TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How old is her other son? She has a 21 year old and ?

What would have she had with her, if she HAD decided to do a walkaway? Do we know?
Not that I believe she did.

Good question. I recall her cellphone being missing but was her purse found? Keys? Wallet? Credit cards?

How old is her other son? She has a 21 year old and ?

I think the second son is 18 or 19, he started college (UT Martin) in July of this year. My guess is that these boys were from the first time they were married, and 2 girls from second marriage to same husband.

Perhaps her body was burned to be dispose of. We know they are awaiting forensic testing (processing) to determine what happened. It could be they are really awaiting forensic testing to determine what they believe are burned remains to see if they are human and that of Karen.

JMO

Maybe, but in a rural place like that people would notice something burning if it was close to the road.

I have a feeling they found some clothing, and they may get forensic evidence from that, including any perps involved.

From this link (already posted above):

http://www.stategazette.com/story/1782538.html

Investigators believe the vehicle was originally headed south (into Dyersburg), but had a flat tire and the vehicle pulled across the oncoming lane and was parked in the opposite direction.

That is what I had thought, but I wonder what specifically makes LE believe that.

Police trying to solve the disappearance of Karen Johnson Swift have recovered her clothing, the woman's friend reports. Swift, a mother of four, has been missing since her car was found abandoned on a rural Tennessee road on Oct. 30.

"They found her Halloween costume in the car. Some other articles of clothing that belonged to her -- a pair of jeans and a gray zip-up -- were found in some brush not far from her car. They confirmed [the clothing items] belong to her. They took DNA from her mother and compared it to DNA on the clothes," Swift's friend Laura Jane told The Huffington Post.

The Dyer County Sheriff's Office has yet to confirm the find. Calls to the agency are directed to a voicemail for a Sheriff Jeff Boxx. The sheriff has yet to return multiple requests for comment from The Huffington Post.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/09/karen-johnson-swift-missing-clothing_n_1084468.html

Oh dear! This makes me think it wasn't the husband. Why would the husband take her jeans off if it was "just" a domestic rage attack? It sounds more like a sexual attack.

ETA: Please don't misunderstand my "oh dear". I didn't mean to imply that I was concerned that it wasn't likely the husband. I would actually 'prefer', if there can actually be such a thing in this kind of case, that it wasn't the husband. That family photo touched me. I hope, for their children's sake, that their father wasn't involved.

Oh dear! This makes me think it wasn't the husband. Why would the husband take her jeans off if it was "just" a domestic rage attack? It sounds more like a sexual attack.

ETA: Please don't misunderstand my "oh dear". I didn't mean to imply that I was concerned that it wasn't likely the husband. I would actually 'prefer', if there can actually be such a thing in this kind of case, that it wasn't the husband. That family photo touched me. I hope, for their children's sake, that their father wasn't involved.

A set up to make it look like a sexual attack? If the clothes were found and not her body, I'm going to guess they were planted there. A "stranger" perp doesn't usually rape and then take a naked woman with him and/or dump her body far.

My theory is Karen picked up her daughter, brought her home and decided to go out and continue to party. Soon to be ex snapped.

I'll eat crow if he's not involved. I have a year supply in my freezer. My next meal after this case will be when mom gets arrested in baby Lisa's case.

A set up to make it look like a sexual attack? If the clothes were found and not her body, I'm going to guess they were planted there. A "stranger" perp doesn't usually rape and then take a naked woman with him and/or dump her body far.

My theory is Karen picked up her daughter, brought her home and decided to go out and continue to party. Soon to be ex snapped.

I'll eat crow if he's not involved. I have a year supply in my freezer. My next meal after this case will be when mom gets arrested in baby Lisa's case.

n/t -- please don't ruin my illusion!!!

From this link (already posted above):

http://www.stategazette.com/story/1782538.html

That is what I had thought, but I wonder what specifically makes LE believe that.

RE change in direction of vehicle: I imagine LE has determined this by tracing tire tracks that match the tread of Ms. Swift's vehicle. The big question is why would the car suddenly change direction? Did someone intentionally cause damage to her car and she tried to elude him as he pursued her? Or, was the car disabled by the flat tire (unknowingly caused by sabotage), and when she got out to look at the damage, she was ambushed; her assailant then turned the car around to throw LE off the trail?

I wonder if the flat tire was caused by: a bullet or other missive; a foreign object in the road; or air being let out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme