TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The blood may not belong to Holly or even to her attacker. It may not even be human. It could have been part of a ruse to lure the young nursing student into the woods, saying that someone was injured and needed help... doesn't it seem like someone would need to be bleeding fairly substantially for blood to be noticed?

This could explain why she may have walked into the woods of her own volition, and even why no one inside heard a scuffle, screams, etc. (as far as we know).

Have there been any confirmations in the media about duct tape?

Welllll.... I do think it's possible that a ruse was used to lure her into the woods. But, if you were claiming a hunting accident or something, I don't really think you would bring blood with you. Unless you're thinking the person smeared blood on themselves to appear to be in desperate need of help?

I suppose how much blood is required to look like blood depends on where it was found. If I found it on my concrete driveway or on the porch, it wouldn't require all that much. On the gravel part of my driveway, or in the grass, it would take quite a bit because the ground would naturally absorb part of it.

I've been out of the loop for a few days, but have added a few things to the map. Does anyone know where teh duct tape was found or any other pertinent locations that should be added to the map?

Will Nunley says less than 300 have signed in as of 10am...:(

http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

My hats off to Will Nunley--he is on it. I wouldn't be too discouraged by 300 searchers as it is the work week for most. The turnout of searchers has been amazing in this case...especially for a rural area.

I know nothing about hunting. If people are coming from out of state to hunt, do they have to have a license in that county, or just for that state?

Great, great work on these stats! Thanks!
Do you have any conclusions based upon them?

That this was someone she knew, but not necessarily knew well. The guy that delivers the papers at the same time she happens to be at the store, or the guy at school that takes all the same classes. Maybe even someone from high school that she kept in the friend zone and was never really threatened by. Either way, I do believe that she was stalked, but it wouldn't have had to be an in depth kind of stalking in order to learn routines, not in a small town where everyone has a routine and everyone else knows it.
I do think that by stats alone, there is a chance that she is alive, but I don't think she will be released of her abductors good will, since we are well outside the 24 hour window of time. It seems pretty clear what the motive for taking her was (sexual assault), but if she is smart about it, and her abductor is one of the ones that imagined a relationship that didn't exist she can likely buy some time by playing into that "relationship". LE did have a hand in nearly a quarter of these returns, so I have a lot of hope that they are really getting closer to finding her. I wish they would bring in the Behavioral Analysis Unit, since Holly's case is such a mix of typical and uncommon behavior for an adult abduction. Not that I don't think TN can handle it, but the more eyes the better.
Just armchair sleuthing. My profiling class was only 5 weeks long, so I'm hardly an expert.

My hats off to Will Nunley--he is on it. I wouldn't be too discouraged by 300 searchers as it is the work week for most. The turnout of searchers has been amazing in this case...especially for a rural area.

I know nothing about hunting. If people are coming from out of state to hunt, do they have to have a license in that county, or just for that state?

In Tennessee anyone who hunts has to obtain a license/permit. And they have to have passed a hunter's safety course to get a permit. But you can take those in your home state and just present proof of it.

http://www.tn.gov/twra/huntered.html

I asked in the beginning and I don't think we ever heard an answer:

Where was the last place she was before she went home?

Apparently she did her clinicals at a hospital or medical center or something.

(probably won't hear an answer) to this.

Any chance she had contact with a patient who had a hunting accident?

Does anyone have a motive?
Why take her?
Hard to understand who and why.

Authorities are scouring ponds and lakes using high-resolution underwater imaging in their search for a 20-year-old nursing student abducted outside her rural Tennessee home.
A police spokeswoman told FoxNews.com Tuesday that law enforcement is searching underwater as well as in Natchez Trace State Park for any sign of Holly Bobo, last seen being led into the woods outside her Parsons, Tenn., home Wednesday morning.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/19/authorities-search-underwater-clues-disappearance-holly-bobo/#ixzz1JzcJQ2Nt

I will still bet my sizable shoe collection that:

1) its someone local
2) someone that knew Holly (whether she was that familair with him or not)
3) someone that PERHAPS seemed either dangerous enough for her to go with him
into the woods OR safe enough to go (implying some familiarity)
4) possibly someone who has done something similar in the past (whether caught or not)
since this seems to be put together pretty well for a newbie kidnapper
5) the kidnapper knew Hollys brother was home as no noise was made at the
time she was taken and it would have been easier to initially stuff her back into an
empty house to tie her up, subdue her, etc. than to risk walking her around outdoors.
6) the kidnapper had some sort of vehicle (I still think a car or pickup) parked nearby or
near enough.
7) not a burglary or robbery gone bad since seemingly no attempt to enter the home was
made and I still dont think you would dress all in camo, hide a vehicle some distance
away, bring duct tape, and surprise someone and kidnap them if you were after an
Xbox or TV set.

The sex trafficking may apply if it were in a big city. Not likely for them guys to spend the days monitoring the family to know when to attack. Imagine some city guy in the woods getting bitten by bugs and complaining while looking through binoculars.
Misconception. It happens in every city, in every town. Greed powers trafficking and greed is everywhere. If a city guy hired a country boy to bring her to him, anything is possible. She is on facebook, she might have found a predator there and never even known it. However, the Le belief seems to be that she is still in the area, so that makes the trafficking angle (weak at best) a little bit weaker.
Worth exploring, but not highly plausible to me, I just thought I'd throw it out there, since it's weak, but there.

http://www.landwatch.com/Henderson-County-Tennessee-Farms-and-Ranches-for-sale/pid/144010768

Just thinking..... This is a plot of land for sale in Darden. You have to call to set up a showing which leads me to believe that no one is actually on the property. Near the state park, 4 lakes, miles of trails.... Plus, originally being from a small town myself, I am wondering how many camp houses/hunting "sheds" (don't know the right terminology) are in the area. There has to be A LOT. It would be easy to hide out somewhere like that (especially in a home/camp house for sale) for a few days.

Why take her?

Not that I've heard, all the reports say the same thing: good Christian girl, everyone loved her, she seemed to be popular and well liked, natural born nurse...literally the girl next door.

Misconception. It happens in every city, in every town. Greed powers trafficking and greed is everywhere. If a city guy hired a country boy to bring her to him, anything is possible. She is on facebook, she might have found a predator there and never even known it. However, the Le belief seems to be that she is still in the area, so that makes the trafficking angle (weak at best) a little bit weaker.
Worth exploring, but not highly plausible to me, I just thought I'd throw it out there, since it's weak, but there.

I think LE believe she is still in the area and being that they are looking underwater i dont think the outcome will be good ...JMO

Not that I've heard, all the reports say the same thing: good Christian girl, everyone loved her, she seemed to be popular and well liked, natural born nurse...literally the girl next door.

Maybe the if i cant have her no one can mentality!

She is a very pretty girl!

Why take her?

To be blunt the motive (or part of it) is some sort of physical and/or sexual assault. I'm sure he didn't kidnap her so they could go watch Twilight DVDs. Motives can be complicated but probably include infatuation, jealousy, fixation.

Why take her? See above. Can also be so that no one else "can have her"... these are usually very selfish people we are dealing with.

The who and why is probably like most cases... some whack job that thinks if he can't have someone, then no one else can. Being a targeted kidnapping makes me think there is some sort of familiarity between one or both people (Holly and the suspect).

These comments seem sincere in setting the record straight, I believe them to be accurate. What do you guys think?

Posted by:
momtofivegirls Apr-14

She has a few comments, read the one about the top suspect missing.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/comments?type=story&id=13371580

http://abcnews.go.com/US/comments?type=user&loginCode={427D25C6-9A69-4159-BE92-9B7C52EE1012}

When you read the rest of her posts it's really so sad, so touching. This poor family. And sadly, it does sound like the profiling is potentially right in that this likely WILL be someone known to her and the family.

Pretty clearly there is much more of this that we don't know that the family does. If you check out the twitter page of her cousin the singer...a few days ago she said the same basic thing in response to someone...we don't know the true story. That may be the only truth out of this thing so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member