DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Deputies arrest man accused of poisoning Swifts' dog

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Arrest made during search for Karen Swift
Hogshooter

Dyer County Sheriff's deputies arrested a suspect on an outstanding felony warrant for animal cruelty while searching for evidence in the Karen Johnson Swift case.

http://stategazette.com/story/1781533.html

Deputies arrest man accused of poisoning Swifts' dog

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Arrest made during search for Karen Swift
Hogshooter

Dyer County Sheriff's deputies arrested a suspect on an outstanding felony warrant for animal cruelty while searching for evidence in the Karen Johnson Swift case.

Ut oh. He certainly looks like he could carry someone her size.

John E. Hogshooter?

OMG, you can't make this stuff up!

Karen Swift was reported to have gone to the dwelling to speak to Hogshooter, but he was not there and she saw a blue rocky substance in a pan. The dog was taken to an animal clinic and was given medication to counteract the alleged poison, then was released after overnight observation.

A neighbor of the Swifts is also said by officials to have had their dog poisoned in the same incident and the dog had died.

Hogshooter's Harness Road address is approximately 50 yards from the Swift residence on Willie Johnson Road, and almost directly across the road from the address where the other dog was allegedly found poisoned.

Considering this information, and the close proximity to the house, now I wonder if the flat tire was from a tire slashing or some other kind of retaliation? Scary!

Eeeek....sounds a little bit over the top to me. Why couldn't they just say "friendly"? Do they actually think that many of their fellow citizens from other towns and cities are unpatriotic? Would they not welcome someone who is not 'God-fearing'? Doesn't sound too friendly to me.

(I admit it is likely well-intentioned. And sorry if I've stepped out of line here.) :innocent:

Love all of you guys, I say sheepishly.

Ya, my thoughts too. Sounds more like some crazy militia folks.

Oh no...:(

In one of the articles above, it says that LE had been searching around her home. And this man lived 50 yards away.

I do have to say that this blows my theory out of the water. If this man ends up being responsible, it will be another lesson learned, kwim?

Oh no...:(

In one of the articles above, it says that LE had been searching around her home. And this man lived 50 yards away.

I do have to say that this blows my theory out of the water. If this man ends up being responsible, it will be another lesson learned, kwim?

He could still be a red herring and not connected to her disappearance. Only time will tell.

Wow! Interesting turn of events!
Since husband reported this, could it be a red-herring?
With the arrest of Hogshooter, couldn't LE get a search warrant for his house etc... that might be a helpful break.

I have read several places now her cell pinged near the Mississippi River and then shut off.How close is that to where her SUV was found.Locals?

Well, that all depends upon "where" near the Miss. River as that encompasses a very large geographical area. My estimate would be anywhere from 15 miles and beyond, but possibly about 25 miles away. Plus, from where she lived, it is highway driving, and then mostly interstate driving to get to the River. So there would be no red lights and no traffic. After getting to what is called Great River Road, I would think some backroad travel would have occurred.

JMO but I am a local.

I don't think this guy (Hogshooter) has anything to do with Karen's disappearance. It just wouldn't explain what she was doing outside at that hour of night, and how she would have bumped into him.

Yes, you can get to all those various places via highways, but also have to go over some high mountains and drive hours and hours. I don't think there is some mad kidnapper driving the roads looking for divorcing women - how would that even happen?

As a Tennessean, the main thing that bothers me is the fact that police here don't take these cases seriously. I don't like to criticize LE, but they need to hit the ground running and start in the home, not elsewhere.

Mothers don't just wander off around here, or start a new life without their children. I just don't buy that.

The main similarity in all these cases is the bad relationship with a spouse. To me that's the link police should be investigating. The problem is, as in the Palmgren case, if someone disappears in a car then the home is not considered a crime scene. At least they found this woman's car, so maybe there will be something there for them to search.

A SIMPLE THANKS Was not enough!!!..

My heart breaks for the MANY Families of the Missing boys, girls, men and women in America Today...

Who is taking the lives of the UNUSUALLLY Hign Numbers of the Missing?

What is being done to solve the MANY Cold Cases that Law Enforcement just shelves for another day?

When will the families have closure for their Loss of a Loved One?

Where are the murders hiding their victims.. guessin there are just too many lakes, rivers and dense forests..So Sad??

Why ARE the MISSING PEOPLE in America not given the Law Enforcement time to solve their cases?

How do these terrible things keep happening to so MANY wonderful people?

Are the the soon to be Ex-Husbands always the LAST Person to see these Poor Women alive????

Dear God ..Please Bring Home the Many Missing Children and Adults..their families Need Some Closure!

Is this the same neighbor that reported that he recognized her vehicle on the road and looked for her inside?

Is this the same neighbor that reported that he recognized her vehicle on the road and looked for her inside?

No, his name is Marty Lamb:

"(Dyersburg, TN 11/2/2011) Marty Lamb was driving to work around 5:30 AM Sunday when he found Karen Swift's car with a flat tire on Millsville Road in Dyersburg. He says he didn't call police because he didn't think anything of it.

"I noticed it was her vehicle so I pulled in behind it and shined my lights, and I could see that she wasn't in her vehicle," said Lamb."

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-dyersburg-mom-missing,0,7442521.story

John E. Hogshooter?

OMG, you can't make this stuff up!

Considering this information, and the close proximity to the house, now I wonder if the flat tire was from a tire slashing or some other kind of retaliation? Scary!

Wow. A lot of crazy going on in the comments at the end of the article. A lot of dog haters, some who hate Mr. Hogshooter and at least one who seems to hate women.

The dog incident happened on Oct 7th. Karen goes missing Oct 30th. Coincidentally, TBI receives the results back from the lab now and arrests this guy?

Talk about bad timing for Mr. Hogshooter. If this guy isn't involved, holy smokes. What are the chances of something like this tying in so nicely for LE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro