TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM: with all due respect to the AMW show and all of the positives they have brought to finding missing persons in this country, that episode was absolutely rife with inaccuracies.

And second BBM: and he's a really nice guy, to boot. :)

Oriah, what specific inaccuracies did you observe in the Holly Bobo episode? Guess, if there is any word that describes the Holly Bobo investigation, imo, it would be; inaccuracies.
Imo, the Holly Bobo episode by AMW brought more info to light and actually corrected a few of the past reported inaccuracies.

America's Most Wanted starring John Walsh has a proven track-record of ratings success and a dedicated audience. It the longest-running series of its kind and has led to 60 missing persons being located and the capture of over 1200 fugitives.

After the kidnapping and murder of his son Adam, John Walsh successfully advocated Congress for the creation of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, proving the show's message "you can make a difference."

John Walsh has given hope to many parents and loved ones of victims around the world. .

8 year old April Tinsley abduction/murder
http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/americas-most-wanted/video/

Whisp: Why on the Walsh AMW show was Drew changed to a cousin? There should have been some editing done. I wish I had seen the show.

Clint said he had thought it was (paraphrasing here,) "her cousin, or boyfriend."

Her boyfriend, DS, however, does not fit the description given, so perhaps it was just a thought he had in mind, before he (must have,) at some point later in time, realized that DS is not that tall. In other words, perhaps here he is relating his thoughts at the time.

Next search is Sept 8 & 9, if anyone would like to help with the search.
Starts each day at 7 am till 1 pm.

It seems that someone asked about a photo and a location that I had posted here. That would have been the location where the "lunch purse" was found.

I am very impressed with this SAR team's Director of Operations. He is an excellent teacher, and a natural born leader.

BBM: with all due respect to the AMW show and all of the positives they have brought to finding missing persons in this country, that episode was absolutely rife with inaccuracies.
And second BBM: and he's a really nice guy, to boot. :)

BBM and JMO but I believe changing to cousin would relieve possible liability of suggesting Holly's boyfriend might of been the perpetrator in the case. Even the words "Holly's boyfriend" could only be Drew. There are probably lots of cousins to shoulder the suggestion, especially if you get into 2nd and later cousins. Another is just to keep Drews name from being broadcast nationwide and then being talked about even more on websites so that the rest of his life if his name is searched for a job, security clearance or for any reason, it would appear connected to this case. And if we've all kept of with internet trends those kind of searches do happen now days.

All and all, and I know it's a point of contention here, but I'm going to say it anyway. Since it is very obvious Drew had nothing to do with this, yet the cat was out of the bag that Clint actually did see someone, that's the reason I believe it was changed to cousin. Changing it helped protect Clint and Drew. The perpetrator(s) did not know Clint was home, then they must of wondered if he saw them fully or just a glimpse, they are local and not to be messed with. Thats why there was initially 24 hr police protection and thats why there are conflicting stories about what happened that morning. Perps thought no one was home, it was leaked Clint saw someone and a story had to quickly made up to cover that so perps didn't think he got a good look at them. Therefore it was Drew, a turkey and Holly would of followed him into the woods willingly. Puddle of blood from a turkey. Clint had to be protected from perps that didn't know he was home, much less that he really saw him or them.

Reason for abduction I'm not gonna say. It was brought up very early in this case and it has slowly fell into place for me. Now this may never be solved, but I'm gonna ask that everyone bookmark or save this post. This is close to what happened and what's going on. "We don't know the whole story", "Things are not as they appear", "It's time the truth came out about what happened". All paraphrased. It was not a sexual assault nor a random abduction or stalker. Straight up revenge, but not from a broken heart.

/And before I get accused of reading too much topix(you know who you are):)No, it didn't come from there or any other site, just pieced together over time and I'd lay a small wager on it. And it is JMO also that at this point I can't see how anything else can fit unless it was similar to as I described. And it fits very well if you are aware of some of Holly's activities just prior to her abduction. ouldAnd yes for all those who have speculated about a camera it very well cpuld of been an item of interest for the perps.No msm link, so I can't say it why her activites and camera played a part, but many locals have and it definifely fits the crime. You can all label me a quack now or a dumb azz. It won't bother me because this is what I truly believe is going on and though there may be a little more to it, I believe this is whats happening and we've been on the wrong track for quiet a while now.

/Doubt this is worded correctly and is probably full of typos. Not much sleep and not enough coffee yet.

Did DS also work at Food Lion or a different grocery store?

I hope LE has checked into EVERY hunting license application in the state and cross checked with hunters living in that area.

Happy LD!

In the photos of the event with Elizabeth Smart, I couldn't help but notice one LEO (I believe he is a Sherriff ??) Does anyone know who he is? This in no way is meant to sleuth him. I was just curious if he was local or with TBI.

As you all know by now, I'm Canadian so perhaps one of you can confirm that for me based on the badge and his uniform.

Just curious if there is another Sheriff perhaps working the case (??) Is Sherriff Wyatt still around?

Doesn't look like a sheriff to me, but TN could be different. Just going by what I am familiar with, but while deputies in the SD here wear tan and brown, when the Sheriff makes a public appearance he wears a white shirt and dark pants. He also has a lot of stripes and insignia on his uniform. This guy looks more like an Eagle Scout to me, but IDK what other LE they employ in that state. In TX, I can recognize the uniform of just about every LE agency in the state, but not other states. If he is LE, he does not look to be someone in authoriy, too rumpled looking, doesn't have that starched and well put together look. But that's JMO.

AFAIK, there is only one Sheriff in charge of the case, there could be other agencies, but the SD from another county would not be involved with the case unless they were just assisting with searches or with relaying information.

Doesn't look like a sheriff to me, but TN could be different. Just going by what I am familiar with, but while deputies in the SD here wear tan and brown, when the Sheriff makes a public appearance he wears a white shirt and dark pants. He also has a lot of stripes and insignia on his uniform. This guy looks more like an Eagle Scout to me, but IDK what other LE they employ in that state. In TX, I can recognize the uniform of just about every LE agency in the state, but not other states. If he is LE, he does not look to be someone in authoriy, too rumpled looking, doesn't have that starched and well put together look. But that's JMO.

AFAIK, there is only one Sheriff in charge of the case, there could be other agencies, but the SD from another county would not be involved with the case unless they were just assisting with searches or with relaying information.

TxLady2, he is either TBI, THP, or DCSO. His uniform has a Tennessee State Map Emblem. I tried to read his name tag but the more I enlarged, the more fuzzy it became.

Elizabeth Smart also spoke in Nashville. My hunch would be THP for security reasons.. Just a guess, though.

Could you imagine if Elizabeth Smart, or any one else came up missing while she was visiting TN? The political ramifications would have been devastating...

BBM and JMO but I believe changing to cousin would relieve possible liability of suggesting Holly's boyfriend might of been the perpetrator in the case. Even the words "Holly's boyfriend" could only be Drew. There are probably lots of cousins to shoulder the suggestion, especially if you get into 2nd and later cousins. Another is just to keep Drews name from being broadcast nationwide and then being talked about even more on websites so that the rest of his life if his name is searched for a job, security clearance or for any reason, it would appear connected to this case. And if we've all kept of with internet trends those kind of searches do happen now days.

All and all, and I know it's a point of contention here, but I'm going to say it anyway. Since it is very obvious Drew had nothing to do with this, yet the cat was out of the bag that Clint actually did see someone, that's the reason I believe it was changed to cousin. Changing it helped protect Clint and Drew. The perpetrator(s) did not know Clint was home, then they must of wondered if he saw them fully or just a glimpse, they are local and not to be messed with. Thats why there was initially 24 hr police protection and thats why there are conflicting stories about what happened that morning. Perps thought no one was home, it was leaked Clint saw someone and a story had to quickly made up to cover that so perps didn't think he got a good look at them. Therefore it was Drew, a turkey and Holly would of followed him into the woods willingly. Puddle of blood from a turkey. Clint had to be protected from perps that didn't know he was home, much less that he really saw him or them.

Reason for abduction I'm not gonna say. It was brought up very early in this case and it has slowly fell into place for me. Now this may never be solved, but I'm gonna ask that everyone bookmark or save this post. This is close to what happened and what's going on. "We don't know the whole story", "Things are not as they appear", "It's time the truth came out about what happened". All paraphrased. It was not a sexual assault nor a random abduction or stalker. Straight up revenge, but not from a broken heart.

/And before I get accused of reading too much topix(you know who you are):)No, it didn't come from there or any other site, just pieced together over time and I'd lay a small wager on it. And it is JMO also that at this point I can't see how anything else can fit unless it was similar to as I described. And it fits very well if you are aware of some of Holly's activities just prior to her abduction. ouldAnd yes for all those who have speculated about a camera it very well cpuld of been an item of interest for the perps.No msm link, so I can't say it why her activites and camera played a part, but many locals have and it definifely fits the crime. You can all label me a quack now or a dumb azz. It won't bother me because this is what I truly believe is going on and though there may be a little more to it, I believe this is whats happening and we've been on the wrong track for quiet a while now.

/Doubt this is worded correctly and is probably full of typos. Not much sleep and not enough coffee yet.

I read those other threads, too. <modsnip>? Does your theory have to do with a male cousin?

:)

Respectfully snipped by me. Just wondering- revenge against (just) Holly or revenge against her family?

I don't know if some of you followed Melissa Duran's case but thankfully she was found unharmed with the amazing work by LE officers. I realize not all cases are alike but this is one angle that should also be explored in Holly's case, imo. No ransom demands were made in Holly's case as far as we know but can this be another case of "revenge". If I`m not mistaken Holly`s dad owns a logging company (??)

http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/168300346.html

Just throwing out a possible theory in hopes that LE have looked at coworkers, employees, ex employeees, etc.

Thanks for the reply. The badge is what led me to assume he was a Sheriff. Anyway, just wondered if Sheriff Wyatt was still involved with the case or if they got a new Sheriff. I didn`t see Sheriff Wyatt in any of the photos.

TxLady2, he is either TBI, THP, or DCSO. His uniform has a Tennessee State Map Emblem. I tried to read his name tag but the more I enlarged, the more fuzzy it became.

Elizabeth Smart also spoke in Nashville. My hunch would be THP for security reasons.. Just a guess, though.

Could you imagine if Elizabeth Smart, or any one else came up missing while she was visiting TN? The political ramifications would have been devastating...

I got THP = Tennessee Highway Patrol. What is DCSO?

John Mehr (TBI special agent in charge of Holly Bobo case), agent in charge in Jackson, retires after 37 years with TBI
http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20120902/NEWS01/309020005?nclick_check=1
&#8220;The sad days are when are not able to solve those others,&#8221; he said. &#8220;I&#8217;m leaving with a few unsolved homicides and ones like the (Holly) Bobo case. I know one day they will be solved.&#8221;
One case Mehr knows he will have a hard time letting go of is that of Holly Bobo. For more than a year, he has worked closely with the Bobo family and local law enforcement to find the missing college student.
&#8220;It&#8217;s been hard to stop being with the Bobo family as much,&#8221; he said. &#8220;I&#8217;ve been cutting back my time with them. We&#8217;ve got agents who are very qualified working with them. It&#8217;s something that will always be on my mind every day.&#8221;
Mehr said if he thinks of something that will help the case, he&#8217;ll call and speak with the agents involved. He won&#8217;t completely let go, he said.
&#8220;You&#8217;re always hoping all your cases would be resolved and that we would&#8217;ve found Holly before I retired,&#8221; he said. &#8220;That has not happened, but I keep the faith that day will come. It&#8217;s always constantly on my mind.&#8221;

John Mehr (TBI special agent in charge of Holly Bobo case), agent in charge in Jackson, retires after 37 years with TBI
“The sad days are when are not able to solve those others,” he said. “I’m leaving with a few unsolved homicides and ones like the (Holly) Bobo case. I know one day they will be solved.”
One case Mehr knows he will have a hard time letting go of is that of Holly Bobo. For more than a year, he has worked closely with the Bobo family and local law enforcement to find the missing college student.
“It’s been hard to stop being with the Bobo family as much,” he said. “I’ve been cutting back my time with them. We’ve got agents who are very qualified working with them. It’s something that will always be on my mind every day.”
Mehr said if he thinks of something that will help the case, he’ll call and speak with the agents involved. He won’t completely let go, he said.
“You’re always hoping all your cases would be resolved and that we would’ve found Holly before I retired,” he said. “That has not happened, but I keep the faith that day will come. It’s always constantly on my mind.”

I believe that every act of homicide causes a slight unbalancing in the world, and that it diminishes life’s universal equation. In the interest of justice, it is imperative that someone try to right that imbalance. But the task of fighting evil can take a terrible toll on the people who are charged with it. It can cost them their families, their equilibrium, their capacity for joy.
Retired FBI BSU Roger L. Depue

“The sad days are when are not able to solve those others,” he said. “I’m leaving with a few unsolved homicides and ones like the (Holly) Bobo case. I know one day they will be solved.”
(respectfully snipped)

The first thing John Mehr plans to do in retirement is spend a few months looking after the hundred or so cows on his family’s farm in Crockett County.

Mehr, special agent in charge for the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation in Jackson, retired on Friday after more than 37 years of investigations, news conferences, meetings, phone calls and mounds of paperwork. Those who know Mehr say they will miss his leadership, his fairness and his passion to serve the community.

After the few months of retirement, Mehr, 60, is open to ideas for how to spend the rest of his days with no one to holler at him but the cows.

"News Conferences"?
Over 500 days since the last news conference in the Holly Bobo Investigation... LMSAO...

“It’s been hard to stop being with the Bobo family as much,” he said. “I’ve been cutting back my time with them. We’ve got agents who are very qualified working with them. It’s something that will always be on my mind every day.”
Mehr said if he thinks of something that will help the case, he’ll call and speak with the agents involved. He won’t completely let go, he said.
“You’re always hoping all your cases would be resolved and that we would’ve found Holly before I retired,” he said. “That has not happened, but I keep the faith that day will come. It’s always constantly on my mind.”

Mixed feelings about the latest news. Sad to see someone who has been working the case retire but yet hoping whoever replaces him comes aboard with a fresh new set of eyes and will look at the evidence and come up with new credible leads. Evidence that was perhaps overlooked. Sounds like this is a blessing in disguise. Reading his statement about Holly's case, it appears they/he had nothing. Happy Retirement, Mr. Mehr.

bilde

This picture in particular stung my eyes with tears and not just from the obvious poignancy of it being two women drawn and now bound together in common tragedy.. But even deeper beyond the surface it made think of what our fellow mankind, fellow human beings, even some of our neighbors, co-workers, and yes even some of our very own flesh and blood family members.. The evil that resides within some of those that many times we don't even know is there until such acts of horror are done by these fellow human beings..

I look at this beautiful, radiant young adult woman, Elizabeth Smart and know of just a tiny modicum of what horrors were bestowed upon her daily for nearly a year of her life.. Things of which a young child of her age rightfully have no idea even exist in this world within which we all live..

I feel as tho, Karen automatically felt somewhat of an unspoken bond with this beautiful young woman having survived the unspeakable and yet is a strong, healthy young woman able to live her life as any other girl her age.. Fall in love and marry her prince charming as we all as little girls one day dream to do.. Elizabeth is the proof that not only are the horrors able to be lived through and survived, but imo equally as important that you can move forward in this life and absolutely still have a beautiful and rewarding life.. And I'm not just speaking in terms of a shallow "beautiful life".. But rather the more important and meaningful existence of having a beautiful life in spite of having experienced very real, and extensive traumas to which so many are for whatever reasons unable to push forward in life in ways that can allow for one to get to the place within themselves that they once again know and believe they are good, not an ounce of it is their fault, or because of any wrong doing on their part whatsoever.. That it is the perpetrator who shall carry that pain, guilt, shame and hate that they chose to bestow upon the innocent..

Elizabeth represents imo exactly what mother, Karen Bobo believes in, dreams of, and prays for every minute of her existence.. Elizabeth represents the absolute upside of the best case scenario of an outcome of Holly's situation at this moment in time.. As in that Holly could survive, Holly could make it back home, and with time, love, nurture, and support systems in place Holly absolutely still could be a beautiful, warm individual that has an entire life's worth of joys to still experience and enjoy..

Seeing Elizabeth come together with the Bobo family is truly such a poignantly, beautiful event that truly touched me a lot deeper than I'd have thought it would.. As I said not only in those obvious ways, but even much deeper ways in which I believe especially for mom, Karen Bobo that will be even life altering and hopefully an added form of support that imo goes both ways in Elizabeth being a source of hope and support for the Bobos but also even in the future Karen being a source of support as well for Elizabeth in ways most don't sit and ponder on..

Elizabeth Smart absolutely does serve as a reminder to us that God absolutely still performs modern day miracles.. Her and Jaycee are survivors of a whole different realm imo.. Strong core of which to this day they draw upon along with having great source of faith and family that absolutely make the difference..

All jmo and thoughts tho on what a beautiful coming together of souls and lives that share a similar, common bond, but in most ways are as different and unique in their own ways.. I believe it's likely a lifelong relationship and source of support for both of these women(Elizabeth and Karen) was formed last weekend..

Jmo, tho.

I don't know if some of you followed Melissa Duran's case but thankfully she was found unharmed with the amazing work by LE officers. I realize not all cases are alike but this is one angle that should also be explored in Holly's case, imo. No ransom demands were made in Holly's case as far as we know but can this be another case of "revenge". If I`m not mistaken Holly`s dad owns a logging company (??)

http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/168300346.html

Just throwing out a possible theory in hopes that LE have looked at coworkers, employees, ex employeees, etc.

:applause::takeabow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member