Identified! TN - Knox Co, 'Shotgun Jane Doe' WhtFem 607UFTN, 21-30, Jun'87 - Tena Marie Gattrell

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I saw that both had previously-broken wrists, but I was referring to the protruding wrist bone that Annabelle had. I'm curious if it would have been visible in a photo of Jane Doe or if Jane had a previously-broken wrist that had healed more "cleanly."

Thanks Tatertot.

I noticed from the other thread your comment that a recently identified girl (Christine Jurek) turned out to be 34, even though she was estimated to have been between 20 and 25.

AZ AZ-AVONDALE Female found in River Sunday -Tattoo - June 2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I will keep this info handy in case I ever find out anything more about Annabelle (e.g., whether she had medical hardware, previous back injuries or a B.H. Tattoo, or if her boyfriend in Florida had the initials BH.)

If I do get additional info, I will probably have to submit it to the LE agency in charge of Annabelle's MP case, because the Tennessee detective seemed pretty inflexible about his decision not to look into it. After saying that Annabelle was too old, he commented "and besides, NamUs doesn't even propose her as a possible match." (as if that held any weight in determining whether a tip was good or not).

Maybe she had lost the baby and that's what caused her to have mental issues, and her crazy behavior that the men reported? Also why people weren't looking for her, as she could have been gone for a long while and not had proper pre-baby care?

Do you suppose...?

2746586110045078242S600x600Q851_zps43a60f7a.jpg
2657040180045078242S200x200Q851_zps6c20ea71.jpg

New DoeNet case just added today:

Nancy Debra Willis
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2985dftn.html

It says that she had previously broken her right leg in 8 places. No mention of her left leg, or any medical hardware. But given the number of breaks, one could say that there might be a some medical hardware in her leg(s).

She is also the right age, has similar curly hair in one of the photos, had given birth (as did SJD), and went missing approx 6 months prior to SJD's death, and was last seen in Tennessee.

However, she is a tad short compared to SJD.

How short? Because she was shot in the face with a shotgun, the shape of her head after is an estimation.

I do admit, she looks close. Plus the broken bones is a plus.

I think they look close too, wonder if Nancy had a tattoo... It says the UID had an unknown tattoo..

This information isn't included in the Doe Network file on Nancy, but her former husband was charged with killing and dismembering a newlywed couple in 2002. He also pled guilty to transporting 2,600 pounds of cocaine in NYC.

Though he is suspected to be involved in Nancy's disappearance, it's also possible to believe she could have fled her marriage and been on the road for a while.

Articles: http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/index.php?showtopic=61408

Do you suppose...?

Nancy Debra Willis

It says that she had previously broken her right leg in 8 places. No mention of her left leg, or any medical hardware. But given the number of breaks, one could say that there might be a some medical hardware in her leg(s).

She is also the right age, has similar curly hair in one of the photos, had given birth (as did SJD), and went missing approx 6 months prior to SJD's death, and was last seen in Tennessee.

I don't think it is good policy to argue a point without offering an alternative possibility but this point I can't find one and I have searched for a match on this one. The chin area, nose and cheeks look good to me. The only problem I have is the brow line. Not the brows but the structure. The UP seems to be more rounded whereas the MP's brow line seems more pronounced and straight across. The difference I see could be from lighting or a characteristic of expression. Have you found any other photos of Willis?

ETA Disregard my question and thanks Charlie99909 for your post. That explains the possible difference I see in the brow line.

Do you suppose...?

Nancy Debra Willis

Wow, that really looks like her.

I find that a little confusing too. Maybe because she was shot with shotgun, they wanted to make clear that her face was still 'recognizable'? Thats just a guess though. I don't recall ever seeing that phrase used before.

I work as a Civillian employee for a law enforcment agency where I do background checks and sell police reports over the counter. I've had several homicides with the phrase "recognizable face" in the report. Most of the time these investigations are still under investigation so I have to redax the whole narrative, but due to curiousity read it before redaxing. I'm sure its a phrase they learn at the academy. I 've seen it in every homicide case I've ever looked at. Homicide cases are rare by the way and I've never come across a case yet where a homicide victim was not identifiable.

Someone please submit Nancy Debra Willis.

Someone please submit Nancy Debra Willis.

I left a message with LE in charge of her case, but I didn't get a call-back. I'll try LE in charge of SJD's case on Monday.

I just left a message with Det. Perry Moyers of the Knoxville PD.

Hopefully I will get a call back from either Det. Moyers, or the Bradley County SD.

I just left a message with Det. Perry Moyers of the Knoxville PD.

Hopefully I will get a call back from either Det. Moyers, or the Bradley County SD.

I called back to the Bradley County Sheriff's office (in charge of NDW's missing person case), and spoke with a detective about this possible match.

He only said that he heard last week the detectives talking about the possible match of these two cases, so they are aware of it. He didn't seem to be willing to say much else about it though.

But they are looking into it. I just don't get the impression from talking to him i would get any info from that side regarding the outcome.

I got the call-back from Det. Moyers of the Knoxville PD.

He says that he just got done talking with Bradley County Sheriff's, and learned a little more info on Nancy Willis' case. Nancy's husband was recently convicted of two other murders, and they think that he was involved in Nancy's murder as well. Therefore Bradley County doubts that she is SJD.

But Det. Moyers is going to obtain her information and look into it anyway, because (as he put it) they don't have a body.

there are now 6 official rule outs for this UID:

Tammy L. Fields 1965
Billie Jean Hall 1960 Maryland
Patricia Lousie Kelly 1957
Diana Miller 1962 Pennsylvania
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
Vicki Arleen Sundgaard 1963

here is a very interesting possible match for Shotgun Jane Doe.

the missing person is Nellie Flickinger, born about 1950, who went missing in March 1979. described as being between 5'0" - 5'4", between 120-140 lbs, brown hair, had given birth, had "Plates and/ or screws in her leg due to a motorcycle accident",

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/1737/0/

while she is about 10 years older than the estimate for Shotgun JD, the UID had this medical hardware description:

right tibia healed fracture; left tibia healed fracture secured by metal pin; fibula healed fracture secured by metal plate manufactured by "Synthes".

Nellie had left her family to run off with another man and was supposedly going to California. this is her Doe Network profile:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2313dfpa.html

This looks very likely. I flipped Nellie's photo so she's facing the same way as the UID.

Attachments

• 607UFTN.jpg
    607UFTN.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 49
  • NFlickinger.jpg
    NFlickinger.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 26
here is a very interesting possible match for Shotgun Jane Doe.

the missing person is Nellie Flickinger, born about 1950, who went missing in March 1979. described as being between 5'0" - 5'4", between 120-140 lbs, brown hair, had given birth, had "Plates and/ or screws in her leg due to a motorcycle accident",

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/1737/0/

while she is about 10 years older than the estimate for Shotgun JD, the UID had this medical hardware description:

right tibia healed fracture; left tibia healed fracture secured by metal pin; fibula healed fracture secured by metal plate manufactured by "Synthes".

Nellie had left her family to run off with another man and was supposedly going to California. this is her Doe Network profile:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2313dfpa.html

Nellie is believed to be this Jane Doe found in Colusa County CA.

http://www.doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase409.html

However, authorities were unable to get DNA out of the remains, and they were unable to come up with any other means of positive ID. The details and vital stats fit Nellie though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back