TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:notgood::noooo::notgood:

Seems like someone has gotten away with the perfect murder....

I was just thinking of Karen yesterday, but was pulled away while searching for her thread. If I were a member of her family I would be horrified that it has taken this long and there still has been no arrest, especially after all the positive and hopeful comments by the sheriff. Whoever committed this act really knew how to cover his/her tracks. So frustrated for her loved ones, but I refuse to believe that justice will never be served for Karen. RIP.

Just a reminder for me and bringing it to the current page:

http://www.dyercountysheriff.com/press-releases/39-swift-murder-investigation-update-09-02-2012.html

At that time this missing person case turn into a murder investigation, after investigators observed injuries the body substained that appeared to have caused her death. An autopsy was performed on Karen Swift's body by the Shelby County Medical Examiner's Office in Memphis , the results of the autopsy was sealed under a court order for certain reasons and that the case is still under investigation.

I do not necessarily think that this person got away with the "perfect" murder. I do however believe that when investigations are under way, sometimes delays or biases cause a flaw in the investigation. I do believe that in the beginning, LE was convinced by some that Karen may have left on her own. I think that until her body was found, the smaller LE agency may not have gathered some of the "smaller" evidence that may have helped to bring about an arrest. After the fact (after her body was found), some of those key pieces may have been erased.

I pray for Karen's family. I pray that given time and/or possibly a new set of eyes, an arrest will be made and JUSTICE will be found for Karen and her loved ones. As I have stated in the past, I do NOT believe that the TBI has a great track record on solving the case of these missing women. :(

The possibility of her body being posed has always haunted me..

http://www.wmctv.com/story/16326970/men-who-found-karen-swifts-body-recount-story
Men who found Karen Swift's body recount story
<sniped & BBM>

Mark Rickman was out of town working construction. Wanda Rickman said her husband is still upset by what he saw.

"It's something you don't expect in your lifetime," she said. "He's really devastated over it."

Mark Rickman discovered Swift's remains with Pastor John Robinson, who is the cemetery's trustee. There were there to inspect some overturned tombstones and noticed what appeared to be an arm or leg sticking out of some withered kudzu vines.

Robinson, who declined to be interviewed, told Action News 5 he said what he needed to say to the Dyersburg State Gazette.

In the local newspaper, Robinson said, "We noticed a body part from a distance and the closer I got, you could tell it was a body."

cocomod said:
I do not necessarily think that this person got away with the "perfect" murder. I do however believe that when investigations are under way, sometimes delays or biases cause a flaw in the investigation. I do believe that in the beginning, LE was convinced by some that Karen may have left on her own. I think that until her body was found, the smaller LE agency may not have gathered some of the "smaller" evidence that may have helped to bring about an arrest. After the fact (after her body was found), some of those key pieces may have been erased.

Well said and spot on! I was being facetious calling this a "perfect" murder.

firefox said:
The possibility of her body being posed has always haunted me

I overlooked what you mentioned, and thinking about it now, I wonder if whomever did this planned for her to be found and wanted to create a ruse making her murder look like something related to Halloween or satanic.. without realizing the fast growing weeds would hide her...

He had plenty of time to speak BEFORE he hired attorney #1 and BEFORE attorney #2. He chose not to speak and never pleaded with the public to help find his wife, or later, her killer. He shouldn't then blame his silence on his attorney.

I still maintain that David Swift's actions are questionable; and I believe (MHO Only!) that he is likely guilty. There are too many tail-tail signs after her death that point towards his guilt.

I am glad that there is not a statute of limitations. Here is a great example that sometimes even cold cases can get a guilty verdict with reasonable conclusions based on circumstantial evidence!
Martin "David" Pietz
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222321&page=15

I still maintain that David Swift's actions are questionable; and I believe (MHO Only!) that he is likely guilty. There are too many tail-tail signs after her death that point towards his guilt.

I am glad that there is not a statute of limitations. Here is a great example that sometimes even cold cases can get a guilty verdict with reasonable conclusions based on circumstantial evidence!
Martin "David" Pietz
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222321&page=15

Thanks cocomod - the picture from this link speaks volumes to me and I can't wait to see a member of Karen's family in the same stance as Nicole's sister:

http://www.local12.com/template/cgi...ies/archive/2013/10/abIMTFKi.xml#.UmHtfJhXyYA

Be sure your sins will find you out, it may be later, but they will find you!!!

All is quiet on the homefront. I check the Dyersburg Gazette weekly and there is not a word about Karen since the July update. I guess that was the last search of the home. Sad.

One of Karen's sons posted on FB his dad's innocence and the corrupt system there. He is out for getting Sherrif Box out of office.

I guess it's normal for grown children to defend the remaining parent. I just wonder if it's the way they really feel, or if it's because it's all they have left.

Noticed an article where 33% of Trimble, TN, residence's utilities were being shut off each month due to non payment. Due to today's economy and new compliance rules by the local utility board, this may or may not be an indicator of a probable high crime area.

Since KS may have been cleaning the Habitat for Humanity house in Trimble, TN, the night that she met with foul play. My curiosity was raised as to the overall crime rate of the area, as well as KS's route home. Did KS become an unsuspecting victim as a result of entering the HFH house while a burglary was in progress?

(Assaults in Trimble for years reported appear to be very high, imo)(Note: Stats were not reported in some years).

* Assaults in Trimble per 100,000 population were more than double the US average in year 2006.

* In 2011 80% of overall crimes in Trimble, TN were due to Burgularies

Full-time law enforcement employees in 2011, including police officers: 1 (1 officer)

Crime rate in Trimble, Tennessee (TN): murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, auto thefts, arson

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Trimble-Tennessee.html#ixzz2jsf7CKbj

Crime rate legend:
Very low (< 50)
Low (50 - 199)
Average (200 - 449)
High (450 - 1000)
Very high (> 1000)

See how dangerous Trimble, TN is compared to nearest cities:
(Note: Higher means more crime)

Trimble:
Newbern:
Obion:
Kenton:
Troy:
Hornbeak:
Rutherford:
Dyersburg:

Dyer:

I guess it's normal for grown children to defend the remaining parent. I just wonder if it's the way they really feel, or if it's because it's all they have left.

I just about every case I've followed, unless a child witnesses the crime, children of an accused believe their parent innocent.

In just about every case I've followed, unless a child witnesses the crime, children of an accused believe their parent innocent.

Not me, OldSteve. Imo, Karen Swift was a stranger abduction/murder.

Utah doctor on trial for allegedly killing his wife

A doctor accused of murdering his wife, whose own daughters are set to testify against him, is on trial in Utah in what is the state's first televised criminal case.

Her death was never ruled a homicide, but one of the MacNeills' daughters, Alexis Somers, has long accused her father of murder. She and her sisters have been in court, holding up pictures of her mother, and are poised to testify against their father in a trial expected to take about five weeks.

“He killed my mother, who was my best friend, this amazing woman, this incredible person,”
http://www.today.com/news/utah-doctor-trial-allegedly-killing-his-wife-8C11418630

A doctor accused of murdering his wife, whose own daughters are set to testify against him, is on trial in Utah in what is the state's first televised criminal case.

Her death was never ruled a homicide, but one of the MacNeills' daughters, Alexis Somers, has long accused her father of murder. She and her sisters have been in court, holding up pictures of her mother, and are poised to testify against their father in a trial expected to take about five weeks.

&#8220;He killed my mother, who was my best friend, this amazing woman, this incredible person,&#8221;
http://www.today.com/news/utah-doctor-trial-allegedly-killing-his-wife-8C11418630

I should amend to say - In just about every case I've followed, where family is living together, and there are no prior reports of spousal abuse, unless a child witnesses the crime, children of an accused believe their parent innocent.

As for this crime being done by a stranger.... sure would like to know what, if any evidence, Sheriff is not making public...
Any unaccounted for DNA?

Met a man from Nashville, TN, a couple of years ago that, for 3 decades, was very good friends with a person that was the primary suspect in a 9 yr old girls murder & rape in 1979. The suspect; 20 year old Jeffrey Womack, although later cleared for the crime, lives with the stigma over 3 decades later.

&#8220;Marcia Trimble Suspect Nabbed"

The File on 9 yr old Marcia Trimble
An Exhaustive Look at Nashville&#8217;s Most Notorious Unsolved Murder
by MATT PULLE
June 21, 2001 NEWS » FEATURES

Editor&#8217;s note: For the next two weeks, a Nashville Scene investigation into the murder of 9-year-old Marcia Trimble will disclose never-before-published details of what ranks as one of this city&#8217;s most infamous crimes. In this week&#8217;s installment, law enforcement officials, who continue to pursue the killer, painstakingly reconstruct the crime.
As well, Virginia Trimble, Marcia&#8217;s mother, speaks for the first time in detail about the day her child was murdered.

In the summer of 1979, most Nashvillians had finally started to put the gruesome murder and sexual assault of Marcia Trimble behind them. Four years earlier, on an Easter Sunday, Trimble&#8212;a feisty 9-year-old with straight blond hair, blue eyes, and freckles&#8212;had been found dead in a neighbor&#8217;s garage. But if the case had begun to fade away for most of Nashville, it was still front and center at the Metro Police Department. There, officers were obsessively&#8212;some would say mindlessly&#8212;focused on the case.

Read More at Link:
http://www.nashvillescene.com/nashville/the-file-on-marcia-trimble/Content?oid=1185778

Barrett convicted of second degree murder of Marcia Trimble
Jury deliberates for nine hours in a case that bring closure to Nashville mystery..

A Davidson County Criminal Court jury today found Jerome Barrett guilty of second-degree murder in the 1975 killing of Marcia Trimble. It imposed a sentence of 44 years.

The seven women and five men on the jury, nine of them white and three black, deliberated for nearly seven hours Friday and another two hours Saturday morning before reaching their verdict.

The key to the prosecution's case was the discovery of DNA on the murdered child's clothing that matched Barrett's with a probability of 6 trillion to one.

Judge Steve Dozier had instructed the jury to use the law in effect in 1975 as it considered the case and sentence. The death penalty was unconstitutional throughout the U.S. at the time the crime occurred.

Assistant Attorney General Tom Thurman, who has been working the case since 1990, said in a press conference that he was "extremely happy with the verdict for the Trimble family and for this community."

<READ More>

I should amend to say - In just about every case I've followed, where family is living together, and there are no prior reports of spousal abuse, unless a child witnesses the crime, children of an accused believe their parent innocent.

As for this crime being done by a stranger.... sure would like to know what, if any evidence, Sheriff is not making public...
Any unaccounted for DNA?

I think this is a natural reaction.

Several years ago my son's friend saw his stepfather arrested in a child *advertiser censored* sweep. He was charged not just with possession of child *advertiser censored*, but also with production/distribution of child *advertiser censored* (there were only 4 of 54 charged people that had that designation.) They had the computer evidence.

The stepson was about 18 at the time. His sister was about 23. I patiently waited to see what happened in the courts, as my son had gone to their house for 'sleep-over parties' when he was younger. Ultimately the stepfather pleaded guilty and served a one year sentence.

Through all of it the stepchildren have believed his innocence. He plead guilty "because that is what his lawyer said he should do...not because he was actually guilty". Really?? Clearly this guy was told by his lawyer that they had no chance of winning the case and clearly he didn't want the details to come out in front of his stepchildren.

Love can be blind. MOO.

Just as parents hang on to the slim chance that their missing child is alive, these "kids" hang on the the belief that their parent is innocent (unless there is an obvious history of evidence to the contrary). That is all there is left for them.

I hope we have resolution in the case soon!

“He killed my mother, who was my best friend, this amazing woman, this incredible person,”
Any ideas on the issue of if this was a stranger abduction/murder that would have occurred off the highway where Karen's vehicle was found to have the flat tire..why a stranger would have abducted/murdered her and taken her back down to her own residential street to the cemetery located at the end?

A stranger abductor/murderer just happens to dispose of the body down the victim's very own street when he's abducted her from the side of a highway headed toward town?.. He turns around on the highway with the victim and just happens to go back to the residential street of which his victim lives on to dispose of her?

Jmo, no way..jmo, tho.

**Please forgive the limitations that come w/my posting via mobile ATM**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members