Still Missing TN - Joseph "Joe Clyde" Daniels, 5, Dickson, 3 Apr 2018 *autistic* *arrests* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They say it was human error - a glitch - that caused the 1st degree murder charges against Kyrstal - maybe they WILL be coming in the future, and someone just didn't know the date on when to put that there! Would be nice!

from Burton S. Scaggs

Joseph Daniels is being now being held at Riverbend Maximum Security Institution in Nashville.

He is there under "safe keeping" status. That means he will be housed near "death row" and in a maximum security pod. He will have no physical contact with other inmates.

Sources say he will move soon to another area Nashville area institution to begin pre-trial testing (Mental Health).

Joseph Daniels To Undergo First Mental Evaluation

Article said:
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The Dickson County father accused of killing 5-year-old Joe Clyde Daniels is expected to undergo his first mental health evaluation since being arrested.
[.....]
Lockert requested for the evaluation to be held at the Centerstone Mental Health Center in Clarksville.
"Juvenile court also needed to have this done. There are actions filed in juvenile court to terminate my client's parental right in regards to all the kids," said Lockert.
[.....]
Lockert stated that a mental evaluation will help with possible medication needs. He said prior to the arrest, Daniels was on several medications, including Lithium, for his mental health.
Another medication was Risperdal, a drug that mental and mood disorders such as bipolar disorder and schizophrenia.
[.....]
A status hearing for the Daniels is scheduled in August. A tentative trial date has been set for August 2019.

I thought the tentative trial date was 3/19/19 - ??

How can this mother not get a serious charge as she knew her child was being beaten so severely?
They're not as serious as a murder charge but they're not misdemeanors either. She was indicted by a Special Session of the Dickson County Grand Jury on three counts: Criminal responsibility, aggravated child neglect and filing a false report.

*Criminal responsibility/Accessory after the fact T.C.A 39-11-411, a class E felony, punishable by 1 to 6 years in prison.
*Aggravated child abuse and aggravated child neglect or endangerment T.C.A. 39-15-402 a(3), a class A felony (The act of abuse, neglect or endangerment was especially heinous, atrocious or cruel, or involved the infliction of torture to the victim.) Punishable by 15 to 60 years in prison.
*Filing a false report T.C.A. 39-16-502 (a)(2)(B), a class D felony, punishable by 2 to 12 years in prison.

I won't be surprised if she gets a deal in exchange for testifying against Joseph if this goes to trial. I'm not sure why she wasn't charged with felony murder.
Their Indictments: https://media.wkrn.com/nxs-wkrntv-media-us-east-1/document_dev/2018/06/08/Joseph and Krystal Daniels indictments_1528485612067_44885905_ver1.0.pdf
Tennessee Code Title 39. Criminal Offenses § 39-15-402 | FindLaw
Tennessee Code Title 39. Criminal Offenses § 39-16-502 | FindLaw
Tennessee Felony Crimes by Class and Sentences
** I'm Not A Lawyer**

It surprised me!!! I thought he was aboUT as smart as a box of rocks.

Well, there's intellect and there's common sense. You can have one without the other. I've known people who struggled to finish high school, but they had common sense and good moral fiber and they went on to make good lives for themselves. And the flip side is that you can be intellectually gifted, but not have a clue about what it takes to even eke out a basic living, or how to get along with people.

Hearing about his high IQ just makes it worse. That intelligence could have been used to help society and benefit the entire world. Instead it was wasted and a precious little boy paid the ultimate price. I have no sympathy for him but it adds to the loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Renayz23