TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow. I don't know what to say... so I'll just put it here.

I know some saw the lady's facebook earlier, when the bodies were found.
She came out and said it was Joann and Adrienne before it was announced. Said she was on her way out there.

Apparently she also "picked up" K and A from the hospital after they were found.
Says the girls were then told their Mom and sister were dead and they were just trying to love them.

People are upset that this "friend" was allowed to be there and have seen them but "family" has not.
I do not know if they are only referring to Alex's biological father's family or other family.

This case continues to make me feel like I am constantly missing some huge piece of the puzzle. :banghead:

Justice for Joann and the girls:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Justi...a.107448966059500.9817.101607396643657&type=1

Picture of Adrienne for reference:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=pv&GRid=90425371&PIpi=60289651

Picture of all 4:

http://www.facebook.com/mark.johnso...14929111.81019.383639408343945&type=3&theater

Yes the facebook drama on this is getting out of control, and its actually very sad. One day these girls are going to read it and that is heart breaking!

IMO, that FB page is disrespectful to Alexandria and Kyliyah as well as to the memory of Jodie and Adrienne Bain. I agree that one day Alexandria and Kyliyah will read what is posted there and it is sad. I have never seen anyone there even consider the possibility that Alexandria might not want to see Mark Johnson. People's feelings seem to center around what he wants, not want Alex might want or need right now. As far as Jodie Bain's friend being around the girls, no one seems to consider that it's possible that those girls might have wanted their Mom's close friend to be with them. It was reported that the family was following the recommendations of therpists, etc., provided to them by LE. That being said, if professionals thought it was in Alex's best interest to be in contact with her bio dad, then I think it would happen. I have to wonder when the last time was that Alex even visited Mark Johnson before this tragedy. In regard to the family friend, if these same professionals felt that it negatively impacted the recovery of Alex and Kyliyah to have the mother's friend at their home, I don't believe the friend would have had contact. Perhaps, this friend of their mother's is considered family by the girls. It appears to me that the FB page is more about gossip and about support for Mark Johnson than it is about Justice for the Bains.

I want to add one more thing regarding someone posting Adrienne Bain's memorial/obituary on the findagrave site. Adoption is a private matter. Adoption records are sealed by a court. No one knows how Adrienne felt about Mark Johnson. We do know that she called Gary Bain "Daddy" from things she posted herself. I think it is in extremely poor taste for someone to change and then post her memorial/obituary on the internet and list Mark Johnson as her father. Perhaps, Adrienne and Alex had not even told their friends that Gary Bain was not their biological father. Biology may not have been of any importance to Adrienne. No one knows that except, perhaps, those that she was close to. It is an invasion of Adrienne's privacy for someone to post something like that when it is not included in Adrienne's original obituary. No one has the right to be disrespectful of Adrienne in this way.

That seems very sad to me.

I have compassion for him although I cannot condone his actions. Isn't one of the traits of civilisation to treat people better than they deserve?
I, too, have some compassion. Family means a lot to me and while I don't condone his actions I do find it so sad that someone in his family will not show him the respect of burying him.

They can make it clear that they don't agree with the things he did, but he is always their brother, they don't get a choice in that. I get that they want to distance themselves from his actions and we all know you don't get to choose your family, but still, I'm sad for their attitude to his burial.

It's always easier to see the right thing to do when I'm standing outside the box, but in this case with AM's actions, I can only imagine how ashamed the rest of the Mayes family must be feeling.

IMO, that FB page is disrespectful to Alexandria and Kyliyah as well as to the memory of Jodie and Adrienne Bain. I agree that one day Alexandria and Kyliyah will read what is posted there and it is sad. I have never seen anyone there even consider the possibility that Alexandria might not want to see Mark Johnson. People's feelings seem to center around what he wants, not want Alex might want or need right now. As far as Jodie Bain's friend being around the girls, no one seems to consider that it's possible that those girls might have wanted their Mom's close friend to be with them. It was reported that the family was following the recommendations of therpists, etc., provided to them by LE. That being said, if professionals thought it was in Alex's best interest to be in contact with her bio dad, then I think it would happen. I have to wonder when the last time was that Alex even visited Mark Johnson before this tragedy. In regard to the family friend, if these same professionals felt that it negatively impacted the recovery of Alex and Kyliyah to have the mother's friend at their home, I don't believe the friend would have had contact. Perhaps, this friend of their mother's is considered family by the girls. It appears to me that the FB page is more about gossip and about support for Mark Johnson than it is about Justice for the Bains.

I want to add one more thing regarding someone posting Adrienne Bain's memorial/obituary on the findagrave site. Adoption is a private matter. Adoption records are sealed by a court. No one knows how Adrienne felt about Mark Johnson. We do know that she called Gary Bain "Daddy" from things she posted herself. I think it is in extremely poor taste for someone to change and then post her memorial/obituary on the internet and list Mark Johnson as her father. Perhaps, Adrienne and Alex had not even told their friends that Gary Bain was not their biological father. Biology may not have been of any importance to Adrienne. No one knows that except, perhaps, those that she was close to. It is an invasion of Adrienne's privacy for someone to post something like that when it is not included in Adrienne's original obituary. No one has the right to be disrespectful of Adrienne in this way.

I'm a member of Find a Grave, is there something I need to try and get fixed? I will say that I went there when I saw your post and saw two different postings for AB, one listing five sisters.
Mark Johnson, even if he is not having anything to do with the actual BS with all of this~bank account, findagrave double listing, etc. can and does need to put a stop to it. It's making me, and I'm sure many others, not feel compassion to toward him at all. I'm tired of him, his family and his so called friends crap.

MOO

ETA: Yikes! Can't believe the one had pictures of AM and TM with the girls!

She came out and said it was Joann and Adrienne before it was announced. Said she was on her way out there.

Apparently she also "picked up" K and A from the hospital after they were found.
Says the girls were then told their Mom and sister were dead and they were just trying to love them.

People are upset that this "friend" was allowed to be there and have seen them but "family" has not.
I do not know if they are only referring to Alex's biological father's family or other family.

This case continues to make me feel like I am constantly missing some huge piece of the puzzle. :banghead:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Justi...a.107448966059500.9817.101607396643657&type=1

Picture of all 4:

http://www.facebook.com/mark.johnso...14929111.81019.383639408343945&type=3&theater

I agree with you, very strange...there is more to this than we know

a few comments based on the last few postings.

I feel sadness as well about the family refusing to take AM's body. Really can not explain why. Do not condone what he did and find what he did unconscionable, but sill feel sadness.

The find a grave site. I dabble some in genealogy and thought what a great site to look at. Then I found that anyone can write on the site and someone coming along may take what is written as a record for their records. While MJ is the bio dad and GB is now the legal father, this is not a step parent situation where both parents should be listed. Whether people agree with what it appears, GB is the legal father. Don;t get me wrong, have emotions for MJ's feelings, grief, etc.

FB drama, that site listed is becoming a site that needs some guidance.

Sorry not worded well....having a hard time placing what I want to say into words.

I haven't been following this case as closely as I had been up until the time the girls were found and I'm sure I missed a few posts here lately, but is it possible that JoAnn had a will and in that will JoAnn listed Flor King as caregiver to her children if anything was to happen to her? A lot of people have last will and testaments drawn up and in that will they name certain friends or family members to step in to care for their children if something were to ever happen to them. Just a thought.

Picture of all 4:

The FB stuff totally confuses me because I don't have the patience to read back through all the associated pages to get the context.

The impression I'm forming based on my very cursory skimming is that there are people out there who are having boundary issues so far as AB and KB are concerned.

Big boundary issues.

Thanks. So, if I am understanding this correctly, PB is saying that when AM was younger he was abused by the parents, but then as he got older he "snapped" and became controlling and abusive himself? That I can understand. I guess I was just reading it wrong- I was looking at it as he was controlling them but being abused by them at the same time. Which is why it made no sense to me.

When I see families like the Mayes, it honestly makes me thank my lucky stars for the family I grew up in. We had our dysfunctions like all families do, but D***. My heart hurts for kids who grow up in homes/circumstances like this. :( Because they grow up into people like Mayes (sometimes).
I might think that when younger AM was abused by his parents, as he got older he learned how to be the "good child" to his parents, learning what abuses he could visit upon his siblings and gain the approval of his parents, as it were, thereby becoming controlling and abusive himself.

From there it could be several scenarios: If he had a good relationship with GB and family, the "snap" might have been when he started thinking of the girls as his own. He wanted the family that he never had. Then if the girls were to be moving away, his already warped mind saw it as his family being taken away and it went south from there.

If his relationship with the Bain family was a just a manipulative game to him, the "snap" could have happened when the objects of his manipulation were going to be taken from him.

While I do not agree with anything AM did, from what I have seen I don't think he was evil. Just really messed up.

Picture of all 4:

WOW. Something seems terribly wrong with this picture. Especially this.. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.107448966059500.9817.101607396643657&type=1

Why is this adult friend posting pictures of these children at this time? (And this same adult makes public posts about her "haters," seemingly about people who are offended with her FB posts.. I don't know anyone over the age of 14 who even uses the word "haters.") No matter the relationship, I doubt the girls' counselors would see this as appropriate behavior. The FB posts were PUBLIC, the very least she could have done was switch the privacy setting to private.

And GB's adult adopted daughter posting comments about her dad's money goes way beyond poor taste IMO.

The Mayes family members who were trying to get their five minutes were sickening enough.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-for-Jo-Ann-Thompson-Bain-and-the-girls/101607396643657

Yeah, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that something is off with the GB and TB story. Check the above FB page out, unless you are going to be easily offended when someone states the glaring truth -- that GB and TB may just not be angels.

Some good points from above page:

*JB said on her FB page 2 weeks before her murder that MJ was the father of her 2 oldest.

*GB has not allowed MJ, his family or JB's parents and other family to see the girls/attend funerals.

*GB's friend has blast off info concerning the case on her public FB page, before released by LE. And pictures of her with the girls post-kidnapping. Public pictures. (When the Bains are saying they want privacy.)

*GB gave greatly conflicting accounts of the time he went to bed the night of the murders to friends and LE.

*This case is an ongoing investigation.

*GB and JB got in to a public fight the evening before the murders.

*GB INITIALLY led LE to believe that JB ran off willfully.

*Many on "Team MJ" are friends and immediate family of JB.

*The FB page is not a support page. It does offer MUCH in the way of useful, credible info. and backs information up.

If you are starting to see that things are not adding up read through the above linked page. Hmmm...

Did i read what you said wrong or did you say that GB isn't/hasn't allowed any family of JB to see the girls or attend the funerals of their own DAUGHTER AND GRANDCHILD??? Wth???
Why? Why would he do that?????
IF that's true, that pisses me off. It's late and i might have read wrong. I really have been trying to stay away from being judgmental at all w/ the two dads, cuz honestly we do NOT know how the relationships were/are.
It seems like a lot of people are assuming that MJ wasn't a part of the girls' lives at all, but he very well could have been. And now that JB is gone, GB could be more controlling about it, but again,....at least me personally....i don't know all the details of how the relationships were so i don't feel like i can make a judgment on that.
Personally, i feel like MJ has a right to grieve just like JB's family does and if it's true that they are all being kept away.....well....i don't even know how to take that or what to say?????:( :(
How can they be kept away? From the funerals? There must be something we don't know. That's the only thing i can think of. So i guess i can't have an opinion on it cuz i really don't know.
And i am just not a judemental person. I just hope there is a reason and GB is NOT doing this out of spite or just to be mean or show that he is in charge?? I dunno?? :(
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-for-Jo-Ann-Thompson-Bain-and-the-girls/101607396643657

Yeah, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that something is off with the GB and TB story. Check the above FB page out, unless you are going to be easily offended when someone states the glaring truth -- that GB and TB may just not be angels.

*JB said on her FB page 2 weeks before her murder that MJ was the father of her 2 oldest.

*GB has not allowed MJ, his family or JB's parents and other family to see the girls/attend funerals.

*GB's friend has blast off info concerning the case on her public FB page, before released by LE. And pictures of her with the girls post-kidnapping. Public pictures. (When the Bains are saying they want privacy.)

*GB gave greatly conflicting accounts of the time he went to bed the night of the murders to friends and LE.

*The FB page is not a support page. It does offer MUCH in the way of useful, credible info. and backs information up.

If you are starting to see that things are not adding up read through the above linked page. Hmmm...

With all due respect we don't know the whole truth. Only those that were in the house that night, or participated in this horrid ordeal knows the truth.
So what if JB stated on her FB that MJ was the father of her two oldest children. Seriously, so what? He is the bio father. Did you personally see this for yourself that she stated it? Did anyone do a screen shot of that post?
There could be a very good reason, if true, that JB's family and MJ weren't allowed at the funerals. Look what has happened already and that would be enough for me to not want them there. The girls, and GB, deserve some respect with regards of what they've gone through. They don't need MJ acting all superior bio dad BS and they didn't need one of JB's family members spewing that she believed there had been a sexual relationship between JB and AM. It's that kind of BS that would get someone cut out of mine and my kids lives. No ifs ands or buts. Life is to short for that!
How do you know that GB gave conflicting accounts of that night? Are you LE or one of the friends or family?
I don't care how many fights, big or small, that JB and GB have had. I just had a rip roaring one with my husband last evening over the stupid pool. We were both frustrated and hell bent on being right. Later on in the night we were back to being okay with each other. I've been married to this man for more than half of my life and I adore him and am very protective of him and would fight tooth and nail to do whatever I could for his well being. That does not mean we can't have our own opinions and we do! If you're married and you never have a disagreement then kudos to you.
I have never read that GB led LE to believe that JB ran off with AM. Link, please
You say many on Team MJ are family of JB? Well, right there goes to show me that they might just love some drama and that would be another good reason to not allow them to have it on the days of the funerals, and then some. Do you ever think that maybe JB stood strongly for what she believed was right with her family and herself and then when she's murdered they feel they can all come in and stir the crap and cause a commotion. If JB didn't have a relationship with them before her death, if this is true about them being on Team MJthen I certainly can see why she would not want a relationship with them.
Some of the truth that I have come to know with this is: MJ, for whatever reason, gave up his rights to AB and AB, so that GB could adopt them. If someone is going to slam GB then for goodness sake some of the slam needs to land right on MJ as he knew GB and thought he was good enough to turn his children over for him to raise.
One of the things that doesn't add up for me, hmmm is the fact that MJ isn't these childrens dad, GB is, yet MJ wants money and to have the attention brought to his door. Well, he's got my attention. Yes, he deserves to mourn the loss of these two children he helped bring into the world, but that's it. He doesn't deserve to be a part of a bank account. He doesn't deserve to be able to see AB, it only matters what is best for her. GB decides that now, not MJ! You can't just give up your rights and then demand them back. It doesn't work that way.
I haven't been to that FB page but it sounds hate filled.
As for all the FB BS don't believe everything you read on FB! It's just like real life where there is sometimes a hidden agenda.

Did i read what you said wrong or did you say that GB isn't/hasn't allowed any family of JB to see the girls or attend the funerals of their own DAUGHTER AND GRANDCHILD??? Wth???
Why? Why would he do that?????
IF that's true, that pisses me off. It's late and i might have read wrong. I really have been trying to stay away from being judgmental at all w/ the two dads, cuz honestly we do NOT know how the relationships were/are.
It seems like a lot of people are assuming that MJ wasn't a part of the girls' lives at all, but he very well could have been. And now that JB is gone, GB could be more controlling about it, but again,....at least me personally....i don't know all the details of how the relationships were so i don't feel like i can make a judgment on that.
Personally, i feel like MJ has a right to grieve just like JB's family does and if it's true that they are all being kept away.....well....i don't even know how to take that or what to say?????:( :(
How can they be kept away? From the funerals? There must be something we don't know. That's the only thing i can think of. So i guess i can't have an opinion on it cuz i really don't know.
And i am just not a judemental person. I just hope there is a reason and GB is NOT doing this out of spite or just to be mean or show that he is in charge?? I dunno?? :(
We don't know the reasons why, if this is true, that it's happening. We have to place our trust in the counselors and many people, including their dad-GB-to put the childrens best interest first. Everyone else should come second, always.
I have a friend who always said that if anything ever happened to her that she never wanted to have to go back and live with her mom and dad. She hated the way they were. She had an accident and I cringe when I think of all the times she said that to so many of us, yet she's right there in that house with them caring for her. It could be that Joann had not so nice feelings about certain people in her life. Maybe she told GB that she never wanted her mom to raise her kids if something happened to her. Maybe she said the same about herself, as my friend said. Maybe, just maybe, she and GB had a falling out with the mom and/or some of the family members before all of this and that is another reason she loved AZ, as it was far enough away from them for her to be her own person. I don't think GB is being full of revenge, but probably feeling very protective of those left here, and JB and AB who are no longer here. He was married to JB for eleven years and I don't doubt for one second that he loves her.
Just my gut feelings.

My wish for today and ever more would be for everyone to think about what truly is best for these two girls and make it happen for them. My wish is also for GB to get some respect. He is these childrens dad and I haven't seen anything he's done so terrible yet, with the exception of giving AM the benefit of the doubt and it seems like he's not the only one that has done that. I'm sure he would do it differently if he could have seen what the outcome would be.

MOO

Unpopular opinion ALERT:

Throw tomatoes...but it would have been better if AM had been apprehended, and psychiatrically evaluated...to better understand people such as him. To somehow prevent future abominations.

I'll always wonder if he really shot himself, as opposed to LE/etc. taking him out. Just sayin'. :angel:

Unpopular opinion ALERT:

Throw tomatoes...but it would have been better if AM had been apprehended, and psychiatrically evaluated...to better understand people such as him. To somehow prevent future abominations.

I'll always wonder if he really shot himself, as opposed to LE/etc. taking him out. Just sayin'. :angel:

BBM: I'll always wonder that too...

Oh, btw...I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with that, considering the circumstances and needing to rescue the girls.

Just so no one misunderstands me...

I'll still wonder tho.

I just think it is beyond belief that highly trained officers would let him raise up to his knees (and see that he had a gun), and just let him do whatever. JMO but a responsible and adequately (if not more) officer took him out when it was safe to do so, and not harm the girls. JMO. But maybe it happened the way "they" said it did.

Unpopular opinion ALERT:

I like that......unpopular opinion alert. Lol. This whole case seems to be drawing a lot of differing opinions.....and strong opinions.:pillowfight:

Every time I see new information.....or put more facts together I get less sure about what was happening there. It looks like many of these people involved had very conflicted relationships. And some, dare I say, unhealthy relationships. It seems that there is a lot of information that we don't know. I'm still sitting on the fence....but I do think we are dealing with humans here. Not angels.

JMO but to me it is obvious that the LE goal (and rightfully so) was to recover the girls alive...and thankfully, they accomplished that (whatever it took), and I commend them. :)

Even *IF* there's a cover story...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back