Identified! TN - Knox Co, 'Shotgun Jane Doe' WhtFem 607UFTN, 21-30, Jun'87 - Tena Marie Gattrell

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
not sure if this has been posted yet, but NAMUS has the following names listed as RULED OUT in this case:

Tammy L. Fields
Patricia Louise Kelly
Vicki Arleen Sundgaard

the 6 mo discrepancy of Francis Crownover's disappearance (vs UID) is worth questionimng due to the fact that her bf didn't report her missing immediately.

She looks strikingly similar to the UID.

Hamilton County looks like a very straight shot to Greene Co./Knox Co. Perhaps Francis was hitchhiking to the Carolinas/shore during the heat of June. Francis is described as having mental illness or even mental disabilities. The age/ht are close and in one report Francis is described as having an arm injury/scar. The Doe Network:
Case File 2731DFTN

Francis D. Crownover
Missing since November 26, 1987 from Hamilton County, Tennessee
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: March 21, 1953
Age at Time of Disappearance: 34 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5’2”; 105 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Bleached Blonde, shoulder length hair; hazel eyes.
Medical: Boyfriend claimed Crownoever had some mental problems.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Crownover was reported missing by her boyfriend with whom she had been living with in Hamilton County, Tennessee, for one month, on December 4, 1987. He claimed on November 26, 1987, they went to bed together and when he woke up the next morning, she was missing. He also stated he checked with her friends and no one else had seen her either.
She left a note saying she would call, but she never did. Crownover left all her clothes and most of her personal items at Duenas’s house. She had also left her vehicle, but took $200.00.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Hamilton County Criminal Investigation Division
423-209-8940
or
Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office
423-622-0022

Agency Case Number: 87-20360

NCIC Number:
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Hamilton County Sheriff's Office

Wow, that is a close resemblance. That, combined with the mental issues and that she is from Tennessee would be worth a look, even with the discrepancies with the age, height and disappearance date.

If they fouled up the date of the disappearance that wouldn't be the first time that happened (See thread on Blue Bandana girl)

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Ruled Out OH-28ufoh-WarningMorguePhoto-MATCH??).

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/crime/body-found-22-years-ago-along-i-70-may-have-id-370232.html

the 6 mo discrepancy of Francis Crownover's disappearance (vs UID) is worth questionimng due to the fact that her bf didn't report her missing immediately.

She looks strikingly similar to the UID.

I like her but for some reason I think she was ruled out.

I have been looking at Martha Leanne Greene who was missing from TN on April 15, 1987. The reconstruction looks very similar to me and the dates are so close. More checking needs to be done though. She was a little younger but its worth checking. Take a look and see what you think. I will let you know when I check further.

I looked at Martha Leane Greene a couple of months ago, and was going to submit. But after reading MadeaBecBec's post #124 on this thread (See link below), I concluded that it would be too much of a stretch to make the circumstances of MLG's disappearance fit with the circumstances of Shotgun Jane Doe's death. MLG was clearly abducted on a remote road after running out of gas. I can't concieve of a plausible scenario that would take her from there to being a wanderer at a highway rest stop who would hop into a car with strangers to go drinking for the evening, and then flip out like SJD did.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Submitted TN- Unidentified Female- 607uftn

Also, there is no mention of MLG having given birth, or that she had the medical hardware that SJD had, or had the tattoo that SJD had.

And from a pure subjective gut-feel, she just looks like the sweet, clean teenaged girl-next-door type that I cannot reconcile with SJD's bizarre and erratic personality.

A poster on a different thread brought up Annabelle Rankin Ludwig as a Possible Match on a different Jane Doe.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/5150/26/
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/ludwig_annabelle.html

When I saw her photos, I immediately thought of this Jane Doe.

2651714780045078242S425x425Q851_zps6ece9884.jpg
2657040180045078242S200x200Q851_zps6c20ea71.jpg

Her height is spot-on.

She would have been a little old in 1987.

But she did have a previously fractured wrist, just as the Jane Doe did, although there is no mention of the other injuries.

She also had four children, which is consistent with the Jane Doe.

And she has a history of substance abuse, erratic behavior, was possibly bipolar, and was believed to have travelled from Ohio to Florida (which would take her right through Tennessee).

Heck of a resemblance there Carl, but I think at 45 at the time of Jane's death (with an upper range of 30 years and a mid point of 25.5) she's too old to be a match, given that there are witnesses who met Jane before she was killed.

You are probably right, but I am calling this one in nevertheless.

Age estimates are less accurate for ages over 25. As for the tattoo and medical hardware, they could have been acquired during the five years that she was missing.

I wish I knew what her Florida boyfriend's name was. Were his initials "BH"?

I got my call-back from Det. Theece from the Knoxville Sheriff's office. He had a couple of other detectives on conference call. He asked me why I thought that this was a match. I explained that the primary thing that caught my attention was her strong resemblance. But on further review, I found that her height matched, she was known to have been bipolar, she had given birth, she had a previous wrist injury (to match the UID's healed radius fracture indicated for the UID), and she was believed to have disappeared from Ohio to find a boyfriend in Florida five years prior .

I said to him that her age was older than the age estimates for the decedent. I also mentioned that there were no indication of tattoos, leg injuries or medical hardware. However, these could have been acquired during the five years that she was missing prior to 1987.

He asked if any dentals were available on Annabelle, and I responded that NamUs had no dental information. He said that the UID had no dental work done, so that would be an easy rule-out if we could get dentals on AML.

He thanked me for my interest in the case, and gave me a call-back number to check up on the results in a few weeks.

BTW, if this turns out to be a match, it would be an interesting coincidence that Annabelle's NamUs ID is 5150 (i.e., California Welfare and Institutions Code number for a person who needs to be involuntarily detained for psychiatric reasons.)

Nice work as always, Carl. This one looks very likely to me -- Annabelle looks youthful and the UID does not look young to me.

I hope you hear back soon.

Some of the articles on Kimberly Thompson say she was a prostitute. I wonder if she left to get away from a pimp until she got her settlement money. I wonder when the settlement money was supposed to actually come. The UID was found 6 mos after KT went missing. Maybe it isn't logical to think that KT was hitch hiking around for 6 mos. and then showed up in TN. But what if she was just wasting time until her settlement funds were released and she did not want to run into her pimp or share the money with him? Would she have not called home during those 6 months? Abandoned her apartment, did anyone else live there or just her? Yeah, I guess it is a long shot.

Posting link to the UID's Doe Network page for convenience to compare to Kimberly Thompson.
http://doenetwork.org/cases/607uftn.html

Kimberly Thompson Pic here:
http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200401338S

It would be quite credible if she owed money everywhere, and that was what a lot of the cause of her disappearance was. When a large sum of money is coming soon, it is tempting to borrow from people or ask them to treat you to things on the basis they will soon be paid back.

I suspect that if she is Shutgun Jane Doe, she was sliding into florid mental illness and kept up the borrowing long past the point where her thinking was too disordered even to consider following up when her cheque would arrive.

Cross-referencing to key info from a different thread regarding Annabelle Ludwig:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - WV WV - Littleton (Wetzel County) - WhtFem - Upper Denture - Feb 1983

Info provided by NamUs case manager:
Ludwig had (O+) blood type according to Blanchard Valley Hospital records ... Ludwig was found to have no available dental records ... Ludwig was not known by family members to ever have been to a dentist or had dental work done.

This is consistent to Shotgun Jane Doe, who had no dental work done.

Thanks Chaddylex for the useful info. This greatly strengthens my case for Annabelle being a match to Shotgun Jane Doe.

Cross-referencing to key info from a different thread regarding Annabelle Ludwig:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - WV WV - Littleton (Wetzel County) - WhtFem - Upper Denture - Feb 1983

Info provided by NamUs case manager:

This is consistent to Shotgun Jane Doe, who had no dental work done.

Thanks Chaddylex for the useful info. This greatly strengthens my case for Annabelle being a match to Shotgun Jane Doe.

Carl,

Todd from Namus was the one who got into contact with the police dept in Ohio that handled Annabelle's case. I am not sure the name of the PD, I have all of those emails at work and I am off until Tuesday... maybe if you contacted them it might help speed up the process.

Just called Knoxville Sheriff to follow-up on Annabelle Ludwig as a possible match to this Jane Doe. They said that there is too much of an age discrepancy. Their forensic anthropologist said no way that this woman was in her 40's.

Therefore, they aren't going to look into it any further.

Aww! I understand Sheriff's offices have to be terribly busy, but I wish someone could at least pull Jane Doe's file and look over the post-mortem photos that they understandably haven't released for public viewing. It wouldn't cost anything to do this, nor would it take much time.

If the JD has no evidence of fatty tissue buildup (cellulite, possibly?) on the thighs, no evidence of a facial mole above her lip*, and no protruding bone on her wrist, then so be it, she's unlikely to be Annabelle Ludwig. But what if she does have some or all of these characteristics?

* If JD had such a mole/beauty mark, it may or may not still be visible due to the shotgun injury.

ETA: They must have at least clothed post-mortem photos taken at the scene of her death. This photo showing her Dolphins jersey was cropped, while the full photo probably shows her face: **WARNING: POST-MORTEM** http://www.knoxsheriff.org/content/view/152/44/

In fact, The UID did have a previously broken wrist, in addition to the medical hardware in her legs. Annabelle isn't known (AFAIK) to have the medical hardware, but it is not impossible that she broke her legs and got the tattoo during the 5-year period after her dissapearance.

I saw that both had previously-broken wrists, but I was referring to the protruding wrist bone that Annabelle had. I'm curious if it would have been visible in a photo of Jane Doe or if Jane had a previously-broken wrist that had healed more "cleanly."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back