TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, who wants to play a game with me? Alright, more of an experiment than a game, but anyways.

Post a theory of what might have happened that you have NEVER posted before. Think outside the box, don't use others, let's see where it goes.

Let's see if we can't get at least 25 different possibilities.

Not sure I can do this without breaking TOS...but perhaps a boyfriend had a fear of losing her? He had a phone convo with her that morning and got upset and went over to talk but it got out of hand.

Don't think this is what happened but it could be a possibility.

Ok, who wants to play a game with me? Alright, more of an experiment than a game, but anyways.

Post a theory of what might have happened that you have NEVER posted before. Think outside the box, don't use others, let's see where it goes.

Perhaps Holly had information that got her in trouble. Maybe a drug deal she had witnessed? Maybe this abduction was payback time..or an attempt to silence her from telling what she had seen.

Someone that was in town for work or visiting family for a short duration of time whom caught sight of her during a lunch break perhaps and keyed in on her.

Mmmm....a girlfriend got jealous because her beau had the hots for Holly. So the friend dared him to go over and get rid of her. He could have her but then he had to kill her.

Now that's outside the box!

Holly planned the whole event....she wanted to run away with someone new that she had met at school. She knew this set up was the best way to "run away" and still save face.

Once again...not very likely. But its a theory.

Well, I shot several rounds tonight but, alas, the chamber is empty. Perhaps I will reload tomorrow.....

Rogue LE. Basically a branch of shefner's "Holly knew too much" theory at #951 above. So.....Holly knew too much about nefarious activities involving LE. And rogue LE were the prime movers. And that's why the case has not been solved.

At least I can't remember this being discussed before, though it well could have been. (I'd give this about a 3 on a Practicality Scale of 1-10, with a 1 being "no way in God's green earth that that could have happened.")

Clint is the perp. Not sure how 'outside the box' it is , but it's either that or alien abduction.

Not sure I can do this without breaking TOS...but perhaps a boyfriend had a fear of losing her? He had a phone convo with her that morning and got upset and went over to talk but it got out of hand.

Don't think this is what happened but it could be a possibility.

Yep, seems very logical for a boyfriend to get dressed in full camo and go have a discussion with his girlfriend....

Ok... here goes! One of Holly's girlfriend's boyfriend was cheating on her.
Holly saw him with another girl and told her girlfriend. The boyfriend had a terrible temper and settled the score.

You said outside the box...:truce:

P.S. The girlfriend broke up with him.

Here is another scenario. Someone was really mad at Dana or Clint. In an act of revenge they abducted Holly. It is hard to say the rest...that she was "murdered" because like the rest of you I want this to end on a happy note like Elizabeth Smart.

SBM...Forgive me, it's a Friday and I'm a bit slow. I'm having a hard time following exactly what red flag is thrown up by the phone calls clarifying if DS and his dad could hunt Grandma's property?

Ok... here goes! One of Holly's girlfriend's boyfriend was cheating on her.
Holly saw him with another girl and told her girlfriend. The boyfriend had a terrible temper and settled the score.

You said outside the box...:truce:

P.S. The girlfriend broke up with him.
LOL, I did, and I meant it. Here's how I see it... We've got tons of "reasonable" theories (and some maybe not so much, lol) and none of them have panned out to be correct so far, so maybe we need to go all crazy and come up with new ones. Maybe somehow it'll suddenly make sense and give us something. So often we get caught in either a loop because we're just positive we know what happened or we are rational beings trying to think like the irrational and it just isn't happening. I figure what do we have to lose?

"In 80 percent of abductions by strangers, the first contact between the child and the abductor occurs within a quarter mile of the child's home."
http://www.parents.com/kids/safety/stranger-safety/child-abduction-facts/

Not sure how that translates in the case of living in the boonies and this refers to children so Holly wouldn't fit that profile as she was over 18. Still I thought the quarter of a mile thing was quite scary.

My original "crazy theory" - which I think was proposed by someone early on - was the "accidental death and subsequent cover-up" supposition which, I thought, might account for some of Clint's statements seeming a bit, um, confusing. As far as we know there is no physical evidence of a camo-clad madman being on the scene at all - except for Clint's account(s).

But I've become quite the apologist for Clint as time has passed. Confused "drug"/led into woods statement? Hopelessly muddled by TBI, which should have gotten a clear, correct account before ever undertaking its first press release. They threw poor Clint under the bus, in effect blaming him for their own error.

And Clint had just woken up when this thing occurred; some people just do not wake up immediately and his reaction time - the time he had to react to whatever the heck was taking place - perhaps was irrevocably slower than we wish it had been (and I'm sure he wishes it had been). I've never understood - particularly - the indictments people have made of Clint.

But I will add the "accidental death/subsequent coverup which spiraled out of control" outside-the-box bit of business.

(Kudos to Plumeria5's "someone was really mad at Dana...." addition. Disgruntled employee or former employee, perhaps??)

If both were kneeling on the garage floor, this was somebody that cared about her in some way.

I insisted that the guy who took Elizabeth cared for her also. I said that he spent time with her and let her go and get her shoes.

LOL, I did, and I meant it. Here's how I see it... We've got tons of "reasonable" theories (and some maybe not so much, lol) and none of them have panned out to be correct so far, so maybe we need to go all crazy and come up with new ones. Maybe somehow it'll suddenly make sense and give us something. So often we get caught in either a loop because we're just positive we know what happened or we are rational beings trying to think like the irrational and it just isn't happening. I figure what do we have to lose?

This case would be easier to solve if their was no eye witness to the abduction. The last five minutes of her life would be closely examined. Drew may have been the last to talk with her. The neighbor heard the scream and went to work, didn't even check on her. Clint saw somebody take her.

Any LE investigating this case would have to hook up these three to a poly. If they all pass, they would look at the RSO list. If that is eliminated, they would have to go to her friends and other relatives. By this time, they have an idea. If they believe a crazed psychopath is on the loose, they should be giving up more information. They haven't.

I suspect there are people there that don't want to take a poly and this has brought the investigation to a stop.

Maybe some preacher was burning with passion, went rogue and kidnapped her because the Lord told him to - together maybe they could start a whole new "holy" land.

:cow:

My original "crazy theory" - which I think was proposed by someone early on - was the "accidental death and subsequent cover-up" supposition which, I thought, might account for some of Clint's statements seeming a bit, um, confusing. As far as we know there is no physical evidence of a camo-clad madman being on the scene at all - except for Clint's account(s).

But I've become quite the apologist for Clint as time has passed. Confused "drug"/led into woods statement? Hopelessly muddled by TBI, which should have gotten a clear, correct account before ever undertaking its first press release. They threw poor Clint under the bus, in effect blaming him for their own error.
<snipped for space>

You can add my name to your above statement ....because even if Clint's language syntax is awkward ...I feel TBI did him an errormous disservice by not clarifying his verbiage before giving out their official press release.
JMO

Nashville church group joins search for Holly Bobo

Several dozen parishioners gathered in pre-dawn darkness in front of their church, awaiting instructions from the pastor, who told them the missing girl’s parents would be there.

“Just so you know, they are convinced that Holly’s still alive,” said Dale Robble, senior pastor at Highland Park Church. “If you meet them, that’s the terminology you should understand.”

Each member brought along a stick, pole or rake and a list of the items that Bobo was wearing or carrying at the time of her disappearance – a pink Girlie Girl brand top; Hydraulic jeans; Old Navy solid black flip flops; a faded pink purse; a black patent leather wallet with square clasp on top; white gold hoop earrings; and a belly button ring with a pink/orange ball.

And, the father finds some comfort in the fact that searchers found nothing.

“Since the earliest stuff was found, we haven’t found one more piece to let us know she’s not alive,” he said. “We all think she’s still alive, and we’re gonna find her.”

http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...up-joins-search-for-Holly-Bobo?nclick_check=1

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...nclick_check=1
Each member brought along a stick, pole or rake and a list of the items that Bobo was wearing or carrying at the time of her disappearance &#8211; a pink Girlie Girl brand top; Hydraulic jeans; Old Navy solid black flip flops; a faded pink purse; a black patent leather wallet with square clasp on top; white gold hoop earrings; and a belly button ring with a pink/orange ball.

Many of the above BBM personal items of Holly Bobo, were not shared with the original searchers or the American public via the MS Media by LE/TBI until over seventeen months after her abduction.

Imo, the holding back of this vital information by investigators is very damning... If any of these items were pawned, given as a gift, or observed by others. These folks would not know that they were the important missing pieces/chars for mending the shattered crystal vase...

Folks wouldn't know that they were supposed to come forward . This is referred too as the shattered crystal vase theory...Although someone possessed info/broken vase char. They didn't know that it may be the missing char that was needed to mend the shattered vase..
'Awareness is the key in missing persons investigations'..

* Below is an analogy shared by Janice Smolinski; a Mother of a missing/murder victim; Billy Smolinski(CT).
Her shattered crystal vase analogy is to stress the importance of communication/awareness among investigative agencies.

Imo, sharing info with the public via the MS Media is also very critical to overcome jurisdictional linkage blindness in missing/murdered person's investigations.

http://waterburyobserver.org/node/402

Shattered Crystal Vase Theory

When serious leads aren't followed up by law enforcement, Bill and Jan Smolinski scour the woods for the remains of their missing son Billy, who was murdered in August 2004.

Story and Photographs By John Murray

Picture the murder of Billy Smolinski as a crystal vase. Hold it in your hands. Spin it around. Now drop it on the kitchen floor and watch it shatter into a thousand pieces. Each shard of glass represents a clue into who killed Billy on August 24th, 2004. When patched together the vase reveals the gruesome truth of who murdered Billy, and why. The vase points to the spot Billy is buried in the Naugatuck Valley.

In the best of circumstances it would take a master craftsman to cobble that broken vase back together, but what if the glass is left on the floor for weeks, for months, for seven years?

Glass gets kicked around into the living room, the dining room and gets jammed into the rubber soles of your shoes and is transported into the yard, into town, and across state borders.

You send investigators into each room to collect glass, but shockingly they refuse to share what they gather with the other investigators. With ego and selfishness erupting all around you, what are the chances of ever getting that vase glued back together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member