TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm struggling with wanting him dead, and wanting him alive. If he dies, he took the easy way out and there is no justice for JB, or AB, and of course for AB & KB.

If he survives, I want him to be able to understand everything as he sits in court and faces charges, prison and then the death penalty.

I have such a terrible headache at the moment! :(

feeling mixed on this too Patty G ...I really would like to see him stand trail- if he dies now, it is the easy way out...his victims need a chance to speak their piece to him

Kind of OT...
I'm sorry but the 'Found Safe' tag on this thread is very misleading. No one was found safe...there bodies were found! and now 2 other girls are missing...and in danger. NONE of this says 'safe' to me!!

No! The two missing girls have been found safe! And Adam Mayes is either dead or in critical condition after a self inflicted GSW.

They are safe, those two little ones!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FBI PressOffice ‏ @FBIPressOffice
#mostwanted- MS officers assigned to FBI task force have recovered 2 missing Tenn girls and located Top Ten fugitive Adam Mayes

Glad I don't work in the ER of the hospital he's being taken to, not sure if many of the hospitals in the area area capable of handling a traumatic case as serious as this. If I were working there and knew I was gonna get him as a patient, I'd get real sick and have to go home!

They will have to work on him...they took that oath,lol..I know you know this Isabelle as you are a nurse.....but I am with you...think I would have to leave,lol.

ETA: Tupelo has one of the finest hospital areas around...they are topnotch. One of my local stations say he was taken to New Albany though....I would imagine it is much smaller.

I feel like if he kills himself it is sort of an empty ending, in the sense of closure. I think these girls, and Gary, need to face him in court and see justice be served. Even though that is not an easy thing at all.

But how fair would it be if he ends up in the medical end of the prison, cannot be given death sentence if mentally a veg after a head shot. I just don't want any breaks given to this guy. Also, don't want the girls to have to ever have to see his face again.... IMHO

I can not believe some stations are playing repeats of afternoon shows and not breaking in for this! UGH!

Exactly! I learned about it here and I can't find anything on any local or national news stations. The latest news is here.
There are some news trailers at the bottom of the screen, but this is FRONT PAGE news.
Thank goodness for the internet and sites like this.

Can we all take a moment of silence and remember JB and AB. I am sure they both did their very best to protect Adrienne and Kyliyah while they were with Adam until LE located them.

TIA

Mayes was found in a wooded area behind a church in an isolated part of Union County. According to the Union County Sheriff's Department, Adam Mayes was found with a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head by Mississippi Fish and Wildlife officials. The FBI will not confirm reports that Adam Mayes is dead, but ABC 24's Eli Ross stated that an ambulance carrying Adam Mayes has left the scene. The FBI did confirm that Adam Mayes was alive when he was transported.

http://www.abc24.com/mostpopular/st...am-Mayes-Taken-by/FUpiGB2cRUSbEwgwsZtiGQ.cspx

I just got home. I haven't been able to see any news since about 7am and come home and look at CNN and it says he's dead. Then I get on here and he is possibly in critical condition??? I'm confused,, someone please help!!

Sheesh could we get anymore conflicting stories?

CNN Breaking News ‏ @cnnbrk
Police: Adam Mayes, accused of killing woman, her daughter is dead; 2 other girls alive

ETA: that was 29 minutes ago. AC just tweeted:

Anderson Cooper ‏ @andersoncooper
Now sources say Adam Mayes, Tennessee kidnap suspect is actually alive...developing story. Live details at 10pm @AC360
Why should this part be any different from the rest of the case....

We all need to stop of a moment and thank our WS poster for bringing us the local news FIRST. :clap:

palaminodee YOU ROCK. Thank you soooooooooo much.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Safe TN - Joann Bain, 14 y.o. daughter deceased; 2 missing, Hardeman, 27 Apr 2012 -#4

Thanks for the note...I just moved to MS and this is obviously a case close to home...I just joined this site to learn and contribute as I could...
it's interesting to see what news sources really follow a story or not...even locally...you pick that up quick!

The girls are SAFE????

Huge sigh... great big sigh and a few tears trickling. Have to admit, I wasn't expecting this outcome. Dang I am so glad to be wrong. Deeply glad.

GB and all those who love them must be feeling like there is still hope in their world.

Now to catch up, can't believe this thread now says, 'Found Safe' !!! :woohoo:

Can we all take a moment of silence and remember JB and AB. I am sure they both did their very best to protect Adrienne and Kyliyah while they were with Adam until LE located them.

TIA

..................Amen.

Not inside church. In woods behind...surrounded him....girls there....took him to New Albany hospital....girls to Northeast Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. When officers surrounded him, he turned gun on himself. WMC had reporter at hospital taking shots with his iphone!! They have camera crews on way to site as does WTVA. More to come.

thank you VT!

I just got home. I haven't been able to see any news since about 7am and come home and look at CNN and it says he's dead. Then I get on here and he is possibly in critical condition??? I'm confused,, someone please help!!

There are conflicting reports of whether he is dead, or in critical condition. Seems he shot himself in that empty head of his.

Just hearing the news!!! Wow!!! SO, SO, glad the girls are alive!! Mixed feelings about what should happen to AM. I have thought a lot about this over the past few days. The days ahead are going to be dark and horrible for the girls. I wish them the strength of Jayce Dugard, Elizabeth Smart, and Shasta Groene. This was just all so senseless.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shawnlo5869