Unclassified Victims **MERGED**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What is it about Long Island's South Shore marshland that over and over again ends up making it
the ultimate dumping place for these killings? Typically desolate? One side being water means fewer people around? The perp/s would ruin a lot of sneakers that way--so are they wearing boots kept in their vehicle for work, or just this purpose, or both? Marshes are unfriendly places, filled with sharp reeds, smelly mud and ticks--nasty places to walk into carrying a body, even for a little while. Who'd be used to them, and the shore? Fishermen? Boaters? Duck hunters?

Last edited:
What is it about Long Island's South Shore marshland that over and over again ends up making it
the ultimate dumping place for these killings? Typically desolate? One side being water means fewer people around? The perp/s would ruin a lot of sneakers that way--so are they wearing boots kept in their vehicle for work, or just this purpose, or both? Marshes are unfriendly places, filled with sharp reeds, smelly mud and ticks--nasty places to walk into carrying a body, even for a little while. Who'd be used to them, and the shore? Fishermen? Boaters? Duck hunters?

I believe you described all the reasons the south shore would be an ideal dumping ground for bodies. Relatively remote, wet, muddy, few people coming through.

I believe you described all the reasons the south shore would be an ideal dumping ground for bodies. Relatively remote, wet, muddy, few people coming through.
I Agree. I used to live near that area and would drive there at night with my ex a lot (this was post 2012). Very desolate and vast especially at night. Marsh one side beach other side. I know this has probably been brought up but beings as there is Jones Beach near there and what not... what about state park people? I vaguely remember people looking at your passes and stuff during the summer. What about people who worked at restaurants during the summer time too?? Fisherman, local beach authority, duck hunters and boaters alike.. Could all be possible. There are so many aspects to this case. I do feel as though the person had to have a level of knowledge of the area or that it had to have had some kind of personal meaning to them.

I haven't been on this site in a while, so it's difficult to find certain articles & cases through the search engine.

I found this article interesting, & by no means am I placing this article here thinking this guy is LISK, because LISK seems more organized & patient pulling in his victims.

But it is an interesting article on showing how pervasive these guys are in NY.

His next court date is Jan 24th.

Man charged with attempted kidnappings appears in federal court

A federal judge Friday set the next court hearing for a Coram man charged with attempting to kidnap two female sex workers for January.

At a brief status conference for Andrew Frey, 54, U.S. District Judge Denis Hurley in Central Islip scheduled January 24th for the next hearing in the case with the agreement of both a federal prosecutor and the defense attorney.

Frey was arrested earlier in the month and charged in two separate incidents in which he allegedly solicited women for sex. Officials said when he attempted to kidnap the women, they jumped out of his moving van and escaped.

Frey, a married father of two who manages an aircraft parts factory in Melville, was charged with two counts each of attempted kidnapping and attempted sex trafficking. He has pleaded not guilty.

Frey was held without bail after his arrest after Eastern District Assistant United States Attorney Monica Castro said he has a previous history of “violent behavior against sex workers.”

In the past, officials said a sex worker got an order of protection against Frey after he rammed his vehicle into her car, and she subsequently said he had violated the order by leaving threatening messages on her voice mail.

In the current case, prosecutors said, Frey attempted in October of 2018 take one of the sex workers to a secluded spot by force but she escaped; and attempted to do the same thing with the second sex worker in July 2019. That woman also fled.

Even after those incidents, Frey continued to contact one of the female sex workers, trying a second time _ and using a weapon _ to take her by force. She again evaded the kidnapping attempt, officials said.

Handcuffs were found in Frey’s vehicle that he planned to use in the kidnappings, officials said. In Frey’s home, investigators found rope, zip ties, manuals on knot tying, a firearm and ammunition, officials said.

Frey has previous convictions for criminal possession of a controlled substance, criminal possession of stolen property, criminal mischief, and unauthorized use of a vehicle, officials said.

Frey’s wife, Gina, who was in court with their daughter, declined to comment, except to say: “We would just like our privacy to be respected.”

Frey’s defense attorney, federal public defender Tracey Gaffey, declined to comment, as did prosecutor Castro.

If convicted, Frey faces a mandatory minimum sentence of 15 years in prison.

Officials asked anyone with information about the case, or any other potential victims to contact the FBI at 800-CALL-FBI.

Man charged with attempted kidnapping appears in court

Just something I'd like to add to the Andrew Frey case. Good find btw.

In watching a news story on Cherries, that was posted back in Feb this year (2020) I noticed what appears to be the words written on what looks like an envelope "ropes & wires."

Now it's not unheard of for a killer to use ropes and wires, but it's something to note. I did not remember seeing anything pertaining to Cherries' case w ropes & wires prior to this footage. The police stated they found "rope and zip ties" in Andrew's home.

Also another thing is, is that the two sex workers that were with Andrew & got away from him, were in the months of July & October.

Below is video footage:

Police Hope Tattoo Helps Solve Cold Case Murder — Possibly Tied To Gilgo Beach Killer.

Skeletal remains were found April 13, 2021 in West Brook Pond in Suffolk County. This pond is located in the town of Islip and is managed by the New York State Parks Department. It sits between two state parks: Connetquot River State Park and the Bayard Cutting Arboretum State Park. Kind of lodged between the Sunrise Highway (NY 27) is to the north, Montauk Highway (NY 27-A) to the south, and the Southern State Parkway/Heckscher State Parkway to the west.

I've often wondered if Fire Island Jane Doe's legs were placed along the Connetquot River or some other waterway in this area - and travelled across the bay to Fire Island where they were discovered.

Andre Isaac's skull was found in a pond at the corner of Montauk Highway and Barnes Road a few towns over.

Human Remains Discovered In West Brook Pond: Police

Police: Human remains found in pond

May 3, 2021
A human skeleton was found in a marsh in Mastic Beach Sunday after police was alerted to the discovery by a local group that picked up trash at the beach.

Seventh Precinct officers responded to a 911 call "saying a body had been found by a cleaning crew near Washington Drive in Mastic Beach around 1:35 p.m.," police said.

The remains were taken to the Office of the Suffolk County Medical Examiner for an autopsy to determine cause of death and identity, police said.
Human remains found in Mastic Beach marsh, cops say

May 3, 2021
A human skeleton was found in a marsh in Mastic Beach Sunday after police was alerted to the discovery by a local group that picked up trash at the beach.

Seventh Precinct officers responded to a 911 call "saying a body had been found by a cleaning crew near Washington Drive in Mastic Beach around 1:35 p.m.," police said.

The remains were taken to the Office of the Suffolk County Medical Examiner for an autopsy to determine cause of death and identity, police said.
Human remains found in Mastic Beach marsh, cops say
Has anyone heard anything about this again? Any updates?

EVE ESKIN BROWN

Eve Eskin Brown, 29, from Plainview Long Island
Missing: 10 July 1999, from Queens
Found: 15 November 2000, in Brooklyn, dismembered, placed in a bag
Her car, Geo Prizm, was found about 6 weeks later in Brooklyn (A thief was interrogated) . Her phone was also traced to a man who claimed he stole it.

She was found on the construction site of Gateway Mall, which was used once as a landfill then left untouched as an undeveloped lot for a period of time.

Eve was 5 months pregnant when she was missing

Using dental records, authorities last week identified decomposed remains inside a plastic bag found at the Brooklyn construction site Nov. 15 as those of Eve Brown.

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE STORY

++++
Detective Edward Reuss, a spokesman for the New York City Police Department, said workers found a human skull and human bones on the ground at 63-54 Belt Parkway at 11:25 a.m. on Nov. 15.

The workers were installing a fence between Pennsylvania Avenue and the Fresh Creek Basin near Starrett City, he said. The remains were taken to the office of the New York City medical examiner. Yesterday, they were identified as Mrs. Brown's through dental X-rays, said Ellen S. Borakove, a spokeswoman for the office.

The remote and weeded area had long been reputed as a Mafia dumping ground – made famous by boasts from Brooklyn gangster Roy DeMeo that he had dumped hundreds of bodies there.
++++

+++
November 26, 2000 | 5:00am
Investigators yesterday searched for new clues about a the death of a pregnant Long Island woman – scouring the site where her remains were found, where they discovered two new bones, sources said.
It was unclear whether the new findings – an ankle bone and a hip bone, sources said – are part of Eve Brown’s remains.
They were found near where workers building a shopping mall about 30 feet off the Belt Parkway in Brooklyn discovered Brown’s remains on Nov. 15, the sources said. On Friday, police said the remains belonged to Brown, a 29-year-old mom-to-be who vanished without a trace on July 10, 1999.

The lot where Brown was found has long been a reputed dumping ground for mob killings, meaning the new bones could belong to someone else.
++++

+++
Mrs. Brown, a counselor at a nursing home, was last seen on July 10, 1999, by her husband, Mr. Brown told the police that his wife said she was going to visit a girlfriend in Freeport, but it was later discovered that Mrs. Brown's friend was vacationing in the Caribbean at the time. The pregnant Long Island woman whose remains were discovered at a Brooklyn construction site Nov. 15 was enmeshed in a love triangle when she vanished, sources said yesterday.

Nassau County detectives interviewed Eve Brown's secret lover early in their missing person investigation. Sources said the man, who has no criminal record, readily cooperated with investigators.

Larry Brown, 32, had agreed to several interviews with Nassau detectives shortly after his raven-haired wife vanished. But Carman [Larry's lawyer] said he's ruled out any more interviews with cops for his client. "We've been very cooperative with detectives, made personal documents and computers available to them," Carman said. "My position that he won't be made available for repetitive interrogations is not a lack of cooperation. "Any information they need," he added, "they can get from Larry through me.

Eve Brown's parents lashed out at their son-in-law yesterday, saying he's shunned the family and hasn't cooperated with the investigation. Her mother, Bonnie Eskin, told Channel 11 that Larry Brown refused to talk to a private investigator hired by the family. She also charged that he had failed a lie detector test. Carman told Channel 11 that cops once hooked up his client to a polygraph, but the lawyer doesn't know whether a full test was given. "He distanced himself from the investigation and hasn't been with the family," said Jay Eskin, Eve Brown's father.

" Carman said his client "had nothing to do with his wife's disappearance or death" and is as eager as the Eskin family to uncover the truth. Larry Brown told the Daily News in July 1999 that his was the "perfect marriage" and that the couple had been trying to conceive for more than a year when his wife became pregnant with their first child. She was five months pregnant when she disappeared.
++++

+++
Bonnie Eskin had last seen her daughter July 10, 1999 at Shea Stadium. She and her husband, Jay, accompanied Eve and her husband, Larry Brown, to a Yankees-Mets game.

Jay Eskin admits he cannot be 100 percent certain there were no other men in Eve's life. He thinks it's extremely unlikely.

During the day she worked as a counselor at the Queens-Nassau Rehabilitation Center, a nursing home for the victims of traumatic head injuries.

At night she ran a marriage guidance service, a business she started in 1997.

But the Eskins cannot help being suspicious of Eve's husband, who hired a lawyer within hours of Eve's disappearance. He denies any involvement in his wife's murder but Bonnie Eskin says she feels, at the very least, that Eve died because Larry did not take proper care of her.

"I blame Larry Brown for not protecting my daughter," says Bonnie. "He let her do things on her own that put her in harms way."
++++

+++
The family of the pregnant Long Island woman whose remains were found at a Brooklyn construction site this month are sharing their grief with the woman's husband, her sister said yesterday. "He's just as devastated as we are," Shari Eskin, 25, said of Larry Brown, the husband of her deceased sister, Eve Brown.
++++

+++
The night Eve disappeared, she left Shea early with Larry so she would not get bumped by the crowds. By the time Bonnie and Jay left Shea, Eve was already at home, resting on her bed. Eve told her mother she planned to visit her friend Tessa, a former Queens-Nassau employee.

AT 7 p.m. she left home dressed in black shorts and a black T-shirt. She was carrying a back pack containing a sweater and long pants, in case she decided to sleep over at Tessa's. She was driving her black Geo Prism. It is the next few hours which probably hold the key to what happened to Eve.
++++

+++
According to her cellular phone records, she made three calls to Tessa as she drove towards the Queens-Nassau center where she planned to pick up messages - they were retrieved at 7:40 p.m.

The puzzle here is that Tessa had no plans to see Eve. In fact Tessa was in the Dominican Republic at her grandmother's funeral. This initially led Suffolk County police to suspect that Eve had arranged a tryst with a lover.
++++

SCPD implies she was making a lie arrangement with Tessa.

+++
Cops yesterday [27 Nov 2000] interviewed Brown’s parents, and began to pore through files compiled since she vanished 16 months ago. Sources had no details on Brown’s apparent boyfriend. But Brooklyn detectives plan to reinterview more than 30 people questioned in the original probe of her July 1999 disappearance.

Workers found Eve Brown’s remains, wrapped in a plastic bag, at a construction site near the Belt Parkway Nov. 15, and the medical examiner identified them Friday.
++++

The remains can not be identified as a pregnant woman because her body was dismembered.

+++
Police Baffled by Disappearance Of Pregnant Long Island Woman
Published: July 14, 1999

The woman, Eve Brown, 29, was last seen around 7:20 P.M. on Saturday by her husband, Larry, as she backed her black 1994 Chevy Geo out of the driveway of their new home at 100 Jamaica Avenue, in Plainview, N.Y., the police said. Mr. Brown said his wife told him she was going to see a friend in Freeport, about 15 miles away, according to the police.

But the missing woman's friend was not at home, the police said, because she had flown to the Dominican Republic several days earlier. Mrs. Brown's car has not been recovered, and the only clue is a telephone call the police said was made from her cell phone around 7:30 P.M. the day she disappeared. The police did not say who had made the call.

According to her cell-phone records, Eve made a call to her office in Wantagh - retrieving her message at 7:40 p.m. The call to Wantagh was the last made by Eve that night.

Then, it's presumed, she drove toward Tessa's home in Freeport. But Tessa was nowhere near New York - she was in the Dominican Republic at her grandmother's funeral - and some investigators think Eve was using Tessa as a cover for an illicit meeting of some sort.
++++

She's not going to Freeport (i.e. friend Tessa)

+++
At 1 a.m. (July 11), Larry called his wife's cell phone but got no answer. He had plans to leave early the following morning for the next of the three Yankee-Mets games and may have assumed his wife was staying with Tessa. Larry went to sleep but was awake by 6 a.m. At 9 a.m., with still no word from Eve, he called Bonnie Eskin.

"I can still hear his voice, asking if we had heard from Eve," she [Bonnie] says. "Immediately my skin went ice cold. I could sense something was terribly wrong." EVE had never been absent like that before. She had always kept in close contact. Throughout her life, she had never been in any kind of trouble. "I could set my watch by Eve's telephone calls," Larry Brown told police. "When she didn't call that Saturday it was like time had stopped."

For the next 10 days, it was as if Eve had been abducted by aliens. There were no sightings and she made no contact. Then, on July 31, came the telephone call.

"The phone rang and on my caller ID I saw Eve's cell-phone number," says Jay. "I felt like my heart jumped from my mouth and bounced against the walls."

Jay answered the call and a male voice said "hello," and then hung up. The phone rang three more times with similar results.

Eve's father knew his daughter might have been hurt by somebody the moment she went missing, but those calls left him staring at the bleak reality she might be dead.

++++

+++
They also jogged his memory about a strange incident two days before the baseball game. "Eve told us on Thursday she had fallen out with somebody at work," Jay says.

"She told us she was afraid of going back. That was strange because my daughter was hardly ever afraid of anything."

POLICE have asked the Eskins not to identify the person Eve had a spat with.

But Bo Dietl Associates, a prominent private-investigation firm the family has hired, says the workplace argument angle seems to be a dead end. Eve went to work on Friday as planned and later told her family she had no problems with any of her co-workers that day.
++++

+++
Police in the 67th Precinct, with assistance from the NYPD Technical Assistance Resource Unit, traced the mysterious calls to a man who told them Eve's phone had been stolen from a U-Haul truck.

The next day, Eve's car was found in a chop shop a few yards from the U-Haul. With it was trace evidence that at last brought the Eskins some hope of closure.

"There was no sign of anything belonging to Eve but there was blood on the steering column," says Bonnie. "I thought we might quickly find her body or a suspect."

Instead they found a small-time car thief. He had watched Eve's unlocked Prism sit on Church Avenue between Bedford and Rogers in Brooklyn for a week - where it got two parking tickets even though there was an all-points bulletin on the car.

ON JULY 20, the thief pounced. Finding the keys on the floor he drove it to an alleyway where he removed the mirrors before cutting himself trying to pry out the airbag. The car thief was questioned and released. He offered no information about the whereabouts of Eve Eskin. And that is all there has been by way of tangible clues.
++++

+++
Detectives are continuing to press for leads in the cold murder case of a pregnant Long Island woman whose dismembered body was found stuffed into a plastic bag in a vacant Brooklyn lot, police said yesterday.

Police thought they had a break when they determined that Brown made a call from her cell phone the night of her disappearance. Investigators were able to determine the call had been made from within a few blocks of the Valley Stream home of one of her co-workers, Patrick Kingland.

Detectives searched Kingland’s house in February, took a DNA sample and brought him to Brooklyn for questioning – but the case remains open.
++++

+++
Her husband reported Eve missing the next day. Nearly six weeks after Brown disappeared, her stripped-down car, a black 1994 Geo Prizm, turned up in an alley in Flatbush, Brooklyn. The license plates, an air bag and other parts had been stolen, but investigators reportedly found no signs of violence.
++++

TWO MORE BODIES WERE FOUND ON THE SAME LOT

The construction of a shopping mall in East New York, designed to bring upscale shopping to the beleaguered neighborhood, has turned up two grim reminders of the area’s violent past. A digging crew at a landfill off the Belt Parkway in eastern Brooklyn – site of the new Gateway Center mall – found a decomposing human body in a plastic bag Wednesday, cops said.

On Thursday, they found another one.

Work was halted Wednesday so police could remove the body of a female, whose legs were bound. The victim appeared to be a black woman in her 20s, dead less than two years, cops estimated. When digging began again on Thursday, another body surfaced from amid the rubble, the skeleton of a male of undetermined age and race – with an apparent bullet hole in his head, police said. Police believe he’s been dead for more than two years.

Remains Unearthed in Brooklyn Are Those of a Missing Woman (Published 2000)

Police Baffled by Disappearance Of Pregnant Long Island Woman (Published 1999)

PREGNANT WOMAN’S ‘99 SLAY REOPENED

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/slain-woman-affair-article-1.938394

PREGNANT VICTIM’S ‘DOUBLE LIFE’

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/remains-id-woman-article-1.883029

BONES FOUND NEAR REMAINS OF L.I. WOMAN

GRISLY GRAVES UNEARTHED – B’KLYN MALL DIG FINDS 2 BODIES

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/widower-in-laws-grieving-article-1.891809
I wonder if they have looked at Rex Heuermann for this?
Did he go to marriage counselling?
Did he have work ties to the building site?

Sorry if this is repetitive or a rehash of what has already been posted. I didn't go through every post. I am looking at missing women in the tri-state specifically linked to drugs, prostitution, or strip clubs, as they would be more likely to fit the LISK's victim profile.

I am thinking specifically of these cases as the most likely to be linked. I am sure you have looked at NY cases ad nauseum, so I focused on cases in CT, NJ, and PA.

Danielle Day
2001, Lindenwold, NJ
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/day_danielle.html
- "addicted to heroin and crack cocaine in 2001";
- "at the time of her disappearance, she worked as an exotic dancer at the now defunct Fantasy Show Bar on Black Horse PIke"
- "involved in prostitution at the time of her disappearance";
- "frequently spent time in Brooklyn NY, Philly PA, and Camden NJ"

Kenya Hickson
2001, Newark NJ
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hickson_kenya.html
- history of drug abuse
- uses street names and aliases

Tamika Howard
2008, Newark NJ
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/howard_tamika.html
- history of drug abuse
- worked as a prostitute in Essex County NJ, frequented abandoned buildings