TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
since we're going outside of the box a bit, maybe one of you can help me with this -

this case has always reminded me of a case i saw on disappeared or vanished or 20/20 or one of those type shows. there was a teenage girl who was abducted either from her home or right near her home and was missing for eight months or so. the kidnapper was an avid hunter and had a hidden underground bunker that was only a mile or two from her house out in the woods. he kept her alive and she eventually escaped by pretending to fall in love with him so he'd lower his guard. he kept her in the bunker the entire time and i remember her saying she could hear searchers calling for her. the searchers/le said that they probably walked on top of the bunker several times during the search but never noticed anything amiss. i'd love it if someone knows what i'm talking about because i'd like to review that case to see if there are other similarities (not that i think it's the same perp, but rather possibly a similar mo).

Based on pics posted on social media, three out of four of her past/present boyfriends were avid hunters.

Based on the World's Largest Coon Hunt's website, which is held in Parsons, TN: 100% of the members are hunters.. LOL..
Most folks who live in rural TN are hunters, EnBrown...

since we're going outside of the box a bit, maybe one of you can help me with this -

this case has always reminded me of a case i saw on disappeared or vanished or 20/20 or one of those type shows. there was a teenage girl who was abducted either from her home or right near her home and was missing for eight months or so. the kidnapper was an avid hunter and had a hidden underground bunker that was only a mile or two from her house out in the woods. he kept her alive and she eventually escaped by pretending to fall in love with him so he'd lower his guard. he kept her in the bunker the entire time and i remember her saying she could hear searchers calling for her. the searchers/le said that they probably walked on top of the bunker several times during the search but never noticed anything amiss. i'd love it if someone knows what i'm talking about because i'd like to review that case to see if there are other similarities (not that i think it's the same perp, but rather possibly a similar mo).

Elizabeth Shoaf. She was 14 years old.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23522127/ns/dateline_nbc-crime_reports/

Based on the World's Largest Coon Hunt's website, which is held in Parsons, TN: 100% of the members are hunters.. LOL..
Most folks who live in rural TN are hunters, EnBrown...

How many were hunting on Wednesday, April 13, 2011? How easy or difficult is it to get that information? Parsons only.

Wow! Great to know all this new information! But... WHY DIDN'T THEY RELEASE THIS 17 MONTHS AGO???:banghead:

How many were hunting on Wednesday, April 13, 2011? How easy or difficult is it to get that information? Parsons only.

~n/t~, impossible to know how many people were turkey hunting in TN on 04/13/2011, or what state they were from..

Wow! Great to know all this new information! But... WHY DIDN'T THEY RELEASE THIS 17 MONTHS AGO???:banghead:

Never quoted myself before but how about more descriptions. A pink Girlie Girl t-shirt. All the ones I see have some pretty specific designs on them. What was on hers? Was it a Guess black patent wallet? They have square clasps. Pictures of the clothing, etc would have been helpful. Again, in the Sierra Lamar case, the Juicy bag was key.

Yep, seems very logical for a boyfriend to get dressed in full camo and go have a discussion with his girlfriend....

Boyfriend was already dressed in full camo and was out to hunt that morning
so heck yea Drew should not be ruled out...

Another thing!

Mom said she closed the door to Clints room that morning as to not wake him.

Now the open door says to me he was already up and out of the house.

MOM never said she saw him.

A poll would be interesting without naming names.

Example:

Do you believe Holly was abducted by:

1) A stranger (including a registered sex offender)

2) A stranger sex offender not registered

3) Someone known to her

4) Other (explain)
Someone known to her. That a stranger emerged from the Darden woods that April morning and kidnapped her beggars belief.

This case remind's me of the book/movie; Lovely Bones.. Mother of Morgan Harrington; Gil Harrington, mentioned the book/movie lovely bones during an interview on good morning america.

Hasn't the brother been cleared?
And given the time line of the neighbors hearing the scream, the calls (which there are records of) and then when the police showed up, exactly how would the brother do it? Ok, NM, rhetorical question, the math just doesn't add up there, NEVERMIND the fact that he has been cleared by LE and should be off limits.

Oye, I could have sworn they were. Thought the "nobody cleared" thing was old. So he is a suspect?

Bumping.

Well... here's the way its going to be...

We are NOT going to discuss Clint or the family as suspects. We are not going to bash this family. They will not be discussed as POI's or suspects.

You can discuss what they say and what they've said but you are not going to speculate on why its different in your opinion or why they even said it this way one time and that way another.

Last warning, you all know what can and can't be discussed here. You all know what's meant by 'we are a victim friendly site' you all know who that is. Rumors will not be allowed!

If needed time outs will be given.

Ima

Now we have clint there watching all this and by clints words we possibly have DREW there also.
Now me personally I think Drew was there!
The one consistant thing Clint has said was He thought it was her BF drew.

Oye, I could have sworn they were. Thought the "nobody cleared" thing was old. So he is a suspect?
The "nobody cleared" thing came after the "bf and bro cleared" one. Might be viewed as another attempt to throw Clint back under the bus.

This one matches up with my outside-the-box "rogue spokespastors" guess.

"Rogue spokespastor" just made me laugh!

Makes me think of the old Star Search program with Ed McMahon - they had a category of 'spokesmodel' - and my mind took me to some kind of twisted realty show. (My husband is a pastor - so it's seriously cracking me up right now, after church.)

"Rogue spokespastor" just made me laugh!

Makes me think of the old Star Search program with Ed McMahon - they had a category of 'spokesmodel' - and my mind took me to some kind of twisted realty show. (My husband is a pastor - so it's seriously cracking me up right now, after church.)
There actually was a bit of a brouhaha - these tempests in teapots happen when LE releases few facts - early on, when Pastor Don Franks (Holly's pastor, albeit not the family spokespastor - that would be Kevin Bromley) released a cover note over a Bobo family fax to the press. Isabelle Zehnder at examiner.com, in a not-bad little compilation article (although daubed with more than a fleck of 19th c. melodrama) describes the note thusly (under the breathless subhead "A family and pastor unjustly condemned online"):
Holly’s pastor, Don Franks, wrote a note attached to a fax from Holly’s family that read: “No child is safe until we find Holly Bobo and the thousands of missing children in America. Bring them home to their families and bring their kidnappers to justice.”

Pastor Franks’ handwritten note, as well as a handwritten statement from the Bobo family, were scanned and shared online.

As a result, Pastor Franks was wrongly, with no evidence of any wrongdoing on his part, attacked online with accusations made that he may have been involved in her disappearance.
http://www.examiner.com/article/holly-bobo-abduction-3-week-wrap-up-we-re-not-giving-up-on-holly

So perhaps it might be more rightly said that one far-outside-the-box theory involves rogues in the Parsons/Darden pastoral community, and not "rogue spokespastors" per se. Though the second is funnier.

Now we have clint there watching all this and by clints words we possibly have DREW there also.

Now me personally I think Drew was there!
The one consistant thing Clint has said was He thought it was her BF drew.

Eileen730, Another theory is: everyone overlooks the man/cousin that threw Drew and D.'s Dad off Grandmothers property.

I haven't heard IF this person had the property Leased for Hunting or if he was looking after it for his mother/relative?

I know from experience poaching/hunting on someone's Leased properties can get very nasty. Some Hunters look at this as trespassing and stealing from the Leasee and property owner....also no one can deny there's a huge Liability involved.

I have often wondered if there wasn't a very heated argument between Holly and this 'person' early that morning and it possibly continued to her backdoor. ...jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member