TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her cell phone is also missing. Police said it was last used at about 5am on Sunday when Mrs Swift accessed the internet on the device.

Cops are working with the phone company to pinpoint its last location. Her husband has not been named as a suspect in the case.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nished-Halloween-party.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

We don't know if she's the one who accessed the internet or not right? Just because someone used it, doesn't mean ot was KS. I wonder if they're able to track what sites the person accessed.

15940482_BG3.jpg

Where her vehicle was last seen, on Millsfield Highway near Harness Rd.

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/15940482/search-continues-for-missing-dyer-county-mom

This is very close to their house on Willie Johnson Rd.....easy walking distance by the looks of it.

Regarding whether the car was facing 'heading home' or 'heading away from home', the photo posted earlier shows the spot (as defined by the media, so not necessarily 100% accurate). I had looked at google maps and plotted the point where I thought that was, based on the features in the photo above.

According to news reports the car was facing north and the spot I've marked is on the right hand side of the road, immediately at the intersection of Millsfield Hwy and Harness Rd.

In this spot it appears that someone could have been driving north on Millsfield, approaching Harness Rd (i.e. heading home from the south), or could have pulled out from Harness Rd onto Millsfield and pulled up on the side of the road immediately across from the intersection (i.e. heading away from home).

Oh, here's the map link I posted earlier.

(I had highlighted the ponds that can be seen a very short distance from the spot where the car was found, but if search dogs didn't find her scent around her car, then I wonder if she was even in it when the car was parked there. I would also think that LE would have already searched them.

Oh, here's the map link I posted earlier.

(I had highlighted the ponds that can be seen a very short distance from the spot where the car was found, but if search dogs didn't find her scent around her car, then I wonder if she was even in it when the car was parked there. I would also think that LE would have already searched them.

Thanks for the map - that's really interesting! :seeya:

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-swift-day-5,0,4926315.story

FAST FACTS:
Bad weather grounded helicopter crews and bloodhounds searching for Karen Swift
Investigators have been searching for her for five days
Going over evidence collected last night to see if they can connect it to Swift

(Dyersburg, TN, 11/3/11) Investigators are examining evidence collected over night in the missing persons case of Karen Swift

"We are collecting some evidence but to actually pinpoint it to her right now, we can't say it's hers," said Dyer County Sheriff Jeff Box.

They search by air and on the ground all night until around 5 AM when the weather got to bad for the dogs and choppers.

also:

this article and video says they think she went missing between 3-6am.. have they been able to narrow the timeline?

Sheriff Jeff Box says they're interviewing people around town on what the may have seen and asking local businesses to review surveillance video from between 3 and 6 AM sunday.

They say that's the time she disappeared from her abandoned car with a flat tire on Millsville Highway

He added they would perform a more intensified multi-agency search for Swift on Friday on both the ground and from the air.

Investigators are also focusing more attention on Swift's timeline before she disappeared and cell phone records. Box stated Swift's cell phone has not been located and when it is called it goes straight to voicemail. He also noted that cell phone records show her phone accessed the Internet sometime on Sunday morning.

"We are still conducting interviews with friends and family members and definitely trying to pinpoint her whereabouts," said Box.

Box is not ruling out foul play at this point in the investigation, but noted there has not been any evidence that would lead them to take the investigation in that direction.

Investigators are still awaiting the results from the TBI crime lab, which Swift's SUV was sent to earlier this week. Other pieces of potential evidence have been collected and Box said they could yield more information after being processed.

"We'll be looking for DNA and fingerprints on any of the items we recovered," said Box.
http://www.stategazette.com/story/1781135.html

I'll tell you the similarity between all these cases. The soon-to-be ex-husbands are white, affluent, credible, and are either deacons of the church or pillars of the community (at least in public). Therefore the police waste time believing their shifty stories while evidence goes missing and the husband lawyers up. By then, the case is cold.

That is the similarity that I see happening. If these women were minorities they still might not be found, but you can bet their husbands would be grilled by LE from day one and would be suspect number one.

And really this happens everywhere, not just Tennessee. We are having an epidemic, maybe due to the economic crisis and people not wanting to pay for divorces. It's appalling! They don't want to divide up assets, they don't want to talk about shared custody and child support.

I'm not saying that is what happened in this case since it is way too early to know. But in general, I think that's what is happening in Tennessee.

LE needs to stop allowing themselves to be fooled by who the husband appears to be in the public eye. IMO, men who have positioned themselves in jobs or church offices which command respect and authority are very likely to have personality problems such as narcissism and control issues. They spend all of their energy keeping up with their public persona and take out their aggression and anger on their wives and children. Families are often financially dependent upon the man's income and women fear that their husband's position in the community would make it easy for him to have the upper hand in a divorce. I know from experience that men like this regularly use the threat of taking the children to make sure the wife keeps his ugly secrets.

In our society, it is easy for a man to have a mask of good character to hide the ugliness of his true self. It works, because men stick together. They don't see eachothers faults because they don't want anyone looking too closely at theirs. MOO

LE needs to stop allowing themselves to be fooled by who the husband appears to be in the public eye. IMO, men who have positioned themselves in jobs or church offices which command respect and authority are very likely to have personality problems such as narcissism and control issues. They spend all of their energy keeping up with their public persona and take out their aggression and anger on their wives and children. Families are often financially dependent upon the man's income and women fear that their husband's position in the community would make it easy for him to have the upper hand in a divorce. I know from experience that men like this regularly use the threat of taking the children to make sure the wife keeps his ugly secrets.

In our society, it is easy for a man to have a mask of good character to hide the ugliness of his true self. It works, because men stick together. They don't see eachothers faults because they don't want anyone looking too closely at theirs. MOO

I agree that men in position make themselves "look" competent and all on the up-and-up. Look at the video that recently came out from the girl that was beat when she was a teenager by her Judge father. I watched just a moment of the video and couldn't continue. It made me :sick: to my stomache. Yet, he has held a position of power and prestige. It doesn't mean that he is without fault or without the ability to lose his temper and do the unthinkable.

Wow, dog men much?? lol

While I have known men like this, and it's easy to think that all men are like this when you've been burned or when you hear about all the bad ones on a crime board somewhere; there are PLENTY of GOOD men in authority and public eye that respect their wives and families.

Just sayin' .... :twocents:

Rock on.

I'll tell you the similarity between all these cases. The soon-to-be ex-husbands are white, affluent, credible, and are either deacons of the church or pillars of the community (at least in public). Therefore the police waste time believing their shifty stories while evidence goes missing and the husband lawyers up. By then, the case is cold.

That is the similarity that I see happening. If these women were minorities they still might not be found, but you can bet their husbands would be grilled by LE from day one and would be suspect number one.

And really this happens everywhere, not just Tennessee. We are having an epidemic, maybe due to the economic crisis and people not wanting to pay for divorces. It's appalling! They don't want to divide up assets, they don't want to talk about shared custody and child support.

I'm not saying that is what happened in this case since it is way too early to know. But in general, I think that's what is happening in Tennessee.

As I said I really don't know much about these cases. I read what is posted here and I belong to GP group on FB. There also isn't much information about the cases in the news. I guess this doesn't sell as well as the drama that goes on in missing children's cases :(.

Regardless of who their husbands are and how much they make, there seems to be a problem in TN. I find it hard to believe that each of these husbands are responsible for their wives missing. In this case we haven't heard much about the husband so for me it's hard to point my finger in his direction.

I would hope that LE doesn't turn a blind eye to the husbands just because of who they are in the community.....

At first I was thinking that the internet connection from the phone early that morning was the perp looking up a map or some info about where to hide a body (I really think that's what happened here...:(). And that the ping location may pinpoint where she is. Now I'm wondering if the phone use that morning is a red herring? So that LE will go look in a different place than where she really is?

Wow, dog men much?? lol

While I have known men like this, and it's easy to think that all men are like this when you've been burned or when you hear about all the bad ones on a crime board somewhere; there are PLENTY of GOOD men in authority and public eye that respect their wives and families.

Just sayin' .... :twocents:

Rock on.

BBM

....and what do THEY look like? LOL j/k :floorlaugh:

I am so surprised there is no more news! I mean helicopter and dog searches and TBI involved... it is just so silent!

At first I was thinking that the internet connection from the phone early that morning was the perp looking up a map or some info about where to hide a body (I really think that's what happened here...:(). And that the ping location may pinpoint where she is. Now I'm wondering if the phone use that morning is a red herring? So that LE will go look in a different place than where she really is?

I wish we had a little more info from LE, but I'm thinking she wasn't the one that "left" the car there either. Was the car locked? Was her purse inside... wallet or anything she used to carry her license and dr/cr cards in?

OK we have her last seen at 1:30 am bringing the kids back to the house and being seen by the dh in the stairwell..right? LE are now looking at the time between 3 and 5 am...... So, where was she going? Over to a friend's for the night? Back to a/the party? Back to meet others from the party for a late night snack or early morning breakfast? Where was the party? Was it a children's party, etc? Why were young children out till 1:30? Was the party in her hometown..111 miles away?

And just where does the daughter's story about them falling asleep together and then dd wakes up in another bed fit into all this?

I wish some media was reading here...or local LE so we could get some answers! Karen's missing has been picked up by HLN..saw it last night on Dr Drew and either JVM or NG too.

Where is she??? Four children need their mom. My eyes did zoom in on the 'divorcing' bit because it seems to happen so much. But no matter the cause, people have to stop discarding humans out of some twisted sense of inconvenience.

I hope my fears are off base and she is somehow found safe and unharmed. My prayers are with all concerned.

Just wanted to post this info as the Sheriff brought it up. I don't know if this would be relevant or not?
Young Sportsman*Oct. 29-30, 2011 and
Jan. 7-8, 2012

*Youths 6-16 years of age only. Each young sportsman must be accompanied by a non-hunting adult, 21 years of age or older, who must remain in a position to take immediate control of the hunting device and who must also comply with fluorescent orange regulations, as specified for legal hunters. Multiple youths may be accompanied by a single qualifying adult. Youths 10 years of age or older must meet Hunter Education requirements.

http://www.tn.gov/twra/deerseasons.html

Just wanted to post this info as the Sheriff brought it up. I don't know if this would be relevant or not?
Young Sportsman*Oct. 29-30, 2011 and
Jan. 7-8, 2012

*Youths 6-16 years of age only. Each young sportsman must be accompanied by a non-hunting adult, 21 years of age or older, who must remain in a position to take immediate control of the hunting device and who must also comply with fluorescent orange regulations, as specified for legal hunters. Multiple youths may be accompanied by a single qualifying adult. Youths 10 years of age or older must meet Hunter Education requirements.

http://www.tn.gov/twra/deerseasons.html

What do you mean by "the sheriff brought it up"? Brought it up when and where?

Does anyone know whether the husband was living in the same house with the family? Has he made any public statements at all?

What do you mean by "the sheriff brought it up"? Brought it up when and where?

Does anyone know whether the husband was living in the same house with the family? Has he made any public statements at all?

he said earlier today that this weekend was the opening of juvie hunting season and iirc asked hunters to keep an eye out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member