Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I am thinking. He may have an extensive knowledge of backwoods areas to hang out in. Maybe even has access to a hunting camp or something.
Yeah, I think they're off grid. I'm willing to bet almost anything they aren't even going to attempt to leave the country. People seem to think it's not very risky to try to take a minor out of the country. I'm confused by this.

I came across this story and wanted to share, I hope you can see it, Gives us some info on her home life :(

www.newschannel5.com/.../search-for-missing-columbia-teen-in-amber-alert-escalates

From link:

Thomas, who appears to have willingly joined him, may have already been in the car. She comes from a family of ten children. Her mother is currently facing felony child abuse charges.

General Cooper called the teen a vulnerable child. "She's had incidents in her life that made her situation much more difficult," said General Cooper.

Friend, lawyer for missing Tennessee teen question school district reaction

http://fox17.com/news/local/friend-...nessee-teen-question-school-district-reaction

more info on this:

The Thomas family is saying:
Health sciences teacher Tad Cummins, 50, was caught kissing Thomas at school by another student Jan. 23. The school was informed of the incident Jan. 24 and allowed Cummins to remain in the classroom until Feb. 6 — two weeks later — while Maury County Public Schools and Maury County Sheriff's Department investigated. "[Thomas' father] was only informed of the incident on Jan. 31."

The school administration is saying:
"A student (not Thomas) filed a report with Culleoka Unit School administration on Jan. 24. The next day, Jan. 25, Culleoka Unit School administration contacted the central office concerning the report, and the investigation began and continued to Jan. 31, when results of the investigation were delivered to the teacher.
"During the investigation, both the teacher and the student were instructed to have no contact. The student was transferred out of Cummins' class. At that time, there were no findings to substantiate suspension of the teacher.
The suspension on Feb. 6 was precipitated by insubordination by Mr. Cummins. There was a continuing investigation by the Maury County Sheriff's Office.
Cummins' dismissal on March 14 was a result of the TBI's issuance of the alert."
Thomas kept showing up in Cummins' class, despite the warning, and was given an in-school suspension.

http://www.columbiadailyherald.com/...ol-for-two-weeks-after-allegedly-kissing-teen

This is just so sad now knowing what was going on at home for Mary Elizabeth. She sees him as her saviour. This changes things somewhat. She won't want to go home no matter what. Wow!

in a nutshell:

Cummins and Thomas were caught kissing on January 23, School informed on January 24.
Thomas Family and Cummins were informed on January 31, investigation concluded, no findings.
Thomas was removed from the classroom in February and warned not to return. Thomas kept showing up in Cummins' class and was given an in-school suspension.
Cummins remained in the classroom until February 6 when he was suspended for insubordination.
There was a continuing investigation by the Maury County Sheriff's Office.
Thomas and Cummins go missing on March 13
Cummins is dismissed (fired) on March 14 as a result of the amber alert.

Lots of talk about that (and more) in the comments on local news stories. I was hoping it wasn't true :(
Yes and her mothers name in the comments. Arrested 2-2-16 for 4 counts of felony child abuse and neglect. Elizabeth must have seen Cummins as her way out of this hellhole of a home life. 9 siblings, I cannot even image what may have been happening in that house :(

He completely took advantage of a little girl that needed an adult's care and attention, and twisted it into a fantasy for himself ��
My thoughts exactly. She was the perfect victim for him to hone in on

Did everyone see the snippet from the article linked maybe a dozen or more posts back?! He convinced her he is a "Jason Bourne" type agent?

That breaks my damned heart. She thought he was her savior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes and her mothers name in the comments. Arrested 2-2-16 for 4 counts of felony child abuse and neglect. Elizabeth must have seen Cummins as her way out of this hellhole of a home life. 9 siblings, I cannot even image what may have been happening in that house :(

This ^ above coupled with his purporting to be a slick agent a la Jason Bourne (per article I can link shortly, but a kind poster already shared it) - that makes me think that perhaps she really believed he was her knight in shining armor.
Please let them find her safe: I am wary of him for so many reasons, and the only person I'm truly afraid of is one with nothing left to lose. Jmo

There seem to be widespread misconceptions about crossing the US border into Mexico. It is NOT hard at all.

There are not Mexican officials monitoring the flow of traffic into Mexico in the way that the US officials are doing right next to them. In San Diego, if you don't want to drive your car across the border (because your car insurance won't cover you in Mexico), you can park in a parking lot on the US side, walk across a little bridge and there you go.

If you DO want to drive your car into Mexico, you just...drive. Remember the US Marine who accidentally drove across the border carrying guns? http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/30/us/mexico-us-marine-detained/

Tahmooressi had walked across the border into Tijuana to patronize an establishment popular with Marines from Camp Pendleton, his mother ,Jill, said.
As Tahmooressi explained, out of a parking lot, "I just made one wrong turn, and then that one wrong turn that I thought was going to take me north to San Diego was actually an on-ramp that swooped around back to the south and to Mexico."
At one point, he got "funneled" across the border.
"There was no way out of that except for if I had turned my truck around and drove into oncoming traffic," Tahmooressi said. "That would have been the only way that I could have done it."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My theory has been they are headed to Texas, then Mexico if the alerts increase which they have.

I did hear this morning on Nashville news that LE thinks they are possibly in FL but followed that up by saying they could be anywhere.

The above is my opinion only.

This ^ above coupled with his purporting to be a slick agent a la Jason Bourne (per article I can link shortly, but a kind poster already shared it) - that makes me think that perhaps she really believed he was her knight in shining armor.
Please let them find her safe: I am wary of him for so many reasons, and the only person I'm truly afraid of is one with nothing left to lose. Jmo

Just a quick review of their IG accounts paints the story pretty well.

She has been emotionally abused with extremely low self esteem and saw no hope in a bad situation.

At his stage in life, youthful adventures are gone and he must have some regrets from that.

Combined, he gets to be the hero he has always wanted to be and she gets the love, acceptance, and protection she has always needed. Classic knight in shinning armor fights for and saves the damsel in distress.

The scary part to this fantasy is that he can never be anything less than more than he really is and she can't let go of, what she thinks is, her only strand of hope in life. This leads him to take extreme chances and her to follow blindly. This is just another form of emotional and physical abuse to her.

He controls this situation and I hope he finds the heroic honor to sacrifice himself (and I don't mean physical death) to save her by letting her get the real help that she needs to live an emotionally healthy life.

Just a quick review of their IG accounts paints the story pretty well.

She has been emotionally abused with extremely low self esteem and saw no hope in a bad situation.

At his stage in life, youthful adventures are gone and he must have some regrets from that.

Combined, he gets to be the hero he has always wanted to be and she gets the love, acceptance, and protection she has always needed. Classic knight in shinning armor fights for and saves the damsel in distress.

The scary part to this fantasy is that he can never be anything less than more than he really is and she can't let go of, what she thinks is, her only strand of hope in life. This leads him to take extreme chances and her to follow blindly. This is just another form of emotional and physical abuse to her.

He controls this situation and I hope he finds the heroic honor to sacrifice himself (and I don't mean physical death) to save her by letting her get the real help that she needs to live an emotionally healthy life.

I agree wholeheartedly. I have this fear that once you "cross that line" - not just lusting after a teen student, but sexual activity per the charges, and kissing in the classroom (risk-taking) then progressing to a title loan on a vehicle for cash, running away with teen and weapons - I get worried that it CANNOT end well.

You, however, postulate a scenario where it could feasibly end "well" (as well as possible given where things lie right now.) I hadn't considered this, and am hopeful things play out in a similar vein. Here's hoping!

--
Southside Irish folks from Chicago love today. It's a big deal here. I would love for some shiny green luck with this case, with this young lady - she's been dealt a rough hand by life but it CAN get better. [emoji256]

I googled the meaning of the name Tad....oh dear I guess I should of expected that. I hope they find them and she's safe

I'm trying to put myself in Elizabeth's shoes, and think like a 15-year-old who has run away with her first "love." (Using the term "love" loosely here). I think at first she must have felt liberated and invincible and would have been enjoying her new found freedom and all the future possibilities that await her. By day 5 (today), I would think she may be feeling isolated, desperate, and that this whole thing "isn't what it was cracked up to be." I know at fifteen, I lived for weekends with my friends after a long school week. Not to mention the stressors that must be on these two, such as money, getting food/gas/necessities, and lodging, all while "laying low." This puts her at risk and worries me greatly.

JMO

I'm trying to put myself in Elizabeth's shoes, and think like a 15-year-old who has run away with her first "love." (Using the term "love" loosely here). I think at first she must have felt liberated and invincible and would have been enjoying her new found freedom and all the future possibilities that await her. By day 5 (today), I would think she may be feeling isolated, desperate, and that this whole thing "isn't what it was cracked up to be." I know at fifteen, I lived for weekends with my friends after a long school week. Not to mention the stressors that must be on these two, such as money, getting food/gas/necessities, and lodging, all while "laying low." This puts her at risk and worries me greatly.

JMO

I think it depends on what they are doing.

If they're sitting on a beach drinking fruity drinks, she might be ok with her situation for now because every day is a weekend day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13