TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone noticed how much Karen looks like an older Holly Bobo? (Sorry if this has been mentioned, I didn't read the entire thread.

Yes, with blond hair, green eyes, and beautiful; and only 1 - 1/2 hours away - we cannot totally discount the notion that there may be a connection. However, with after recently filing for divorce... I admit that I am too cynical after reading time and time again who is usually responsible in these cases. Especially given the small children at home. The other reason why I am initially hesitant to go along the lines as a serial person is that she went missing in the middle of the night. That part just baffles me!

The flat tire bothers me. I don't know why. I am sure LE has all this information and I have full faith in them. A flat tire would have put her in harm's way if someone was watching her.....I am sure there are ways to tell all about flat tires and I surely don't know the first dang thing about tires....just brainstorming here. It bothers me and I don't know why. Because it is so close to her home? If something else was going on did the tire play a part in fouling something up? I need to just shut up and keep quiet and read,lol.
It is quiet here guys.....we are getting the same news reports you all are. Nobody is talking and I guess that is as it should be and let the experienced folk do their job. So sad. What a beautiful family.

I wonder if her vehicle had the feature that lets you know when the air pressure in one of your tires is getting low? I think this is a feature many SUVs have, where a warning indicator light will let you know your tire is leaking air or getting low before it goes completely flat, and therefore you can get to somewhere before you're stranded. Maybe she ran over something to cause an immediate flat without any warning. idk

The flat tire bothers me. I don't know why. I am sure LE has all this information and I have full faith in them. A flat tire would have put her in harm's way if someone was watching her.....I am sure there are ways to tell all about flat tires and I surely don't know the first dang thing about tires....just brainstorming here. It bothers me and I don't know why. Because it is so close to her home? If something else was going on did the tire play a part in fouling something up? I need to just shut up and keep quiet and read,lol.
It is quiet here guys.....we are getting the same news reports you all are. Nobody is talking and I guess that is as it should be and let the experienced folk do their job. So sad. What a beautiful family.

nana, thanks for your post! Her case is so quiet?! What is going on!

I wonder if her vehicle had the feature that lets you know when the air pressure in one of your tires is getting low? I think this is a feature many SUVs have, where a warning indicator light will let you know your tire is leaking air or getting low before it goes completely flat, and therefore you can get to somewhere before you're stranded. Maybe she ran over something to cause an immediate flat without any warning. idk

Good thought there evelyn24. My car is older than hers but I do have an indicator that tells me if I have a low tire so I would bet hers did also...

nana, thanks for your post! Her case is so quiet?! What is going on!

nothing is being said. Everything is quiet....it is like waiting for a shoe to drop. Nada, nothing. As I said before, I have ultimate faith in our LE here. We are a small area but big in hearts.....I did not know this family but know of them......meaning I know a few folks that do know them but that is not too many. Guess we just have to wait and see what happens. So said for her family. Prayers she can come home safely.

Good thought there evelyn24. My car is older than hers but I do have an indicator that tells me if I have a low tire so I would bet hers did also...

Thanks Nana. I think this feature is standard on SUVs because of the issue of rollovers that were occurring years ago when SUVs were becoming so popular. Most of the rollovers were due to low tire pressure, and that made this feature very important. Mine will go off after a certain percentage of air has leaked out of the tire. That's why I think whatever happened to her tire was something sudden like she ran over something or it was intentionally flattened to get her vulnerable, or done after the fact of her leaving the vehicle to set up a story or to buy some time. Most people would see the SUV with a flat and just assume someone was coming back to haul it away and not bother with it, and not bother calling the police to investigate it. At least not right away.

Thanks Nana. I think this feature is standard on SUVs because of the issue of rollovers that were occurring years ago when SUVs were becoming so popular. Most of the rollovers were due to low tire pressure, and that made this feature very important. Mine will go off after a certain percentage of air has leaked out of the tire. That's why I think whatever happened to her tire was something sudden like she ran over something or it was intentionally flattened to get her vulnerable, or done after the fact of her leaving the vehicle to set up a story or to buy some time. Most people would see the SUV with a flat and just assume someone was coming back to haul it away and not bother with it, and not bother calling the police to investigate it. At least not right away.

Anybody ever tell you lately you have a good head on your shoulders???Awesome post evelyn24. Thanks!

Does anyone know which direction the car & tires were facing? Towards her home or away from it.

Does anyone know which direction the car & tires were facing? Towards her home or away from it.

I think I heard away from home...I have heard so much though that may not be correct. Hopefully I will drive out there this weekend of course the car is not there....just want to get a feel of how far it actually is from point A to point B.

Good to see you again Leomoon.

Nana since you are from TN could you tell me if divorce filings are public information and can they be obtained by going to a courthouse?

I don't know and I wish I did. Apparently they are as I have seen more than one news person holding them up.....we usually get the local divorce listings in our paper but that is after the divorce is final (no information included only the names.) If I can remember, I will call tomorrow and ask the courthouse about this. They can only answer yes or no right? LOL.

Nana since you are from TN could you tell me if divorce filings are public information and can they be obtained by going to a courthouse?

I'm not Nana, but I live in TN. :) Yes, divorce filings are public information and are even listed in the newspaper in TN. But we also have no-fault divorce, so you don't have to explain in a court filing every detail of your problems. You just have to cite something like irreconcilable differences, and that sounds like the case here.

I can understand her keeping it very quiet if this is her second divorce from this husband.

Good to see you again Leomoon.

Thanks Nana
:seeya: I've been around the various threads from time to time.

This one caught my eye of course, because of so many in this State.

I noticed someone created a FB page listing "missing women of Tenn"
and put Karen Swift on there along with Gail Palmgren, Holly Bobo, Shelly Mook, and two others: (Nancy Williams) whose body was found . She was 68, depressed when she went away or disappeared.
Also, Marsha Suzanne Hunt - who actually went back home herself after going missing one weekend.

So really it appears that so far, it's Holly (not married)....Shelley Mook, Karen Swift and Gail Palmgren who ALL were in a marriage, or divorce proceedings, some with custody disputes and all lived in Tennessee.

From what I read, it appears that Holly Bobo they surmise was targeted., but of course, that's just supposition now.

I hope as everyone here does, that justice will prevail for these mothers and their children.

MSM says this is also the area where Holly Bobo disappeared. Not that they are necessarily related. But the woods can be dense there and cover all kinds of crimes.

If the husband is not involved - if - did someone follow her and slice her tire while it was parked so it would go flat soon after, like shady gas stations used to? Who used her phone to access the internet at 5 a.m.?

I'm not Nana, but I live in TN. :) Yes, divorce filings are public information and are even listed in the newspaper in TN. But we also have no-fault divorce, so you don't have to explain in a court filing every detail of your problems. You just have to cite something like irreconcilable differences, and that sounds like the case here.

I can understand her keeping it very quiet if this is her second divorce from this husband.

That's not why I was asking :). It just appears that many women who are getting divorced are missing in TN. I haven't really followed these cases but that seems to be the common link. It can't be that all of these husbands are making their wives disappear....wondering if there is a serial killer loose and how they pick their victims is via the divorce filings? Maybe they stalk them...who would LE look at first? The husband.....

But then again I could be off in left field :floorlaugh:

That's not why I was asking :). It just appears that many women who are getting divorced are missing in TN. I haven't really followed these cases but that seems to be the common link. It can't be that all of these husbands are making their wives disappear....wondering if there is a serial killer loose and how they pick their victims is via the divorce filings? Maybe they stalk them...who would LE look at first? The husband.....

But then again I could be off in left field :floorlaugh:

I'll tell you the similarity between all these cases. The soon-to-be ex-husbands are white, affluent, credible, and are either deacons of the church or pillars of the community (at least in public). Therefore the police waste time believing their shifty stories while evidence goes missing and the husband lawyers up. By then, the case is cold.

That is the similarity that I see happening. If these women were minorities they still might not be found, but you can bet their husbands would be grilled by LE from day one and would be suspect number one.

And really this happens everywhere, not just Tennessee. We are having an epidemic, maybe due to the economic crisis and people not wanting to pay for divorces. It's appalling! They don't want to divide up assets, they don't want to talk about shared custody and child support.

I'm not saying that is what happened in this case since it is way too early to know. But in general, I think that's what is happening in Tennessee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member