TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm inclined to think probably not.

I mean, I try to imagine the conversation and I can't see how it could possibly come up in conversation. How do you ask a man if his wife has been having children with another man?
"Say, is your ex brother in law the biological father to your youngest daughter and your younger stepdaughter?" Yes, that would be a great conversation starter.

Bobbi Both isn't the only who who claimed he believed they were his children. And for being a weird creepy guy, he sure was allowed a lot of access to these children, allowed to take them to his home, overnight visits, summer visits. If he had no connection to this children whatsoever, why did he have so much access to them?

He was the uncle of GB's eldest daughter (the one GB had with AM's sister).

I am just completely outraged that this could have been prevented. Why the hell was this pedophile allowed to continue to abuse these girls? I am shaking all over I am so upset about all of this. I am glad the *advertiser censored* is dead, but WTF? Seems like everyone friggin knew and did nothing. I guess Jo Ann was trying to get away from him. Where the hell was Gary? I am sorry, but if a man's sister reported that she saw him molesting my child the sorry sob would not be allowed near any of us and would be lucky to not find himself with serious bodily injury. He wouldn't be spending the night at the house and taking my child with him on weekend excursions! There is no way that DHS didn't talk to the parents, so why was he still there? This makes me want to scream!

BBM

Can you point me to a link that specifies it was AM's sister who made the child molestation allegations?

The link you posted earlier just says "a family member" which could easily describe his wife Teresa.

If Teresa's mental problems were known to GB and JB, and since the report was ruled unfounded, they may have felt it had no truth to it whatsoever. And if the child involved (Kyiliyah) denied it ever took place, then they would have even less reason to believe the allegations were true.

He had a connection. He was a family friend. As we have seen on this site repeatedly, some psychopaths are good at hiding their true natures and getting people to trust them and many parents make fatal mistakes when it comes to who they let into their children's lives.

As I suspected: http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Re...igated-for-Child-Abuse-in-2010-151031895.html

But, he was investigated and cleared by DCS so if the family did get wind of this, they may have believed it was just a story from a disgruntled family member.

BBM

And there was a family member (Teresa Mayes) who was known to be disgruntled.

It may have even put the Bains even more off guard because they may have felt some pity that AM's wife was obviously mentally unstable.

I will not judge someone for sleeping through an abduction, or for not realizing this guy was a monster.

I have a couple of sex offender relatives. They should not be sex offenders but the law says they are.
These relatives do not spend time unattended with my children.
Not because I don't trust them, but because of the way it might look. They AGREE with me.

IF it is true that Adam was caught naked with one of the girls... and the girl was interviewed about it...
I am quite certain that the parents would have been informed about that at some point in the process. :twocents:

IF the parents were informed of that (which I believe they were) and still allowed him to take the girls alone...

I see that as a pretty major problem. Him being cleared shouldn't have mattered. It should have made them think.
Just to prevent any appearance of a problem, he would no longer be alone with my children. :twocents:

AND if the parents were NOT informed, then whoever failed to inform them has some serious explaining to do.

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Re...igated-for-Child-Abuse-in-2010-151031895.html

In that report, deputies investigated a family member's claim that she walked into the bathroom and found Adam Mayes and then-7-year-old K**** naked. He was shaving her legs.

The family member also claimed Mayes kept a stash of child *advertiser censored* in his bedroom.

After an extensive two-month investigation by the Madison County Sheriff's Department, U.S. Postal Service, State Department of Child Services and an interview with K, Mayes was cleared.

If the reports about GB adopting the girls are true there should be no custody issues.

I'm very happy the girls are safe-And should be back to familiar surroundings very soon.

As of right now I have heard nothing from LE to indicate that GB is a suspect or even neglectful- just that he was a distraught father and husband.
I understand the problems some are having with the speculation and comments about GB,but I too find them distasteful and counter productive.
I remember the same things being said about Mark Lunsford & Steve Groene both turned out to be innocent victims in the deaths of their children.

AM left a lot of victims---he took the easy way out and left his ex and mother to suffer the consequences of his crimes. (not that I think either woman is an innocent bystander in all this-and I found the ex-mother-in-law crass for trying to minimize her daughters culpability while those two babies were still missing)

Mark Lunsford has said publicly that the comments and accusations made about him added to the trauma he experienced.

Re-victimisation does happen and I feel it is important to try not to contribute to it.

"Say, is your ex brother in law the biological father to your youngest daughter and your younger stepdaughter?" Yes, that would be a great conversation starter.

LOL!

Followed by "please pass the mashed potatoes."

I wonder if the evil plan began after this..

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Re...igated-for-Child-Abuse-in-2010-151031895.html
A report by the Madison County Sheriff's Department dated February 23, 2010 gives insight into how some say Mayes interacted with Kyliyah Bain, one of the two young girls he is accused of kidnapping after killing their older sister and mother almost two weeks ago.

Madison County deputies investigated Adam Mayes, 35, of Guntown, Miss., when he and his wife Teresa lived in a now abandoned home in the 3300-block of Riverside Drive.

In that report, deputies investigated a family member's claim that she walked into the bathroom and found Adam Mayes and then-7-year-old Kyliyah naked. He was shaving her legs. The family member also claimed Mayes kept a stash of child *advertiser censored* in his bedroom.

After an extensive two-month investigation by the Madison County Sheriff's Department, U.S. Postal Service, State Department of Child Services and an interview with Kyliyah, Mayes was cleared.

A report by the Madison County Sheriff's Department dated February 23, 2010 gives insight into how some say Mayes interacted with Kyliyah Bain, one of the two young girls he is accused of kidnapping after killing their older sister and mother almost two weeks ago.

Madison County deputies investigated Adam Mayes, 35, of Guntown, Miss., when he and his wife Teresa lived in a now abandoned home in the 3300-block of Riverside Drive.

In that report, deputies investigated a family member's claim that she walked into the bathroom and found Adam Mayes and then-7-year-old Kyliyah naked. He was shaving her legs. The family member also claimed Mayes kept a stash of child *advertiser censored* in his bedroom.

After an extensive two-month investigation by the Madison County Sheriff's Department, U.S. Postal Service, State Department of Child Services and an interview with Kyliyah, Mayes was cleared.

Speaking as a child abuse victim, this article makes me cringe and totally sick.
I'm sure it didn't stop there either.
Trying so hard not to judge, but I can't understand after Adam being investigated for that incident alone, cleared or not, as a parent, GB could ever allow Adam to be alone with Ky again or any of the girls for that matter.
If the story is true, first of all why does a 7 year old need to be shaving her legs?
Second of all, what gives Adam the right to be the one doing that with her?
Last of all, NAKED? Why?????
I'm gonna puke!!!!
It brings back too many memories for me.
I'm pissed right now....

I wonder why he was cleared?

I hope they don't bring those girls back to the Whiteville home, I feel that will be to traumatic for them. Its where their mom and sister were murdered and they were kidnapped. I hope they bring them some place else and then move back to AZ or wherever there will be family with women to help with these girls emotional recovery.

Hi again,
I just wanted to make an observation about why the family would let Adam Mayes near those girls.
Adam Mayes reminds me of my buddy Greg (except for the pedo/kidnapper/murderer part). Greg is a mechanic. He can fix ANYTHING, from a weedwhacker to an 18wheeler, and anything in between. He's also a super-sociable guy. He's always ready with a dirty joke, he'll give you his last cigarette, etc. If he tells you to meet him at the bar, when you get there he has 6 people he's never met laughing their asses off.
After the repair shop he worked at since he was in HS went out of business, he supported himself for 2 years just by fixing cars in his driveway. He didn't even advertise on craigslist, just word-of-mouth. He said he earned 50K a year doing this, and I don't doubt it. At our local bar, he fixed all the staff's vehicles, and drank for free more often than not. If a repair job only cost him time, he would often refuse to take any money, if it was a friend who was broke.
They say predators and sociopaths can change thier personalities like throwing a switch, right? I bet that's what happened with Adam Mayes. He was just that cool guy who showed up on a motorcycle, fixed peoples cars for free/cheap, hung out, brought beer and weed, maybe gave the older girl cigarettes, etc.
Sorry if that was long-winded. What i'm getting at is that a friendly guy who can save you thousands of dollars in car repairs would have no trouble making friends.
Also, Adam Mayes even looks like Greg, except Greg's like 5'5" max, LOL.
JMO

Speaking as a child abuse victim, this article makes me cringe and totally sick.
I'm sure it didn't stop there either.
Trying so hard not to judge, but I can't understand after Adam being investigated for that incident alone, cleared or not, as a parent, GB could ever allow Adam to be alone with Ky again or any of the girls for that matter.
If the story is true, first of all why does a 7 year old need to be shaving her legs?
Second of all, what gives Adam the right to be the one doing that with her?
Last of all, NAKED? Why?????
I'm gonna puke!!!!
It brings back too many memories for me.
I'm pissed right now....

Why would JB and GB even allow AM around these kids after this report. I don't understand that. And AM was giving like visitation rights with these kids if this is what happened.

they looked as though they had been in the woods for 2 to 3 days.

they were relieved (to see LE)

i am very relieved as well as are my colleagues.

they can now restart their lives and live happily.

mayes given repeated warning to show his hands. he did not then he shot himself in the head.

As happily as they can without their mom and sister and probably having been abused after reading the latest articles.
Poor sweet babies.
I wonder if they know that their mom and sister are dead.
I wonder if bio dad will come to the funeral of his daughter. And isn't he also saying the middle one is his too?
I wonder what he will do?
Reunite with her or stay away?
Does anyone know where he lives?

Why would JB and GB even allow AM around these kids after this report. I don't understand that. And AM was giving like visitation rights with these kids if this is what happened.
Ughhhh I know!!!
I have no freaking idea and I'm shaking and am so upset right now that they werent protected from him after the allegations. :(

What the..?! I came here earlier and the girls had just been found wooo hoooo!!!! Stayed, celebrated with fellow wsers, read the posts, felt the relief and joy and left feeling warm and fuzzy. Popped back in for updates and to just smile about the girls being alright and im reading this carp about an investigation a few years back involving AM being found naked with one the girls?! Okay. seriously. There better be some adults watching out for those girls welfare like they are the President's kids! They do not need a half a$$ parent. It's time for some adults to step up or step out. Grrrrrrrr

I also hope that the case that was dismissed is reviewed, to see if a professional along dropped the ball in their investigation.

I cannot wrap my mind around letting someone even get a glimpse of my kids again if something like that had been reported. I'd move to the other side of the planet if I had to.

BBM

And there was a family member (Teresa Mayes) who was known to be disgruntled.

It may have even put the Bains even more off guard because they may have felt some pity that AM's wife was obviously mentally unstable.

But then why would you allow your children to go for extended visits at the home of a woman who was mentally unstable enough to make up molestation stories?

IMHO, those girls had no business being around any Mayeses whatsoever.

Had it been my children.....
I couldn't give a fig about hurt feelings or being polite to the adults. They'll just have to get over it. Not worth taking even the tiniest chance that the milk ain't clean there.

I am Team Kids all the way. :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But then why would you allow your children to go for extended visits at the home of a woman who was mentally unstable enough to make up molestation stories?

IMHO, those girls had no business being around any Mayeses whatsoever.

Had it been my children.....
I couldn't give a fig about hurt feelings or being polite to the adults. They'll just have to get over it. Not worth taking even the tiniest chance that the milk ain't clean there.

I am Team Kids all the way. :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to agree with you 100%

But its all water under the bridge now!

These charges were made in 2010. By that time, according to the timeline, the Bains had moved to Arizona.

Approximately 2009: Gary and JoAnn Bain moved from Tennessee to Arizona.
Early 2010: Mayes family moved into a rented trailer in Union County, Mississippi

Approximately Thanksgiving 2011: Pamela (Mayes) Bain contacts her brother, Johnny Mayes II, for the first time in six years.

Approximately Winter 2011: Gary and JoAnn Bain TEMPORARILY moved back to Tennessee after a family death and listed a home for sale in Whiteville, Tennessee.

I wonder if the girls had been allowed to visit in the AM home after they returned to TN. Could this have been a trigger. The Bains family returned and he decided not to lose the girls again? I know neighbors of the Bains family said they saw him playing with the girls but did they leave and go to his house?

I believe there will be a lot of question asked before the girls are released to anyone. jmo

Suffering from exposure, dehydration and poison ivy

AM could not even take care of himself. With his mother and wife in jail, he had no other resources - since they'd taken care of him all his life. All he could do was wander around in the woods in the same area with two hungry and thirsty little girls. Beyond disgust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay