TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A spokeswoman with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation told FoxNews.com Monday that police are appealing to the small community of Parsons, Tenn., for help in finding Holly Bobo.

~~snip~~

On Monday, searchers plan to comb the area surrounding Bobo's home for clues in the case. Investigators last week found a number of items believed to belong to Holly, including a lunchbox that Helm said was found "several miles away" from the young woman's home.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/18/ruled-suspects-disappearance-holly-bobo/#ixzz1JtWqWoCE

I don't think this is discussing the brother as a suspect, though - just stating incorrect info from the media. Just my take on it... :)

It apparently isn't then per the mod. I was just trying to save anyone from being banned. I would think that questioning the whereabouts of the brother in the house would not be just a coincidence. Only trying to help any that are just coming in.

The only time we are able to discuss someone in a case that is a relative of the victim is if they have been declared a person of interest or a suspect in the crime for instance in Kyron Horman's case, his stepmother was declared a focus of the investigation so we were able to then discuss/sleuth her; Hailey Dunn's mother is confirmed to be a person of interest in Hailey's disappearance so we are able to discuss/sleuth her. At this point, LE has not stated that Holly's brother is a suspect or a person of interest in her disappearance; therefore, he must be treated as a victim right along with Holly's parents or other family members. Without rules like this in place, gossip and rumors can spread quickly and you can end up having cases like Somer Thompson, Shasta and Dylan Groene, and Jessica Lunsford just to name a few. That said, with all the rumors in this case, it's hard to know what is real and what is not but until LE comes out and states officially that Clint Bobo is a suspect or a person of interest in her disappearance, he deserves respect from those of us on message boards. It's easy to play Monday morning quarterback until you know all the facts and at this point we don't have a clue what happened in that house the morning of Holly's disappearance.

~jmo~

Yeah that's a good question. He is awesome and seems to really care about helping find victims.

yes he does and he is very god at wha tthey do. Id aske everyone on this planet to help me.

Random thought: Since TBI said to be on the lookout for anyone washing/selling/stealing a vehicle, is that a direct implication that they believe a car has been used? I think it is. They also mentioned an ATV as well, so I wonder if they think both were used.

I think so!! Also, are they implying when asking about anyone "excessively washing" a vehicle that they think that that person might not be in the woods anymore (duh) but that they have reason to believe that Holly still is?

Honestly, LE has me super stumped at the moment!!

If we can’t discuss the discrepancies in the case, how are we supposed to know where the investigation is heading?

Eileen,
heck they had 2000 people out there searching with 500 LEOs from all different agencies... jmhoo but I don't think they need TES right now

that is just my opinion

Oh i respect you opinion.

they need all the searchers they can get but i think equisearch look with different eyes? look for diff things...

JMO

I remember in the Kyron Horman case they wouldnt let ppl search they had to be certified!

Its ok to talk about the brother and bf as to what's been reported on and what law enforcement has said. Its not ok to talk about them as suspects or POI's. No one has been named as such.

Also rumors are not allowed so please be careful about what is posted on blogs, topix etc. Rumors at this time will be removed.

Thanks everyone.

Ima
bumping this up... the mod clearly states what can and cannot be posted about the brother and the boyfriend

The brother is one of the last person to have seen Holly alive... he is the person who called 911. He is a very important part of this case; he can and SHOULD be discussed.

Especially since all that was discussed in the last few posts was conflicting news reports about the house and the brother's location within it.

What we are not allowed to do is sleuth, accuse or point the finger at him in any way.

There is a major difference

I never pointed a finger at anyone. Just pointed out a different statement attributed to him. And even that statement doesnt accuse him of anything. Its just different. I don't think he did anything... just want to get to the heard of the matter of what did or didnt happen or why there are so many varying reports as to what did happen.

It must be hard for those young kids out there who wash their vehicle obsessively on a regular basis to NOT wash it for fear of being suspect! I know if I had a son in that community I would be suggesting he NOT wash his car...:)

Oh i respect you opinion.

they need all the searchers they can get but i think equisearch look with different eyes? look for diff things...

JMO

I respect yours too Eileen :)

I guess I am so used to there not being enough in cases... (so many cases)

I agree he surly would be able to look thru a different set of eyes!

So many different things being reported from so many different sources... We need a good update this afternoon... and hopefully some good news!

Working on a new thread, will be closing this one in a few.

Ima

Ok now this is just weird...

ANOTHER report of what happened last Wednesday morning.

"Holly’s 25-year-old brother, Clint, was in his bed upstairs in the family’s Parsons home when he heard his sister screaming outside about 7:30 a.m. Wednesday, according to family friends."

http://www.thedaily.com/page/2011/01/05/041511-news-holly-bobo-4-4/

PLEASE NOTE...thedailly.com is NOT a main stream media source or even a news source at all....here is a paragraph from their own site which describes itself as a STORY TELLING site

snip
"The Daily launched on February 2, 2011 with the mission to provide the best news experience by combining world-class storytelling with the unique interactive capabilities of the iPad."

Their "stories" therefore should not be taken as accurate reporting of facts.

jmo

I never pointed a finger at anyone. Just pointed out a different statement attributed to him. And even that statement doesnt accuse him of anything. Its just different. I don't think he did anything... just want to get to the heard of the matter of what did or didnt happen or why there are so many varying reports as to what did happen.

Completely Agree Carla. I didn't think there was anything wrong with your post.

You were just trying to make sense of all those conflicting reports

I really really wish we knew what they found and more importantly, where they found it.

If items have been found along the side of the road, for example, it may indicate that someone or Holly herself threw items out of a moving car. Now, if items were found deep in the woods, that is an indication that perhaps Holly was there or at least her abductor was.

I guess I just feel that if items were found in a place that could have been thrown out of a car, woods or not, they could be anywhere, including out of state.

These tornados have been horrible! I hope all our websluthers are safe!

IMO, part of the difficulty in sleuthing this case is the wealth of conflicting information -- 1 or 2 story house, where was brother located when he saw Holly leave the yard with the man dressed in camo clothing, are there one or two ex-boyfriends, is her latest boyfriend an ex or still her boyfriend -- just basic facts that would assist us in coming up with some theories. I have read lots of conflicting stories in Mainstream Media and, at this point, I do not know what to believe. Hopefully LE has a handle on all of it!!

NOTE: I am not bringing this up to point a finger at any relatives or boyfriends, but just to show that we cannot confirm some basic facts at this point which is why some of us keep asking about where the brother was and what was he doing on the day she went missing. I am hoping that some of these items will be addressed by LE in the coming days so we can adjust our theories (and sleuthing) accordingly. IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back