TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember, in Holly Bobo's case, they also found evidence. However, months later, we are no closer to knowing where Holly is.

I am praying for Karen. This case is under my skin. I just hope that she is found safe, but I know the odds, and I just do not feel good about this at all!

Somehow I have a better feeling in this case. I don't know why, but I do!

Let's find out what happened to Karen! We're here for you Karen. There are many caring people who care what happened to you.

If Karen did go to a Halloween party,she was probably wearing a costume.I don't understand her dropping the kids off so late,or was that his timeline?

If Karen did go to a Halloween party,she was probably wearing a costume.I don't understand her dropping the kids off so late,or was that his timeline?

Is it possible that both parents had something going on that night and their daughter had a sleep over at a friend's house? Perhaps the daughter got sick and Karen was called to come pick her up. They went home...Karen lied down with her to soothe her. Karen got up when she heard her husband come in the house. They talked on the landing and then each went to lie down elsewhere in the house. Who knows what happened after that?

Of course all of this is pure speculation on my part, but would serve to explain the act of picking a child up at 1:30 in the morning and then lying down with her.

This is regarding the person who jumped the bridge into the Mississippi discussion earlier today. He was a child molester. Don't think any connection to Karen, imo. He was from Kennett, MO...for all those remembering Breeann Rodriguez. :(

http://www.dddnews.com/story/1781245.html

This is regarding the person who jumped the bridge into the Mississippi discussion earlier today. He was a child molester. Don't think any connection to Karen, imo. He was from Kennett, MO...for all those remembering Breeann Rodriguez. :(

Thanks so much, Hollyblue. Are you implying that this was Shawn Morgan?

If so, what a tragic end to a pathetic life.

this is horrible.. this guy..

but how do we know it is not related?

there is so little news on her case.

yes I personally am having holly bobo case flashbacks related to the silence in this state (tbi)

and local media is maybe updating one time a day....

Thanks so much, Hollyblue. Are you implying that this was Shawn Morgan?

If so, what a tragic end to a pathetic life.

No, Shawn's behind bars. Here's the info on this guy:

"As of [this morning], we still haven't found him," said Captain Ryan Holder of the Pemiscot County Sheriff's Office, who identified the subject as Donald J. Davis, 64, of Kennett.

Other agencies involved in the search include the Dyer County, Tenn., Sheriff's Department; Missouri State Highway Patrol; and Bootheel Drug Task Force. Davis was arrested on Sept. 30, 2010, on charges of statuatory sodomy in the first degree and possession of child *advertiser censored*. He is scheduled to appear at 1 p.m., on Nov. 22, at New Madrid, Mo.

this is horrible.. this guy..

but how do we know it is not related?

there is so little news on her case.

yes I personally am having holly bobo case flashbacks related to the silence in this state (tbi)

and local media is maybe updating one time a day....

I was just thinking he was into children, but it could be a possibility and why was Dyer Co SD interested in him? Cell phone? Wonder if he has friends, relatives or was going to a party in the area also?

I have read several places now her cell pinged near the Mississippi River and then shut off.How close is that to where her SUV was found.Locals?

The details in this case are so confusing. This article says Karen picked up her daughter at a Halloween party at 1:30 am because daughter wasn't feeling well. When daughter awakens at 6:00 am, mom is gone.

But didn't she live with her soon to be ex? Wouldn't he have been home? Why am I so confused? Help me out. :banghead:

"She had picked her daughter up from a Halloween party around 1:30 that morning because [her daughter] was not feeling well," Swift's close friend, Carrie Engelhardt, told The Huffington Post. "She went to bed with her daughter, and when the girl woke up around 6 a.m., her mother was gone."

Swift's vehicle, a white 2004 Nissan Murano, was found abandoned on the Millsfield Highway, roughly a half mile away from her home. The vehicle had a flat tire.

A neighbor, Marty Lamb, spotted Swift's disabled vehicle around 5:30 a.m. when he was driving to work.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/04/karen-johnson-swift_n_1076815.html

I have read several places now her cell pinged near the Mississippi River and then shut off.How close is that to where her SUV was found.Locals?

My guess would be the phone was thrown into the river and that is what caused it to shut off.

JMO

The officers formed a line along Millsfield Highway and walked west, combing woods, fields, ditches and thickets of overgrown brush.

Dyer County Sheriff Jeff Box organized the search and said they were going back over the area more carefully and searching for even the tiniest bit of evidence that could be connected to Swift's disappearance.
Roughly, thirty minutes into their search, Box stated Strike Team members had found evidence in an overgrown area believed to be connected to Swift.

"We will have to wait for the results to come back," said Box.
http://www.stategazette.com/story/1781372.html

Prayers that Karen is found. Sadly, I feel this is another situation where the husband is involved in the disappearance of his wife. She's seen at 1:30 a.m. by her husband and then gone at 6 a.m. Something is strange here.

Thinking and worrying about Karen today! I certainly hope LE has a presser soon and provides us with more information. I really hope that LE has more evidence than we know about.

With all do respect to Ms. Swift but does anyone know if she was seeing any special friend?

I haven't seen anything that mentions a 'special friend'. There's not much info available.... Truly hoping and praying for her safe return!!!!!!!!

It's late and I haven't had the opportunity to read all the links, forgive if these suggestions have been made, but...

if the dog got no scent of her around the car, could she have been carried from the car? and could it be a red herring - taken there while she went off/was taken in the opposite direction in another vehicle?

who wanted the divorce - it says he had 10 days to respond, but did she file because SHE wanted out because of someone else, or because maybe he had someone else?

what mom would go off and leave a sick child in their bed without alerting someone in the house in case something were to happen? how old was the child?

why were they still living together, because she had nowhere to go, or because he didn't?

:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member