Identified! TN - Knox Co, 'Shotgun Jane Doe' WhtFem 607UFTN, 21-30, Jun'87 - Tena Marie Gattrell

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thoughts.....

2746586110045078242S600x600Q851_zps43a60f7a.jpg
2657040180045078242S200x200Q851_zps6c20ea71.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/508dfny.html

I'm not seeing it. Different facial shape. Height's a bit off. No mention of medical hardware or Tattoo. None of these things by themselves would be exclusionary, but there's nothing there to make me want to look past the discrepancies.

I'm not seeing it. Different facial shape. Height's a bit off. No mention of medical hardware or Tattoo. None of these things by themselves would be exclusionary, but there's nothing there to make me want to look past the discrepancies.

I had thought that while the facial shape was not as 'long' as SJD's, the shape was similar. I also thought that the nose and hair may be too.

We need to remember that this Doe suffered a major shotgun wound to the face which means the ME/LE would have found it harder to do a sketch/image. It is also for this reason that we cannot get a clay moulding of her face due to her skull being too fragile.

I did submit Nancy to Lee for you so they must have ruled her out.

Further to me having a look on Namus last week, there have been 9 new rule out's for our Doe (have put full list below) and this includes the girl Rose Gayhart so no need to continue looking at her comparison.

First Name Last Name Year Of Birth State LKA
Lisa Borden 1960 Texas
Joy Cannon 1956 Tennessee
Linda Davis 1946 Oklahoma
Carol Edwards 1955 Washington
Tammy L. Fields 1965
Rose Gayhart 1962 New York
Sharon Giusti 1943 Washington
Kathryn Gregory 1957 Washington
Billie Jean Hall 1960 Maryland
Patricia Kelley Tennessee
Patricia Lousie Kelly 1957
Sharon McCully 1959 Texas
Angela Meeker 1965 Washington
Deborah Meyer 1958 Wyoming
Diana Miller 1962 Pennsylvania
Donna O'Banion 1960 Louisiana
Jeanne Overstreet 1963 Arizona
Elizabeth Pfeifer 1965 Texas
Laureen Rahn 1966 New Hampshire
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
Suzanne Schultz 1961 Wisconsin
Vicki Arleen Sundgaard 1963
Virginia Welch 1960 Virginia
Nancy Willis 1961 Tennessee
Verla Winter 1939 Washington

I did submit Nancy to Lee for you so they must have ruled her out.

Did you mention Annabelle Ludwig? I know that she much older than the age estimate, and there is no mention of a tattoo or medical hardware, but there are a lot of similarities.

Did you mention Annabelle Ludwig? I know that she much older than the age estimate, and there is no mention of a tattoo or medical hardware, but there are a lot of similarities.

No I haven't, I am just looking at her namus now, no dental or fingerprints for Anabelle and it says that DNA has been submitted and tests complete so presumably she can be ruled out/in that way.

As I think I have read from a lot of forums identifying JD's can be difficult and sometimes the person can be so far off the actual photo of the UID, so worth a shot. More than happy to submit as a possible :)

Could this girl be a possible?

Tina Marie Crouch
Missing since April 3, 1991 from Gaffney, Cherokee County, South Carolina.
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: June 21, 1970
Age at Time of Disappearance: 20 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2" (156 cm); 110 lbs. (50 kg)
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair with grey streaks in it; brown eyes. She dyed her hair blonde. Pierced ears.
Marks, Scars: Tina has a scar on the right side of her abdomen. may have a tattoo of a rose on her ankle.
Clothing: Crouch was last seen wearing a light-purple jacket, a white blouse, blue jeans and athletic shoes. Earrings, necklaces and rings.
AKA: Chris; Christina
Circumstances of Disappearance
Crouch was last seen in the vicinity of Jackson Street with a male individual. She disappeared about four hours after her family ran off her boyfriend. She has ties to the Maryland area.
Verifiable information was received that Crouch was sighted in Norfolk, Virginia, in 1997.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Cherokee County Sheriff's Office
864-489-4722

Agency Case Number: 2001-003026

NCIC Number:
M-814354663

Attachments

• compare.jpg
    compare.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 61
Sorry I failed to see that...my mind is on overdrive today with this Doe. Very frustrating but good to see her ruleouts on namus have been updated :)

Wow... According to the autopsy she was 167 cm and weighed approximately 43kg. Feel free to check my math but that would make her just over 5 foot 7 inches tall and just under 95 lbs. Wow...that is tall and skinny. And also not what is on her DOE network or NAMUS profiles. The Doe Network profile also has the tattoo on the wrong arm. It appears the tattoo is really on the left deltoid. There is also no mention of any of the skeletal findings in the autopsy report, makes me wonder if it was sent to an anthropologist after she wasn't identified.

Namus also has an incorrect date for the date she was killed. They have June 3rd, and she was killed in the early morning hours of June 1st. I am not trying to be picky, just point out some differences.

http://web.knoxnews.com/pdf/2009/112909autopsyweb01.pdf

Wow... According to the autopsy she was 167 cm and weighed approximately 43kg. Feel free to check my math but that would make her just over 5 foot 7 inches tall and just under 95 lbs. Wow...that is tall and skinny. And also not what is on her DOE network or NAMUS profiles. The Doe Network profile also has the tattoo on the wrong arm. It appears the tattoo is really on the left deltoid. There is also no mention of any of the skeletal findings in the autopsy report, makes me wonder if it was sent to an anthropologist after she wasn't identified.

Namus also has an incorrect date for the date she was killed. They have June 3rd, and she was killed in the early morning hours of June 1st. I am not trying to be picky, just point out some differences.

http://web.knoxnews.com/pdf/2009/112909autopsyweb01.pdf
My first thoughts upon reading the autopsy were that she was amazingly tall and thin and yes there are a lot of differences, especially to what is listed on Doe Network.

I am now in contact with the cold case crime analyst for our Doe and am seeing if these things can be changed. Will let you know when I hear back.

Am also going through the missing persons database again now that there is a larger list of exclusions for our Doe.
Pearly

What do we think about this compare?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/moberg_deborah.html
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1147dftx.html

The Doe Network:
Case File 1147DFTX

Deborah Suzzette Hernandez Moberg
Missing since January 9, 1987 from San Antonio, Texas.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: December 13, 1968
Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 years old
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair.
Circumstances of Disappearance
Moberg was last seen on January 9, 1987 in San Antonio, Texas.

Her adoptive father, Ray Moberg, was sentenced to life in prison in 1987, after he admitted to her homicide. Ray Moberg was sentenced to another life term after pleading guilty to burglary, and to five consecutive 20-year prison terms after pleading guilty to five charges of sexual assault on children. Two of the sexual assault charges involved Moberg's other stepdaughter.

He was at the end of a four-day gambling and drinking binge when he fatally shot Deborah and threw her body in a dumpster and taken out to a landfill.
Authorities searched the landfill, but Deborah has never been located.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

San Antonio Police Department
Detective Cunningham
210-207-7484

Source Information:
POMC
The Dallas Morning News

Attachments

• DeborahMoberg.jpg
    DeborahMoberg.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 43
What do we think about this compare?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/moberg_deborah.html
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1147dftx.html

moberg_deborah.jpg
607UFTN.jpg

The Doe Network:
Case File 1147DFTX

Deborah Suzzette Hernandez Moberg
Missing since January 9, 1987 from San Antonio, Texas.
Classification: Endangered Missing

The circumstances seem pretty far off of what happened with SJD.

I've seen people confess to crimes that they didn't commit. But then to have the falsely alleged victim go on to meet up with some strangers and get her head blown off trying to invade a stranger's home?

Pretty far-fetched. Especially since I don't see much of a resemblance anyway, except that she is tall, thin, and has curly hair.

The circumstances seem pretty far off of what happened with SJD.

I've seen people confess to crimes that they didn't commit. But then to have the falsely alleged victim go on to meet up with some strangers and get her head blown off trying to invade a stranger's home?

Pretty far-fetched. Especially since I don't see much of a resemblance anyway, except that she is tall, thin, and has curly hair.

IMO, I do not believe (due to how long this case has been unsolved for), that we can rule anyone out based on circumstances they went missing or where they may have come from.

I do agree that there is a large inconsistency with being a victim and then becoming the perp in a robbery however when I spoke to detectives in 2009 they informed me that SJD was 'partying' with the men and then up and left the residence they were partying at and was subsequently followed by one of the men. When she arrived at the said residence she appeared to hold on to one of the verandah poles and not let go and this was the 'ruckus' the homeowner was presented with.

I eventually would like to clear up with LE which is correct (the robbery or party story).

I also believe that we should be focusing on the chin, cheeks and nose rather than the eyes as they were literally blown out of her head when this incident occurred.

She is a tough one our SJD

I see these two as similar but I need other people's opinions please. I know hair colour and eye colour are off but I thought they looked quite similar

Case Type: Non Family Abduction
DOB: Mar 11, 1969 Sex: Female
Missing Date: Nov 20, 1986 Race: White
Age Now: 39 Height: 5'1" (155 cm)
Missing City: COLUMBUS Weight: 105 lbs (48 kg)
Missing State : MS Hair Color: Blonde
Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Green
Case Number: NCMC603354

Circumstances: Madeline was working at PJ's One-Stop on Highway 82 East. A customer found the store unattended. There was approximately $600 missing and her belongings were left behind. She was wearing an orange and blue sweater, blue jeans, and high-top tennis shoes. She is also known as "Midge.

Attachments

• MadelinePonds.jpg
    MadelinePonds.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 59
Morning Morning,

A photo of our Jane Doe's tattoo is now available on Namus and soon to be uploaded will be photos of her clothing as well.

The date she was found has been updated on Namus and is now correct.

I have another fantastic new contact at Knox County Cold Case who I am in daily if not weekly contact with so any questions let me know and I will be sure to pass them on.

As far as comparisons go, our Doe is currently being compared to Nellie Flickinger and another missing woman who I came across however we won't hear anything until January next year as to both of these.

On another note, our Jane Doe did NOT have her ears pierced and I am currently querying if it appears that she once wore a wedding ring (i.e. difference in colour where the band would be on her wedding finger). Will get back to you when I know.

Fingers crossed 2012 is the year for this Doe to be identified.
Pearly

I looked at this again with regards to Nellie Flickinger and there was no reference to any skin graft scarring on the UID although she must have had some scars from the surgeries.

Also, per Doe, Nellie used nicknames "Lindy Sue Henry; Nellie Henry; Sue Henry". I wonder where Henry came from. the UID had the initials B.H. tattooed on her. I wonder is that was her male friend and his last name was Henry?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2313dfpa.html

I looked at this again with regards to Nellie Flickinger and there was no reference to any skin graft scarring on the UID although she must have had some scars from the surgeries.

Also, per Doe, Nellie used nicknames "Lindy Sue Henry; Nellie Henry; Sue Henry". I wonder where Henry came from. the UID had the initials B.H. tattooed on her. I wonder is that was her male friend and his last name was Henry?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2313dfpa.html

Yes presumably she must have had some scars but the prominent one that was noted was the one on her stomach which we are assuming is from an emergency birth.

Also I do believe that her tattoo is the initials of either a partner or child....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KMac13
Back