GUILTY TN - Lora Hale Costner, 42, Cocke County, 7 Jan 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Boy, these media outlets don't seem to get too concerned when dead bodies are found, do they ? I guess there are just so many of them lying around, it becomes old news after awhile............

the remains were not hers, they belong to megan maxwell missing since 2009

The Cocke County Sheriff’s Office and the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are investigating after human remains were discovered Thursday.

http://wate.com/2016/03/10/human-rem...-cocke-county/

http://archive.wbir.com/rss/article...e-County-confirmed-to-belong-to-Megan-Maxwell

Wait, what? Maxwell's remains were found way back in 2010. Are you sure you aren't mistaken? Do you have a link for this? tia

now i am confused, the article said Thursday remails belonged to Maxwell, but now i see that article is 2010 i dont know

somebody posted that article from the news site, i am local so it showed up on my news feed sorry guys
did not think about checking dates

Finally out where it can be discussed, can't talk about what you saw on SM..

There are lots of levels of stupidness from people involved in this case. I'm guessing that one or two people mentioned in the article are involved in Lora's disappearance.

But why in the Sam Hell would a grown woman be spending "a lot of time" a young, very young, man like him? I mean her older child is the same age as this guy! I'm baffled now!

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

But why in the Sam Hell would a grown woman be spending "a lot of time" a young, very young, man like him? I mean her older child is the same age as this guy! I'm baffled now!

You're only limited by your imagination.

Sex? Money? Attention? Abuse? Mental illness?

Honestly, the age difference doesn't make me raise my eyebrows (my husband is 10 yrs younger than me lol ) but his dubious past definitely does.

Honestly, the age difference doesn't make me raise my eyebrows (my husband is 10 yrs younger than me lol ) but his dubious past definitely does.
If you study the photo montage... the selfies, with what look like differing weights, attempted "sexy" looks, and the focus on "attractiveness" rather than the location or experience... hint at some attention seeking behaviour.

It can lead to riskier behaviour and suspect choices one wouldn't typically make, in order to receive the needed attention.

It also wouldn't be the first time a woman chose bad boy thrills...

10 years is one thing, but 19 or 20 years is a little odd. My son is 21, so it'd be like me "hanging out" with one of my son's friends. For me...that would just be weird!
If it was say an adult man, 40ish, "hanging out" with one of his son's/daughter's 20ish year old friends, it'd be considered wrong on so many levels, but because it's an older woman "hanging out" with a 20-something year old punk a$$ kid it's justified?
I'm not victim bashing whatsoever, I'm trying to wrap my head around why on earth would Lora, a very attractive woman, regardless of her age, be "hanging out" with this young punk, who is not the least bit attractive, in my personal opinion, he looks like a 15 year old going through puberty to me. I mean if I was gonna go for a younger guy, for whatever reason, I really think I would want to find a guy that was at least good looking.
We've seen her husband that passed away & other guys/men she's taken pictures with on her FB, Lora had good taste in men, they were all nice looking guys, so IF she was really messing around with this Cody kid, it has to make you wonder Whiskey.Tango.Foxtrot!!!! So for me there would HAVE to be another reason that Lora would've been hanging out with him!?!? In light of the recent charges he has acquired, could the "hanging out" be drug related? Maybe she bought from him, sold for him or maybe she figured out something about what he had done or was currently doing? The slashed tireS, not just flattened tires, SLASHED, tireS, says a lot to me!! It says to me she pissed off the wrong person/people!! Before I thought it might be a pissed off ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend, but now I'm thinking it could've been drug dealers!!!!

Finally out where it can be discussed, can't talk about what you saw on SM..

What SM are you referring to? I haven't seen any discussion about something that was seen on SM, so I'm confused.....[emoji848]

What SM are you referring to? I haven't seen any discussion about something that was seen on SM, so I'm confused.....[emoji848]

IMO it was on social media that could not be linked here. Likely poster/s saw the connection but unable to link or discuss it until it became mainstream media.

We can't discuss anything from SM, it was something I saw on there. Now that it's in the news, we can..

The human remains found in a Newport yard are still unidentified, but we do know that they're the remains of a female.

The only trace of Costner, her van found with tires slashed, just down the road from Strong's home. Neighbors in the Bogard community tell us Costner and a man that lived in this neighborhood, McKinley Cody, spent a lot of time together. Cody's mother, former 9-1-1 Director Kathy Cody, who recently made headlines accused of smuggling drugs into the Cocke County jail, lives across the street from where the body was found.

McKinley has a long criminal record. He was charged two days ago with criminal conspiracy. Before that he was convicted of violation of probation, aggravated burglary, criminal trespassing, two counts of theft over 5 thousand dollars and vandalism.

Neighbors also told us McKinley Cody spent time at the home where the remains were discovered.

http://www.local8now.com/content/ne...-be-identified-until-next-week-371807372.html

It's pretty easy to read between the lines in this case, unlike some of them we see in here.

Looks like this friend of hers graduated from being a sneak thief to a murderer. She either called him for help when she got a flat tire, or he planted the van where it was found. According to the article, her van was fairly close to where the remains were found, as in walking distance.

They might want to keep an eye on this guy until after she is identified, he may try to blow town. They'll have him locked up within 24 hours after she's ID'd. I guess that's really all you can expect from a guy who's first and last name are in reverse order.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nelib87
Back