TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is another possibility ... which is that she didn't leave the house, but was taken from the house and left on the side of a road 3 miles from home.

I still can't rule out the sicko neighbour if in fact he did poison her dogs. It takes a sick mind to do that, and if she had brought charges against him, then he may have retalliated. The thing that bothers me is where her car was found. Did another car lying in wait pull out and block her movements, and if so, where was she headed and why?

I just can't see the soon to be ex taking the chance of being seen out there when her car was abandonned there, although I guess he could say she called him for help and when he got there she was gone. But then he'd have to have phone records to back that up.

Could it have been a rogue cop that pulled her over? so many possibilities and so little evidence to weigh at this point.

I have not forgotten the RSO's house is as close to where Karen's car was found as her own house is....therefore, the RSO's house is almost as close to where her body was found.

PLEASE hold the (one tonne) tomatoes.

Enlighten me, I'm running on too little sleep :blushing: RSO?

I have not forgotten the RSO's house is as close to where Karen's car was found as her own house is....therefore, the RSO's house is almost as close to where her body was found.

PLEASE hold the (one tonne) tomatoes.

Assuming that her tire was simply flat because of a slow leak, that Karen decided to go out in the middle of the night, why wouldn't she:

1. drive the 1/4 mile home on a flat
2. call her husband for help
3. lock her car and jog the 1/4 mile home

Assuming that she went out at 2 AM for an unknown reason, she had a slow leak, pulled over and at that moment a murderer came along, why did this murderer

1. hide her clothes under bushes some distance from her vehicle
2. leave her body 3 miles from her home and car (presumably the murderer didn't have to be back home before 6 to look after two young daughters)
3. remain in Karen's neighborhood rather than speed down the highway and leave her body many miles away
4. leave her car in one location, her clothes in another location and her body in a third location, all within a 3 mile radius of her home

Otto, on NG tonite they said the tires had been slashed, not sure I trust NG to get facts right though. FWIW!

There is another possibility ... which is that she didn't leave the house, but was taken from the house and left on the side of a road 3 miles from home.

I think this is also the simplest explanation and the one supported by the evidence. If one thinks about this case logically, one person had motive and opportunity. This same individual would have wanted the evidence left to be confusing and point to other suspects.

Otto I do appreciate where you are coming from but - speaking for myself - I don't have all the information yet...therefore I don't have answers to your questions.

Due to that fact, I'm not on the bandwagon just yet.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Who killed a beautiful missing mother of four, Karen Swift? The night she vanished, Karen left urgent voice mails and texts for friends. Listen to what that friend told Nancy Grace.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: She called me at 11:38, at 11:39. At 11:40, she sent me a text that said, "Jenny, call me, please." And I had went to bed at 11 p.m.

NANCY GRACE, HLN HOST: Did she...

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: It was normal for her to text me. She did that a lot. But for her to call me three times in a row and then, when I didn`t respond, for her to then text me, that was -- that was -- I felt like she was upset about something.

Let's assume that Karen was upset about something. If it was a stranger at the party, then is wasn't a serious concern because she made it home safely. We haven't heard about any texting or phone calls regarding a meeting with someone she met the party. She was safe from strangers at home. Could she have been upset about staying at home with her husband while her daughters were away, maybe looking to spend the night at a friend's place? I've heard that it was one or both daughters that were at a sleepover ... don't know for sure, but if both daughters were at a sleepover, Karen may have been looking for a place to stay. Even though I've heard the party shut down at about midnight, Karen's daughter didn't call until 1:30. I wonder if there was more than one call between daughters and mom that night. Did Karen stay late at the party after most people left? How long did it take to drive from The Farms district to home? Where is The Farms?

If she was upset, and made it home safely, then the only other concern she could have had came from inside the home. Would she leave because of an argument? Could she have taken her daughter to sleep with her sister because she had to leave? If she had to leave, and the threat was from inside the home, did she actually make it out the door?

Madelaine74, do you recall Brad Cooper's wife Nancy was reaching out to people she met at a dinner party the night she was murdered. I wonder if Karen did the same thing ... maybe one of them suggested she stay with a friend so at 11:38-40 she called and texted her friend, but the friend was already in bed. Nancy Cooper was murdered at home while her two young daughters slept upstairs.

Kudzu....

Here are some photos by Jack Anthony that show kudzu covered houses in the different seasons. I think you can see from the photos that even in the winter a deep, tangled mess of vines is left that would make it almost impossible to find anything or anyone.

http://www.jjanthony.com/kudzu/houses.html

If KS hadn't been found this winter season, I'm afraid she might have never been found.

I am so grateful they were able to locate her. Now I pray justice is swift.

In this video, what is the blue thing on the ground? I have seen it in several videos.
http://www.kait8.com/story/16305856/miss

WARNER: ... Harness Road. (UNINTELLIGIBLE) The problem I have, is that I was aware earlier in the year in -- from January through March, that there, supposed serial killer in the Memphis Tennessee area who killed four women and dumped in or near their bodies, in a cemetery in Memphis, Tennessee, the Mount Carmel Cemetery. I find this a little disturbing, being only maybe an hour and a half way from Dyersburg.

And there`s a history of this. Going back to the mid-1980s, with the Green River Killer. That`s Gary Ridgeway. He dumped three or four of his victims in the Mountain View Cemetery in King County, Washington. So I don`t know if we have some kind of a copycat killer or what`s going on, but the cemetery thing is bizarre. I did my homework. I looked at all the different roads, around this Harness Road in that area. There are many, many, many dirt roads. Many, many. Why did he choose the road next to the cemetery? Bizarre.

I was curious about the "many, many, many dirt roads" so I had a look at the street map ... which shows all the roads (yellow lines), some of which are rural gravel roads. I don't see that there are all that many roads, but I do wonder why she was left so close to Harness Road since there are longer roads that a stranger might choose. Is the type of weed that she was found in growing everywhere, or is that one of the few places where it grows?

Also, it's interesting that she was left outside of the rural district where many people knew here ... towards the highway in a less populated area. That suggests to me that the person that put her there was familiar with the area. Interesting that her car was found at Millsfield Hwy, her body was found near Hwy 78. Is it possible someone picked her up on one Millsfield Hwy, drove her through her neighborhood at 2-5 in the morning, murdered her just off a main road near a memorial lookout ... then disappeared into the darkness on Hwy 78? This person then threw her cell phone near the river and left some clothes under a bush?

swift-road-property-line-map.gif

I wonder if something was found close to the river. There is a back road to the river from Harness Road, along Burnt Mill Road (red line)

swiftroadmap.jpg

The Obion River is close to where Karen was found, just around the corner and down the hill.

swiftcemeterytoriver.jpg

Kudzu....

Here are some photos by Jack Anthony that show kudzu covered houses in the different seasons. I think you can see from the photos that even in the winter a deep, tangled mess of vines is left that would make it almost impossible to find anything or anyone.

http://www.jjanthony.com/kudzu/houses.html

If KS hadn't been found this winter season, I'm afraid she might have never been found.

I am so grateful they were able to locate her. Now I pray justice is swift.

In this video, what is the blue thing on the ground? I have seen it in several videos.
http://www.kait8.com/story/16305856/miss

That's incredible! Thank you for the links. I agree, if she hadn't been found while she still had some color, she would never have been found as a skeleton.
(still waiting for the video to load)

Does it commonly grow all over the place?

MagnoliaMom ... This blue thing ... what is it? A blue grocery-sized plastic bag?

swiftcrimescene.jpg

That's incredible! Thank you for the links. I agree, if she hadn't been found while she still had some color, she would never have been found as a skeleton.

Shaniya davis body was also found in kudzu here in north carolina.

ALL. OVER. THE. PLACE.

I'm from Georgia and it will overtake your house, the trees, everything... It spreads like crazy.

ETA: I haven't looked at the other links but here are some images:
ETA again - I just looked at MagnoliaMom's link. Sorry for the redundancy! :innocent:)

kudzu.jpg

fig4_1.gif

And it's mainly in the Southeast:

640px-Kudzu.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics