Identified! TN - Knox Co, 'Shotgun Jane Doe' WhtFem 607UFTN, 21-30, Jun'87 - Tena Marie Gattrell

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She looks close, but her eyes are the wrong color--blue versus brown.

Unidentified Person Case

The Namus entry has a copy of the original incident report. There's also a diagram of her fractures and other injuries.

I saw that too with the eyes but didn't someone say in a post above that they weren't 100% sure of Shot gun's eye color? I need to read thru this thread but wasn't one of the states that the Isotope testing say that she could be from PA?

I also thought it was interesting that this was said on Sally's Charley file "According to witnesses, White was very despondent at the time of her disappearance." - maybe something sent her over the edge and she just left...

She's not from Canada. Isotopes were done, I'll paste them in below from her FB page. We know she had a c section, her ankle was recently operated on yet her back was not. I feel she had an undiagnosed connective tissue disorder.

KNOX COUNTY JANE DOE CAME FROM ONE OF TEN STATES - PENNSYLVANIA, NEW JERSEY, OHIO, MICHIGAN, INDIANA, ILLINOIS, MINNESOTA, MARYLAND, VIRGINIA & WEST VIRGINIA.

I thought I saw PA as one of the states they think she came from...do you think I should submit Sally White? Yes eye color is off but I have seen it off before.

Her NamUs lists brown eyes, besides:
Well I submitted her to Knox County Cold Case - she has 250 rule outs , it can't hurt to check one more.

I also saw on the Knox County website - it didn't list her eye color. I have been doing matches a long time (and have seen eye color wrong a few times) - heck someone could have even gotten Sally's eye color wrong.

Cold Cases - Knox County Tenneessee Sheriff

She's certainly the most promising prospect I've seen for a while, and you're right, eye color is often vague or iffy.
When I saw Sally's profile on the Charley Project, I right away thought it looked like Shotgun... I wasn't even sure if the dates matched right away until I came here to look. I put a read receipt on the email I sent yesterday to the Knox County cold Case Division, but haven't received anything back yet.

I agree. Go with your gut feeling. We've seen greater descrepancies than this.
I just wish we knew more about Sally - if she had previous fractures, if she had her ears pierced and a tattoo.. etc.

There are alot of R/Os for this UID...Has anyone considered:

KPorco.jpg
KPorco2.jpg
KPorco1.jpg

Left & Center: Porco, circa 1986; Right: Age-progressed image of Porco (circa 2004)

Kristina Joanne Porco
Missing since November 29, 1986 from Hilton Head, Beaufort County, South Carolina.
Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: June 30, 1970
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'8; 140 pounds
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes. Porco wore artificial nails at the time of her disappearance.
    • Clothing: She was wearing jeans; an orange-colored sweatshirt; and white sneakers.
    • DNA: Available
    • AKA: Krissi

Circumstances of Disappearance
Porco was last seen leaving her family's home in Hilton Head, South Carolina on November 29, 1986.

She stormed out of the house after an argument with her mother. She called a friend to meet her by the condominium pool. When the friend arrived, there was nothing there but Porco`s red sweater.

Porco left on foot and took no money or clothes. Her savings account -between $100 and $200 - hasn't been touched.
Porco has never been seen again. Foul play is suspected in her disappearance.

DOE NETWORK

She's heavier than the UID and left home a year prior....It's possible she lost weight while on the run...I think someone else is considered a suspect in her disappearance or I'm thinking of another MP...

I was on Charley Project looking at the new case files that were added recently. I found this girl from my area- Sally White missing since January 1987 from Pittsburgh PA Sally J. White – The Charley Project
When I saw her picture I automatically thought of Shotgun Jane Doe. Sally isn't on Shot gun's rule out list. Here is a side by side. What do you think?

So I received an email back today from the Bellvue PA Police dept who is investigating Sally's disappearance. They are looking into this possible match. They also asked me if I was related to Sally - I explained my "weird" hobby of identifying missing people to unidentified people. I at least know that someone took my tip seriously and didn't blow me off, which has happened a few times.

I do see a resemblance - I looked up the UID on NamUs, she has a butterfly tattoo, hazel eyes, (Sally had blue) height is off (the UID was measured to be 5'7, Sally was only said to be between 5'0-5'4 and the weight is off. Sally went missing in 1987 and the UID was found in 1992....

I do see a resemblance - I looked up the UID on NamUs, she has a butterfly tattoo,(Sally isn't listed as having any tattoos) hazel eyes, (Sally had blue) height is off (the UID was measured to be 5'7, Sally was only said to be between 5'0-5'4 and the weight is off. Sally went missing in 1987 and the UID was found in 1992....Unidentified Person Case

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston
Back