TN TN - Jennifer Wix, 22, & Adrianna Wix, 2, Cross Plains, 24 March 2004 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Afterthought, do we know the last time a member of their immediate family physically saw them, or close friends outside of the B family?

Hey guys - I found a list of media outlets on one of the missing persons websites under resources. I sent all of them my "form letter" asking for assistance and links to the girls website and the topix forum. So far I am only getting back the standard auto replies but I am confident that one of these letters is going to reach "THE" person. Today I am going to hit the local media. The reporters all have their personal business emails listed on most as opposed to the national ones. I am also going to talk to one of my friends today that has contacts everywhere, she is one of those people that everyone knows and she has pull everywhere. She has already offered to help any way possible.

Also, since I am new on WS, what exactly is the Parking Lot?

Kimster- I think there may be a TON of info on Topix that needs to be organized. I started at page one and have read every single post but I have to say it is more info than I can process. What do you think about me and you going through say maybe two or three pages per day and trying to organize what has been said and by whom? We could either start a Word document or Excel sheet and send that back and forth with our notes to get it organized. What do you think?

I also read that the story was featured on Nancy Grace via Court TV on Wednesday, May 25th of 2005...anything come of that airing? Has anyone contacted the show "Without A Trace?" They feature a missing person at the end of each show, then the following morning, "The Early Show" recaps the case of the featured missing person/persons from the previous night's show. I sent an email to "48 Hours" and CBS News, but was unable to find contact info for the others.

I also read that the story was featured on Nancy Grace via Court TV on Wednesday, May 25th of 2005...anything come of that airing? Has anyone contacted the show "Without A Trace?" They feature a missing person at the end of each show, then the following morning, "The Early Show" recaps the case of the featured missing person/persons from the previous night's show. I sent an email to "48 Hours" and CBS News, but was unable to find contact info for the others.

Here is the link I found witht he media contacts. Some of them had failures but most were good. http://www.angelgardenofhope.com/mediaresourcelist.html
I am trying to find a listing of some of the reporters that are on the TruTV shows or other similar shows so we can email them directly if possible. I will post anything i can find. Thanks!

Odd thought but..... I wonder if the area around the gas station where Joey says he dropped them off has been searched? There is a lot of open land close to there... Just a thought.

Odd thought but..... I wonder if the area around the gas station where Joey says he dropped them off has been searched? There is a lot of open land close to there... Just a thought.

I wondered this too. He has given an explanation as to why his vehicle was parked nearby for a time. Of course, he was just being a gentleman, waiting to be sure the girls were picked up. You know, because he was so concerned for their safety. :rolleyes:

Kimster- I think there may be a TON of info on Topix that needs to be organized. I started at page one and have read every single post but I have to say it is more info than I can process. What do you think about me and you going through say maybe two or three pages per day and trying to organize what has been said and by whom? We could either start a Word document or Excel sheet and send that back and forth with our notes to get it organized. What do you think?

THANK YOU! Please do that! I believe that is what is needing to be done and with what I have going on here, it might take me a very long time!

Emily, I think we need to get a timeline done and a list of players. That way we can "market" the story better to the media. If we do a lot of the homework, it won't seem so confusing to them. After we get a basic timeline done, we can fill in the story with the details.

I think I read somewhere that Kathy did this herself. We needs dates on that too! I think she even said there is a missing persons billboard over there somewhere, or there was?

I think I read somewhere that Kathy did this herself. We needs dates on that too! I think she even said there is a missing persons billboard over there somewhere, or there was?

There is a billboard still on I65 going toward Nashville. It is in a good location and I have no idea who paid to keep it there but God bless them. I also know that Peggy(Kathy's mom) said that one of the major shows (Datline I think) was interested when the disapearance first happened but did not do a show because the LE wouldn't be interviewed because it was an ongoing case. I think she was going to contact the producer again because one of our people asked Det Bennett if he would agree to discuss what he could with media and he agreed. I will see if I can get ahold of her and ask. Keep your fingers crossed.

Someone on the Topix board started a great idea! We can download the missing persons posters of the girls and put them up in our own towns where missing persons are posted! (I know there's one in my local grocery store!)

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200401299S
Oh, please please do this. My local grocery store is the WM in Franklin KY and they do not have it posted because get this " if they are still alive they are not in this area". There is so much wrong with this system I can't even tell you where to start. Lord help us all.

I'm looking through this thread and another thing we need to do is put all the media links together. My brain is on overload trying to sort through all the great ideas that everyone has here! Any volunteers?

Today I talked to Lt. Bennett for a brief time. Because this is an ongoing investigation, he can't give us details. He did say he wants nothing more than to find the girls. Think about it, he's been working on this case for 5 years, too. Let's all do something nice for him and send him thank you cards from all over the country!

Lt. Don Bennett
Robertson County Sheriff's Office
507 South Brown Street
Springfield, TN. 37172

Let's recognize and thank those who have been searching for the girls for a long, long time!

Kathy,

I just found the poll they posted on Topix, how inhumane can they get?

http://www.topix.net/forum/city/cross-plains-tn/TUQ5CG92738E72B3R

I see once again JB has included his famous work of Fiction, the "What I Know" speech. I wonder how many times he has posted that on the internet...

BTW:

I have tried to find the article you mentioned in The Tennessean's archives with no results. They archive articles on their site for a year, so I do not undrstand why I cannot find it, I can find other articles in random searches from March of 2008. I have emailed them requesting a link if one can be found, I will post the link if I am able to get it.

Another person that comes to my mind is Lisa Stebic's cousin, Melanie Greenberg. She did a great job of keeping Lisa's case in the media, and I have read that she and her husband do work to help the families of other missing people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member