TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only recently started following this case, but have gone through numerous threads to try and catch up - but I'm still quite confused about the evidence that has been found.

I've read conflicting reports about her cellphone being found in a car with the camo clothing. Were those reports true? If so, I find it incredibly hard to believe there isn't even a trace of evidence that could be linked to the perp. jmo.

Could anyone help clarify the actual evidence that has been found?

thanks in advance!
Her cellphone was found at an industrial site near the school. The car with the camo was not related to this case.

I've only recently started following this case, but have gone through numerous threads to try and catch up - but I'm still quite confused about the evidence that has been found.

I've read conflicting reports about her cellphone being found in a car with the camo clothing. Were those reports true? If so, I find it incredibly hard to believe there isn't even a trace of evidence that could be linked to the perp. jmo.

thanks in advance!

If that is true, it has never been verified. The only thing verified by LE was her lunchbag. Her father did say her phone was found, but not where.

If that is true, it has never been verified. The only thing verified by LE was her lunchbag. Her father did say her phone was found, but not where.

AMW showed a map of where the phone was found, and it was pretty much in the same area as a industrial site where the "significant item" was found. So it's basically been confirmed. After that the area in front of the school was searched by people on their hands and knees.

Her cellphone was found at an industrial site near the school. The car with the camo was not related to this case.

Oh?
I recall NG saying the last ping the cellphone sent out was within 2 miles of the home.
Now I don't know how close the pings can triangulate on the phone's last signal sent. My understanding is it will do this off or on.
When I heard that blurb, I immediately thought her phone was at the home somewhere.
Yet, somehow it turns up at an industrial park near the yard where the tree company was?

I see.
Thank you.

EnBrown, Try applying Occam's razor to Mickey Shunick's abduction and it would have grown cold, as has Holly Bobo's and the many other missing women cases, that Occam's razor has been applied too, imo..

Experienced sexual predators/serial killers are very calculating, manipulative, creative, and deflective

Sexual Predators are recidivist, Mickey Shunick's abductor/murder serial killer BS Lavergne, is now being investigated for multiple victims in LA and other States. Lisa Pate 1999(LA), another murder victim of BSL's was also brought to Justice due to the Mickey Shunick investigation.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...ck-case?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|s

Lafayette police grateful for help in Shunick case

Well....you see....there is the huge difference with the way LE handled Mickey's case versus Holly's and I think I mentioned a few differences in an earlier post. One of the big problems we have in Holly's case is nobody has been ruled out. Yes, we can assume after 16 months they have but nothing official has been stated by local LE, TBI, FBI and whatever other agencies were involved in this case.

In Mickey's case, they ruled out family immediately. They ruled out the friend she was with (sorry I don't recall his name). The one she was last seen with.

Unfortunately, in Holly's case we know nothing. Honestly. Nothing. LE is being secretive and so is the family. Yes we get little bits of news here and there. It took 16 months for Holly's dad to come forward to tell the public that her purse with a camera is still missing. We never knew Holly had a purse. IMO, that is huge information held back. WHY?

I'm an avid ID channel watcher and HLN's Investigators and Murder by the Book shows. I watched one show last weekend on the ID channel and one of the Sherriff's said in order to solve a case, you have to know the victim. This was a case of a young lady who was murdered in her home. The show is called Unusual Suspects. After going through 4 possible suspects including her boyfriend and coworkers, it turns out the murderer was a neighbour. A guy who was obsessed with her. She babysat his little boy. The guy was married with 2 children.

We don't know very much about Holly except that she was a nursing student, well liked in the community and the church and she enjoyed weekends four wheeling with her brother and her boyfriend. That's it.

Did she work part time? Did she do odd jobs here and there? Was she actively involved with her "nursing" career? Did she apply for any homecare jobs, perhaps? Helping the elderly? Did she reply to any Craigslist ads? Was she into modeling?

ETC ETC ETC

AMW showed a map of where the phone was found, and it was pretty much in the same area as a industrial site where the "significant item" was found. So it's basically been confirmed. After that the area in front of the school was searched by people on their hands and knees.

I thought the cellphone was the "significant item" ?

thanks in advance!

:welcome:

:wagon:

Exactly how much time has the Bobo family invested with the MSM? I know of their numerous fundraisers around town and them not wanting outsiders to get involved with fundraising w/o their approval, etc., but I can't recall much time on national TV. This case was one of the few that could have remained in the national "Eye" for a long time.

If a turkey hunter was wearing full camo, it would be impossible to identify them if you stared them straight in the face from only feet away..

Karen Bobo, may have had her suspicions when she dialled 911. but the person that she suspected has obviously been cleared over 16 months later, imo..

The dragged, and other descriptions by the MS Media was due to poor reporting and the less than professional media management strategy of the TBI. The TBI had three different spokespersons, with three different descriptions of the events of 04/13/2011..

I'm betting when you live in that neck of the woods that the hunters there can tell who is who when they're wearing camo. If they wear it as much as stated, the people who hunt and hang out with the camo people have a darn good idea who is who.

Granted, he may not have seen a face but he had to have a pretty darn good idea of who it was. After talking to so many people, his mind has been changed and confused. I see how Clint answered questions and this guy can be swayed.

With JVM he went from thinking it was turkey blood to then realizing it wasn't a turkey and when asked about the blood and the turkey later in the interview, he responds with the turkey was gone...WTH?:banghead:

In my mind the perp was a turkey hunter wearing turkey camo (Clint told us that) and most likely left-handed (IF The perp was leading Holly into the woods, like Clint stated)

If you are an abductor and have to lead somebody away, you go with your strong arm not your weak one.

This is all dependent on Clint....then again, isn't everything about this case?

Why didn't clint go hunting that morning? Drew and Clint had talked the night before about hunting. Clint didn't know where they were going to hunt? That seems odd. Drew and his dad got booted from Karen's mother's property the same morning Holly was abducted. We all get the impression he was not happy about that either with him talking to Holly and Holly calling her mother.

Was Drew there in person and this was kept a secret? Regardless, when Holly hung up from talking to her mom, Holly disappeared. Wouldn't we all like to know exactly what Holly said to her mother? Karen never told the press.

We did hear that Drew and Karen spoke at some time that morning prior to 0800. It was never clear on the exact time. Clint told his mother Holly was with Drew and Karen screamed, "That is not Drew. Get your gun and go after her".

Clint got his gun but a neighbor pulled up and Clint started talking to the neighbor and didn't go into the woods. WTH? How many WTH moments do I need to lose interest in this case?

Due to all my WTHs, I find this case to be frustrating and unsolvable from the information given.....just the way they want it.

BFs & GFs have squabbles/disputes all the time, yet don't abduct them..
Ya cannot ID a person in full camo..
Virtually everyone in Parsons, TN owns a pair of camo..I'm from that area.
Turkey season had just opened, folks from many areas of TN & beyond were turkey hunting that day.
A google search, topo map, or GPS will give anyone the layout of the property.

I keep reading online about famous abduction cases and I don't see any where the victim is taken from her own home in daylight. Mickey Shunick, Dru Sjodin, and the probation officer in Georgia were all attacked in public places.

:moo: (I like this cow)

I keep reading online about famous abduction cases and I don't see any where the victim is taken from her own home in daylight. Mickey Shunick, Dru Sjodin, and the probation officer in Georgia were all attacked in public places.

EnBrown, MO is another indicator of an aware or experienced sexual predator/serial killer in Holly Bobo's abduction. They are aware that MOs/patterns/and serial killers are tracked by FBI BAU VICAP.

You mention the Mickey Schunick abduction. The MO that BS lavergne used to abduct Mickey is very rare. Websleuth members researched the bump and grab of an adult on a bicycle. The only incident of this was in Hawaii, over 10 years ago. Soon after MS abduction their was a bump & grab in Jacksonville, FL & Raleigh, NC..Coincidence/copycat? Don't know..

Kristi Cornwell -Blairsville, GA, 2009, was abducted while walking on a quiet rural neighborhood road only a couple blocks from her mothers home. She was talking to her BF; a pastor on her cell & he heard her say, 'please don't take me'.. James Scott Carringer; her abductor was a sexual predator who used the bump & grab method of abduction.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/anonymous-letter-may-hold-key-in-cornwell-investig/nQf2L/

EnBrown, sexual predators/SKs are very creative, calculating, manipulative, and deflective and will vary their MOs and signatures, etc., to prevent being patterned. They live to continue their deviant behavior of acting out out their evil fantasies. They will fool even the best of the best investigators..

I don't know about that. I was mugged one time and it took me awhile to process that the person who grabbed me from behind wasn't someone I knew. I was in my 20s when that occurred and had never ever had a stranger do something like that to me and had that frame of mind of "bad things happen to other people".

It might have taken her some time to process what was happening. She could have gone into mental shock. He could have flashed a gun at her, or what she thought was a gun.

We just don't know. :sigh:
yes i was sitting on a step in the french quarter of new orleans at age 16,waiting for a boyfriend who was late picking me up,or i was early ,i forget now. a guy who was walking by asked me where the bus stop was and i turned my head left as i pointed to the next corner. he grabbed my arm and put a cold hard metal object to the right side of my heAd . happened in a flash ! he said "scream and i'll blow your brains out ". he was dragging me to a parked car and i was quiet but refusing to stand and kicking,struggling. my mind then reasoned that i would rather die quickly from a gunshot than be raped and die later. i began screaming but nothing came out ,i could not hear myself ! i was terrified. i thought my voice would not work. meanwhile he opened the door trying to pull me in and i fought like an sob still trying to scream. suddenly he snatched my purse and jumped in the car and multiple people appeared. they chased the car but the evening and exhaust smoke obscured the license plate. 5people ran out a building and said they heard me loud and clear. i asked what i screamed and they said "help meeee someone please help meee". i did not know. i thought my voice failed me. this perp was never caught. a week later we saw him stalk by the window ,terrifying and he ran. still le did not find him. moral of this story is : we do not know how we will react. when we react we are so horrified that we do not know how we are reacting. i was a fairly street -wise city girl and made a conscious decision to risk my life calling his bluff. either i die quick or he runs.
holly was a country girl and likely not really thinking of this sort of scenerio. i live now in a tiny town outside nola,and i admit i am lax now. what would i do if it happened again ? i do not know.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/2500404...e_reports/t/detectives-daughter/#.UEAv1NaPUTY

A kidnapped detective's daughter called 911. So did her husband. So did witnesses. They all thought help would be on the way. They were wrong.
SARASOTA, Fla. — It was bad enough that it happened at all -- the horrible thing. But it was doubly shocking for a West Florida Community that no one was able to stop it.

On Jan. 17, 2008, a young mother named Denise Amber Lee was abducted from her home, driven down busy roads, winding through residential neighborhoods,

in broad daylight, screaming for her life.

Why didn't clint go hunting that morning? Drew and Clint had talked the night before about hunting. Clint didn't know where they were going to hunt? That seems odd. Drew and his dad got booted from Karen's mother's property the same morning Holly was abducted. We all get the impression he was not happy about that either with him talking to Holly and Holly calling her mother.

Was Drew there in person and this was kept a secret? Regardless, when Holly hung up from talking to her mom, Holly disappeared. Wouldn't we all like to know exactly what Holly said to her mother? Karen never told the press.

We did hear that Drew and Karen spoke at some time that morning prior to 0800. It was never clear on the exact time. Clint told his mother Holly was with Drew and Karen screamed, "That is not Drew. Get your gun and go after her".

Clint got his gun but a neighbor pulled up and Clint started talking to the neighbor and didn't go into the woods. WTH? How many WTH moments do I need to lose interest in this case?

Due to all my WTHs, I find this case to be frustrating and unsolvable from the information given.....just the way they want it.

Clint, Drew, Karen, and Holly are all innocent victims..

I like the questions you are asking. My son is 4 yrs older than my daughter. They fight like cats and dogs sometimes, HOWEVER, if my girl is ever in any kind of danger her older brother jumps into action. It is kind of an innate thing with older brothers, in my experience.

They have an automatic protection response when it comes to their baby sisters. So there are many things I find odd about the story told that day. Like when he heard 'strange voices' in the garage, WHY call mommy who is 45 minutes away? You have a gun and some ammo , so go check it out if you are concerned.

And then when he SEES his baby sister being led away by a figure in camo gear----what does he do? Why didn't he call out and say "HEY, YO, WHERE ARE YOU GUYS GOING?" HEY SIS, ARE YOU OKAY?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne