TN TN - Kathy Jones, 12, Nashville, 29 Nov 1969 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the bolded paragraph, this is the problem. Suppose hairs were found on Kathy's body, or fibers, let's say. If it was discovered by a funeral home employee, it's useless as evidence because a proper chain of custody wasn't maintained. Not to mention, there was no rape kit. Perhaps the first team did have evidence tying the murder to Adcox. It would have been useless because the initial investigation was botched, and that explains why the D.A. wouldn't send the case to a grand jury.

ETA: Since we're discussing profiles, this is a source I've bookmarked. Note on p. 334, third paragraph, where the profiler discusses the importance of the crime scene in developing a profile. It's interesting.

http://www.aapdp.org/documents/uplo...ws_A_Profile_of_the_Hunter_and_the_Hunted.pdf

This describes a disorganized crime scene.

2. Disorganized Crime Scenes
The criminal shows no planning or premeditation. Motive of the crime is impulse, rage or some other
intense emotional state. Spontaneous actions and turbulent assaults results in chaotic crime scene.
Victim selected at random and crime scene is usually where the encounter took place. So, Victim is
often by chance like is at the wrong place at the wrong time. Usually, the offender uses materials at
hand. Hurried or blitz-style attack, and crime scene is disarrayed.

Characteristics of Disorganized Crime Scenes
1. Body left at death scene
2. Spontaneous offense
3. Evidence or weapon present at scene
4. Victim or location known
5. Body left in view
6. Depersonalizes victim
8. Minimal conversation
10. Crime scene is sloppy
11. Sudden violence to victim

http://www.zeepedia.com/read.php?in...tigation_staging_forensic_psychology&b=87&c=7
[FONT=pjmack+timesnewromanpsmt,Times New Roman, Times, serif]

[/FONT]

O.k., I should have thought of control of evidence. Maybe the detectives found the hair?

I know it sounds like they just threw her in a coffin and buried her, but there was some kind of examination.

Somehow, somewhere, they have a piece of evidence that has DNA they can use. I do not know what it is or how they came to have it. But, they keep talking about it. So, they must have something. And it must be something that legally they can use. Although I believe they can use other things to give them hints; they just can't use those in court. But, I am probably wrong about that.

If any part of the rapes took place where she was found, then there should be something like that in that location. Maybe on her clothing? I know she was only wearing a sock, but.. well, I can think of how this could take place. I will just say he was tiding himself up.

The DA didn't send the case against Adcox to the GJ due to something with witnesses, I believe. This evidence they are talking about now would not have meant anything in 1977. Or not much anyway. The type of case they built against Adcox in 1977 and the type of case they would build now (if Adcox were alive) would be really different just due to the fact there are things available that weren't even thought of then. So, this means that ...well, I took it to mean, they are going to go about things really differently.. in theory.

I'm not sure if it was a disorganized crime scene. There was no weapon there. I just do not believe the crime took place there. I have always been told that it did not. Part of it may have, but the whole thing didn't. I need to clear this up with police. I have been to this Krispy Kreme, I just cannot imagine how it would be possible since this was a rather lengthy crime.

Also, the cuts that were more for torture than to kill her.. I think this crime scene is deceptive.

But, I could be wrong about that. Still, I think if it followed the way things generally go.. then it would be solved.

Back in 1969, Kathy couldn't have been the only murder victim who didn't get an autopsy. But, they had other convictions. I don't know how they went about it, but they built cases somehow. I guess that is what they tried to do with hers. It frustrates me since she ought to have gotten an autopsy.

There was more of an exam than what the newspapers are making it out to be. I wish my father was alive and I could have him describe what he saw when he went to .. wherever he went that they had her. I feel some information is missing for these newspapers.

Also, I am sorry to be stupid, but what blood tests? Of Kathy? Of the suspects? If it is the suspects, couldn't they take it whenever? (Except for Adcox who is dead now.)

I have to go for a little while. Thank you everyone for your help.

Love,
December

O.k., I should have thought of control of evidence. Maybe the detectives found the hair?

I know it sounds like they just threw her in a coffin and buried her, but there was some kind of examination.

Somehow, somewhere, they have a piece of evidence that has DNA they can use. I do not know what it is or how they came to have it. But, they keep talking about it. So, they must have something. And it must be something that legally they can use. Although I believe they can use other things to give them hints; they just can't use those in court. But, I am probably wrong about that.

If any part of the rapes took place where she was found, then there should be something like that in that location. Maybe on her clothing? I know she was only wearing a sock, but.. well, I can think of how this could take place. I will just say he was tiding himself up.

The DA didn't send the case against Adcox to the GJ due to something with witnesses, I believe. This evidence they are talking about now would not have meant anything in 1977. Or not much anyway. The type of case they built against Adcox in 1977 and the type of case they would build now (if Adcox were alive) would be really different just due to the fact there are things available that weren't even thought of then. So, this means that ...well, I took it to mean, they are going to go about things really differently.. in theory.

I'm not sure if it was a disorganized crime scene. There was no weapon there. I just do not believe the crime took place there. I have always been told that it did not. Part of it may have, but the whole thing didn't. I need to clear this up with police. I have been to this Krispy Kreme, I just cannot imagine how it would be possible since this was a rather lengthy crime.

Also, the cuts that were more for torture than to kill her.. I think this crime scene is deceptive.

But, I could be wrong about that. Still, I think if it followed the way things generally go.. then it would be solved.

Back in 1969, Kathy couldn't have been the only murder victim who didn't get an autopsy. But, they had other convictions. I don't know how they went about it, but they built cases somehow. I guess that is what they tried to do with hers. It frustrates me since she ought to have gotten an autopsy.

There was more of an exam than what the newspapers are making it out to be. I wish my father was alive and I could have him describe what he saw when he went to .. wherever he went that they had her. I feel some information is missing for these newspapers.

Also, I am sorry to be stupid, but what blood tests? Of Kathy? Of the suspects? If it is the suspects, couldn't they take it whenever? (Except for Adcox who is dead now.)
I think you're referring to this statement.
Because there was no medical examiner at the time of Jones’ death, no autopsy was performed. There was no such thing as DNA testing either, and blood tests were rarely used. As a result, little physical evidence was taken from the crime scene.
http://www.nashvillescene.com/nashville/a-killing-a-search-a-suspect/Content?oid=1182733

"Blood tests" here refers to the old standard ABO blood typing that was used pre-DNA to differentiate a victim's blood from the attacker's, and to narrow down the list of suspects.

There certainly might have been semen or the killer's blood on a piece of clothing found at the scene, but the statement above makes it doubtful any such evidence would still exist. Nevertheless, as you say, there might be "something" that is the basis for these two statements made eleven years later in 2009.

"We'd actually looked at the evidence in the Kathy Jones case during some of the preliminary DNA testing, but with the advances that we have today, certainly that's a possibility," said Miller.
Investigators said the Kathy Jones case seems to be most promising when it came to getting the DNA profile of the killer.
http://www.newschannel5.com/global/story.asp?s=10774294

I'm sorry if my posts have upset you, December. I know you're after the truth, and often the best way to get to it is to shake up the picture and let the pieces fall into focus. :hug:

Other Tennessee cases. I also included one from Marietta, GA.

1. 02/22/1963 -- HERRING PAULA, 18, gunshot wounds, in her home, Nashville, TN -- JOHN RANDOLPH CLARKE
2. 10/07/1963 -- NEAL THERESA ANN, 4, strangled with necktie, garbage can family carport, Johnson City, TN
3. 07/01/1965 -- ANDERSON WANDA JUNE, 11, beaten with a pipe/raped, Nashville, TN -- EDWARD JOSEPH MCGEE denied killing Wanda June Anderson
4. 12/17/1966 -- RAY DEBORAH LYNN, 9, beaten in head with a rock, Shelbyville, Davidson, TN -- EDWARD JOSEPH MCGEE confessed
5. 12/17/1966 -- SEIBERS PHYLLIS, 8, beaten in head with a rock, Shelbyville, Davidson, TN -- EDWARD JOSEPH MCGEE confessed
6. 01/01/1966 -- GREEN REBA KAY, 14, stabbed one time, killed in her bed lying next to her twin sister, Nashville, TN
7. 11/29/1969 -- SIRMANS GLENDA MARIE, 13, stabbed/raped, found near Lakeland Road, Lenoir City, abducted from Farragut, TN
8. 02/26/1970 -- NECESSARY BETTY JEAN, 12, shot/raped, nude body found wooded area five miles east of Kingsport, TN -- EDDIE BOWEN convicted
9. 05/30/1973 -- WILLIAMS PATRICIA SUE, 13, stabbed 48 times/no sexual assault, family's farmhouse, Union City/Ebeneze, TN
10. 1/13/1972 -- RANDALL DEBORAH, 9, strangled with bare hand/sexually assaulted, wooded area near Marietta, GA
11. 2/2/1975 -- SARAH DES PREZ, 19, suffocated/raped, Vanderbilt student attacked in her apartment, Nashville, TN -- RANDOLPH JEROME BARRETT convicted
12. 2/16/1975 -- TRIMBLE MARCIA, 9, strangled/sexually assaulted, found in neighbor's garage, Nashville, TN -- RANDOLPH JEROME BARRETT convicted

I think you're referring to this statement.http://www.nashvillescene.com/nashville/a-killing-a-search-a-suspect/Content?oid=1182733

"Blood tests" here refers to the old standard ABO blood typing that was used pre-DNA to differentiate a victim's blood from the attacker's, and to narrow down the list of suspects.

There certainly might have been semen or the killer's blood on a piece of clothing found at the scene, but the statement above makes it doubtful any such evidence would still exist. Nevertheless, as you say, there might be "something" that is the basis for these two statements made eleven years later in 2009.

http://www.newschannel5.com/global/story.asp?s=10774294

I'm sorry if my posts have upset you, December. I know you're after the truth, and often the best way to get to it is to shake up the picture and let the pieces fall into focus. :hug:

Thanks for the information on the blood tests..

I do know they have a cool room where they keep the cold cases. I don't know if this existed in 1969, but then it was a newish case. Maybe they had an evidence refrigerator or something?

The thing is, they don't want to say what they have. Maybe they believe it would tip off the killer? I don't have the vaguest idea what they have that would have survive from 1969 until 2009. It must have been something that had some investigative value in 1969, but in 1998 was something they could use? Or it was on or in something they had that they kept?

This is why I started thinking of a hair... but I think it would have degraded unless very carefully preserved. But, maybe not.. i've heard cases of DNA they found places that were a bit unusual that wasn't specifically preserved at the time, but when they went back after DNA became a possibility, it was useful.

The detectives would have needed to find it, but my father went up there. And he did always talk about some sort of exam and he talked to a "nurse". He would not have thought of a funeral home attendant as a nurse.

Maybe they will finally tell me what it is they have.

I am just getting frustrated because NONE of this would be any issue whatsoever if they'd gone to Vanderbilt and gotten someone there to do a thorough autopsy.

And the place where she was found... various people from my family have been taken to the specific lot. Maybe to see if they could look around and see if there was a building or house that put an idea of a suspect into their head. And this began right after she was found.

If they didn't take any blood to Kathy, maybe they took it in the 70s from Nora.. would that work?

Thanks for the information on the blood tests..

I do know they have a cool room where they keep the cold cases. I don't know if this existed in 1969, but then it was a newish case. Maybe they had an evidence refrigerator or something?

The thing is, they don't want to say what they have. Maybe they believe it would tip off the killer? I don't have the vaguest idea what they have that would have survive from 1969 until 2009. It must have been something that had some investigative value in 1969, but in 1998 was something they could use? Or it was on or in something they had that they kept?

This is why I started thinking of a hair... but I think it would have degraded unless very carefully preserved. But, maybe not.. i've heard cases of DNA they found places that were a bit unusual that wasn't specifically preserved at the time, but when they went back after DNA became a possibility, it was useful.

The detectives would have needed to find it, but my father went up there. And he did always talk about some sort of exam and he talked to a "nurse". He would not have thought of a funeral home attendant as a nurse.

Maybe they will finally tell me what it is they have.

I am just getting frustrated because NONE of this would be any issue whatsoever if they'd gone to Vanderbilt and gotten someone there to do a thorough autopsy.

And the place where she was found... various people from my family have been taken to the specific lot. Maybe to see if they could look around and see if there was a building or house that put an idea of a suspect into their head. And this began right after she was found.

If they didn't take any blood to Kathy, maybe they took it in the 70s from Nora.. would that work?
Talking about hair evidence reminded me of something I read recently in the Boston Strangler case. In 2001 or 2002, the bodies of Albert DeSalvo and a victim, Mary Sullivan, were both exhumed, and guess what? A hair was found in Ms. Sullivan's teeth that was missed at the time of her death. Also, around that same time, DNA was extracted from evidence found at the murder scene in the early 1960's.

The story's a little complicated. So, rather than explain it here, I'm going to link to a post in another thread where I broke it down. Be sure to look over the articles I linked. You'll find the answers to some of your questions.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MA MA - The Boston Strangler, Albert DeSalvo, 1960's

One thing I have been thinking about is differences in laws in 1969 and now.

There are some weird, loophole type of things defendants can use (and in some cases these things may be totally justified) that weren't even thought of in 1969 or in 1977.

So, this made me think a modern case would almost always be different. Even if the evidence was good and reliable evidence, there is a different way it has to be introduced. A lot of the ones I read were specifically about various types of testimony (usually about the accused's participation in other crimes).

In my friend's case, however, DNA was found on some clothing.

ETA
I had a better lead in for the last sentence, but deleted it since it was more about my friend's case. so this is why it's randomly there...

One thing I have been thinking about is hypothermia. Up until I started doing research, I thought that it took really cold temperatures to cause it. But, it turns out, there are degrees of hypothermia.

There is a level where you will be cold and shivering and in misery, but you probably will not die even if no medical attention/first aid is ever received. And this can occur in much warmer temperatures than I would have thought. It only has to be cold to the person suffering. There can be others in the exact same room who feel no ill effects whatsoever.

This makes me think of many other types of places. I wonder, was there some kind of small outbuilding or shed nearby? Something they could feel certain would escape notice of the police for whatever reason. Some place they could clean up easily afterwards (the 1969 version of 'clean up', not the 2013 version). Some small cold place that a murderer could easily take a little girl. And when he was done, there was a lot nearby to leave her. To scare the neighborhood and taunt the police.

What kind of place might it be? Maybe a dirt floor? (I don't think she would have been on that when raped... it think she was tied to something.. but not lying on anything, just due to the brutality of it.)

before i started doing research, I didn't understand a lot of stuff about tying someone up.

Here is a photo from a public demonstration. The woman is fully clothed and is not being harmed. Nothing sexual is going on in this photo.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Partial_suspension_folsom.jpg

In the photo, her hands are behind her back and one leg is up (she is wearing pants). The ropes are holding a lot of weight. She is intricately tied because, in this example, the man (also fully clothed) isn't trying to cause her any pain. So, the same can be done more easily by a person who doesn't care if the person being tied up is hurt.

The wikipedia article this comes from does have nudity. So, if you track back to the article, be warned.. it shows much more than this photo does. Some of the pictures are disgusting (moo).

ETA
I am not saying this is exactly what was done to Kathy (meaning this pose). But, this is just an example to show the possibilities of what can be done.

December, when you joined WS a few months ago, I encountered you on several threads and thought, wow, here's a new poster who is really jumping right in with some very insightful posts. But I did not realize, then, that you had joined largely for Kathy's case -- I had read in her thread before a little, but before you came along. You are really delving into her case for her, and you have some great help joining in, too. I wish you well -- would love to see this one solved!

I am so glad to see her case featured and hope it will help somehow to bring some things to light/needed action. It is just horrendous, what happened to Kathy. I see how it would haunt a family and community for many years, especially unsolved.

It is tragic, to me, too, that there was no autopsy. As you say -- if only there had been, so many questions might have answers.

So -- bessie, you stated no rape kit -- you think nothing of that sort, not even some rudimentary version? No fingernail clippings, etc.? The coroner did say she was raped, but I guess that was from the obvious physical damage, then?

December, I was kind of thinking, like you mentioned, that there may have been semen on some of her clothing or other possessions, possibly from the perp "cleaning up", as you said -- or maybe even something really bizarre like excrement at the scene (it seems some really out-of-control violent perps do that).

I haven't finished reading all the newer posts (since December came along and since being featured), but I will try to get up to speed. Not sure how I feel about whether the bulk of the attack occurred right where she was found -- December and bessie have both made good points, IMO, toward the two different possibilities.

One thing that crossed my mind -- if it turns out to be true that the grass wasn't crushed, Kathy's body wasn't dirty from the ground, etc. -- what about the idea that she may have been attacked inside a vehicle? You know, especially something like a van or delivery truck -- OR that bus. It could have been parked very close by -- maybe even IN the vacant lot -- and Kathy and her belongings just dropped out on the ground afterwards.

I wonder -- the part of her sock used as a gag, was it torn or cut? Seems it would be hard to tear a sock, but I don't know. Attacker must have had something sharp to inflict the wounds, guess he could have used that. But I wonder WHY he would have taken the time/trouble to cut/tear the sock, anyhow -- it doesn't seem like it would make that much difference in size, it was just a sock. Maybe just one more opportunity to use his big bad knife or whatever he had -- ugghh. Just one little curious thing, to me.

December, when you joined WS a few months ago, I encountered you on several threads and thought, wow, here's a new poster who is really jumping right in with some very insightful posts. But I did not realize, then, that you had joined largely for Kathy's case -- I had read in her thread before a little, but before you came along. You are really delving into her case for her, and you have some great help joining in, too. I wish you well -- would love to see this one solved!

I am so glad to see her case featured and hope it will help somehow to bring some things to light/needed action. It is just horrendous, what happened to Kathy. I see how it would haunt a family and community for many years, especially unsolved.

It is tragic, to me, too, that there was no autopsy. As you say -- if only there had been, so many questions might have answers.

So -- bessie, you stated no rape kit -- you think nothing of that sort, not even some rudimentary version? No fingernail clippings, etc.? The coroner did say she was raped, but I guess that was from the obvious physical damage, then?

December, I was kind of thinking, like you mentioned, that there may have been semen on some of her clothing or other possessions, possibly from the perp "cleaning up", as you said -- or maybe even something really bizarre like excrement at the scene (it seems some really out-of-control violent perps do that).

I haven't finished reading all the newer posts (since December came along and since being featured), but I will try to get up to speed. Not sure how I feel about whether the bulk of the attack occurred right where she was found -- December and bessie have both made good points, IMO, toward the two different possibilities.

One thing that crossed my mind -- if it turns out to be true that the grass wasn't crushed, Kathy's body wasn't dirty from the ground, etc. -- what about the idea that she may have been attacked inside a vehicle? You know, especially something like a van or delivery truck -- OR that bus. It could have been parked very close by -- maybe even IN the vacant lot -- and Kathy and her belongings just dropped out on the ground afterwards.

I wonder -- the part of her sock used as a gag, was it torn or cut? Seems it would be hard to tear a sock, but I don't know. Attacker must have had something sharp to inflict the wounds, guess he could have used that. But I wonder WHY he would have taken the time/trouble to cut/tear the sock, anyhow -- it doesn't seem like it would make that much difference in size, it was just a sock. Maybe just one more opportunity to use his big bad knife or whatever he had -- ugghh. Just one little curious thing, to me.

Thank you for the compliment.

I did join for Kathy.

But, I am also interested in other cases because I know how it feels. Not only from Kathy, but my friend's murder went unsolved for many years. Officially.

Unoffically, the police knew exactly who did it. They did look into other possibilities, but they knew who did it. Eventually, they managed to piece together a case and had him arrested in tried. His lawyers got a lot of the evidence thrown out (sometimes it seemed unfairly), but for every piece of evidence that was thrown out it seemed the prosecution had two more pieces of evidence to prove the same thing. Now that they had him in a court room, they weren't going to make any mistake that could let him walk because he was a danger to other people.

To be clear, the person who murdered my friend could not have murdered Kathy. It is impossible. However, I have learned a lot about murderers from this individual. And how the police act when they have a very good suspect and are gathering their evidence.

In my friend's case, the DNA matched their prime suspect. But, they needed more. I wonder if this is what has happened with Kathy's case. This may be why they aren't saying where they obtained this DNA. I don't think they said in my friend's case either.. they just said they had DNA until the trial and then it was all explained.

I can't figure out the deal with Adcox how they are saying yes no yes no yes no maybe with him. All I can figure out that this is part of their case. Somehow. Their case can't really be with him at this point because he's dead. They could just declare him the murderer now if they wanted to. Maybe the key is something Adcox did for the murderer more than something he did to Kathy.

And yes, I have long considered the possibility that the attack occurred in a vehicle. A larger type of vehicle and one no one would have made any particular note of at the time when the attacks were occurring. The vehicle could easily be moved to other locations if the murderer felt the other people around were casting a few too many glances his way.

Adcox's roller drome bus is a definite possibiity. However, I feel the police must have searched it. I don't know how thorough that would be in 1969. If there was blood all over, clearly they would see that. And if it looked like it had just be scrubbed to within an inch of its life, they would take note of that (it wouldn't prove anything, but it would be something they would notice). However, if Adcox or someone took the precaution of putting down some newspapers or drop cloths or something and then wiping the place down a bit.. would that have passed muster in 1969?

I have to say at this point that guess who else had a van/bus/something like that? KRISPY KREME! I wonder how much they looked at the people who worked there?

A friend of mine used to work at a doughnut shop so I went in there all of the time. The guy who made the doughnuts I never saw even once. I'm not accusing this guy of anything, but just giving an example.. he worked quietly making his doughnuts and when there was enough doughnuts, he went out the back and went home (or wherever). Maybe that's just the way doughnut makers roll? Did someone from KK behave the same way? Just quietly in the back making doughnuts, but sometimes casting an eye out to the customers?

The KK van delivered boxes of doughnuts. Maybe this guy talked to Kathy now and then. Maybe that day, he offered her a box of doughnuts or maybe she even bought it. Or maybe he just offered to show her the van/bus/whatever (they had a van and a bus at one point).

It would be simple, when it was dark and quiet at night to open the doors and throw her outside. And throw her clothes, too. I always just assumed he put them in a paper grocery sack or something to keep them all together when he dumped her. Maybe he just turned the sack up and they dumped out on the ground wadded up like they had been when he took those things from her.

The sock has bothered me as well. I wonder if she started swallowing it (accidentally) when she was involuntarily gasping and trying to breathe. And he tried to get it out and cut it then (Not to help her, just because he wasn't ready for her to die yet)? Unless the whole thing just wouldn't fit. Weren't bobbie socks different from regular white socks in that they had a thicker cuff? Maybe that's what he cut off.

I know it is not in these newspapers except the one from North Carolina kind of mentions it, but an exam was done. It wasn't "forsenics" like we think of these days. But, they did do some kind of official exam of her body. Maybe the coroner just drove over to the funeral home? It mentions in the Banner (which, sigh) that someone from the DA was there when her body was taken by the funeral home.

I do not believe they could print in the newspapers what actually happened next. But, they really did examine her. Or the outside of her body. They didn't open her mouth and look into and the should have. But, they did examine her visually. And maybe even a little more. They might have taken some evidence..it's just compared to what they take now, it isn't much of anything is how I read the articles. I was a little surprised and I wonder if the police are being a bit coy on that aspect.. hiding what little they do have.

My father has always talked about this. He went down there and saw her and talked to them. He didn't act like it was just people working at a funeral home. His father died also in 1969, so he went to prepare for that funeral as well. But, it was from natural causes and it was an entirely different deal.

They may have done something similar to a rape kit.. this is something that absolutely would not have been in the newspapers. People would not have wanted to read such things. I will try to find out. But, they would have visually inspected the condition of her body and noted it was in very bad condition. From what the Scene writer said, you could even see this in the photos.

When they put her in the coffin they had to break her legs. So, maybe we can figure out from that about what kind of state she was in by the time they began to try to get her into some kind of condition to show the rest of the family (who were traumatized just by losing her).

My father and one particular uncle were the men in my family who took care of horrible things no one else wanted to do. Before them, it was my grandfather and his brother. But, my grandfather had a stroke, so he was confined to the hospital until he died. (this makes me so sad)

My father was the one who took on the duty of dealing with many horrible details related to Kathy's murder. My father was a combat veteran and a stoic person.. but seeing her, it was so hard on him. Not everything is in the newspapers, I wish I could prove this stuff.

I guess the thing to always remember is unless something worse has happened only recently (and I hope it has not), Kathy's murder is considered by police to be the most brutal child murder in Nashville's history. Many police publicly say this. Micky Miller of Metro Police said the murder is a "vicious and vile" individual (he may have said creature).

I am going to try to get as much detail from the police as I can, but quite honestly.. I'm scared. I'm scared to hear these details that even police who have only see photographs say it is the worst child murder. I'm scared to see what upset my father for the rest of his life. This wrecked my family because it was that bad.

I'm sorry to get emotional..

Also, using the victim's own clothing to bind them is a technique used by a certain type of person who has received training. The reason they do this is because then what evidence does this leave the cops? Nothing. They can't trace down ropes by manufacturer or anything like that because it all belongs to the victim. In this case, the victim is a kid and probably most of her stuff was bought in just a few stores right around where she lived. Her mom would know every piece of clothing where is came from, but that isn't going to help solve the crime. (just thinking aloud)

But, yes, for quite time I have wondered about a vehicle. Maybe the murderer had a particular time he had to return the vehicle to his place of employment?

Thank you for reading about Kathy. I want to get some justice for her.

Backwoods, I forgot to answer.. yes, I have wondered if there is something really strange that the police have. The INDIVIDUAL who did this is so disgusting I would not put anything past them.

Just had a thought,.,,if the police still has the clothing in evidence. It could be tested for touch DNA and compared to the suspect pool or the suspects descendants...

Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Just had a thought,.,,if the police still has the clothing in evidence. It could be tested for touch DNA and compared to the suspect pool or the suspects descendants...

Just a thought.

It's a really GOOD thought, Linda7NJ! :takeabow:

I didn't even think about that and I don't know why. i have read people talking about that on other threads.

Would her purse maybe be even better? I know he rifled through it. (Hopefully the police have it.)

GBY December, for your dedication. :blowkiss:

It's a really GOOD thought, Linda7NJ! :takeabow:

I didn't even think about that and I don't know why. i have read people talking about that on other threads.

Would her purse maybe be even better? I know he rifled through it. (Hopefully the police have it.)

I don't know which items would be best for testing. IMO they should still have all of those items.

I don't know which items would be best for testing. IMO they should still have all of those items.

You're right. It could be anything, really.

I was just really happy because in 1969, who thought of touch DNA? He wadded up her coat, for example, who in 1969 could think the police could get anything from that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman