Identified! TN - Jellico, Big Wheel Gap Rd, WhtFem 9-15, 482UFTN, button necklace, bracelet, shoes, Apr'85 - Tracy Sue Walker

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think she should be reported as well. Too close not to call. Do we know if cantaloupe called it in?
I sent a PM message, I really think that was an amazing observation Cantaloupe had and really should pursue asking them to review it, Cantaloupe caught a great clue!

Agreed with the recent posters about great find by Cantaloupe. Estimated age, new facial composite, necklace and estimated by 1-4 years on surface as exposure (missing in '82 and found in '85) are match up so well with Michelle Wells. It should be her! Call her survive family members for DNA as potential match with this 482UFTN UID.

I wanted to let you all know that I made the Wells/Campbell Co. Jane Doe connection with the necklace back in February of this year. Dr. Jantz from UT said that they have decided to test the dna they have with Wells' sister's dna. I haven't heard any results as of yet, but it's been more than six months, so I'd be happy to email Jantz for a followup. I've been trying to put it to the back of my mind so that I don't go too crazy waiting for an answer. I've included screenshots of my emails below

Attachments

• Wells vs Jane Doe.jpg
    Wells vs Jane Doe.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Did some data collection: UP1577 listed as White Female ages 10-14 PMI 0-4 years
Searched ALL MP 1979-1984 (none missing in 1985 prior to discovery) that met the EXACT search criteria (White, Female, 10-14)
Total located on DOENETWORK and NAMUS: 39; 12 of these EXACT criteria have been ruled out on NAMUS, 2 by posters on here.
This leaves: 25 possible girls matching criteria.
I color coded the information from isotropic testing : "Results suggest she was born and spent the first years of her life in Florida or Central Texas, but moved to a different region of the USA later in her life. She could have potentially lived in the Midwest U.S., Rocky Mountains, Southwest or Pacific Coast the years leading up to her death"
I have attached the spread sheet for review/help from all of you here. There is additional notes on page two on more unlikely matches.
There is 39 little girls missing from 1979-1984 and here is a list of 25 girls that just might be UP1577
Please help me to review and submit the other 25! We have to find this baby girls name!

Attachments

• UP1577.pdf
    435.8 KB · Views: 46
Did some data collection: UP1577 listed as White Female ages 10-14 PMI 0-4 years
Searched ALL MP 1979-1984 (none missing in 1985 prior to discovery) that met the EXACT search criteria (White, Female, 10-14)
Total located on DOENETWORK and NAMUS: 39; 12 of these EXACT criteria have been ruled out on NAMUS, 2 by posters on here.
This leaves: 25 possible girls matching criteria.
I color coded the information from isotropic testing : "Results suggest she was born and spent the first years of her life in Florida or Central Texas, but moved to a different region of the USA later in her life. She could have potentially lived in the Midwest U.S., Rocky Mountains, Southwest or Pacific Coast the years leading up to her death"
I have attached the spread sheet for review/help from all of you here. There is additional notes on page two on more unlikely matches.
There is 39 little girls missing from 1979-1984 and here is a list of 25 girls that just might be UP1577
Please help me to review and submit the other 25! We have to find this baby girls name!

So is it safe to say based off your list that we could possibly also rule out the ones that have DNA on file since it was probably automatically ran through the system?

So is it safe to say based off your list that we could possibly also rule out the ones that have DNA on file since it was probably automatically ran through the system?

Would this depend on the type of DNA on record? I thought I read somewhere here that there were issues with older DNA samples in Namus maybe not being able to be matched to newer ones? Someone whose been at this longer than me would know more though.

No, She can not be rulled out by DNA on file cases, Unfortunately.
CarlK discovered and posted Dec 2011 that: They have both Nuclear (nucDNA) and Mitochondrial (mtDNA) on her. However, since the nucDNA profile was extracted at Bode Laboratories (a private company), they cannot enter it in CODIS.

Would this depend on the type of DNA on record? I thought I read somewhere here that there were issues with older DNA samples in Namus maybe not being able to be matched to newer ones? Someone whose been at this longer than me would know more though.

Correct, I am under the impression her DNA requires manual comparison too rule out on the MP on the list, and additionally, this list is NOT exhaustive, this 1st list includes ONLY 10-14 year olds, it does not include 8-16 year olds which I plan to run after exhausting this current list.

I have attached a further drill down of the 25 girls, Since she was grouped into the Red Headed Murders, I included that case information in stratifying the most likely of matches.
Please understand I know and also feel that this is completely subjective, and that this is just the only scientific way I could formulate to rate the data.
I do know it could be the least likely on the list and also not associated with the Red Head murders, but when rationalizing why to review for a match to LE, I felt this was at least valid rationalization.
A point value was assigned to each girl, because of the Red Head Murders, hitchhiking and Red hair earned a likelihood point.
Point system used:
1: isotropic match for recent locations
1: isotropic match for birth place
1: history of hitchhiking
1: Unknown / little known about disappearance OR lack of familial involvement
1: Red head

Patricia Taylor 4 points: Isotropic for recent location/ Possible hitchhiking/ lack of familial involvement/ Red hair
Tammy Surdam: 3 points: Isotropic for recent location/ Possible hitchhiking/ Red (strawberry) hair
Angela Meeker: 2 points: Isotropic for recent location/ Hitchhiking
Diane Dye: Isotropic for recent location/ Possible Hitchhicking
Alma Root: Isotropic for recent location/ Hitchhiking
Lisa Sexton: Isotropic for recent location/ Red hair
Stacey Arras: Isotropic for recent location/ red (strawberry) hair
Sondra Rambler: Isotropic for recent location/ Little known about disappearance.

Additional Notes in the far right field, please tell me your thoughts and how this could be better reviewed or any additional information you have that could contribute and if anyone feels strongly about submitting, I actually have my two on the list that I think strongly could be the DOE and they didn't rank at the top of the list at all, but I'm trying to drill this down in the most efficient way possible to give this little girl a name as soon as possible

Here is the drill down/Redhead Murder version of the girls

Attachments

• UP1577drill down.pdf
    478.1 KB · Views: 11

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members