TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The wheels in my head keep on turning..........

Is that a song? :lol:

Anyway, the mention of John Mehr in the most recent post prompted me to look him up. I couldn't remember who they named as a replacement. His name is Jack Van Hooser.....but that's not the reason for this post.

In looking at the article, I realised that John Mehr's assignments were predominantly drug related crimes and it made me go hmmmmmm. There have been some very good theories put here as a possible drug connection but I never really made a connection. Did Holly witness something? Perhaps Holly's disappearance is bigger than we imagine? Many more people are involved? Perhaps some that are not even on our radar?

Just a thought and perhaps one that needs much more attention than any of the other theories?

The career of John Mehr

1975 • John Mehr was hired and assigned to the drug division of the TBI office in Nashville.
1975-81 • He transferred to TBI offices in Tullahoma, Murfreesboro and Jackson.
1981 • He transferred out of the drug unit into field investigations in Dyersburg for six years.
1987 • Mehr was promoted to drug division supervisor for the West Tennessee region.
1991 • He was promoted to special agent in charge for the Jackson office, which included supervising field investigations and drug investigations.
2012 • After 37 years with the agency, Mehr retired from the TBI on Friday at age 60.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...ent-charge-Jackson-retires-after-37-years-TBI

BBM - I brought up that theory a long time ago - got booed out of the water. Nice to see someone else is peeking behind the veil.

Yes. Thank you and the latest and final information is that nobody is ruled out. I say final because I haven't seen anything after Mark Gwynn made that statement that excludes anyone in this case.

One has to wonder why there was such a turnaround 5 days later? They found items. Were those sent to the lab and something changed?
No need to answer. Just thinking out loud.

ETA: 4 days after the last statement, there was the Easter find and volunteer searches were "suspended". This is when we believe her cellphone was located.

~n/t~, imo, TBI Director Mark Gwyn's statement was simply to protect the integrity of the bureau; cya...imo. There were initially four different spokespersons from LE; Sheriff Wyatt/DCSO & three from the TBI; PIO Kristen Helms, SA John Mehrs, & finally Director Mark Gwyn. Each with a varied/different account of the events of 04/13/2011..

Media management by an investigative agency is a critical tool in missing person's investigations. Seems, this valuable tool was misplaced in the Holly Bobo abduction investigation..

The motto of the TBI is "that guilt shall not escape, nor innocence suffer"
Imo, neither goal can be reached unless all available investigative resources & tools are utilized.

I've followed a lot of missing person's cases and can't remember a family more determined and persistent to locate their loved one than the Holly Bobo Family.
Although we are coming up on the 18th month since her disappearance. I am very confident that this determined family, searchers, and volunteers will not rest until Holly Bobo is found, and her abductor brought to Justice...

Anyway, the mention of John Mehr in the most recent post prompted me to look him up. I couldn't remember who they named as a replacement. His name is Jack Van Hooser.....but that's not the reason for this post.

In looking at the article, I realised that John Mehr's assignments were predominantly drug related crimes and it made me go hmmmmmm. There have been some very good theories put here as a possible drug connection but I never really made a connection. Did Holly witness something? Perhaps Holly's disappearance is bigger than we imagine? Many more people are involved? Perhaps some that are not even on our radar?

Just a thought and perhaps one that needs much more attention than any of the other theories?

The career of John Mehr

1975 • John Mehr was hired and assigned to the drug division of the TBI office in Nashville.
1975-81 • He transferred to TBI offices in Tullahoma, Murfreesboro and Jackson.
1981 • He transferred out of the drug unit into field investigations in Dyersburg for six years.
1987 • Mehr was promoted to drug division supervisor for the West Tennessee region.
1991 • He was promoted to special agent in charge for the Jackson office, which included supervising field investigations and drug investigations.
2012 • After 37 years with the agency, Mehr retired from the TBI on Friday at age 60.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...ent-charge-Jackson-retires-after-37-years-TBI

RE: The wheels in my head keep on turning..........

Closest song title I could find, ~n/t~..lol

Supernatural Soundtrack Wheel in the sky keeps on turning - YouTube

~n/t~, imo, TBI Director Mark Gwyn's statement was simply to protect the integrity of the bureau; cya... There were initially four different spokespersons from LE; Sheriff Wyatt/DCSO & three from the TBI; PIO Kristen Helms, SA John Mehrs, & finally Director Mark Gwyn. Each with a varied/different account of the events of 04/13/2011..

Media management by an investigative agency is a critical tool in missing person's investigations. Seems, this valuable tool was misplaced in the Holly Bobo abduction investigation..

The motto of the TBI is "that guilt shall not escape, nor innocence suffer"
Imo, neither goal can be reached unless all available investigative resources & tools are utilized.

I've followed a lot of missing person's cases and can't remember a family more determined and persistent to locate their loved one than the Holly Bobo Family.
Although we are coming up on the 18th month since her disappearance. I am very confident that this determined family, searchers, and volunteers will not rest until Holly Bobo is found, and her abductor brought to Justice...

I never said they weren't .

I refuse to go into that debate again. It's been discussed ad nauseum over the last year and a half. People will form their own opinion. Who is in the right and who is in the wrong is a waste of time.

Let's get to the meat of this case and find Holly.

My hope is someone from the family and LE start giving updates on where they are with the investigation via a press conference. Yes, I'm still hoping.

All we know is Holly is still missing and she needs to be found.

BBM - I brought up that theory a long time ago - got booed out of the water. Nice to see someone else is peeking behind the veil.

Yes I know. Many have. It's a viable theory that needs to be explored further, imo.

The drug problem in Parsons is more than some of us believe or want to believe.

Where to begin will be a challenge.

Yes. Thank you and the latest and final information is that nobody is ruled out. I say final because I haven't seen anything after Mark Gwynn made that statement that excludes anyone in this case.

One has to wonder why there was such a turnaround 5 days later? They found items. Were those sent to the lab and something changed?

ETA: 4 days after the last statement, there was the Easter find and volunteer searches were "suspended". This is when we believe her cellphone was located.

my guess is the turnaround is for the same reason we always end up back at the same spot on here - you go round and round with what you know and get nowhere so then you start over again. in the first few days it was probably easy to eliminate certain people but once you realize you're no closer to finding her you un-eliminate everyone and start over again. just my 2 cents.

BBM and snipped respectfully by moi.
This. Exactly THIS.

If Clint never heard her scream, it is troubling. Where was she when she screamed? If she screamed when she was in the garage/carport then how did Clint not hear her, since he saw two "silhouettes kneeling down".

I bet many think this is when she screamed...but....

Just my 2 cents as I'm trying to catch up (good to see so much discussion over the weekend). I really don't understand the trouble with CB not hearing the screams. By all accounts he was sleeping. The screams were not at the same time as when he saw the 2 silhouettes. The difficulty I have is if one wants to disregard the facts as they've been related as to one subject, then any fact can be disregarded, but then it is nearly impossible to sleuth because there is literally no direction to look in because if some fact would refute that theory, that fact could simply be disregarded. JMHO

because the family's various re-tellings of what happened that morning don't make sense with each other (note - i'm not blaming them for anything, i'm just stating a fact). you can be an apologist for using words that aren't synonyms, like "dragged" vs "walked" but that's a stretch imo. the timelines don't match up, the story doesn't make any sense, and the retellings i've read and heard from the horse's mouth lack the rich detail you'd get from the average person retelling an important story.

it's the difference between "i went to the market this morning and purchased a bag of red delicious apples because they were on sale" and "i bought some fruit". none of them have given a publicly available run-down of that morning that wasn't mostly one word answers.

please note - i've said from the beginning that i don't think they have anything to do with this, however i do not think the story they are telling is the entire story. we know le asked them not to release info about the blood, we know le didn't want the public to know about the phone being found, and i firmly believe there is something else going on that they're not allowed to talk about.

possible theories - 1) as others have said, the family has a good idea who the perp is but he has an alibi, 2) there's an indication holly is alive but in danger, 3) cb saw more than he is allowed to say, or perhaps heard snippets of the conversation.

With all due respect Massotz, the family's re-tellings have been very consistent. I have never seen the family use the word dragged. LE yes, but not the family. To me, it's just semantics but for those that believe something sinister is afoot because "drug" is used one time, "led" another and "walked casually" another, I think a very simple explanation is that first, eyewitness accounts are not always the most reliable. They have to obviously be given credence but also with the understanding that some particulars will be off. Second, a very easy explanation for the confusion in the wording is it may have been coming from KB, who was not there and was in a panic and I wouldn't blame her one bit if she used the word "drug" or "dragged".

Regarding the timelines, personally I do think they all add up. The only thing that, while possible, makes me scratch my head, is the time the abductor would have been on the scene, although I'm not sure how exact the times are at this point. If someone asked me right now what time I left this morning for work, I would say 7:30, though if someone said the actual time was 7:37 or 7:24 I wouldn't dispute it. LE, having the 911 calls and phone records, would be able to verify times much better. Unfortunately, they haven't seen fit to release that info.

I do agree that the story came out in snippets, and not always in a chronological order. The 10/8 Jackson article is a fairly in depth account of what happened. Having said that, there are always going to be things that a person forgets to bring up or mention. It's just impossible to relate everything in one setting. I could depose anyone for 12 hours, trying to get every piece of information about an event, and sure as heck I will get in the car afterwards and go "dangit, I forgot to ask such and such" or the person questioned will get in there car and say "dangit, I forgot to mention such and such" While something sinister could be afoot, I did want to put my two cents in that more times than not, it is just the simple fact that it's human nature.

Ok, who wants to play a game with me? Alright, more of an experiment than a game, but anyways.

Post a theory of what might have happened that you have NEVER posted before. Think outside the box, don't use others, let's see where it goes.

Let's see if we can't get at least 25 different possibilities.

Not knowing what others have posted, I don't know if it's been said in response to your suggestion, but I don't think it's outside of the box, so I'll post 2 scenarios, one more outside of the box than the other.

SCENARIO 1: An RSO or someone who knows Holly, likely remotely, lies in wait at the tree line. Probably watches the house come to life. Watches the parents leave. All of the phone calls 7:30 and earlier give background but have nothing to do with the crime. The perp sees Holly exiting the house and believes he has the right opportunity. As he attacks Holly in or near the garage, he causes her to scream, bleed and double over. The neighbor and the dog her the scream. The neighbor tells his mom who calls KB, the dog wakes CB. CB looks around, sees the silhouttes, maybe hears voices, tries unsuccessfully to call KB. The rest pretty much mirrors the facts as we know them as to phone calls, LE response etc... The perp gets HB to a vehicle and is gone. Personally, I think he is discarding evidence while in the vehicle, whether his intention is to mislead LE or simply to get rid of items so they're not found on him. He probably did whatever he did to Holly in those first hours and left her somewhere within an hour or 2 of her residence.

SCENARIO 2: I have a difficult time coming up with something more outside of the box without biting into grand conspiracies. DS would not be involved because he was no where near the property and I am working on the assumption that LE verified this through his cell phone. CB would not be involved because it would be physically impossible for Holly's body to not be within 15 minutes of the house, and more likely within 5 minutes of the house. So I guess the most outside of the box my mind allows me to go is to substitute a random hunter on the Bobo's property who unknowingly stumbled upon Holly at the right time. I just think there are too many stars that would have had to have aligned just right (or wrong as the case may be) for it to just be a completely random event.

All just MHO.

Not sure I can do this without breaking TOS...but perhaps a boyfriend had a fear of losing her? He had a phone convo with her that morning and got upset and went over to talk but it got out of hand.

Don't think this is what happened but it could be a possibility.

I hear what you're saying, but I would imagine his whereabouts can be determined by his phone, the witnesses at Grandma's and his work. Unless we are talking someone else.

~n/t~, impossible to know how many people were turkey hunting in TN on 04/13/2011, or what state they were from..

True, but what I would be curious to know how many remotely related to Holly claim to have been. How many gave that as an alibi and how many of those alibis were able to be verified by LE?

Oye, I could have sworn they were. Thought the "nobody cleared" thing was old. So he is a suspect?

One of the things it seemed to me that people got hung up on early on was the semantics. Officially, I don't think LE has "cleared" anyone. At the same time, no one is a "suspect". Personally, I think LE's refusal to say publicly that anyone is "cleared" has more to do with their playing everything close to the vest as opposed to meaning they believe that person is suspect. I can't say it enough, saying someone is not "cleared" is not the same as saying they are "suspect". I still think it is physically impossible for CB or DS to be actively involved in Holly's disappearance and I would be shocked if LE is looking at them in any way beyond witnesses.

Good points but - and based on TBI's bungling early on (and later, too, perhaps, and midway through) - it's just as likely to have been a senior agent being aghast that, barely two days into the investigation, the lead investigator had the temerity to rule two of the people closest to Holly out as suspects entirely.

I think it's possible that the discrepancies between 'no one cleared vs no suspects' might be explained by phone records. If LE has cleared people using phone records- which I would imagine they have- then perhaps they haven't been able to clear people who did not have cell or landline phones on them at the time?

So..who didn't have access to a phone during the time Holly went missing?

Just a thought for the out of the box thing.

Theory: The perp is well known by a person who is close to Holly. This perp has been obsessing about Holly for some time at arm’s length. He’s right under everyone’s nose. He has been able to obtain information about the Bobo family (specifically, Holly) through a person who is close to Holly. Motive: Control/sexual desire/envy.

I agree with everyone who has stated that LE has their eye on a particular suspect, but cannot prove their suspicions due to an alibi and/or lack of evidence. We could have our eyes on this same suspect if (1) the 911 calls were released; and (2) if we knew whether Clint actually heard a conversation and what was said between Holly and the perp in the carport (we’ve only been told Clint heard “voices”). Apparently, Clint was eavesdropping. IMO there is a reason why Clint did not think anything was wrong when he witnessed the abduction of Holly. The perp’s behavior with Holly (and versa vice) seemed to Clint that they were familiar with one another and that’s why he assumed it was her boyfriend. If the perp was some rogue RSO, I believe Clint would have reacted differently to the situation.

Dana Bobo's theory (on 15 April 2011):
Bobo's father said Thursday that he believed the man may have been someone who knew the young nursing student and knew the family's routines.

"It might have been somebody close, somebody that kind of knew our routine and when I left and when she left [his wife] and when my daughter left to go to school, is what I got in my mind," said Dana Bobo. "But I don't know what for sure."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/holly-bobo-attacker-woods-fear-life/story?id=13381683#.UGCjwI2PXFk

Theory: The perp is well known by a person who is close to Holly. This perp has been obsessing about Holly for some time at arm’s length. He’s right under everyone’s nose. He has been able to obtain information about the Bobo family (specifically, Holly) through a person who is close to Holly. Motive: Control/sexual desire/envy.

I agree with everyone who has stated that LE has their eye on a particular suspect, but cannot prove their suspicions due to an alibi and/or lack of evidence. We could have our eyes on this same suspect if (1) the 911 calls were released; and (2) if we knew whether Clint actually heard a conversation and what was said between Holly and the perp in the carport (we’ve only been told Clint heard “voices”). Apparently, Clint was eavesdropping. IMO there is a reason why Clint did not think anything was wrong when he witnessed the abduction of Holly. The perp’s behavior with Holly (and versa vice) seemed to Clint that they were familiar with one another and that’s why he assumed it was her boyfriend. If the perp was some rogue RSO, I believe Clint would have reacted differently to the situation.

I really like your theory and fits with some of the other theories!

It appears most of us agree that the perp was/is close to the family directly or indirectly. In other words, someone who may have known mom, dad or bro or all. The perp may have even visited the Bobo home at one time or other and known their routines (including where the outside dog is/was). ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth