GUILTY TN - Manisha Kratochvil, 32, found strangled in her Antioch home, 2 March 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Several things I'm wondering... :waitasec:

I hope LE has checked out his cell phone calls, texts & more importantly pings to see where he was from Saturday night until Monday when he returned.

When was the last time that her mom seen her? I'm assuming she was around on Sunday and went to bed at her normal time. The locked door on this extra bedroom she was found in is bugging me... like the perp wanted to delay someone finding her body so maybe the perp could get farther away.

Was anything else in the house missing besides this jewerly from the master bedroom? IIRC, I noticed the plasma TV still hanging on the wall.

This house in SC, is it in a populated area to where LE could verify if/when he was in fact there? I'm sure they've already checked this out but just thinking out loud.

Was it planned that John go this SC house on Saturday night? Our area had been calling for snow on Sunday for several days prior so it seems that he'd put off a 6-hr trip, especially if he was due back for work on Monday (I can't find anything about his employer so far so not sure on that...). Timing just seems odd if nothing else.

The fact that he drove back 6 hours from SC instead of hoping on a plane and coming straight back a lot quicker is strange. I understand being in shock and just jumping on the road as fast as you could -- but I'm just not feeling that (being in shock) from his interviews.

The news article says that the house alarm was on but that windows were not protected. But if someone was to come through the garage (in or out it), wouldn't the alarm then be set off? Because that door going into the garage would be opened, setting off the alarm? No? I'd like to know how many times this house alarm was disabled between Sunday & Monday when she was found...

I don't know... her husband just seems very Perry March; Drew Peterson; Scott Peterson (sadly the list could go on & on) to me. Strange. :twocents:

My idea on the locked door was to keep the kids from finding her. IMO

What a sad story. My first thought about the locked door was also that whoever the killer was, didn't want the children to find her.

About the six hours drive back, I don't think that's so very strange. There might not be a direct flight from Spartenburg to Nashville scheduled just when he wanted to leave, and taking into account the time it takes to make inquiries about the timetables, the time it takes to drive to the airport, any waiting time before the next flight, the check up time, and possibly the time to change flights, if there's not a suitable direct flight right away when he wants it, and taking all that into account it might take even more time to fly home than to drive the six hours. Then he'd be without a car back home if he left it in SC and would have to arrange for taxis or somebody to pick him up at the airport.

Mind you, if I found out that someone murdered a member of my family, I would probably be in no condition to drive safely.

Hope this will be solved soon, and I wish lots of strength for the people who are personally touched by the grief.

Husband Arrested
www.wkrn.com

The husband of the woman found dead in their Antioch home early last week has admitted to committing the crime.

John Kratochvil was taken into police custody Wednesday after detectives said he admitted to killing his wife, 32-year-old Manisha Kratochvil.

Manisha Kratochvil's mother found her daughter strangled to death in her home on Sunnywood Drive on the morning of March 2.

A detailed examination of her body revealed certain trauma indicative of foul play, police said, but the home showed no signs of forced entry.

John Kratochvil initially told investigators he was in South Carolina on business at the time of his wife's death.

Wednesday, he changed his story and said he was in South Carolina, returned to Nashville to kill his wife and then went back to South Carolina.

He also told investigators he staged the scene so it would appear an outside person or intruder committed the crime and said he killed her during a time of "marital discourse."

The couple's children, ages three and six, were inside the home at the time of the murder.

Kratochvil is expected to be formally charged Wednesday night.

Husband Arrested
www.wkrn.com

The husband of the woman found dead in their Antioch home early last week has admitted to committing the crime.

John Kratochvil was taken into police custody Wednesday after detectives said he admitted to killing his wife, 32-year-old Manisha Kratochvil.

Manisha Kratochvil's mother found her daughter strangled to death in her home on Sunnywood Drive on the morning of March 2.

A detailed examination of her body revealed certain trauma indicative of foul play, police said, but the home showed no signs of forced entry.

John Kratochvil initially told investigators he was in South Carolina on business at the time of his wife's death.

Wednesday, he changed his story and said he was in South Carolina, returned to Nashville to kill his wife and then went back to South Carolina.

He also told investigators he staged the scene so it would appear an outside person or intruder committed the crime and said he killed her during a time of "marital discourse."

The couple's children, ages three and six, were inside the home at the time of the murder.

Kratochvil is expected to be formally charged Wednesday night.

Oh wow! I'm actually surprised that he cracked, he seemed so sure of himself. What a piece of carp that husband is. :mad:

I feel so bad for her family, friends, and especially her 2 precious children who will now grow up without a mother... and a father in prison hopefully for a long, long, long time. And to know that they were in the same house while she was murdered. I cannot imagine their pain tonight. :blowkiss:

From the moment I heard the news I knew he was involved, however, I felt that maybe he had nothing to do with it for the childrens sake. I can't understand what goes through someone's mind that killing someone is the best solution regardless of the alternatives. At this point, she is no longer with us and he will be in jail for the rest of his life, I hope! and the kids...while they have the benefit of thier Aunt and grandmother...they won't have Manisha and John their parents. Sadly he didn't think of them in the present or their future! I feel there is relief in our hearts for a number of reasons...mainly the mystery is solved. Now, the next step of the healing process is able to begin but the questions remain. Many that will go unanswered because only 'they' will no the real answers.

My friend Manisha...you will always be in my thoughts, you changed a lot of peoples lives by just being you, rest in peace and be your children's angels. Deter them from things that won't benefit them. I will truly miss you.

I'm glad he was arrested - sorry about your loss wonderingwhy.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishbl
Back