TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember too that all of the interviews (written or on tv) are edited, truncated, cropped, etc. for various reasons. It was frustrating in the JVM live show to have commercial breaks. JVM would say we will get back to this in a moment... but then after the break would go off in a different direction. Its not like anyone was able to sit down in front of a mic or camera and just talk, from start to finish, uninterrupted or un-directed.

Re: TV comfort levels etc., one would think Karen would talk about substantive issues more - she's a teacher and this, one might think, would come easier to her. Usually she limits herself to talking about missing Holly, Holly was a good girl, etc., except the time she asked Obama to send help. Clint is a potential disaster every time he opens his mouth, poor guy. Yet he usually talks the most (of course, I guess, as he witnessed the events). I wish Dana would speak out more - he's clearly uncomfortable doing so but it's been from him we've learned that the family, at least, thinks the kidnapper was local and thus familiar with not only the lay of the land but also the schedules of the family, and also that the blood spilled was Holly's.

As for not getting more airtime, one only has to read the 04/20 Nancy Grace transcript and the obfuscating, totally opaque performance of spokespastor Bromley to figure a good part of the reason why the media didn't devote full resources to this story. (And no wonder some people thought it might be a cover-up.)

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1104/20/ng.01.html

Re: TV comfort levels etc., one would think Karen would talk about substantive issues more - she's a teacher and this, one might think, would come easier to her. Usually she limits herself to talking about missing Holly, Holly was a good girl, etc., except the time she asked Obama to send help. Clint is a potential disaster every time he opens his mouth, poor guy. Yet he usually talks the most (of course, I guess, as he witnessed the events). I wish Dana would speak out more - he's clearly uncomfortable doing so but it's been from him we've learned that the family, at least, thinks the kidnapper was local and thus familiar with not only the lay of the land but also the schedules of the family, and also that the blood spilled was Holly's.

As for not getting more airtime, one only has to read the 04/20 Nancy Grace transcript and the obfuscating, totally opaque performance of spokespastor Bromley to figure a good part of the reason why the media didn't devote full resources to this story. (And no wonder some people thought it might be a cover-up.)

Straight forward and to the 'point'. Wfgodot,I agree with your post & thanks! MOO

From above interview with Kevin Bromley. Keep in mind his wife was with Karen on that day and, in fact, drove her home. Karen left her cellphone behind and used Mrs. Bromley's. Her husband is the spokesperson for the Hobo family.

BROMLEY: Well, Deborah, I don`t know anything else other than what has been reported by the TBI on the -- you know, the sightings of actually what Clint actually saw.

NORVILLE: Well, for instance, it`s being reported by one magazine that there were flecks of blood in the lawn. Would that be how he`s described it to you?

BROMLEY: He`s not described it to me.

NORVILLE: Has the family shared what he said? (referring to Clint)

BROMLEY: No. No. We`ve not talked at length about what Clint witnessed that day.

NORVILLE: And I`m sure that`s been a great comfort to the Bobo family, as well. What about the 911 call? Traditionally, 911 calls are taped and they are released to the public. Is it frustrating to the Bobos that those calls have not been shared?

BROMLEY: I`ve not heard anything about -- I`ve not heard them talk about the 911 calls.

NORVILLE: Why do you think that they wouldn`t release it?

BROMLEY: I don`t know. Again, I`m kind of the family spokesperson, and the investigators are doing a great job with the evidence they have.

NORVILLE: Is there anything -- as you and the family have been sitting around and talking, is there anything that`s come up that now, six days after her disappearance, leads you to believe that, Whoa, there may have been something strange that happened and this could be significant in helping the investigators with this case?

BROMLEY: Hey, Deborah, could you repeat that question again? We`re having some weather here in our area.

..................and that's the last we heard from him. That guy's a wealth of information.. Good Grief!

Eight "no"'s or "not"'s in Bromley's bit above. Derp!

From above interview with Kevin Bromley. Keep in mind his wife was with Karen on that day and, in fact, drove her home. Karen left her cellphone behind and used Mrs. Bromley's. Her husband is the spokesperson for the Hobo family.

BROMLEY: Well, Deborah, I don`t know anything else other than what has been reported by the TBI on the -- you know, the sightings of actually what Clint actually saw.

NORVILLE: Well, for instance, it`s being reported by one magazine that there were flecks of blood in the lawn. Would that be how he`s described it to you?

BROMLEY: He`s not described it to me.

NORVILLE: Has the family shared what he said? (referring to Clint)

BROMLEY: No. No. We`ve not talked at length about what Clint witnessed that day.

NORVILLE: And I`m sure that`s been a great comfort to the Bobo family, as well. What about the 911 call? Traditionally, 911 calls are taped and they are released to the public. Is it frustrating to the Bobos that those calls have not been shared?

BROMLEY: I`ve not heard anything about -- I`ve not heard them talk about the 911 calls.

NORVILLE: Why do you think that they wouldn`t release it?

BROMLEY: I don`t know. Again, I`m kind of the family spokesperson, and the investigators are doing a great job with the evidence they have.

NORVILLE: Is there anything -- as you and the family have been sitting around and talking, is there anything that`s come up that now, six days after her disappearance, leads you to believe that, Whoa, there may have been something strange that happened and this could be significant in helping the investigators with this case?

BROMLEY: Hey, Deborah, could you repeat that question again? We`re having some weather here in our area.

..................and that's the last we heard from him. That guy's a wealth of information.. Good Grief!

What on earth is she referring to in the "great comfort to you" comment?

Just wanted to share that I was in Sikeston, MO at Lambert's Café over the weekend and Holly's missing person poster is posted inside right up front. Bitter sweet to see it. So nice that someone placed it there because it's a high traveled place and people drive from all over the country to eat there. So sad that she's still missing. My prayers go out to her family.

The logical place for the perp's car to be would at the neighbor's, South of the pond. This is the closest house and it is less than 1/4 mile from the Bobo's. So what did they see and hear? The son allegedly heard screams, did nothing, told his mom and went to work. That befuddles me!

What did other people see/hear who live there?

The logical place for the perp's car to be would at the neighbor's, South of the pond. This is the closest house and it is less than 1/4 mile from the Bobo's. So what did they see and hear? The son allegedly heard screams, did nothing, told his mom and went to work. That befuddles me!

What did other people see/hear who live there?

I live in the suburbs. Very residential. The other night I heard gun shots around midnight? Couldn't really tell where they came from. Know what I did? Nothing. Maybe I should have (I haven't heard anything about people being shot in the news thank God) but the neighbor son simply telling his mom and going about his day doesn't surprise me much.

I live in the suburbs. Very residential. The other night I heard gun shots around midnight? Couldn't really tell where they came from. Know what I did? Nothing. Maybe I should have (I haven't heard anything about people being shot in the news thank God) but the neighbor son simply telling his mom and going about his day doesn't surprise me much.

This happens where I live too. A shot after dark isn't all that uncommon. It might be a hunter discharging a firearm or a poacher or even a single fireworks that sounds like a gun. When I hear a scream--well, that one's been a raccoon killing something, a couple of kids fooling around and a girl who stepped in dog poop. If the sound was close or semi-close, I hope I would know the difference if the scream came from someone who was in trouble, but I'm not convinced of it. And if the sound was more distant, I'm sure I couldn't tell the difference.

Since these were the only neighbors and the man was about 30 yrs old, I would venture to think he hasn't heard a female screaming outside their home often, if at all.

A poster on here who lives in the area said the screams were blood curdling. Living out in the country is very different from the burbs or the city. I keep thinking that it is strange that both men in the vicinity of Holly did nothing. Both tell their respective mothers something is going on with Holly but don't go out there and check it out.

Now it may be that living in the deep country men act differently...don't know..

Because the screams were so scary the mother called Karen at her work and went over to the house where she bumped into Clint chasing after the perp (with a gun) but he must have stopped the chase when she arrived...I just don't get it..

Since these were the only neighbors and the man was about 30 yrs old, I would venture to think he hasn't heard a female screaming outside their home often, if at all.

A poster on here who lives in the area said the screams were blood curdling. Living out in the country is very different from the burbs or the city. I keep thinking that it is strange that both men in the vicinity of Holly did nothing. Both tell their respective mothers something is going on with Holly but don't go out there and check it out.

Now it may be that living in the deep country men act differently...don't know..

Because the screams were so scary the mother called Karen at her work and went over to the house where she bumped into Clint chasing after the perp (with a gun) but he must have stopped the chase when she arrived...I just don't get it..

BBM - I know Clint's mother told him to get a gun an go after Holly, but I don't remember it ever stated that he actually got a gun and went outside...

As for the screams - thinking how I would react. If I were sitting in my home, like I an now and I heard a couple of screams, I would look out and around, but I wouldn't call police unless there was more to it, as I would think it was just someone fooling around - which happens in the busy area I live in.

If on the other hand, if my wife had just gone left the house and I heard a scream, I would be outside in a flash...

A "blood curdling scream" would be more likely to be investigated than a gunshot, in the sticks.

JMO

Now that we know that the family dog followed the perp and holly into the woods. It was implied there was a path and the family dog came back a few minutes later, according to Cllint. Why didn't the police dogs trail them? I once heard it was too thick with brush, but apparently not because we just got word that the family dog trailed them.

Mark Furhman says he spoke with a dispatcher from TBI and was told the police dogs did not pick up any scent near the woods where she walked. I stand by Mark Fuhrman. With Holly's blood in the carport, it would appear that could be the last place she was. Did we ever hear where the dogs started and stopped on their search? This entire case is a hogpodge of wrong information.

Does anyone have a link to Hannah Reece and an interview? She is the person Karen says was the last to speak with Holly that fateful morning. I thought Drew was....

Now that we know that the family dog followed the perp and holly into the woods. It was implied there was a path and the family dog came back a few minutes later, according to Cllint. Why didn't the police dogs trail them? I once heard it was too thick with brush, but apparently not because we just got word that the family dog trailed them.

Mark Furhman says he spoke with a dispatcher from TBI and was told the police dogs did not pick up any scent near the woods where she walked. I stand by Mark Fuhrman. With Holly's blood in the carport, it would appear that could be the last place she was. Did we ever hear where the dogs started and stopped on their search? This entire case is a hogpodge of wrong information.

Wouldn't you think the scent of family dog would have made it easier for the tracking dogs to track where Holly went, since now we have both her scent as well as the family dog?

Also, wonder how the family dog reacts to strangers, versus people it knows? That might well explain some of Clint's reaction.

Wouldn't you think the scent of family dog would have made it easier for the tracking dogs to track where Holly went, since now we have both her scent as well as the family dog? Also, wonder how the family dog reacts to strangers, versus people it knows? That might well explain some of Clint's reaction.

Good thinking!

I am still not convinced dogs were brought in quickly, or used properly. Remember the story that the woods were so thick people had to carry the dogs or that dogs couldnt follow? That hardly seems to be the case based on pictures of the scene and other descriptions. That sounds more like an excuse to cover someones butt for not doing something the right way.

http://www.utmpacer.com/news/search-for-holly-bobo-continues-1.3019849#.UV21w8PD-Cg
Search for Holly Bobo continues
On April 13, 2011, UTM nursing student, Holly Bobo, was taken from her home in Decatur County, Tenn. It has been two years since Bobo was last seen.
According to police, Bobo’s brother said he saw a man in camouflage clothing leading his sister through the yard to a wooded area behind their house. State and local authorities coordinated a massive search that inspired the volunteer efforts of hundreds of people. Holly’s story was also featured on “Good Morning America” and “Nancy Grace.”
"You always hear of people being kidnapped, but you don't actually think it could happen to you or someone you care about. However, if it can happen to Holly, then it can happen to anyone. She is the most careful, responsible person you will ever meet. I never, in all my life, imagined that I would get the call that my friend had been kidnapped, especially Holly,” said Jill White, close friend of Bobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!