TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carla! How are you? Long time, no see! I hope you are doing fine!

Woofie, I so agree with you about LE in this case....
I'm maybe beginning to see why LE's reacted the way it's reacted.

Im confused. The bag shown yesterday was a brown/tan backpack. It was called a purse. Then today I am hearing of a pink or lavendar purse. What exactly are we calling the purse?

I'm not understanding how $100,000 is going to be attractive to someone who faces life in prison or the death penalty. I think that these people's hearts are in the right place though.

Lots of commisary money?

Seriously though, I don't think everyone has been straight up with LE. And I don't think LE has been straight up with this investigation, if you want to be liberal and call it an investigation.

JMO, IMO, :moo: , and all other disclaimers.

The reward is $250,000 for Holly's "safe return," meaning, safe and sound. I'm not sure if there's even any portion of the reward money allocated for tips about where she might be buried if deceased, or for apprehending the person who took her.

Based on what I've read, unless she is alive there is no reward, if I'm remembering correctly.

Post 272
Thread #34
Here is the link for the quote's from wishyouwerehere and ~NT~. Plus the photo's(find post #272 in the upper corner of ~NT~ post)
www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8235898

Quote:
* *Originally Posted by wishuwerehere
* * *Also, what about her wallet, driver's license, student ID, debit card,
*etc. Were these things found, or should the public be looking for-these item
ETA: What about jewelry? If something ends up in a pawn shop, two states away, how are we to help? Any descriptions out there?
True. In most pictures we've seen of Holly she wears jewelry. Earings, necklaces, rings, bracelets.

Quote:
* * *Originally Posted by ~NT~
* * **Those are just a few...there are many others.
(The link for this post and the photo's are at the top of the page.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks,to you EnBrown! ~NT~And yourself ... throughout the extensive #36 thread's have always asked thoughtful questions about Holly's jewelry.MOO
A million things are running through my head after learning of this new development. The first one I can put out there is a question. It was reported the promise ring was found.

Now, has the promisor who gave her the ring contacted authorities to see it? I would think it has sentimental value to him as well. Especially, if it was a family heirloom as oftentimes could be be the case.

If he hasn't asked to see the ring, what does it mean? Too painful? Or indifference?

The reward is $250,000 for Holly's "safe return," meaning, safe and sound. I'm not sure if there's even any portion of the reward money allocated for tips about where she might be buried if deceased, or for apprehending the person who took her.

Based on what I've read, unless she is alive there is no reward, if I'm remembering correctly.

Just like the Laci Peterson case. The 250 K was for her safe return, but there was a 50K reward for the location of where she was if deceased. I wonder if there is some reward money set aside for an instance like that. I can't believe there hasn't been an arrest or something in this case.

Im confused. The bag shown yesterday was a brown/tan backpack. It was called a purse. Then today I am hearing of a pink or lavendar purse. What exactly are we calling the purse?

I recall Dana saying she had a pink purse. There is a partial pic of it (still looking). Here is a pic of the bag found yesterday. It looks as it if faded and perhaps was pink. It does resemble the large purse Holly had in that school pic. :seeya:

The pic of the find is below the video on this clip.

http://www.wmctv.com/story/22015271/holly-bobos-backpack-found-one-mile-from-her-home

If anyone stumbles onto a single-post link to ~NT~'s excellent timeline, please post. Can't find where I put my bookmark.

How many women/girls in that rural area have thrown their bag in the woods or buried their bag in the woods in the past two years?

This doesn't seem like a difficult task to figure this out. This is not NYC.

If the LE couldn't get a handle on the case when they arrived within x10min on the scene with an eye witness to boot, I am not going to hold out hope that they will identify the person who buries or throws their pink bag in the woods.

How many women/girls in that rural area have thrown their bag in the woods or buried their bag in the woods in the past two years?

This doesn't seem like a difficult task to figure this out. This is not NYC.

If the LE couldn't get a handle on the case when they arrived within x10min on the scene with an eye witness to boot, I am not going to hold out hope that they will identify the person who buries or throws their pink bag in the woods.

Yeah...what a coincidence huh?

Hi Amanda :seeya:

Glad you're here. Your album is priceless. Thanks for all you do..

It would be helpful if Karen could give us the brand name of the bag. The one in school and the one found both have many straps and the same stitching. I also see the circle rings in the bag found that are on the bag in the school pic. They both look like a Hobo bag.

Thanks Amanda. Your pics are fantastic!
'

Geez Louise! :banghead:

Sorry y'all but they can't have it both ways! Either the "purse" had items in it that were connected to Holly in some way as they stated (student ID, promise ring, necklace with an H) or they didn't.

I mean....come on TBI! I am not buying what you're selling!

I can't vouch for any contents but the bag does look the same. I will assume it is too, till the owner of the purse who buried it or threw it in the woods come forth.

Like I said, previously, this isn't NYC. That bag's owner needs to make an appearance.

Geez Louise! :banghead:

Sorry y'all but they can't have it both ways! Either the "purse" had items in it that were connected to Holly in some way as they stated (student ID, promise ring, necklace with an H) or they didn't.

I mean....come on TBI! I am not buying what you're selling!

It isnt TBI making the reports. It is media who wants to get a scoop and so reports erroneous information. I am not saying that the TBI is perfect or that they even are doing things right, but lets give credit here where credit is due. It is the freakin media who is getting the information all screwed up.

I'm thinking that it is in fact Holly's purse, It looks like holly's lavender purse (even though the color has faded a lot).

I believe Karen B. said that because she is still in a state of shock and by saying "no, that's not her purse" in my mind she's trying to lessen the pain she's feeling.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member