DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
15924675_BG1.jpg

Karen Johnson Swift

5 feet 5 inches tall

138 pounds

blonde hair and green eyes

http://www.kait8.com/story/15924675/police-continue-to-search-for-missing-tn-mother

Authorities search for missing Dyer County woman

DYERSBURG, TN - (WMC-TV) - Dyer County residents are wondering how a mother of four could have simply vanished. Karen Johnson Swift's disappearance has many people worried.

Swift was last seen at her home early Sunday morning. According to friends, she had just returned from a Halloween party. Swift's vehicle, a white 2004 Nissan Murano, was later found with a flat tire on the Millsfield Highway, near the Harness Road intersection in Northern Dyer County.

Tuesday, Donnie Johnson recalled seeing the vehicle.

"I saw the car sitting there a day or so, but I didn't know anything was going on," he said

http://www.wmctv.com/story/15927788/authorities-search-for-missing-dyer-county-woman

snipped...............

Box said Swift had arrived home late Saturday evening/early Sunday morning and dropped her children off at her house on Willie Johnson Road. He stated Swift's husband said he spoke to her in the stairwell and then went to bed and that was the last time she was seen.

http://www.stategazette.com/story/1779590.html

Dropped her children off, talked to husband, going through a divorce, car is close to the home with a flat tire, stranger notices it first. This all equals bad news. I don't have a good feeling about this, however hope I am wrong.

This case reminds me of Nancy Cooper. I hope there is a better outcome here but I'm really worried. :(

Her FB page shows 2 older boys and 2 young girls. Why would she have the girls up at 1:30 in the morning "dropping them off"? Her girls are darling. I bet they are scared! She is not friends with her "husband" on FB.

I really hope that she is found safe; but I also do not think it is promising. I also hate it when they say "foul play is not suspected at this time".

There are 4 missing women in a pretty tight area in Tennessee. Three of the women are mothers; each having difficulties with their spouse. Shelley Mook, Gail Palmgren, and now Karen Johnson Swift (Look at a map of Signal Mountain, Shelbyville, and Dyersburg). I am NOT a map person, but... I worry about these cases in TN as they seem to grow cold with very little evidence.

http://www.stategazette.com/story/1780107.html

On Tuesday around 4 a.m., Box flew aboard a Tennessee Highway Patrol helicopter equipped with a heat-sensing Flir unit. Box and the pilot performed an aerial search with sheriff's investigators and TBI agents on the ground.

Box stated that Swift's cell phone has not been found

They located some unidentified tire tracks in that area and took a molding of them.

Do not want searchers at this time because:

"Right now you don't want to put untrained personnel in the area that could damage, lose or overlook potential evidence."

A new article showing that LE is taking this seriously and searching diligently!

http://www.stategazette.com/story/1780107.html

On Tuesday around 4 a.m., Box flew aboard a Tennessee Highway Patrol helicopter equipped with a heat-sensing Flir unit. Box and the pilot performed an aerial search with sheriff's investigators and TBI agents on the ground.

Box stated that Swift's cell phone has not been found

They located some unidentified tire tracks in that area and took a molding of them.

Do not want searchers at this time because:

"Right now you don't want to put untrained personnel in the area that could damage, lose or overlook potential evidence."

Her FB page shows 2 older boys and 2 young girls. Why would she have the girls up at 1:30 in the morning "dropping them off"? Her girls are darling. I bet they are scared! She is not friends with her "husband" on FB.

I really hope that she is found safe; but I also do not think it is promising. I also hate it when they say "foul play is not suspected at this time".

There are 4 missing women in a pretty tight area in Tennessee. Three of the women are mothers; each having difficulties with their spouse. Shelley Mook, Gail Palmgren, and now Karen Johnson Swift (Look at a map of Signal Mountain, Shelbyville, and Dyersburg). I am NOT a map person, but... I worry about these cases in TN as they seem to grow cold with very little evidence.

Here is a Google Earth map of the three cities you mention with mothers that are missing. The distance from Shelbyville to Signal Mountain is approx. 90 miles. The distance from Signal Mountain to Dyersburg to the northwest of the state of Tennessee is approx. 240 miles.

ScreenHunter_01Nov021132-2.jpg

We have some awesome cops here in my county. I have full faith in what they have reported. Hope for some news soon..Prayers she is found safe!!

Oh boy, here we go again .. it's epidemic .. young mothers disappearing during splits with their spouses ..

Just sayin' ...

Praying for Karen.

Here is a Google Earth map of the three cities you mention with mothers that are missing. The distance from Shelbyville to Signal Mountain is approx. 90 miles. The distance from Signal Mountain to Dyersburg to the northwest of the state of Tennessee is approx. 240 miles.

Also missing is Marsha Rader Brantley from Cleveland, Tennessee, (about 20 minutes from Chattanooga). she has a thread here on websleuths also.

It is just a bit strange I guess to me that there are so many missing moms from Tennessee in just this year that have relationships "on the rocks". I admit that I am not a big fan of the TBI. I hope that local LE are able to crack this case and find Karen safe and sound somewhere.

Shelbyville is 2 hours (111 miles) west of Signal Mountain; Dyersburg is 200 miles (3 3/4 hours) west of Shelbyville. They are connected by various highways (i.e. they do not all connect via I-40 or any other main drag).

Yes, you can get to all those various places via highways, but also have to go over some high mountains and drive hours and hours. I don't think there is some mad kidnapper driving the roads looking for divorcing women - how would that even happen?

As a Tennessean, the main thing that bothers me is the fact that police here don't take these cases seriously. I don't like to criticize LE, but they need to hit the ground running and start in the home, not elsewhere.

Mothers don't just wander off around here, or start a new life without their children. I just don't buy that.

The main similarity in all these cases is the bad relationship with a spouse. To me that's the link police should be investigating. The problem is, as in the Palmgren case, if someone disappears in a car then the home is not considered a crime scene. At least they found this woman's car, so maybe there will be something there for them to search.

Yes, you can get to all those various places via highways, but also have to go over some high mountains and drive hours and hours. I don't think there is some mad kidnapper driving the roads looking for divorcing women - how would that even happen?

As a Tennessean, the main thing that bothers me is the fact that police here don't take these cases seriously. I don't like to criticize LE, but they need to hit the ground running and start in the home, not elsewhere.

Mothers don't just wander off around here, or start a new life without their children. I just don't buy that.

The main similarity in all these cases is the bad relationship with a spouse. To me that's the link police should be investigating. The problem is, as in the Palmgren case, if someone disappears in a car then the home is not considered a crime scene. At least they found this woman's car, so maybe there will be something there for them to search.

I promise you that I was not considering a "mad kidnapper" out there. I was on my phone and couldn't access maping, so I was wondering how close these cases were to each other.

I was also merely trying to establish that Tennessee certainly has a problem this year with missing moms who happen to be in troubled relationships. I did wonder how close they were together; I wondered-as strange as it might be- if there was some sort of "hired" man out there in TN "getting rid" of "problem spouses".

I admit that these cases happen in every state; however, I think that TN has had more than their fair share this year. And, I have to also point out that they have had a very difficult time solving these cases. I am really not a fan of the TBI. Local LE in Karen's case seems to be stepping up to the plate and trying to search for her. I hope that they are successful.

Johnson described his daughter as a talented landscaper with a devoted group of customers in her hometown of Walnut Ridge, Ark., where her parents live. Swift was scheduled to go to Arkansas today to do some landscaping........

.....He imagines that his daughter got a flat tire and thought she'd just walk home when something must have happened to her.

"She usually runs about three miles a day. She's in real good shape," he said. "She probably figured she'd be able to get home in 10 minutes [on foot]."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mother-missing-tennessee/story?id=14867155#.TrHUoOvaku9

bbm

I guess I'm jaded from other cases because I don't believe that's what happened. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro