TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another question that has always troubled me...How did she open and shut the house door that morning while carrying all these items plus juggle a can or bottle of coke?

Good question....adding to it...if it wasn't someone she knew wouldn't she have been startled and dropped most of the stuff. If it was someone she knew wouldn't she have put it down if they were just going to take a few minutes.

However, there have been many mornings where my laziness to make more than one trip (and the fact I'm almost always running late), I've managed to carry my DD's backpack, lunch bag, my purse, phone, school folder, keys and a cup of coffee.

Her jewelry being inside the purse is bad. Sounds like the perp may have wanted to keep these items but then decided it was not safe, so he buried them? If so, he must be very local indeed.

Her jewelry being inside the purse is bad. Sounds like the perp may have wanted to keep these items but then decided it was not safe, so he buried them? If so, he must be very local indeed.

Thats where my mind is headed too. I dont think shes put it in her purse to wear it later..
I take my wedding ring and cross necklace that I wear daily off to shower, because the ring always gets tangled in my hair, but I always put it right back on as soon as Im done.
Id never just toss it in my purse to put on later when I can easily slip it on right then.
I truly believe it was removed from her body, and someone wanted to rid the items. They may have been there a while, this is true.
Maybe someone had burried it in their yard, and felt paranoid
so they put it back at the crime scene at some point so that if it did
happen to be found, people would assume it had been there
all along.

So were these school books ever found?

Good question....adding to it...if it wasn't someone she knew wouldn't she have been startled and dropped most of the stuff. If it was someone she knew wouldn't she have put it down if they were just going to take a few minutes.

However, there have been many mornings where my laziness to make more than one trip (and the fact I'm almost always running late), I've managed to carry my DD's backpack, lunch bag, my purse, phone, school folder, keys and a cup of coffee.

:smile:Me too! And,i have spent an equal amount of time cleaning up my spilled messes. Juggling is not my strong suit.

my concern is that eventually they are going to find a body somewhere within a mile or two of her house and the implications of that. if the brush/woods are thick enough, or the search area so off-base, that a pink purse was missed for two years within a mile of her house i just wonder if that means the entire mystery could be contained within a few mile radius.

I’m extremely disappointed about the ending of the search.

Also, I’m confused about many things in this case but foremost about that promise ring. It’s not clear to me whether:

- The ring was in Holly’s purse and it has been found along with the purse?
- The ring was in Holly’s purse and it has not been found along with the purse?
- The ring was on Holly’s finger at the time of the abduction?

I know this may seem like a minute matter, but these little details drive me crazy. Should the public be looking out for this ring in pawn shops, etc.? Does the ring have a stone in it? Is it gold or silver? Is there an inscription inside of the ring?

We're learning more about the discovery of Holly Bobo's purse, and what's inside.

TBI investigators say a dog found her purse Wednesday. Officials used search dogs in the area on Thursday.

WSMV-TV in Nashville is reporting that officials say Bobo's driver license, a camera, a promise ring, and a key chain with a big H were inside the purse.

http://www.wbir.com/rss/article/265...rse?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

This article claims the ring was inside the purse, along with other items.

I’ve read that article too. Considering that some written articles in the past have not been very clear in their meaning, I thought perhaps the ring was lumped in with everything else, and she may in fact have been wearing it. Just thinking out loud.

Why do you say that?

Because the searches are always spontaneously ended by LE. Just as they were on Easter Sunday 2 years ago, the search has once again been halted. These are areas where Holly's belongings have been dropped...either by Holly or her abductor. Seems to me that this dense area would at least be worth a week or two of searching with professionals. We have been told this area has only been searched by volunteers....
It just seems like LE knows that Holly is not out there. Perhaps they do not. But I do believe that information is being held close to the vest by LE. Even the Bobo family has said the TBI has told them very little and I know that must be frustrating for them, as it would be for any of us.

Let's not forget that several times the LE in this case have said their investigation has not left that county and they have no reason to believe HB left the west TN area. That is a ridiculous statement to make without some strong evidence to support it and/or a good suspect in mind.
I'd say they got a couple ideas on what to do/where to look, but for whatever reason they just cannot execute them. This purse find situation kind of stinks and I do not think it's surprising LE is done there. All we can do is hope that the bag means something to the investigation.

Stick with the facts please. I've removed some bickering posts and don't want to see anymore. :no:

Wait; what?
Forrest Sanders ‏@WSMV_Forrest 2m
TBI says the purse found this week did not belong to Holly Bobo. They say family previously identified it but now believe it's not hers

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!

:furious:

Tell me this isn't so!!!!

Mind-boggling.

Maybe they are just saying/doing that to throw the perpetrator off? If it is someone who is purposely toying with LE and they are starting to leave clues and they are thrilled with the LE and Media attention the purse got them, then saying there is nothing more might take the wind out of this perp's sails and he may try to do something more obvious, something more risk taking and they could have a better chance of catching him...just a thought.

Maybe they are just saying/doing that to throw the perpetrator off? If it is someone who is purposely toying with LE and they are starting to leave clues and they are thrilled with the LE and Media attention the purse got them, then saying there is nothing more might take the wind out of this perp's sails and he may try to do something more obvious, something more risk taking and they could have a better chance of catching him...just a thought.

Thats possible, but Id assume if that were the case they wouldnt have reported it in the first place

Yeah, I was going over all those sorts of possibilities when LE decided not to investigate further, thinking, "Is it possible this is just a clever ruse?", and now it's been revealed it wasn't HB's purse, am still mulling over that type of thought.

But I see no reason to believe it's anything but what it is. Wish I could think differently. I really had my hopes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babycakes15