TN - Karen Swift, 44, murdered, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 *husband charged in 2022* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am so happy that Karen's case is being investigated again. If you read through what they found so far it's something that makes me think, there really has been a cover up here. (link for Ferrier Files is posted up above by JNryan)
1 Three independent witnesses spot "prominent man" using a metal detector in the area Karen's body was found, before her body was found.
2 Several people report on the night of the Halloween party Karen had an altercation with a married woman on the patio of the Farms,and again in front of the building. (the podcast I listened to linked in Ferrier Files said the whole town (practically) knew about this altercation, and staff of the Farms who were there were told to lie it happened. Supposedly, the married woman Karen had the altercation with is "prominent man's" daughter.
3 Early November break in at the Farms where surveillance cameras and their tapes are stolen and destroyed. These would have shown the altercation between Karen and prominent mans daughter.
4 Podcast.From listening to the podcast from Heather Cohen the results that came back from the screw in the tire, is the screw had been manually screwed into her tire.
5 I was surprised to learn the "unusual" things going on in Karens life (with the Bonas) were true, and they were at the center of it.
In my opinion, all of this warrants a second look at Karen's case. I no longer think David had anything to do with Karen's death
This case is just horrible

WOW is all I can say after reading that. What a tangled web if all is true, which I have no reason to believe it's not.

I wonder if cell phone records of the prominent man and his wife would have put them where Karen's body was found or where her car was found along side the road. If the wife killed Karen and then called the husband to help her dispose of Karen's body, there should be a call between the two early in the morning. Also his phone records would likely show calls between him and Karen (burner phone) or the swinger couple who was arranging the meetings with him and Karen.

The story about loosing his watch I'm sure is a lie and it would make more sense if the wife threw her wedding ring at him after they dumped Karen's body. Friends of the prominent man's wife should be interviewed to see if anyone remember her suddenly not wearing her wedding ring after that day or if she gave a story as to loosing the ring.

Sounds like LE was trying to brush off any reports of prominent man being seen where Karen was found, before her body was found. Possible cover up by LE?? Who is this guy??

JMO
I hope not

I searched through Google from the 09 October 2019 date of the article covering the files going to the DA to present. There is one news segment on the 8 year mark of when her body was found, but basically there is nothing new. The news segment did remind me that the husband and children have moved away from the area. If that is the case, I would think LE would jump on that home and try to look at it again.

This sounds like everything the sheriff's office has, but I wonder if the DA has the info from the PI who also looked into the case. The statement by the sheriff's office that they stand by their investigation? With what the PI supposedly found that statement is just too vague to inspire confidence.

Indeed they do! That was Heather Cohen from HMC Investigations that was interviewed when they gave the update for Karen's case in Dyer county. I'm hopeful her case is finally moving forward. I like how she said Jeff Box's team may have not considered other leads and had tunnel vision in regards to DS.

Just checking in to see if there was any news. My Google search didn't reveal anything.

DYERSBURG: State Gazette article Sunday 10/11/2020 points finger at David Swift as possible suspect in murder of his wife Karen Swift. "In no way am I saying Swift murdered his wife, but what I am saying is there is a lot about his actions, or non-actions, that myself as well as law enforcement simply don’t understand. I will say I left the interview feeling very strongly about what happened the night she went missing, and who actually committed the crime. However, I’ve kept that to myself, in most cases". State Gazette General Manager Mike Smith can be reached at 285-4091, ext. 120 or by email at editor@stategazette.com SEE STORY AT https://www.stategazette.com/story/2840677.html?rand=8998

DYERSBURG: State Gazette article Sunday 10/11/2020 points finger at David Swift as possible suspect in murder of his wife Karen Swift. "In no way am I saying Swift murdered his wife, but what I am saying is there is a lot about his actions, or non-actions, that myself as well as law enforcement simply don’t understand. I will say I left the interview feeling very strongly about what happened the night she went missing, and who actually committed the crime. However, I’ve kept that to myself, in most cases". State Gazette General Manager Mike Smith can be reached at 285-4091, ext. 120 or by email at editor@stategazette.com SEE STORY AT https://www.stategazette.com/story/2840677.html?rand=8998
I unfortunately can't view the article due to a paywall. :( Forgive me if this is a silly question...is contact information for the newspaper's manager of particular note? Was that just part of the section you copied and pasted, or did you include that information specifically?

General Manager Mike Smith listed his contact information for any feedback, the comment (16 replies) section of the article was all negative as to his opinion article whereby he asks LE why they have not made an arrest in Karen Smith murder with all the evidence they must have. SEE ONE COMMENT "This is biased reporting and highly unethical journalism in my opinion. Thanks for letting us know just how close to the Sells family you are. I went back and read the Oct. 31, 2014 interview with Mr. Swift. I think he answered all your questions and then more. He can't answer for what he doesn't know as to what happened to his wife if he is not guilty. Way to use the paper to taint public opinion but I think it backfired on you!" SEE STORY AT https://www.stategazette.com/story/2840677.html?rand=8998

Thanks to all who've been posting updates while I stepped away.

Color me shocked. It's a blessing the PI took a look at the case. It's annoying that, possessing the current knowledge of the events of the party, LE did not seem to care about the break in at the Country Club 2 days after the party, or they intentionally turned a blind eye to its meaning, in order to remain focused on DS. That's unfair to DS and Lady Justice.

My condolences extend to the family members. May Karen's children live a wonderful life.

Heather Cohen created a change.org petition for Karen called Justice for Karen Swift. If you would like to read and sign it google Karen Swift change.org. Heather is the investigator from HMC investigations. I took a screen shot of part of it.

Attachments

• 1038A5E5-83C5-4077-861D-762EEE231284.png
    1038A5E5-83C5-4077-861D-762EEE231284.png
    322.2 KB · Views: 31
Heather Cohen created a change.org petition for Karen called Justice for Karen Swift. If you would like to read and sign it google Karen Swift change.org. Heather is the investigator from HMC investigations. I took a screen shot of part of it.

Done. It was an honor to display my signature on Karen's petition. She was a wife and a mother. Justice needs to be served. We know who, so the GJ should hear the evidence.

Done. It was an honor to display my signature on Karen's petition. She was a wife and a mother. Justice needs to be served. We know who, so the GJ should hear the evidence.
I completely agree!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Horrorgirl87
Back