Identified! TN - Jellico, Big Wheel Gap Rd, WhtFem 9-15, 482UFTN, button necklace, bracelet, shoes, Apr'85 - Tracy Sue Walker

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I received an email from NamUs that this UID has two more rule outs added to the list. It looks like Debra Pscholka from California & Melina Creech are the exclusions.

Here's an updated list with more people that isn't as in depth as before:
Joan Hall, Katherine Sybil Worsky, Kase Ann Lee (stranger things have happened), Yvonne Mestas (as stated before in this thread), Victoria Lenore Sanchez, Kathryn Mae Quackenbush, Wendy Huggy, Jennifer Sophia Marteliz, Sharon Baldeagle, Tammy Sue Rothganger, Dean Peters (same as the Sanchez/Mestas), Selinda Winegar, Kimberly King, Tina Faye Kemp, Sandra Butler

3.) Marjorie Christina Luna, age 8, missing from Florida since 1984:/B]
6ZYt434.jpg
ALz7ACt.jpg

...Her abductor would've needed to get through another state before reaching Tennessee, not to mention the fact that Greenacres City, FL is on the East Coast, meaning the abductor would've needed to travel within Florida a lot to even get to Alabama.

Where'd you get Alabama from?
I-75 actually goes to Miami, though goes in a roundabout way in Florida. Just take I-95 up to I-10 to 75. That's how we'd go whenever my family would go somewhere on the east coast of Florida (from central KY).
It would be an easy ride. Other things could rule her out, but that route would be a straight shot for any going from Greenacres to somewhere in "the north" not on the east coast. I-75 wiggles around in southern FL but other than that it is a pretty straight route from Florida to Canada.

I think I have someone who does look a bit like the girl.

Sarah Avon
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/avon_sarah.html

Missing Since Jul 21, 1981
Missing From Joliet, IL
DOB Jan 6, 1975
Age Now 39
Sex Female
Race White
Hair Color Blonde
Eye Color Brown
Height 4'0"
Weight 45 lbs
Sarah was reported missing from her home at approximately 9:00 PM. Sarah has blondish-brown hair. She was last seen wearing a Joliet District soccer t-shirt, blue jogging pants with red and white stripes, and blue tennis shoes with a white stripe.

She's the right age and has the right hair, so I wondered if it could be her. I know that Illinois is a long way from Tennessee, but she does look like the girl.

Oh, and Amy Fandel (vanished in 1978, Alaska, aged 8) also has the same looks. So does Holly Hughes (vanished from NY aged 7 in 1981).

Anubis mentioned this a while back (#34). Anyway, I just can't picture where this poor girl was found. The road is hard to find on online maps (i.e. it's visible on one "topo/terrain," "satellite image" or "map" view but not the other view of the same area). I know where Big Wheel Gap (the actual land formation) is and sometimes there is a road labelled there and sometimes not.

One of the possible reasons the maps are so erratic is that (from looking at the aerial photos) the entire area is spotted with strip mining. It could have literally changed the landscape and cut off the road. Or it could have made living up there unfeasible and the roads are no longer maintained.

In relation to this Doe, whether the place is still around as it was or not, the gap or any road through it would NEVER have been "easily accessible" to anyone that would qualify as a mere "passerby." A truck with 4WD could perhaps make it up there. Some places looked like you might need a smaller 4-Wheeler to pass.

Could she have been found by a mining speculator? Someone going to an old family cememtery?
Or could there be another "Wheel Gap" around Campbell county that it could be? I know there are variations of either "Stone Gap" or "Rock Gap" and other gaps that neighboring counties may have with the same name

She was found by a local looking for Poke Weed to make Poke Salet/Salad who initially found a skull- investigators subsequently found more bones in the vicinity. The area is very rugged and remote and investigators have said previously that they believe someone local or at least familiar with the area is connected to the case. The girl was discarded down a hillside into an abandoned strip mining area. They found less than 1/3 of her bones, which were likely washed away in the exposed terrain.

The investigators seem fairly confident that she was killed and left there in 1983 since the remains were buried under two years' worth of leaves and a 18-24 month old sapling was growing between a vertebrae. The teeth suggest she was probably 12-13 at the time of death and had some dental care.

My thoughts are that she was dumped by someone either local or had previously worked on those mining operations and had good familiarity with the area.

I don't see anything on Namus that is a good match using those parameters assuming automatic DNA exclusions.

She was found by a local looking for Poke Weed to make Poke Salet/Salad who initially found a skull- investigators subsequently found more bones in the vicinity. The area is very rugged and remote and investigators have said previously that they believe someone local or at least familiar with the area is connected to the case. The girl was discarded down a hillside into an abandoned strip mining area. They found less than 1/3 of her bones, which were likely washed away in the exposed terrain.

So the area was being strip mined back then? I could just tell that it had been at some point, but couldn't tell how recently based on the aerial photos.

And I didn't realize that anybody would be hunting for Poke in such an out-of-the-way place. It grows all over the place here (central KY, a little south of Louisville). I have some in my yard now. I collect it for the root, which is supposed to have medicinal properties. It's supposed to be poisonous too, but I ain't dead yet so I guess it can't be that poisonous.

So the area was being strip mined back then? I could just tell that it had been at some point, but couldn't tell how recently based on the aerial photos.

And I didn't realize that anybody would be hunting for Poke in such an out-of-the-way place. It grows all over the place here (central KY, a little south of Louisville). I have some in my yard now. I collect it for the root, which is supposed to have medicinal properties. It's supposed to be poisonous too, but I ain't dead yet so I guess it can't be that poisonous.

The original articles in 85 said it was an abandoned strip mine, so area she was dumped may not be the areas that are presently bare in the aerials. She was covered in leaves then, so likely in an area that has some tree coverage then and now. Regardless, though, this isn't likely a serial killer, but more likely a domestic situation. Not necessarily very local, but someone with knowledge of that area. Possibly unreported missing?

Poke grows well in unmaintained fields and other recently disturbed ground. So, it may have been a logical area to go looking for it.

Updating the list of rule outs;

Sharon Baldeagle
Donna Barnhill
Tammy Belanger
Tracy Byrd
Debra Cole
Carla Corley
Melina Creech
Ruth Ann Fields
Melanie Flynn
Rachael Garden
Ann Gotlib
Mary Ann Hogland-McCluskey
Barbara Jean Hunt
Tricia Kellett
Charlotte Kinsey
Patricia LeBlanc
Sherry Marler
Tiffany Papesh
Shannon Potter
Debra Pscholka
Krist Vorak
Christina White

I know they'd say they'd consider the bones being there since 1979 - not sure if would could investigate any further back?

I'm not sure how they can narrow that down - the weathering on the bones?

I submitted Marjorie Luna as a potential match through the Doe Network. They told me it had already been submitted to both sets of LE.

Forgive me as this is the first time I’ve ever submitted something – where do I go from here? Should I follow up with the NAMUS contact? DNA is available on both sides for comparison, shouldn’t this be an easy rule out?

I submitted Marjorie Luna as a potential match through the Doe Network. They told me it had already been submitted to both sets of LE.

Forgive me as this is the first time I’ve ever submitted something – where do I go from here? Should I follow up with the NAMUS contact? DNA is available on both sides for comparison, shouldn’t this be an easy rule out?

No need to follow-up if they say that they have her submitted to both sets of LE. If they say DNA is available on both sides, they probably have ruled her out already based on the lack of a hit. All they need to do is make sure that both sides are in the same system, and that both sides have profiles that are compatible for comparison. In cases where this occurs, they don't always put the ruled-out persons on the Namus exclusions list.

Has Emma Lorene Vaughn been compared http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/v/vaughn_emma.html? She went missing from Orlando, Florida on July 10, 1982 and is believed to have left willingly (at least initially) as she had a history of running away. She was 14 years old at the time with brown hair and blue eyes, 5'3" tall and 115 pounds, and is described as having extensive dental work. In spite of her young age, she had a child. If no pelvis was recovered with the remains it would be pretty much impossible to determine whether this girl had a prior pregnancy/childbirth. It was rumored that Emma left the local area after a period of time and went to Tennessee with a man, but this was never verified.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back