TN - Karen Swift, 44, murdered, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 *husband charged in 2022* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A new story for this case ...
FERRIER FILES: Who killed a West Tennessee mother of four?

And here's where things get interesting, remember the Halloween party at the Farms Country Club? Several witnesses say Swift was involved in an altercation with a married woman on the patio that night.

10 days later, there was a break-in at Farms. The only thing stolen - the club's security cameras.

Karen Swift's dead and only partially clothed body was found in the bushes off a dirt road at the Bledsoe Cemetery in December 2011. But, the area was searched on November 10, a month earlier. How could they miss a decomposing body?

Karen Swift's best friend, Erin Gray, has never been interviewed by police, although she says Karen told her some strange things before she died.

“She did tell me she had got herself in a mess and she didn't know how to get out of it," Gray said. "But, that it had nothing to do with her husband."

Swift reportedly told her friend she was having an affair with a married man and had local police in her back pocket. She said some people gave her $10,000 to help with her divorce, but had a strange reaction to the gift.

"I remember replying that was very nice of them and she said 'Nobody is nice here. Everything comes with a price,'" Gray said.​

Wow! If that is accurate it would sure change my views on the case. Sometimes LE gets target fixation and I wonder now if that has happened here.

I am so happy that Karen's case is being investigated again. If you read through what they found so far it's something that makes me think, there really has been a cover up here. (link for Ferrier Files is posted up above by JNryan)
1 Three independent witnesses spot "prominent man" using a metal detector in the area Karen's body was found, before her body was found.
2 Several people report on the night of the Halloween party Karen had an altercation with a married woman on the patio of the Farms,and again in front of the building. (the podcast I listened to linked in Ferrier Files said the whole town (practically) knew about this altercation, and staff of the Farms who were there were told to lie it happened. Supposedly, the married woman Karen had the altercation with is "prominent man's" daughter.
3 Early November break in at the Farms where surveillance cameras and their tapes are stolen and destroyed. These would have shown the altercation between Karen and prominent mans daughter.
4 Podcast.From listening to the podcast from Heather Cohen the results that came back from the screw in the tire, is the screw had been manually screwed into her tire.
5 I was surprised to learn the "unusual" things going on in Karens life (with the Bonas) were true, and they were at the center of it.
In my opinion, all of this warrants a second look at Karen's case. I no longer think David had anything to do with Karen's death

HMC Investigations have reported their findings on what most likely happened to Karen.

hmcinvestigations.com/the-murder-of-karen-swift-investigative-report/hmcinvestigations.com/the-murder-of-karen-swift-investigative-report/
WOW is all I can say after reading that. What a tangled web if all is true, which I have no reason to believe it's not.

I wonder if cell phone records of the prominent man and his wife would have put them where Karen's body was found or where her car was found along side the road. If the wife killed Karen and then called the husband to help her dispose of Karen's body, there should be a call between the two early in the morning. Also his phone records would likely show calls between him and Karen (burner phone) or the swinger couple who was arranging the meetings with him and Karen.

The story about loosing his watch I'm sure is a lie and it would make more sense if the wife threw her wedding ring at him after they dumped Karen's body. Friends of the prominent man's wife should be interviewed to see if anyone remember her suddenly not wearing her wedding ring after that day or if she gave a story as to loosing the ring.

Sounds like LE was trying to brush off any reports of prominent man being seen where Karen was found, before her body was found. Possible cover up by LE?? Who is this guy??

JMO

Last edited:
HMC Investigations have reported their findings on what most likely happened to Karen.

hmcinvestigations.com/the-murder-of-karen-swift-investigative-report/hmcinvestigations.com/the-murder-of-karen-swift-investigative-report/

A good report, though a little confusing with several redacted names.

I'm confused about one thing: Where is the "crime scene" the author refers to? The one where people witnessed a prominent man with a metal detector.

Is it the location where her body was dumped? Was it the location where her car was found abandoned? IIRC, her car was abandoned on a road not far from her (Karen's) home. Did LE do a thorough search and analysis of her car and did they keep the evidence they collected? Any touch DNA on the car or on the victim's clothing? Blood or fingerprints in or on the car? The latter is the tricky part if LE was involved in helping the case go "cold".

As we've seen in other cases, if LE is protecting someone it's not as much about the evidence they do collect from a victim and crime scene, it's what they don't collect. It's where they don't look. They probably didn't collect any phone records, etc. from any suspects besides Karen's husband.

Does the prosecutor seem interested in pursuing this case or no? This woman deserves justice. The whole story is small town southern Gothic. Rich people don't go to jail.

With witness statements, they could request phone pings. It may not "solve" the case, but it would help move the investigation in to the right direction. If this "prominent man" or his wife or daughter were in the vicinity of her broken down car, they should be able to question them more.

I know that her mom aches for justice every single day!

A good report, though a little confusing with several redacted names.

I'm confused about one thing: Where is the "crime scene" the author refers to? The one where people witnessed a prominent man with a metal detector.

Is it the location where her body was dumped? Was it the location where her car was found abandoned? IIRC, her car was abandoned on a road not far from her (Karen's) home. Did LE do a thorough search and analysis of her car and did they keep the evidence they collected? Any touch DNA on the car or on the victim's clothing? Blood or fingerprints in or on the car? The latter is the tricky part if LE was involved in helping the case go "cold".

As we've seen in other cases, if LE is protecting someone it's not as much about the evidence they do collect from a victim and crime scene, it's what they don't collect. It's where they don't look. They probably didn't collect any phone records, etc. from any suspects besides Karen's husband.

Does the prosecutor seem interested in pursuing this case or no? This woman deserves justice. The whole story is small town southern Gothic. Rich people don't go to jail.

I believe the reference to "the crime scene" in the report is referring to where Karen's body was found. Which is the same location where the prominent man was seen by several witness using the metal detector.

But there are multiple crime scenes in my eyes. One is where the car was found which was down the road from Karen's house at the T intersection with the main road to twon. Another is where Karen's body was found. Which was also down the road from Karen's house in the opposite direction from where the car was found. Another where Karen's phone last pinged near the river, which was past where Karen's body was found and likely where Karen's phone(s) was disposed of in the river. Karen's house. And maybe another wherever Karen was killed if not at one of the previous mentioned scenes.

JMO

With everything HMC investigations has uncovered, I hope Karen's case can move forward.

hmcinvestigations.com/justice-for-karen-and-a-threatening-call-to-hmc-investigations/

further reading I found interesting. This is under recent posts from the original link I posted above.It talks about some of the phone pings. It also gives "prominent man"s name.
Not the first time this guy has made threats against someone who was investigating the case. Back in 2015 Darrell Sells called PI Bill Warner and threatened him as well.
Better Call Bill Warner Investigations Sarasota Fl: UPDATED Threatening Call Today From 731-285-0998 Dyersburg TN Caller Was Darrell Sells From His McDonalds Store Something About Murdered Karen Swift, WTH?

Wow what a turn of events I see coming back to this thread after being way for a few years. Complicated to say the least, as we approach the 8-year anniversary. Good work to all here for the updates, thanks!

I truly believe that local law enforcement has had tunnel vision. They’ve been so fixated on Karen’s husband that, as noted in the podcast by HMC Investigations, they’ve practically refused to take witness statements from people whose information didn’t align with law enforcement’s theory. Who else had law enforcement in their back pocket that made them refuse to investigate any other possibilities but David Swift? It’s infuriating to hear someone say that they approached law enforcement to give a witness statement only to be told they’re dreaming once they put forth what they saw, especially when there are three other witnesses who saw the same thing. So much shady activity going on in that small town and seemingly under the nose of law enforcement. I’m typically very pro law enforcement, but the information that has come out surrounding this case has made me so angry with local law enforcement in Dyer County. They’ve been clinging to the belief that David Swift did this for years with nothing to justify his arrest. Meanwhile, a killer or killers has continued to walk free for 8 years. Focusing on David unjustifiably has only further victimized the four children who lost their mother. As always, I continue to pray for justice in this case.

I truly believe that local law enforcement has had tunnel vision. They’ve been so fixated on Karen’s husband that, as noted in the podcast by HMC Investigations, they’ve practically refused to take witness statements from people whose information didn’t align with law enforcement’s theory. Who else had law enforcement in their back pocket that made them refuse to investigate any other possibilities but David Swift? It’s infuriating to hear someone say that they approached law enforcement to give a witness statement only to be told they’re dreaming once they put forth what they saw, especially when there are three other witnesses who saw the same thing. So much shady activity going on in that small town and seemingly under the nose of law enforcement. I’m typically very pro law enforcement, but the information that has come out surrounding this case has made me so angry with local law enforcement in Dyer County. They’ve been clinging to the belief that David Swift did this for years with nothing to justify his arrest. Meanwhile, a killer or killers has continued to walk free for 8 years. Focusing on David unjustifiably has only further victimized the four children who lost their mother. As always, I continue to pray for justice in this case.
I'm right there with you. For years I thought David Swift was the ONLY possible person. Now I have the same questions and I wonder when and if TBI will ever get involved.

First and foremost im new to the forum i seen a tv documentary introducing myself to the site and wondered if her case was here. I lived around that area at the time prayers for her children and family that was so sad! Rumors around that case and missing camera footage from the country club she attended that law enforcement wanted to review was always questionable to me.The fact that her youngest child was sick at the party and she left to get her and take her home after leaving her own party for halloween showed me she was such a great mom its so sad.I hoped the baby never thought it was their fault i probably would have had my mom came for me lovingly like she did.Whoever did it really took an important piece out of the kids life that they can never get back one day hopefully they will be caught so closure of some sort can heal that family!

Wow what a turn of events I see coming back to this thread after being way for a few years. Complicated to say the least, as we approach the 8-year anniversary. Good work to all here for the updates, thanks!
Not the first time this guy has made threats against someone who was investigating the case. Back in 2015 Darrell Sells called PI Bill Warner and threatened him as well.
Better Call Bill Warner Investigations Sarasota Fl: UPDATED Threatening Call Today From 731-285-0998 Dyersburg TN Caller Was Darrell Sells From His McDonalds Store Something About Murdered Karen Swift, WTH?
Wasnt the store remodeled at that time the reason people thought the owner was involved like he and her had been in a secret relationship or with the owners son? Thats real odd behavior but people gossip without thinking how it affects others the owner probably snapped over accusations smdh

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k2910
Back