TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DNA tests might have been done. But nobody told us any results. DNA could become important if there are any custody issues. Which there might be, as the middle child is not GB's biological daughter.

If the reports about GB adopting the girls are true there should be no custody issues.

I'm very happy the girls are safe-And should be back to familiar surroundings very soon.

As of right now I have heard nothing from LE to indicate that GB is a suspect or even neglectful- just that he was a distraught father and husband.
I understand the problems some are having with the speculation and comments about GB,but I too find them distasteful and counter productive.
I remember the same things being said about Mark Lunsford & Steve Groene both turned out to be innocent victims in the deaths of their children.

AM left a lot of victims---he took the easy way out and left his ex and mother to suffer the consequences of his crimes. (not that I think either woman is an innocent bystander in all this-and I found the ex-mother-in-law crass for trying to minimize her daughters culpability while those two babies were still missing)

If the reports about GB adopting the girls are true there should be no custody issues.

I'm very happy the girls are safe-And should be back to familiar surroundings very soon.

As of right now I have heard nothing from LE to indicate that GB is a suspect or even neglectful- just that he was a distraught father and husband.
I understand the problems some are having with the speculation and comments about GB,but I too find them distasteful and counter productive.
I remember the same things being said about Mark Lunsford & Steve Groene both turned out to be innocent victims in the deaths of their children.

AM left a lot of victims---he took the easy way out and left his ex and mother to suffer the consequences of his crimes. (not that I think either woman is an innocent bystander in all this-and I found the ex-mother-in-law crass for trying to minimize her daughters culpability while those two babies were still missing)

That's an "if." Did he legally adopt the older two kids? I don't know if the guy who is considered the father of the middle girl would even want custody, but if he does, DNA could be the issue.

That's an "if." Did he legally adopt the older two kids? I don't know if the guy who is considered the father of the middle girl would even want custody, but if he does, DNA could be the issue.

absolutely that is an "If" I was just saying if there was an adoption custody wouldn't be an issue.

DNA on the other hand will most likely be used at trial if nothing else.
I imagine LE will need to be able to place each victim at the different crime scenes and will use DNA to do that.

once a person adopts a child that child is their legal child. Why wouldn't the adoption be legal? I haven't read anything stating that he adopted the girls but it was an illegal adoption?

once a person adopts a child that child is their legal child. Why wouldn't the adoption be legal? I haven't read anything stating that he adopted the girls but it was an illegal adoption?
Yes, but the question is are they really adopted? I have a friend whose two older children carry her current husband's name (legally changed), but he didn't adopt them, due to child support issues. So I think the question is, are they actually (legally, as it were) adopted, or were the names just changed?

JMO Even if GB adopted all the girls the bio dad might want his daughter back.It is one thing to have a step parent adopt your child but since the mother is now dead the bio dad might want to raise his own daughter.

I love Websleuths.com, I love the members and I love being a member here...

I totally do not agree with the Gary Bashing. This man lost his wife and daughter and his two other daughters, that he loved so much that he adopted and gave them his name have just gone through hell and they lost a Mother and Sister. Unless he is charged with something, and at this point he has been questioned by LE and hasn't been charged with anything to do with these horrible crimes...the girls should be with him. Suggestions that he had to have known somethin' was up and/or had to be involved because he didn't hear anything are imo absurd and hurtful so I hope that he doesn't nor any member of his family reads here

Thank you for this.

describe the scene: very rough, hilly, dense, trees, shrubbery, hard area to survive in.

tent there? structures around there

girls spotted first.

hospital will determine that they can go back to their father.

state will be providing a lot of info tomorrow.

I had a feeling they spotted the girls first. I figured they got to them and then surrounded AM. And so THAT's why he didn't kill them. He was denied the opportunity when they closed in, because they had already rescued the girls. That's my theory.

JMO Even if GB adopted all the girls the bio dad might want his daughter back.It is one thing to have a step parent adopt your child but since the mother is now dead the bio dad might want to raise his own daughter.

He may want her back but legally, he's lost his parental rights.

You don't have to be smart to drive. I have worked with adults who have the mental capacity of 8 years old and they drive and have children and that is why we work with them. Should they be driving, another question, but I can't transfer my ideals onto them. It is not about insanity, it is about culpability. And to what degree, given her disabilities is she culpable. She may understand right and wrong, but may not grasp cause and effect. I have worked with many people who were not only severely delayed, but victims of domestic violence and I can tell you that some of their actions are typical symptoms and not malicious.

Same as above. If TM has questionable culpability, she should get a fair trial and be represented aggressively. It is her right. I am not defending her, but, if she has the capacity of a child or is mentally deranged to the point that she has the culpability of a child, it should be looked at if there is a reported history of domestic violence and abuse. If we look at other countries, like child soldiers in Africa, to initiate them, they are required to kill their parents or be killed. They typically kill their parents to stay alive. Should they be treated as murders or are there other circumstance to be looked at in terms of being culpable for a crime? If TM has the mentality of a child and is a battered spouse, we need to look at everything before she is judged and sentenced. IMOO.

Thank you was just not enough. What a great post!

I love Websleuths.com, I love the members and I love being a member here...

I totally do not agree with the Gary Bashing. This man lost his wife and daughter and his two other daughters, that he loved so much that he adopted and gave them his name have just gone through hell and they lost a Mother and Sister. Unless he is charged with something, and at this point he has been questioned by LE and hasn't been charged with anything to do with these horrible crimes...the girls should be with him. Suggestions that he had to have known somethin' was up and/or had to be involved because he didn't hear anything are imo absurd and hurtful so I hope that he doesn't nor any member of his family reads here

I agree fully! As far as him not hearing anything, my observations are such: After seeing his picture in the background of the "devil guy", I see an older, overweight man, who probably suffered from sleep apnea. Maybe he snored real loud when he slept, or was on a sleep apnea machine ( I have one myself, and unless you are standing by my bed, yelling at me, I won't hear you.) This man has been through hell, he lost his wife, the older daughter that he adopted as his own, and someone who he thought was a friend, that has betrayed him in the most horrendous way. My sympathy is tremendous for this poor man. (and, if my spelling is off, due to being tired, please accept my apologies.)

Am I the only one who is for some reason a little sad to see the AM died? I hate when anyone dies, even sickos for the most part. I just feel AM was mentally ill, and snapped or something. I do want him to have to pay for what he did, but not by death.

You are not the only one, just the most courageous one. My heart lept for joy when I first saw the news they were found. But, I've tears streaming down my face since then due to all the hatred. God loves all his children. Jesus would not have said these things. There hasn't been a trial. He probably did it, but TM could have done it. I am sad for AM for his mother who coped and remained loyal to a disturbed boy, I am sad for GB, and all that family. I am sad for TM's mother who bravely came on NG and did her best to make it as favorable as possible for TM, and especially when NG had to rub it in that her child may get the death penalty. I am crying for all the sadness and horror in the world. And, the same time, I am so grateful to God for allowing us to save these precious little flowers, AB and KB.

Like you, I see nothing to rejoice in about this situation except that the two girls were found alive.

Thank you for the courage to post this.

I agree fully! As far as him not hearing anything, my observations are such: After seeing his picture in the background of the "devil guy", I see an older, overweight man, who probably suffered from sleep apnea. Maybe he snored real loud when he slept, or was on a sleep apnea machine ( I have one myself, and unless you are standing by my bed, yelling at me, I won't hear you.) This man has been through hell, he lost his wife, the older daughter that he adopted as his own, and someone who he thought was a friend, that has betrayed him in the most horrendous way. My sympathy is tremendous for this poor man. (and, if my spelling is off, due to being tired, please accept my apologies.)
Heck, Spousey didn't wake up in the middle of the night when a golf ball came sailing in our front window and imbedded itself in the far wall. I was sure someone was breaking in and ran out with a baseball bat. Sometimes people just sleep that deeply.

I don't know all the facts, but from the little I have seen I still get an off feeling. I must state that I will not be bullied or made to be embarrassed or ashamed for posting my concern for the girls. If posters feel GB is 100% a great man and dad that is fine, post it. that is your honest opinion. But please don't try to silence me when I am concerned for the welfare of two children. This is one way abusers continue to abuse- by people minimizing or silencing other people's concern. I am not saying GB abused anyone. I am saying something still feels off about the information that we have received so far concerning possible abuse earlier and the first few hours of the kidnapping. Moo

Has it been stated for certain that the girls were legally adopted? So much has been thrown about in this case, it is hard to know what is what...

(On another note, I have the same model and color car that was mentioned so I was a little nervous about that...:( )

If these two little girls have different dads...are they going to be split up?

Excuse me if this was discussed, there is no way to catch up here...

As I understand it, GB adopted Adrienne and Alexandria. My source is the father's FB page (MJ) where he said something to the effect that he agreed to it because he felt it was in his daughters' best interests.

So I doubt the two girls will be split up. MJ would have to go to court to petition to get his parental rights back and I really, really doubt any court would find in his favour.

I'm not a lawyer and I could be wrong, though.

Was Gary Bain aware of Mayes 'assertion' to relatives that he was the 2 younger girls father?

I'm inclined to think probably not.

I mean, I try to imagine the conversation and I can't see how it could possibly come up in conversation. How do you ask a man if his wife has been having children with another man?

Why in the hell was this man allowed to take these girls anywhere or be anywhere near them if he was found with a naked 7 year old in a bathroom shaving her legs? Teresa covered for him back then too! This makes me want to cuss a blue streak!

How do you know Teresa covered for him?

If anything, I suspect Teresa was the "family member" who reported him. She was jealous of his relationship with Jo Ann and the girls and she may have seen this as a way to put an end to it.

Kyiliyah was certainly old enough to say whether the incident actually happened or not.

I'm inclined to think that it really was an unfounded report. If only because it would be so easy to ascertain whether or not he had a stash of child *advertiser censored* mags under his bed, as alleged. That alone would be enough to get him charged, no matter what Kyiliyah said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dianthe