Deceased/Not Found TN - Joseph 'Joe Clyde' Daniels, 5, autistic, Dickson, 3 April 2018 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to be cynical when a toddler goes missing in the middle of the night while everybody is sleeping. I hope I’m wrong, but more times than not there’s other scenarios at play.
It's hard not to immediately have those thoughts in the back of our minds because we sadly see it so often. If not for the sighting by the man driving by, I would be right there with you on the cynical couch.

It's hard not to immediately have those thoughts in the back of our minds because we sadly see it so often. If not for the sighting by the man driving by, I would be right there with you on the cynical couch.

The sighting has me scratching my head though. How do you see a 4 foot tall child walking on such a rural road, and just keep driving like its normal?

I tend to be cynical when a toddler goes missing in the middle of the night while everybody is sleeping. I hope I’m wrong, but more times than not there’s other scenarios at play.

Agreed. I'm starting to wonder myself, particularly after seeing the satellite images of the area he disappeared from. There aren't a lot of hiding places for a little kid to willingly hide in and not re-emerge from once daylight hit. Although I am also wondering about the possible sighting. The person said Joe was seen on the road, what if he was taken by a passing motorist? The road Joe was seen on connects up with state highway 70 a short distance away from Joe's home. He could have easily been taken by someone who then jumped on the highway and away in either direction.

You would think that if he had unlocked the door and run away before, new "key only" locks would have been installed, and the key kept safe.

Sometimes alarms are put on doors to alert you when a child has opened it....these kids are just that quick!

Agreed. I'm starting to wonder myself, particularly after seeing the satellite images of the area he disappeared from. There aren't a lot of hiding places for a little kid to willingly hide in and not re-emerge from once daylight hit. Although I am also wondering about the possible sighting. The person said Joe was seen on the road, what if he was taken by a passing motorist? The road Joe was seen on connects up with state highway 70 a short distance away from Joe's home. He could have easily been taken by someone who then jumped on the highway and away in either direction.

Yes. This may be much more complex than it appears.

I interpreted what Dad said as he had gotten outside before but didn't go far.

What Grandma says is basically the same thing - hasn't wandered off before. She didn't say he's never gotten outside before.

Please don"t interpret. Listen to what's said.
Have there been any statements from parents?

I just feel like the more searchers the better when it's still somewhat early in a search. They shouldn't send people home.

They are choosing to use the volunteers strategically. Too many people out there at once can damage tracks or other signs that could lead to Joe Clyde. Too many volunteers can also lead to people getting injured, which is also something else LE does not need to be dealing with during a search.

LE is on top of this, and I am sure they have support from nearby LE, who had a similar incident within the near recent past. I can guarantee you this is not their first rodeo!

Count me in with you, Mistree. Herein lies the rub. We have conflicting accounts of his behavior as it relates to "wandering," between Grandma's recollection and father's recollection of child's track record.
Yes, and I thought reports said that’s why they waited almost an hour to call 911, because they did their usual looking for him first! 🤔🤔hmmm

I was onboard the slipped out the door train until I heard of the witness and grandmas statement.
Now,,,,,, things that make me go HM!!!

You would think that if he had unlocked the door and run away before, new "key only" locks would have been installed, and the key kept safe.

Perhaps that was done and Joe found the key.
It's not always that simple to contain a smart little kid who's determined.
It's also possible that there wasn't the money to buy another lock if he recently figured one out.
I spent $200 one month on new locks every time my daughter figured one out.
Not everyone has $200 to spare. :twocents:

In the video of today's update that I posted upthread the sheriff said that TBI was working on the witness sighting but so far they've determined it was a valid sighting since the witness was able to describe the clothes/pyjamas Joe was wearing. So I'll take it as truth unless we hear differently. And if it wasn't for that I'd be suspicious given the time that's elapsed.

You make a good point though that Joe could have been picked up by a passing motorist - ha, I even wondered if the witness could have. The only thing is that the road doesn't seem to be heavily traveled but I don't know for sure.

I'm hoping Joe is hunkered down somewhere, maybe cold maybe scared but still alive. And I hope he's found soon! According to the sheriff there is air support, ground support, volunteer searchers and other agencies all working hard to bring this little guy home!

https://www.tennessean.com/videos/n...s-update-search-missing-5-year-old/489357002/

I wonder why the witness didn’t do more. Nonetheless I’m glad they came forward. Jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The parents discovered him missing at 5:30 a.m? Is it still dark out?
What time did the motorist say he saw him?

The parents discovered him missing at 5:30 a.m? Is it still dark out?
What time did the motorist say he saw him?

Early reports said the parents discovered him missing around 5:20 am when they got up to get him ready for school so yeah, the passerby would have seen him earlier. Sunrise was at 6:28 on the 4th. Twilight started about 5:01 am so it was probably still pretty dark when he was spotted but not completely dark. It must have been close to the time Joe left since the reported area was on Garners Creek Rd. about 100 yards from the home. LE hasn't released the exact time.

It's frustrating because it appears he was still in the window of being found when the passerby saw him. The person is probably kicking him/her self. While I don't understand why they didn't stop or at least call police right away I kind of understand. I guess. It's a rural area and maybe kids walk along the road in early morning to school buses or something. I dunno. :(

In the video of today's update that I posted upthread the sheriff said that TBI was working on the witness sighting but so far they've determined it was a valid sighting since the witness was able to describe the clothes/pyjamas Joe was wearing. So I'll take it as truth unless we hear differently. And if it wasn't for that I'd be suspicious given the time that's elapsed.

You make a good point though that Joe could have been picked up by a passing motorist - ha, I even wondered if the witness could have. The only thing is that the road doesn't seem to be heavily traveled but I don't know for sure.

I'm hoping Joe is hunkered down somewhere, maybe cold maybe scared but still alive. And I hope he's found soon! According to the sheriff there is air support, ground support, volunteer searchers and other agencies all working hard to bring this little guy home!

https://www.tennessean.com/videos/n...s-update-search-missing-5-year-old/489357002/

BBM How does LE know the witness hadn't already heard the description of the clothing he was in and he was simply repeating what he heard. Don't get me wrong, I trust LE knows what they are doing but that's a pretty tenuous detail to use as proof of the witness' sighting.

BBM How does LE know the witness hadn't already heard the description of the clothing he was in and he was simply repeating what he heard. Don't get me wrong, I trust LE knows what they are doing but that's a pretty tenuous detail to use as proof of the witness' sighting.

Ha! You're even more cynical than me! But yeah, that could be the case. Right now we don't know when the witness came forward so that may determine the veracity of their sighting. TBI has that info and hopefully has vetted the statement. And if they haven't then IMO it would be because they have a reason to put it out to the public.

There have been a few cases where searchers were close by but initially missed the lost child. Jerold Williams, who disappeared from a campsite in the Grand Canyon and was found 4 days later just a few miles away comes to mind. Little kids are, well, little and a non-verbal kid won't even call out if they spot an adult.

I'm trying to stay optimistic.

Early reports said the parents discovered him missing around 5:20 am when they got up to get him ready for school so yeah, the passerby would have seen him earlier. Sunrise was at 6:28 on the 4th. Twilight started about 5:01 am so it was probably still pretty dark when he was spotted but not completely dark. It must have been close to the time Joe left since the reported area was on Garners Creek Rd. about 100 yards from the home. LE hasn't released the exact time.

It's frustrating because it appears he was still in the window of being found when the passerby saw him. The person is probably kicking him/her self. While I don't understand why they didn't stop or at least call police right away I kind of understand. I guess. It's a rural area and maybe kids walk along the road in early morning to school buses or something. I dunno. :(

Strange to see a little guy walking alone in the dark. I can't imagine not doing something! Was he barefoot too?
Something about this sighting seems off imo.

5:20 seems early to wake up a child for elementary school. My elementary school starts at 7:55. Breakfast starts at 7:30.

He found a hidden key??? Guess it wasn't hidden too well. And I don't know about this witness that claims to have seen him but didn't stop. Idk what to think about any of this.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'll spare the details so as not to derail the thread, but I have an autistic child who could figure out locks, find keys and figure out combination padlocks like nothing I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay