TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't buy the going out for medicine theory at all. If the child was sick enough to require a middle-of-the-night trip for meds, surely Karen would have alerted the child's father to sit with her while she was gone, or even ask him to go. I mean, we are supposed to believe that the couple was still amiable toward one another, right? I don't believe for a moment she would just leave the child unattended without telling Dad if she was heading out in the night.

ETA: I once left my apartment in the middle of the night to get away from a lunatic boyfriend, figuring I would be better off driving around than staying home. But even then, I took my kitty cat with me, so he would be safe...so if Karen left out of fear, I still think she would have taken the children. I just don't see a reason for her to leave alone in the dark...JMO

I don't buy the going out for medicine theory at all. If the child was sick enough to require a middle-of-the-night trip for meds, surely Karen would have alerted the child's father to sit with her while she was gone, or even ask him to go. I mean, we are supposed to believe that the couple was still amiable toward one another, right? I don't believe for a moment she would just leave the child unattended without telling Dad if she was heading out in the night.

I agree...this is my biggest hangup for her leaving for any reason...

Perhaps the daughter was just homesick. It would have been an emotional time for any child, she probably just wanted to be at home with her parents.

That was my impression; I didn't think her daughter was physically ill, she just wanted to go home.

could be a member of law enforcement on patrol for that matter..just can't see why she left the house...

I am not coming up with any logical reason for her to leave home either. Even if the child was sick enough for her to make an emergency run for medication, the children's father was home. Why wouldn't he go get it? Why wouldn't she tell anyone she was going out for that? What isn't being said is if there was any tension inside the home that night, such as perhaps her reluctance to go home. Something was on her mind when she attempted to call her friend at 11:30pm. Could problems at home, or Karen's fear for her safety, be her reason for sleeping with the little girl? So many unanswered questions which might give an indication what happened to her. Hopefully LE has some of the answers.

MOO

Let's ASSUME Karen went to purchase medicine at 1:30 in the morning. Since her car was facing home already when it was discovered, that would mean Karen had already purchased the medicine and was on her way home. In this case, she would be seen on surveillance at a pharmacy or grocery store, and her credit card would have had the corresponding charges.

Sheriff Box talks about Swift investigation

"Authorities said nothing indicates Swift was killed in a different location"

Ok, so this makes it all more curious. The home, the place the car was found, the location her body was found.

If she was killed where she was found.... how did she end up there in the first place?

snipped from above link...

"There were some apparent injuries to the body. We're going to wait to let the medical examiner final report tell us the extent of those injuries."

snipped from link below...

He was quoted as saying the following: "Due to her body placed and concealed in the area that it was recovered from and apparent injuries to her body, it has been ruled a homicide."

http://www.thetd.com/freepages/2011-12-14/news/story4.php

what frantic calls?

She tried to contact a friend, sending a text and calling (around 11:00 or 11:30pm?). It was urgent, like "call me ASAP" or something of the sort. I don't recall exactly. The friend had gone to bed and didn't have voice mail set up yet, so she missed it all until the next morning.

I am not coming up with any logical reason for her to leave home either. Even if the child was sick enough for her to make an emergency run for medication, the children's father was home. Why wouldn't he go get it? Why wouldn't she tell anyone she was going out for that? What isn't being said is if there was any tension inside the home that night, such as perhaps her reluctance to go home. Something was on her mind when she attempted to call her friend at 11:30pm. Could problems at home, or Karen's fear for her safety, be her reason for sleeping with the little girl? So many unanswered questions which might give an indication what happened to her. Hopefully LE has some of the answers.

MOO

if that little girl sharing the bed got up in the middle of the night and found both parents gone...that might be something the police know...just guessing.

It would be interesting to know, if indeed this flat tire was caused by sheet rock screw(s), if anyone around there is doing remodeling, construction, etc. where the tire could have picked it up.

In addition it would also be informative to know if her vehicle, like yours, has a malfunctioning warning indicator that she would have ignored. I still don't believe she was the one driving the vehicle that early morning, rather that the vehicle was purposefully left on the side of the road in a location convenient to the perpetrator. As Pat Brown is saying on NG's program, unlikely she stumbled across a serial killer.

MOO

If the tire is flat enough to come off the rim, you won't need a pressure monitor to tell you. Haven't y'all ever had a flat tire before? ;)

Another theory which I'm still formulating in my mind. Perhaps Karen was afraid to be home alone with David that evening. Perhaps that's what the 11:30 PM text message was all about. Perhaps she is the one who somehow initiated picking up her daughter so that she wouldn't be alone with him.

if that little girl sharing the bed got up in the middle of the night and found both parents gone...that might be something the police know...just guessing.

That is one thing that tends, in part, to lead away from the husband being involved, in that the two children were home, and would have been left alone if he had been out disposing of Karen's body. As it was, the child allegedly woke up at 6:00am (seemingly early for a Sunday morning, imo) and noticed her mother wasn't there. I agree, both of these children are old enough to be able to tell LE if they woke up and couldn't locate either parent.

MOO

If the tire is flat enough to come off the rim, you won't need a pressure monitor to tell you. Haven't y'all ever had a flat tire before? ;)

The point was the vehicle was supposed to be equipped with an electronic sensor to indicate low tire pressure before it got to the point where a tire was coming off the rim. In other words, why would she be heading out from the house with a tire that was noticeably flat to the point where she gets a short distance from the house and it's off the rim? I also have gotten a screw lodged in one of the tires and the noise it makes while driving is noticeable. I immediately headed to a gas station to have it repaired!

MOO

in my scenario the flat is staging...but there is a difference between a quick flat, a blowout or a slow leak..a slow leak would have allowed her to get home...so the monitor would help her with that..this tire apparently was totally flat and driven for some time losening the tire from the rim..i need to understand why she left the house first. if she left the house, then i could accept a woman trying to drive their car home on a flat...if it was dark and she was close it might make sense to push the car to its limits and stop only when you are on the rims...or it could be a man who punctured the tire and drove it to make it look good...then walked home.

Another theory which I'm still formulating in my mind. Karen was afraid to be home alone with David that evening. Perhaps that's what the 11:30 PM text message was all about. Perhaps she is the one who somehow initiated picking up her daughter so that she wouldn't be alone with him.

bbm

I admit I have wondered if David had been drinking while Karen was at the party...it might also explain why she didn't wake him IF she left the house again (note BIG if...imho anything is still possible)

in my scenario the flat is staging...but there is a difference between a quick flat, a blowout or a slow leak..a slow leak would have allowed her to get home...so the monitor would help her with that..this tire apparently was totally flat and driven for some time losening the tire from the rim..i need to understand why she left the house first. if she left the house, then i could accept a woman trying to drive their car home on a flat...if it was dark and she was close it might make sense to push the car to its limits and stop only when you are on the rims...or it could be a man who punctured the tire and drove it to make it look good...then walked home.
BBM

This is exactly what I believe happened.

MOO

If the car had been driven with the tire falling off the rim, wouldn't the tire have dragged a bit and left a trail for LE to follow? Just a thought.

The car had to come from the north (away from the party ) or west (the way of house) according to LE. The car pulled off the hwy and then made a U turn to end up where it was. Maybe they could tell by the tire prints. Driving with a very flat tire ---down to the rim is not easy to drive.

Since her brother stated the hubby said he saw her leave....did she tell him where she was going? How soon after she had tucked the sick daughter in?

Two things don't sit right with me right now. The neighbor said he wasn't too concerned about discovering the car/and flat because his family knew her...yet he made it a point to call DS and let him know his wife's car was on the side of the road. ?? Did he know they were divorcing? Why would he think the husband wouldn't know that?

Why after the neighbor called to tell him about the car...did DS call his son to ask if his mother was with him? She was only a quarter mile from her house....why wouldn't she just return or call DS for help? Why in the world, would DS think she was with the son? I don't know how close the college is to their house....but I thought it just strange.

This is all going off what the media has reported....which may be flawed at this point.

The car had to come from the north (away from the party ) or west (the way of house) according to LE. The car pulled off the hwy and then made a U turn to end up where it was. Maybe they could tell by the tire prints. Driving with a very flat tire ---down to the rim is not easy to drive.

Since her brother stated the hubby said he saw her leave....did she tell him where she was going? How soon after she had tucked the sick daughter in?

Two things don't sit right with me right now. The neighbor said he wasn't too concerned about discovering the car/and flat because his family knew her...yet he made it a point to call DS and let him know his wife's car was on the side of the road. ?? Did he know they were divorcing? Why would he think the husband wouldn't know that?

Why after the neighbor called to tell him about the car...did DS call his son to ask if his mother was with him? She was only a quarter mile from her house....why wouldn't she just return or call DS for help? Why in the world, would DS think she was with the son? I don't know how close the college is to their house....but I thought it just strange.

This is all going off what the media has reported....which may be flawed at this point.

I think I read somewhere that the husband called the older son and asked him to see if he could reach his mother.....husband had tried to call her and she did not answer....maybe he thought she would answer a call from her son,hth. That was what I gleaned from that writing.
KS friend was on NG tonight and I understood her to say that KS car was new. I believe this car is a 2004 model. I am not trying to doubt her but I wonder if maybe she lives in Arkansas because she said she had seen the children some weeks back. I thought it was odd that she said the car was new. Nothing about that is sinister at all and I thought she spoke highly of the whole family. I think NG is still getting her facts wrong,lol. IMO

Re: sheet rock screws, the images below show fine and coarse options (coarse to the L--wider spacing to better grip coarse materials I guess).

Drywall_Screw.jpg

http://www.manufacturer.com/cimages/buyLeads/www.alibaba.com/0305/l/Drywall_Screw.jpg

As for driving on an already-flat tire--regardless of warning systems, if Karen's vehicle had been driven for any distance on a flat, the rotor would show damage. Maybe "rotor" isn't exactly the right word, but what I mean is, whatever is left after you remove the hubcap and the rubber tire itself. If your tire is completely flat and you continue driving, that piece gets misshapen at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE