TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are those theories - keep them coming, btw.

Theories since sarx's 09/22 call for theories:

01. The "boyfriend, afraid of losing her"
02. The "Holly knew too much"
03. The "In town, just passing through"
04. The "girlfriend got jealous"
05. The "Holly ran away on her own"
06. The "rogue LE"
07. The "sibling involvement"
08. The "Holly's girlfriend's boyfriend cheated"
09. The "retribution against a family member"
10. The "accidental death w/cover-up"
11. The "preacher, brimming with passion"
12. The "rogue spokespastor"
13. The "victim of a serial offender"
14. The "knew her though churchwork"
15. The "kidnapped her to keep her"
16. The "rogue coon hunter"
17. The "man who tossed Drew and his dad off the property"
18. The "secret twin rogue brother"
19. The "wheel in the sky keeps on turning" - wait, that's not one
19. The "random hunter who stumbles across the Bobos' property"
20. The "known stalker"
21. The "they know who dunnit but can't close the deal"
22. The "culprit eluded the bloodhounds"
23. The "those pesky aliens in their UFOs"
24. The "Bigfoot in full turkey camo"
25. The "odd person who leaves little messages"
26. The "fell victim to human trafficking"

If you had a vote right now, which one would you favor?

Nice list. I've gotta go with

1. My first theory-passion, rage, maybe a little self induced psychosis from worrying about the situation and playing it over and over in their head. Relationship might of been an "on and off" type and not a clean break with hope/love/feelings on one side and not on the other.

2. My second and really strong theory which got me in trouble because I posted it and layed it all out there as well as I could piece it together. Still believe if there is ever an answer it will be something close to what I posted and will be because she "knew too much."

19a. No theory here and an Easy Choice-Favorite singer of all time. Only the 3rd person known to have cracked a metal tuning fork.

21. Have to include this one with number 1 as a theory.

While I think wondering if there was something discussed between KB and the neighbor that would cause the neighbor to call her upon learning of the screams, I also think it is reasonable to say she called out of concern because a scream is out of the ordinary and there are so few people in that part of the country.

21. Have to include this one with number 1 as a theory.
So on the "new" dispensation (at #170) that would be, let's see, a 33 ("The Loved One") with a 21 on the side.

And a possible 37 just in case this is a solvable crime but someone is doing their darnedest - at perhaps an official level - to let it stay unsolved.

sarx, would spreading cayenne pepper around an area or on a grave render search or cadaver dogs ineffective?

I wondered the same. This could have been done way beforehand, if it is indeed effective.

Holly was not a child. She was 21. This guy is into child *advertiser censored*. I don't see a connection? Am I missing something?

~n/t~, seems, that Merle Shamblin's routes took him to 48 US states/Canada & he is from Duncan, OK. The FBI BAU VICAP Trucker serial killer iniative has identified over 200 Long Haul Trucker suspects/pois. Just curious if he has been on the FBI's radar...

MerleShamblin
Sex:
male
long haul truck driver
Duncan, OK - United States

http://fervorsingles.com/singles/profile.php?ID=855

Profile type single
Sex male
Children 0
Want children Maybe
Date of birth 12-08-60
Height 6'0" - 6'3" (181-190cm)
Body type Very Cuddly
Ethnicity Caucasian
Religion Baptist
Marital status Single
Education BA/BS (4 years college)
Income $50,000-$70,000/year
Smoker No
Drinker Rarely
Homepage
DETAILS OF THE PERSON YOU ARE LOOKING FOR
I look for a female
Looking for an age range 18 - 75

Relationship Activity Partner, Friendship, Relationship, Romance, Casual, Travel Partner, Pen Pal

read more-

IMO, he doesn't fit the description of the perp.

While I think wondering if there was something discussed between KB and the neighbor that would cause the neighbor to call her upon learning of the screams, I also think it is reasonable to say she called out of concern because a scream is out of the ordinary and there are so few people in that part of the country.

it hasn't been said one way or another but logically i wonder if neighbor calls bobo house first, gets no answer and then call kb. that's the only way it makes sense to me. why would you call someone at work if you heard a scream coming from their house?

it hasn't been said one way or another but logically i wonder if neighbor calls bobo house first, gets no answer and then call kb. that's the only way it makes sense to me. why would you call someone at work if you heard a scream coming from their house?

That would certainly make sense as well. I think it probably depends a lot on the nature of the relationship between the 2.

The list is great, and the solution is most likely a combination of two or three of them. It seems like a lot of people seem to also agree that 21 will end up being part of some combination with other numbers of what we are dealing with.

IMO only.
One of the things about this case that makes it so troubling is the things that dont make much sense. There were some very troubling things that came across as hokey.
Most everyone can agree there were certain things that happened in the days that followed that just seemed hokey or bizarre. Here are just a few of the things that struck me as hokey in the days that followed:

General silence and lack of any information from LE.
Evidence being found days after and some of it seemed planted. Even father said it seemed it may have been planted.
contradictions in what happened. Dragged, led, walked, no hands touching, etc.
description of perp changes. Weight, BF, Cousin
Never any real LE press releases ever.
The only information ever obtained was mainly from interviews, articles, etc. from others besides LE.
The secret horseback search that had some interesting statements from another state's LE. The secrecy of this horseback search was kind of strange in itself.
NG + JVM does a couple shows, but then drops the case like a hot rock.
Over time, the information becomes muddy waters because there was never any official LE account of the events of what happened.

So, with lack of anything provided from LE, the only thing to go on are the interviews and articles. And there seems to be some contradictions over time with some of the information.

One of the big questions to me is why is this case so strange? Why is there a total lack of any LE statements regarding the events of that day? Why no confirmation of the items found? Why no confirmation of what she still had with her that is not found? Why no confirmtion of whether the blood found was even hers? Why all the secrecy surrounding this case?

If there is nothing to hide and nothing to sweep under a rug, then why is this case being handled like the biggest secret in the town's history?

I have no answers, but IMO, I can sure see that something appears to be really strange about this case.

Did Holly have a job?

We have never heard of one so I don't think so.

What I am about to say is a simple observation. Not intended to hurt or bash the family. But I think these two kids, Holly and Clint, were somewhat spoiled. (I think mine are too) Just think about it....at her age, her daddy was giving her gas money regularly, she had her breakfast made for her each morning...and her lunch packed. We don't know of her having any type of job.

My kids played sports and worked...and were still a bit spoiled. But they worked from the time they were going into 11th grade and through college, those that wanted to go. We assisted financially, but they had to make good use of their money. We would give $20 towards gas, buy their supplies to make lunch or give money to purchase lunch, and buy some clothing....but they had to help with gas, buy their own insurance (if they made enough), purchase some of their own clothing and makeup. We taught them to make simple foods, clean up the kitchen, wash and dry clothes and take out trash. They didn't always do it like I would...but they knew how. (And yes, we had more than one load of laundry come out pink!)
I think Holly's parents were overprotective and pampering. She was so closely linked to good ole momma and daddy.....could that have made her a target?

Is 34 "passerby" meant to say that a passerby took Holly? I need clarification on that one because I missed the initial theory.
It would be a far-stretch to be a passerby on the Bobo's property, no?

Is 34 "passerby" meant to say that a passerby took Holly? I need clarification on that one because I missed the initial theory.
It would be a far-stretch to be a passerby on the Bobo's property, no?
This would be one who advantageously and with little if any planning took Holly in a crime of opportunity.

Yes, a stretch. Had to have something in there for "random" though.

Or it might be someone passing through town, who took large risks after he'd spotted what he wanted.

Pretty sure I read she worked at a grocery store. I will search for the link with that.

One of the threads here said she worked at Food Lion. I think BB, and DS, also worked at grocery stores. I wonder if it's the same one for all three.

That would be...awkward...

One of the threads here said she worked at Food Lion.....(Snipped)......I wonder if it's the same one for all three.

That would be...awkward...

JMO...I had read in posts that it was the same place. It is not too surprising if you take into account that it is a pretty small town with not a lot of places to work, as well as I think at one time or another, they may have all been friends or at least had mutual friends and acquaintences. One of the fathers was rumored to have worked there as well in the meat department, which could have helped in getting the others jobs there as well.

JMO
If we assume that the evidence was planted, what does that tell us about the person(s) that hid the evidence. To me, it speaks of being very amateur, like they were in a hurry to dispose of her items that they had in their possession still. The items showed up pretty quick, but in different spots and on different days.

The Easter find was rumored to have been phoned in tip. Like the person wanted it to be found. So, if that rumor is true, and if the rumor that the phone call went directly to the house, then one would think that LE could trace the phone call of who made that phone call to the house. If LE identified the phone number of the called in tip, they would know who called in the tip. Maybe they did, and maybe that is why everything came to a screeching halt after the Easter find.

Even if the rumor is not true, the alleged planted evidence just seemed very amateur. Like it was thrown about in a quick fashion. What that means is the person was still local in the immediate days right after she went missing. Once they got rid of the last of the evidence, then they had nothing left, and they felt they were in the clear.

That kind of points to that they must have gotten rid of poor Holly first. So, if they were very amateiur about the evience, it also means they would have placed Holly in a very amateur spot. So, IMO, LE needs to check very obvious type places like the local lakes nearby, or shallow grave nearby. I dont think she would be too far away. I would say 90 mile radius maximum.

This would be one who advantageously and with little if any planning took Holly in a crime of opportunity.

Yes, a stretch. Had to have something in there for "random" though.

Or it might be someone passing through town, who took large risks after he'd spotted what he wanted.

why couldn't it be a hunter or someone in the woods that had watched the house? I live in the woods butting up on state land and when hiking my own property have seen people out there even not during hunting season.

also, just because these people live in the country does not mean that something random is out of the possibility. :twocents:

why couldn't it be a hunter or someone in the woods that had watched the house? I live in the woods butting up on state land and when hiking my own property have seen people out there even not during hunting season.

also, just because these people live in the country does not mean that something random is out of the possibility. :twocents:
On sarx's out-of-the-box-request-list we do have the notion of "rogue hunter," which falls in the general category of The Passerby. (All of those last several at #170 leave plenty of room for many more specific theories that fall under the same basic heading.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChampagneGrams