TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where was it said they were beaten to death? I missed it.

Actually most male molesters molest children in their family.

http://www.allaboutcounseling.com/sexual_abuse.htm#sa5

The most commonly reported perpetrators are fathers and stepfathers. Brothers, sisters, mothers, baby-sitters, and uncles, are also among the most common abusers.

Because they have access to the children.
But I am pretty sure most biological parents do not molest their children.
I don't believe that AM is delusional. I think there is actually a chance he is the bio father of one of those children.

What I wanted to say is, I keep seeing it mentioned here about "how could he afford that / he can't have much money, he had no job", etc etc. I have read several times here & elsewhere (sorry no link, I am no good at hunting them down) that AM sold all his belongings / sold his Harley? Don't know if that is confirmed or not but if he did have and sell a Harley, that would bring in a pretty nice chunk of change, wouldn't it? Enough to get by for quite a while. :(

I snipped this...the Harley in the picture, if it is a Harley...could also be a Yamaha tricked out to look like a Harley, would most like fetch maybe $1,500-4,000 (max, overly generous). Looking at the bike he was sitting on in that picture, it looks like a "rat bike" meaning an older bike with poorly maintained and cobbled together. As someone said earlier an older bike that was reconditioned or run down and fixed to run was cheap to buy. They also don't sell for much. The thing is with selling Harley's they are unique to a person and the right person has to come along and "envision" themselves riding it. If he sold it in a pinch, the price would be way low and he may not even get out what he put into it. If he took a year to sell it, he may get a little more...but...he wasn't going to be able to live off the proceeds for months on the sale.

If he did sell that bike around this time, there may have been the chance he was trying to gather funds to move to AZ near the family he was so attached to and kids he believed were his. If that is the case, perhaps Joann said no way, we need a new start and it pushed him over the edge as he thought he wouldn't get to see his "girls". This could be a custody case in AM's mind...desperate father...:twocents:

I am going to store that statement in the back of my mind until LE releases the cause of death. I have never known LE to release to a distant family member the cause of death prior to it being public knowledge. I could see GB would know (maybe). IMHO

Fugitive [AM] may believe kidnapped girls are his children
[AM], ... , had been bickering with [JB], 31, relatives said.

“The reason they were arguing so much was because there was two little girls that he was just absolutely obsessed with,” [JT], the suspect's former mother-in-law, told ABC's “Good Morning America”.... “He was claiming that those two children were his.”

Officials have scheduled a Friday news conference to give “an inside look at the tips and leads being called in by the public regarding the fugitive case.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-adam-mayes-20120510,0,5416551.story

I know I saw that too, unless a post was put on there, and they took it down really really fast. Has anyone seen a post on there that was written after the date of her disappearance. I know I didn't. I found it odd when it was stated by MSM that the police stated that...I just wonder if they used that as a blanket statement to keep it from growing legs....IMHO

I guess we will never know....

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/local/person-of-interest-in-missing-family-case-rpt-20120502

Fox 13 checked Joann Bain's Facebook page, which shows a little activity, even accepting a friend request yesterday. But, Sheriff Doolen says it's not Joann. He says they do know who it is, and that's part of the ongoing investigation. There was a post to one of the girls, I can't remember which one it was, but it was taken off, I guess by LE. Other people were talking about seeing it and wondered if she really had taken off with the girls.

Where was it said they were beaten to death? I missed it.

Mahan says authorities told the family that Jo Ann Bain and her oldest daughter, Adrienne, had been beaten inside a garage near the Whiteville home.
Sorry not letting me post link.. The link is upthread in my post #368.. And it doesn't say necessarily they were beat to DEATH.. But rather just beaten.. But God only knows that certainly doesnt make it any better or easier to fathom..jmo.

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

Fugitive [AM] may believe kidnapped girls are his children
[AM], ... , had been bickering with [JB], 31, relatives said.

“The reason they were arguing so much was because there was two little girls that he was just absolutely obsessed with,” [JT], the suspect's former mother-in-law, .... “He was claiming that those two children were his.”

Officials have scheduled a Friday news conference to give “an inside look at the tips and leads being called in by the public regarding the fugitive case.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-adam-mayes-20120510,0,5416551.story

I think that mother in law is misquoted here. AM was bickering with TM, not JB.

Memphis Wmctv will be showing an interview with AM's landlord @ 4:30 and 5:00.

Has anyone heard anything more about the search going on around his home?

Memphis Wmctv will be showing an interview with AM's landlord @ 4:30 and 5:00.

Which corroborates the "trailer" being an actual mobile home, not an automobile pull-behind "trailer."

Per older MSM, this location is where LE found things that belonged to the 2 younger children.

They sure picked a strange night though, TM said this was all preplanned, just about everyone was spending the night that night. GB and AM were taking the uhaul that weekend. AM was spending the night and also GB's daughter with her child. A house full of people is an odd time to carry this all out. He was taking the chance of people waking up and hearing what was going on, plus TM showing up, unless she was spending the night, also.

I thought about this too.
My mind keeps going to meth. If he was on a meth-run, he would do some crazy spontaneous things. It might have been 'preplanned' in his mind with his rants to TM, but maybe not specified for any certain time.. just culminated that night. JMO MOO and all that.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/local/person-of-interest-in-missing-family-case-rpt-20120502

Fox 13 checked Joann Bain's Facebook page, which shows a little activity, even accepting a friend request yesterday. But, Sheriff Doolen says it's not Joann. He says they do know who it is, and that's part of the ongoing investigation. There was a post to one of the girls, I can't remember which one it was, but it was taken off, I guess by LE. Othere people were talking about seeing it and wondered if she really had taken off with the girls.

That is Bizarre!
Who could be checking JB's FB page with the Password if it's not GB??

I wonder if he managed to get to another location and they are searching in a wrong place.
Like they said, he could be anywhere by now.
Did he have some other mode of transportation they don't know about? Could he have bought a bus ticket somewhere? Those are cheap.

People move around a lot chasing the American dream, too. It's practically a cliche it is so common. It's the whole reason the US isn't concentrated on the East Coast!

The food thing was an example from his childhood. I haven't seen anything to indicate whether he still clings to that diet or whether his tastes have broadened in the intervening years.

As for the Harley, he may have gotten it as a junker and got it running again. There's been several mentions that GB and AM worked on cars together and a motorcycle isn't so different from a car (particularly older motorcycles).

A friend of mine who is into motorcycles said that it's not all that uncommon for someone to get a Harley for the fun of it, then lose interest, let the tires rot, etc, and then take it to a junkyard or sell it for parts. She says many of those Harleys run just fine with minimal work and a pair of new tyres.
Still doesn't answer how he got the money to buy the new tires, the x box, and any other parts necessary in order to build the "junker". How does he eat? How does he afford his smokes he was seen buying? Why did according to his wife he take young girls into his bedroom and lock the door? Why ????????? Chasing the American dream? OK, if your dream is to have no job, wander around the country, living off others. That is not my idea of the American Dream. Johnny Mayes II says that his mom always favored AM. He also says they wandered around like nomads while he was growing up. He didn't speak favorably of his mother either, actually had nothing good to say about her. I don't think they were chasing the American Dream. I think they moved when things got hot. I was raised by a family like this, and know what I am speaking of. I also don't think there is any way in Hell a 20 yr old is gonna want a man 30 yrs older than her pawing all over her. Something is BAD off with all of this, and that's my opinion.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=mr&MRid=47137416

I don't know if this has been posted. It might help some of you more seasoned sleuthers.

Thanks for posting that link.

I apologize if this has already been covered but a search on JBs email address from the findagrave link yields some posts in a Yahoo Group that shows the Bain family was still in Tennessee in 2010.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/WestTennesseeChickenClub/message/4091

I think this contradicts the timeline that they moved to AZ in 2009 and came back in 2011? Either that or they moved back and forth between AZ and TN a couple of times?

Didn't somebody post that AM was a handyman? He could be making money by doing handyman jobs.
I don't think you'd need much if you live with mama and don't have lodging expenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onus