TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I understand this is the case. GB had written on fb (?) asking JoAnn to come back...that they could work it out. Not sure when he wrote this. I read it early on up here.

Yep, I remember that, too. Another reason I sort of filed this one away at first. Figured she ran off and left poor GB.

I know I am certainly no LEO or Fibbie but is it possible that even they did not give much credence to the seriousness of this case at first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a list of previous addresses in TN from intellius for Adam C Mayes. Not sure about the rules. Is it ok to post them here?

Probably not, but checking with the mods is the best thing. Hit the white/red triangle at the corner of your post and ask them.

I think the issue is that there may be others with that name, and even if it was the correct person, if he does not live there any longer than someone else does who is completely unassociated with this case. Hope this helps!

I'll do my best going down the address rabbit hole. Wish me luck! ;)

Be careful down there! This one time, I........ Well never mind. Carry on. Don't drink anything!

I really don't know the structured thoughts of a kidnapper, but wouldn't most kidnappers want to get distance from where they know LE is. Why do they keep going around by his house, would he be that stupid to go back there.

You never know, from what we have seen so far, he is not too bright other than hiding...
no one is at the home, they are all in jail so it would be his for the taking if he needed a break from running?

he has to be in the woods or something, surely someone would have recognized him by now.

Thanks so much, Nursebeeme! I don't know if it may just confuse things more, but maybe mark where Linda Reed was kidnapped? I looked up where that took place in relation to Guntown. Not far at all....but I know the Linda Reed and Adam Mayes connection is speculation. And it may just cloud things more.

if you post the address I can add it...

this is what I have so far:

case map
http://g.co/maps/5m23p

Vicki Mahan says Joann Bain is her 2nd cousin, she hadn't seen her in years and JB lived in Arizona a long time. How long did they live in Arizona?

I am trying to understand why GB and JB let AM hang out. Let's go back in time and picture this.

JB has a two year old (Adrienne) and her marriage to MJ is falling apart. They split and shortly thereafter she realizes she is pregnant. She is still only 18 years old.

(In the meantime, it is *possible* that maybe she had a one-night stand with AM, who is 22, or dated him briefly, where he might think she was pregnant with his child. Don't explode, NG! However, since he lives with his parents and has no job, she doesn't feel like he would be a good life partner. She has kids to think about. This part may never have happened -- she may have only met him later.)

Perhaps she meets GB through AM? Regardless, GB, who is 49 at the time, is very interested in her. She feels secure and loved, and her fears for how she will take care of the two babies evaporate in his presence. He says he will raise them as his own. By the time Alexandria is one year old, they are married. GB adopts the two little ones and gives them his last name.

GB also has a child, an 11-year-old daughter, whose uncle is AM. AM has already been hanging out with the 11yo her whole life. The 11yo and the two tots play together and AM hangs out with all of them, which seems normal and is a help to the very young mom. She can run to the store or do some gardening while Am plays with the kids.

As the years go by, they hang out with AM all the time and it seems fine. But over time, as JB matures and realizes that AM is a smelly, weird, controlling, obssessive mama's boy, she begins to become uncomfortable with him and his influence on her daughters. Maybe she hears rumors or sees signs that he is not innocent in his feelings for the girls. But GB's daughter grew up with him, and GB has known him since AM was 10, and they don't want to offend him. They are only too happy to move to AZ for the girls asthma and to get away from him.

When they live in AZ for a while, AM realizes he has nobody left to play with and idolize him. He doesn't like it at all. Plus he has always harbored a secret belief or fantasy that Alexandria was his from that (real or imagined) one-night fling he had with JB. So when they return to TN, he tells them he wants to move to AZ, too. They realize they finally have to tell him they really don't think he should be around the girls as much as he is, it's confusing for them or whatever. This shocks and angers AM and his plan is hatched.

JMO

ETA: Everything I see about JB tells me she was an awesome woman, doting mom, loving wife... that's why I need to understand how she let this creepy guy be around her kids.

I need to read the full tread for Linda Reed but I grabbed the area her car was found and the Walmart she told friends she was headed back too to make sure my places are right.

This is what I have so far.
http://batchgeo.com/map/21b00fa0447b98d6370adb940caf179e
Let me know if it works and if I messed up anywhere. Click on letter to see places.

Red tabs Bain's and Mayes locations, blue tab is AM's father and yellow is Linda Reed.

Also I have no clue on where searches were done.

Except that recently she has said (on an MSM FB page) that she called 30 minutes after finding out from TM. :angel: Don't recall which one (prob. WTVA, maybe WMCTV), but there were several posters bashing her and suggesting that she belongs in jail, and she came in to respond.

Thanx for the hard work on the Timeline, HK!

The first time BB spoke she said she called TWO days later realizing TM probably never called LE...now she is saying 30 minutes...
What is the truth?
Le would have to check her phone records

@Secrett:

"BEATEN"! Wow! Thanks for that link!

So that, to me, says there was rage and it was personal.

I had not seen "beaten" in a MSM article before. Assuming the source is good.

MOO

Except that recently she has said (on an MSM FB page) that she called 30 minutes after finding out from TM. :angel: Don't recall which one (prob. WTVA, maybe WMCTV), but there were several posters bashing her and suggesting that she belongs in jail, and she came in to respond.

Thanx for the hard work on the Timeline, HK!

She said in a number of interviews TM started posting and texting on Thursday, that's when she talked to her and TM told what happened. BB said she told TM to call LE and by Saturday she didn't think she had, so BB called LE herself. She said she found out they already knew.

Just some more info , not sure if this has been posted yet-

Posted: May 10, 2012 11:04 AM PDT
Updated: May 10, 2012 11:04 AM PDT
Jo Ann Bain's family speaks out about murder and kidnapping
http://www.wmctv.com/story/18254538/jo-ann-bains-family-speaks-out-about-murder-and-kidnapping

For nearly two weeks, Jo Ann Bain's family has been waiting, wondering, and worrying.

"Keep us in your heart and know that we appreciate and covet your prayers and we'd like to thank you personally and we do want our family back," says Bain's cousin Vicki Mahan.

Mahan says her cousin never made it to a hair appointment on Friday, April 27.

She says her kids never got off the bus that day.

That's when Jo Ann's husband Gary Bain called Jo Ann's mother in Henderson Tennessee.

"And his comment to my cousin was 'So y'all haven't seen them?' How was he put it, 'I don't think they were kidnapped.' And from there the feelings became more foreboding," Mahan says.

Mahan says she didn't know Adam Mayes.

"At one time, there was a relationship, a brief relationship between him and my cousin Joann. Yes I do believe they had an intimate relationship at one time," she continues.

Mahan says authorities told the family that Jo Ann Bain and her oldest daughter, Adrienne, had been beaten inside a garage near the Whiteville home.

more at link

Thank you for this article. I have been wondering why we haven't heard from any relatives from JB's side of the family.

BBM I don't know what to make of that.

The cousin doesn't know AM but thinks there was an intimate relationship at one time. I'd like to know why she thought it. It keeps coming up.

Beaten in the garage...how did hubby sleep through that? Did they have neighbors? Dogs?

Your description of your family pretty much describes mine as well. If you want a decent life, you get away from the crazies in it. Plain and simple, you get out however you can, and you don't look back either!

I admire you, too. It's not easy to have no family roots..especially since my husband's family is so close. They are awesome folks...I've always called my mother-in-law "mom" and she is truly a saint..but...you definitely are missing something. Fortunately, the missing is less painful than the craziness.
I always said that when my parents died, I'd cry for what could have, should have been, not for what it was. ^i^

Do we know if AM had any money on him at all? Is there a bus station in Guntown? Could he have somehow gotten himself and the girls on a bus? (okay watched too many movies, I know) We have a Greyhound bus station here in the town I live in and I wondered if they have them there. I dunno if it is even plausible but it is just my thoughts

Thanks so much, Nursebeeme! I don't know if it may just confuse things more, but maybe mark where Linda Reed was kidnapped? I looked up where that took place in relation to Guntown. Not far at all....but I know the Linda Reed and Adam Mayes connection is speculation. And it may just cloud things more.

I was reading about LInda Reed!
Interesting she went grocery shopping at walmart then goes missing
also interesting they didnt find any groceries in her car! (that they reported)

Now did she disappear before shopping or after?

Just caught my attention!

@Secrett:

"BEATEN"! Wow! Thanks for that link!

So that, to me, says there was rage and it was personal.

I had not seen "beaten" in a MSM article before. Assuming the source is good.

MOO

Thank you for this article. I have been wondering why we haven't heard from any relatives from JB's side of the family.

BBM I don't know what to make of that.

The cousin doesn't know AM but thinks there was an intimate relationship at one time. I'd like to know why she thought it. It keeps coming up.

Beaten in the garage...how did hubby sleep through that? Did they have neighbors? Dogs?

That's what caught my eye too. The "Beaten" part. The garage appeared to be quite a distance from the main house (detached)... but still. So horrifying to think someone could sleep through a violent act happening close by like that.

GB said he last saw her at 1am, maybe she hadn't went to bed, but he had. AM could have grabbed JB first and taken her to the garage to kill her, we don't know the sequence of events.

I'm thinking maybe he got her when she left the house to go to work. Got the girls when they left to go to school or get on the bus. Maybe told them Mom wanted him to take them to school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Macogle