. Many involved in and out of prison their entire life's long for their involvement in these two criminal activities.. Sometimes those involvements branch out and connect with other small towns, as well with larger cities, and larger criminal elements..

Sometimes when particular individuals are incarcerated with long extended sentences for drugs/murder.. Sometimes those individuals become desperate and sometimes they begin to talk.. This can bring about investigations say by the TBI from what individuals have spoken about..

It is not always the case that all/any local people in these small towns that possibly by no nefarious means of their own doing could have knowledge of other local individuals involvement in these type of criminal activities that the TBI would be investigating.. TBI quickly becomes aware that the small town is in great fear of those that they are investigating.. The locals know that these criminals will and have killed for snitching or "crossing" them in some way.. They know this because of the fact that some of those individuals are serving long prison sentences for killing people who they felt were a threat or snitched on them..

Again I will reiterate in this small town environment an individual DOES NOT necessarily have to be involved with the criminal activity for some of them to unfortunately have knowledge of some of these criminal activities..

Agencies such a TBI are hard pressed to find ANYONE WILLING TO SPEAK WITH THEM ABOUT THE CRIMINAL ACTIVTIES OF WHICH THEY'RE INVESTIGATING.. They continue to press as well as to offer 100% confidentiality to whomever would be willing to speak with them about ANY OF THEIR KNOWLEDGE concerning these activities they are investigating..

Sadly TBI can have the best of intentions but in these type of environments confidentiality is very rare and hard to come by with the eyes and ears of generations of criminals..

Thereby anyone who agreed to in anyway cooperate with this type of investigation would likely be in fear of retribution..

Please recall specifically KAREN Bobo's initial reaction.. She fell out screaming hysterically.. She feared something was going to happen and the morning of April 13,2011 it did happen..

Again to each their own.. But if you really want to understand this case.. The who, the why, and make sense of that which appears to be so nonsensical.. This motive was NOT merely about stalking and lusting after a beautiful girl.. This has everything thing to do with revenge.. Retaliation.. And generations of criminal activity in SMALLTOWN, USA.. Jmo

Again to each their own.. But if you really want to understand this case.. The who, the why, and make sense of that which appears to be so nonsensical.. This motive was NOT merely about stalking and lusting after a beautiful girl.. This has everything thing to do with revenge.. Retaliation.. And generations of criminal activity in SMALLTOWN, USA.. Jmo

I am from a small town, different state, and totally understand and agree with your post!!!!

I am from a small town, different state, and totally understand and agree with your post!!!!

I, too, was from a small town and I can totally relate nosyone and SmoothOperator. A lot gets swept under the rug. People don't want to talk.
And, surprisingly as it may seem, evidently even a quarter of a million $ is not worth taking a risk on being their next victim. Let me a share a personal experience. My best friend and also neighbor had an older brother. I was always afraid of him. I would walk home alone and he would taunt me day after day. He was a bully. I shared this with my mom. She just said to ignore him as she was never one to make waves and it was important to her for everyone to get along and always worried about what others would think. Well, my intuition was right. He ended up abusing his wife, killing his neighbor, and buried him in his yard. He was convicted and is serving a life sentence. Even after all of this, my mom still didn't want to discuss it. Thinking back...very scary. Just glad I wasn't his 1st victim. I very well could have been.

Today, 02:25 PM

Kimster
WS Administrator

Clint stated she walked arm in arm with him? Am I missing something?

Chain of Hope 2012

Tricia's True Crime Radio

I KlaasKids!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-163428-p-2.html

cluciano63
04-20-2012, 09:33 PM
Watching AMW and caught the segment on Holly, longer than I expected...the only new thing I learned is that her hair could be back to her natural brown by now, she is not a natural blond.

Also he said that LE believes the person either knew Holly or stalked her, not random.

Her mom was on, saying how she does at least one thing a day to try to find Holly. They said she is athletic and a tomboy.

Carla Lashelle
04-20-2012, 09:56 PM
Well it was Clint speaking and reenacting how they were walking with some voice over by Walsh. Actually said it could be cousin or b/f

Carla Lashelle
04-20-2012, 10:05 PM
I think it was Walsh but not sure. Was very choppy with lots of editing. Holly and camo mav were said to be walking side by side, with holly on the left. The description implied they were holding hands or he had her hand, perhaps. The mans right hand was free and not holding anything.

Plumeria5
04-20-2012, 10:27 PM
I think it was Walsh but not sure. Was very choppy with lots of editing. Holly and camo mav were said to be walking side by side, with holly on the left. The description implied they were holding hands or he had her hand, perhaps. The mans right hand was free and not holding anything.

And I believe it was said that either the guy or both he and Holly had "bent arms".
If Holly's arms were truly bent that could mean her hands were zip-tied together in front of her. ??

liltexans
04-21-2012, 05:12 PM
There was no mention at all of Clint seeing them in the carport or kneeling down or anything. I saved the show on my DVR and just went back to watch it again. I transcribed the dialogue from the first part of the "reenactment" on the show.

John Walsh: "Early on the morning of April 13, 2011, Holly's brother Clint saw her walking into these woods with a man."

Clint: "I only saw 'em for just a, just a couple seconds, it seemed like."

Walsh: "He didn't think much of it. He thought the man was their cousin or perhaps Holly's boyfriend."

Clint: "He was on the right side of her and she was on this side and it seemed like they were walkin' with their elbows bent in this direction with their heads down. And his arm was free on this side" (Clinit swings right arm).

Walsh: "The man was in camouflage so he assumed they were just going hunting."

Couldn't find the link for AMW, Kimster, but the above quotes were from websleuthers who watched the Holly Bobo 04/20/2012 segment.

Where did the 'not a natural blond' come from?
The publishing that Holly could have had her hair colored or changed or cut in some way?

Just curious- because one need only look at younger pictures of Holly to see that she is, most likely, a natural blond. (?)

Hey, I found it!! Sorry about the picture but at least you can hear it! Was Holly featured twice on AMW because it also showed Karen walking on the property but I didn't see it in this video.

Holly Bobo AMW 4-20-2011 - YouTube

Investigators said it happened on Swan Johnson Road in Darden around 7:30 a.m. Her brother told police that a man wearing camouflage grabbed the young woman, dragged her across her carport and pulled her into some nearby woods.
http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14438754/authorities-20-year-old-woman-may-have-been-abducted
Bobo has been missing since Wednesday morning when her brother called 911 to report she had been dragged from the carport of her her home by a man wearing camouflage clothing
http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14445690/family-pleads-for-help-finding-missing-decatur-co-woman

Above are both direct quotes from the very first two articles about Hollys abduction.. I can without a doubt in my mind believe the above details are absolutely accurate as to what Clint witnessed that morning.. It was violent.. And exactly like Clint stated he knew that they'd not be getting Holly back anytime soon..

IMO Clint absolutely identified the abductor that morning.. IMO everyone of the 911 calls made by Karen identified the perp.. IMO due to the fact that Clint's truck was parked out back in the unattached garage with the door pulled down shut the perp was not even aware that Clint was home that morning..

Due the fact that literal hundreds of locals descended on the scene within minutes this fact of Clint witnessing the abduction was unable to be kept under wraps so they did the next best thing in ensuring that it was publicly released that CLINT COULD NOT IDENTIFY THE PERP..

I haven't a doubt in my mind that Holly's abduction was violent and imo when we are able to hear the true details, the evidence that will then be known publicly will confirm that her abduction was absolutely violent and that she was in fact drug from the carport..

Just as was initially stated in the very first articles accounting the events of that morning..
Jmo

Where did the 'not a natural blond' come from?
The publishing that Holly could have had her hair colored or changed or cut in some way?

Just curious- because one need only look at younger pictures of Holly to see that she is, most likely, a natural blond. (?)
It was stated in the most recent AMW episode.. Just as clu stated up thread in the quote this detail was one of the very few that was stated in the AMW episode.. As for her having blond "naturally" colored hair in younger photos.. I can attest that all blondes naturally become darker as they age.. Her having blond hair when young doesn't mean it was still naturally blond after puberty.. It's at that point that it would have naturally started to darken and therefor why many choose to start highlighting..

It is true and it was in fact pointed out specifically in the most recent AMW episode..

Hth:)

Plumeria to answer your question yes, Holly to m knowledge has been on AMW twice.. If I'm not mistake the one with the YouTube video you posted is from 2011 very shortly after sh went missing..

I wanted to further clarify my opinion above regarding Clint identifying the perp that morning.. IMO I believe a more accurate way to describe it would be that as an Eyewitness to seeing the perp that he could not distinguish for certain who the perp was by NOT having seen his face clearly.. But rather that he believed it to be a certain individual but cannot with 100% certainty state it was that person due to his only seeing the perp from behind as he drug Holly off..

I do believe that in the 911 calls Karen states who she believes it to be(refer to hypothetical in above post).. For those reasons they believe fully they know who it was that abducted Holly, but in terms of making a positive id as an Eyewitness that Clint technically could not due to the fact he did not see his actual face..

These issues combined with lack of evidence is why this case can't yet be resolved..

Hope that makes better sense...

It was stated in the most recent AMW episode.. Just as clu stated up thread in the quote this detail was one of the very few that was stated in the AMW episode.. As for her having blond "naturally" colored hair in younger photos.. I can attest that all blondes naturally become darker as they age.. Her having blond hair when young doesn't mean it was still naturally blond after puberty.. It's at that point that it would have naturally started to darken and therefor why many choose to start highlighting..

It is true and it was in fact pointed out specifically in the most recent AMW episode..

Hth:)

Plumeria to answer your question yes, Holly to m knowledge has been on AMW twice.. If I'm not mistake the one with the YouTube video you posted is from 2011 very shortly after sh went missing..

SmoothOperator, the video was of the 04/20/2012 episode #21 AMW..

I wanted to further clarify my opinion above regarding Clint identifying the perp that morning.. IMO I believe a more accurate way to describe it would be that as an Eyewitness to seeing the perp that he could not distinguish for certain who the perp was by NOT having seen his face clearly.. But rather that he believed it to be a certain individual but cannot with 100% certainty state it was that person due to his only seeing the perp from behind as he drug Holly off..

I do believe that in the 911 calls Karen states who she believes it to be(refer to hypothetical in above post).. For those reasons they believe fully they know who it was that abducted Holly, but in terms of making a positive id as an Eyewitness that Clint technically could not due to the fact he did not see his actual face..

These issues combined with lack of evidence is why this case can't yet be resolved..

Hope that makes better sense...

If a turkey hunter was wearing full camo, it would be impossible to identify them if you stared them straight in the face from only feet away..

Karen Bobo, may have had her suspicions when she dialled 911. but the person that she suspected has obviously been cleared over 16 months later, imo..

The dragged, and other descriptions by the MS Media was due to poor reporting and the less than professional media management strategy of the TBI. The TBI had three different spokespersons, with three different descriptions of the events of 04/13/2011..

Hey, I found it!! Sorry about the picture but at least you can hear it! Was Holly featured twice on AMW because it also showed Karen walking on the property but I didn't see it in this video.

Holly Bobo AMW 4-20-2011 - YouTube

Ya thats my bad sorry folks..I missunderstood an earlier post I thought clint was her bf .sorry bout that..but that video is the one i said was creepy the way u have to watch it through that persons eyes ..

Why does everyone think the mom thought she knew who the perp was that morning. ?

---
"We all think somebody is holding her somewhere," said Dana Bobo, Holly's father. "We don't have a clue where."
Smart speaks to supporters of missing Tenn. woman (San Francisco Chronicle)
---
"It is not impossible for Holly to come home," said Elizabeth Smart. "Never give up. I was just three miles from my family and I was found. Holly could have the very same ending."
---
"Sometimes I drive by a house and I think, 'Can Holly be in there?'" Karen Bobo said. "We're never giving up the hope that she's out there."
---
more at the link above

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members