TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so surprised there is no more news! I mean helicopter and dog searches and TBI involved... it is just so silent!

BBMI could be wrong, but silent seems to be the TBI's MO. They were too silent in Holly Bobo's case IMHO as well and that lead to speculation and misinformation as the media tried to report with nothing to report on. Again, I hate to say it, but I am not a fan of the TBI. They do not have a great track record lately on solving cases.

I see all the latest news saying,
" Dyer County Sheriff Jeff Box told The State Gazette that the investigation is being treated as a missing person case and there have not been any signs of foul play."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/0...s-continue-to-search-for-missing-mother-four/

Strange, as this article clearly states that foul play is suspected.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/mother-missing-tennessee/story?id=14867155

ETA: I reread you quote and I see it is basically saying that no evidence of foul play has yet been found. However, I think that foul play may be suspected, but who knows as LE and TBI are not giving pressers. :sigh: Where are you Karen?!

Good question. Seems hubby doesn't want to talk to reporters.

From your link:

Investigators are also focusing more attention on Swift's timeline before she disappeared and cell phone records. Box stated Swift's cell phone has not been located and when it is called it goes straight to voicemail. He also noted that cell phone records show her phone accessed the Internet sometime on Sunday morning.

FWIW my understanding is the hubby did report her as missing.

he said earlier today that this weekend was the opening of juvie hunting season and iirc asked hunters to keep an eye out

Juvie hunt was last week end here. The week end she went missing.HTH
My hubby is a deer hunter or else I would not know this,lol, other than seeing all the deer killed by youths last week end.

Muzzleloader season begins tomorrow..........yeaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

So sad to hear of another missing mother! Seems that LE would be able to tell pretty quick if the tire had been flattened intentionally but since they are reported as saying that there's no evidence of foul play, that must not be the case. It must be pretty apparent that it's an actual accidental flat right?

Praying for Karen!!!!

not saying this is connected... but dyer county is also on this investigation:

http://www.stategazette.com/story/1781022.html

I found it when seeing if the local paper had an update ((interesting they are not releasing the make and model of the car!))

Reading sources inside investigation say her last phone pings were around the Miss. River. ?? Can't post the link, but here's the search. If not ok to post, please delete.

< mod snip >

What I'm trying to say is that if the tire was intentionally flattened, LE would know this already right? They can tell if it was cut, air let out, etc. by now.

What I'm trying to say is that if the tire was intentionally flattened, LE would know this already right? They can tell if it was cut, air let out, etc. by now.

Surely they can. I know everybody is frustrated but after following cases on here I do understand why there is no info coming out. LE just cannot comment until they know something for sure.

Regarding the dogs not picking up her scent around the vehicle, I'd like to know whose scent the dogs *can* pick up... especially any likely POI's. :innocent:

Just saw a case on the tube where a hubby that tried to set up the "the flat tire scenario" was convicted. Can't remember the name, but buried her in a shallow grave and then returned later with a back hoe to place 8' of soil over it. :crazy: It was the tire that got him.

This seems like a rerun of other cases we have followed here. (sigh) I did watch the 'Saving Sarah' (Maynard) on TV last night and realized that while LE releases information, they may keep one small part of it back. I was wondering how they knew Sarah was alive (her bloody footprint) and the others were deceased (amount of blood). Out of the info LE released, maybe just 5% (KEY evidence) was held back. Enough to keep people looking but not enough to let the perp know they were closing in.

I think Jacque Rawson Waller had a 'flat tire'. I think it was cut but that didn't come out until much later IIRC.

Glad to see LE working the case but keep in mind, they are not going to give the perp a heads up. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE