TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the latest police affidavit, it reveals that Teresa watched her husband kill Jo Ann Bain in a garage in Whiteville. She also told investigators Mayes killed Adrienne in the same town. She admits to driving the vehicle with the bodies inside it to Alpine, MS, where they were found buried in a backyard.

During the interview, Teresa also stated that Adam Mayes' plan was to kidnap the two younger girls. The murders of Jo Ann and Adrienne were directly part of the kidnapping.

From the link in the last thread. WOW!!

I knew it !
I said he killed them back at the house i wonder if the younger girls watched this!
These ppl need to fry for this !
Premeditated kidnapping and murder!

I hope this news conf isnt something really bad
lets say a prayer peeps!

Yes, but why kill the other 2? Why not just kidnap the younger ones? There is no reason to kill JB and AB unless he was angry at JB (or GB and wanted to hurt him) or JB/AB interfered with his trying to take the two younger girls.

Can anyone think of any other reason?

If he just kidnapped the younger ones, then he would have become a suspect. Whereas all 4 go missing and police think mother left her husband and run away.
Which apparently did work for a little while, as police might have originally believed mother left voluntarily.

From what I read in the article, he killed Adrienne in the same garage outside the house where he killed Joann.

Yes, the article says in the same town but the affidavit is more specific and says Adrienne was killed at the same location as JoAnn.

That is far enough away no one would have heard much. Makes you wonder if he laid in wait for them to come out to go to school. That is the only way I can see getting them all out of the house without noise.

Or maybe said he'd drive them to school? But that seems like it would have been a non-violent way to get them.....unless JB got suspicious. It seems the family had trusted him in the past....but maybe Jo Ann was getting uncomfortable with him? I wonder what she was venting about....when she wrote on her FB page that a good venting can make you feel better.

SurfieTV...you asked in prev. thread if TM and MM were arrested Sunday, 4/29. They were arrested last Sunday, 5/6 (Jo Ann's and Adrienne's :rose: :rose: bodies were discovered on Saturday, 5/5). Links to that info already posted in several places on prev. thread.

Did not read about the cell phones and backpacks in an article. Must have missed it. Wait. If the backpacks were in the house, why didn't GB think something was wrong earlier? Your kids wouldn't go to school without their backpacks. You would not think ALL of them forgot.

My point exactly; kids do not go to school without their backpacks...the asthma medication was also left behind...not believable that they voluntarily left home!

I knew it !
I said he killed them back at the house i wonder if the younger girls watched this!
These ppl need to fry for this !
Premeditated kidnapping and murder!

I hope this news conf isnt something really bad
lets say a prayer peeps!

Strangulation wouldn't leave a blood trail.

Or maybe said he'd drive them to school? But that seems like it would have been a non-violent way to get them.....unless JB got suspicious. It seems the family had trusted him in the past....but maybe Jo Ann was getting uncomfortable with him? I wonder what she was venting about....when she wrote on her FB page that a good venting can make you feel better.

Since he was so interested in the children if he just kidnapped them, I assume he would immediately become a suspect. I think murder of the other two was a cover up, so police could think mother run away from her husband with the kids.

I think TM's lawyer is going to point out her mental problems and abuse and try to get her less time on the charges. Although there are not too many cases that are considered for the insanity plea.

Since he was so interested in the children if he just kidnapped them, I assume he would immediately become a suspect. I think murder of the other two was a cover up, so police could think mother run away from her husband with the kids.

I agree... and apparently he and Teresa don't have enough brain cells between the two of them to take the medication, backpacks, and some clothes before leaving. Stupid, meet evil. Evil, meet stupid.

Did not read about the cell phones and backpacks in an article. Must have missed it. Wait. If the backpacks were in the house, why didn't GB think something was wrong earlier? Your kids wouldn't go to school without their backpacks. You would not think ALL of them forgot.

Great point, Ghostwheel! Things are moving so fast here I hadn't even considered that.

Exactly. I was just thinking the exact same thing!!!!! Wth????

I think TM's lawyer is going to point out her mental problems and abuse and try to get her less time on the charges. Although there are not too many cases that are considered for the insanity plea.

Yep...to wit:

Johnson said she has asked for a mental health evaluation of her client.
According to an arrest warrant, Teresa Mayes admitted driving Jo Ann Bain and her three daughters from Hardeman County to Union County, Mississippi. Bain and her daughter Adrienne suffered "serious bodily injury as a result of their removal or confinement," according to the warrant.

Convictions carry possible sentences of 15 to 60 years in prison under Tennessee law. Bond has been set at $500,000 for Teresa Mayes and $300,000 for Mary Frances Mayes, deputy clerk Rhonda Sipes said. Both women are slated to make their next appearance in court on May 22.

Bobbi Booth, Teresa Mayes' sister, spoke to CNN's Anderson Cooper on Tuesday about Adam Mayes and his relationship with her sister, who she said has mental health problems.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/09/justice/tennessee-missing-children/

just my :twocents: but until I hear more details and info and these other two girls are recovered I have zero feelings about Teresa who has been charged with four counts of agg kidnapping and now first degree murder

:moo:

I totally respect your feelings, and for now, this is how I feel. I really didn't expect many to agree with my feelings, just put them out there.

Help you all--with my memory--Is Whiteville where the Bain's lived? If so they were killed in their garage? As hubby slept? TM drove the bodies to MS? Where does Guntown come from? Oh my I am so confused..I live in TN and never heard of these places..Does anyone know if TN has the DP?

Great point, Ghostwheel! Things are moving so fast here I hadn't even considered that.

If each child kept their backpack and cellphone and inhaler in their own rooms, he might not have noticed. He only noticed his wife wasn't answering her phone. Even if he heard her phone ringing in the house, he might have thought she just forgot it. He probably didn't call the daughters' phones if he thought they were in class. Who would think their life was about to unravel like this?

From CNN comment:

"Teresa Mayes admitted to watching Adam Mayes kill both Jo Ann and her daughter in the family's garage that night and then drive the bodies and the two little girls to MS. The plan all along was to kidnap the little girls and kill Jo Ann and Adrienne"

My theory, Adam was having a sexual relationship with one or both of the two youngest daughters and did not want to lose this upon the family move to Arizona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_ks